Old SexLab Submit - (Merge into the current Submit thread?)

• 06JUL13, ~1523CST:

• Refined the Slot Masking being used for the strip/requip code.  NPC's should now properly equip boots/gloves/etc if they were left in their inventory and stop walking around barefoot.

The initial "guard" alarm trigger radius was reduced from 1000 "units" to 500 "units".

The qualifying NPC's that can trigger this was refined to not just a generic guard, but they must belong to one of the "CrimeFaction###" from one of the main cities/towns, they can not be a follower, and their relationship must be 0 (neutral) or less.

The "post rape/rob" effect was revised.  At the end, if the victim sees you, instead of directly calling an alarm and immediately attacking, instead, they will cause you to reapply the earlier "guard alarm" effect for 10sec, only this time the radius will be 1500 "units".  This is still to encourage players to flee the scene, especially if they are out and about where guards are roaming, however, now if you use it on a bandit/necro/etc or just a long NPC in their house or something, you don't have to run away and then come back to continue doing whatever.

If the player is put in combat, either as a result of a guard seeing you, or just another bandit or whatever, you will now automatically abort whatever part of the submit process was left.  (The victim will then automatically enter the post-rob state

Here's a mod you may find interesting. It could certainly aid in the use of your mod.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32670/?tab=3&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fid%3D32670%26user%3D1&pUp=1

That is indeed an interesting mod, and seems along the lines of what I was going with originally.  I struggled to come up with alternatives to the selected H2H kill moves I used, but it seemed most all "attack" animations seem hardcoded to actually DO the attack, which would end up damaging them and automatically triggering a bounty.

And the kill moves themselves?  They automatically kill the target, and you then had to use the VERY buggy Resurrect() command, which would do a CTD ~10% of the time.  Then I discovered, purely by accident, that if you force another animation shortly before the kill move finishes, the "Kill()" component doesn't get called!

And while I tried to come up with ways to deal with some of the more awkward positions of your target (i.e. sleeping/sitting/etc), there is only so much I could do to make sure the positions are good for the H2H kill moves (I even try to make it use one from the back and one from the front, just in case they turn midway through the ambush attempt), there are definitely situations where they have issues (i.e. stairs).

So, I may revisit this part in the future.  We'll see.  For now, after spending all my free time on the revamp, I want to just play the game. :P

"Added a MCM option to disable all rape/sex parts of the mod and only leave in the robbing parts. For those that don't like the idea of rape, this still leaves an option to rob a victim in a non-lethal manner, as opposed to looting a corpse."

Nice touch!

"Have previously raped/robbed NPC's reset their reaction to you after an a period of game time has passed (Currently set to 1 day). This is more of a thing for permanent NPC's, like the civilians in a city, since bandits/necros and such tend to reset on over time anyway. (although it will still be applicable for them as well)"

How will this effect victims that you "transform" to companions with other mods, like EFF. I got a tip in this thread that after the Submit shout is used, you can make a victim your companion with EFFs Mind Control spell (works wonders, I got arond 10 bandits/necromacers tending my house). In the new update, do you think every follower will break after one day? Sounds unlikely to me, since EFF rules should take over. But I still got the "What should I do with you now" dialog option left on some companions, so at least a part of Subimt carries over.

"Added a MCM option to disable all rape/sex parts of the mod and only leave in the robbing parts. For those that don't like the idea of rape, this still leaves an option to rob a victim in a non-lethal manner, as opposed to looting a corpse."

Nice touch!

"Have previously raped/robbed NPC's reset their reaction to you after an a period of game time has passed (Currently set to 1 day). This is more of a thing for permanent NPC's, like the civilians in a city, since bandits/necros and such tend to reset on over time anyway. (although it will still be applicable for them as well)"

How will this effect victims that you "transform" to companions with other mods, like EFF. I got a tip in this thread that after the Submit shout is used, you can make a victim your companion with EFFs Mind Control spell (works wonders, I got arond 10 bandits/necromacers tending my house). In the new update, do you think every follower will break after one day? Sounds unlikely to me, since EFF rules should take over. But I still got the "What should I do with you now" dialog option left on some companions, so at least a part of Subimt carries over.

Thanks! I thought it was a good idea to allow more people to make use of the mod that might not ordinarily otherwise.

The second part sounded like a lot more than it really is.  Currently, when you rape and/or rob a victim, they are added to a custom faction that exists solely for the purpose letting the mod know if you have raped/robbed them previously, as that determines available dialog options and such.

All I do is after a day, they are removed from the faction.  Nothing else is changed, so this should not affect any other mod, such as the one you are talking about.

• 06JUL13, ~1711CST:
  • Fixed a CTD bug that introduced by the last line item in the 1523 update.  Apparently, one of the functions, if skipped, would CTD the next time you tried to save.  Fortunately, that function was just the "surrender" function, and was harmless if allowed to play out even if the player was engaged in combat.  The rest of the functions, strip, rob, and sex, did not seem to CTD when saving if they were skipped, so they remain skipped if the player enters combat.

For those that managed to download the last copy in the 2 hours between posting it, discovering the bug, identifying the source of the bug (I was actually wrong on my original suspicion as to the culprit!), fixing and reposting, sorry!  :blush:

No need to be sorry.
We're all thankfull, that you care about your mod, us (the player) and that you update regulary.
Thanks for the mod and all the time and work, you put into it.

(i jus dl'ed, repacked and ... there i go again. ^^ i love repacking my mods, as often as possible ... in a row. :P )

awesome mod. Beat your opponent soundly, take away their sword, and send them home licking their wounds.

Suggestion for multiple adversary: take weapon permanently with a disarm during battle, or after a successful submission if npc [on chance] attacks again, where a follow-up sumbit shout, parry [mod] or block takes weapon automatically. Versus casters, a shout becomes a long fear or curse causing target flee. With an additional mod from nexus, a taken weapon could be thrown at next adversary if auto equip option were available [with a damage bonus modifier for a thrown weapon].   

Disarm an entire band of bandits, and with the likes of SL UtilityOne disarmed could become calmed, bleed-out, fear, etc via a groin attack, were such an animation available in SL, for a submit attack.

Submission always better than murder. 

edit, could even do a non SL version for nexy.

Nice touch!

Thanks! I thought it was a good idea to allow more people to make use of the mod that might not ordinarily otherwise.

The second part sounded like a lot more than it really is.  Currently, when you rape and/or rob a victim, they are added to a custom faction that exists solely for the purpose letting the mod know if you have raped/robbed them previously, as that determines available dialog options and such.

All I do is after a day, they are removed from the faction.  Nothing else is changed, so this should not affect any other mod, such as the one you are talking about.

Hhmm... sounds like it could cause trouble in a house full of enemies from a couple of factions. Ill try it out and will see. :shy:

Speaking of trouble, I have a habit of dropping loot here and there in my house... not a good idea with EFF apparently. First I hear that classic comment about "If no one wants this..." and then "Hands of..." etc. Hillarity ensues when casters and bandits go at eachother. :D

Hhmm... sounds like it could cause trouble in a house full of enemies from a couple of factions. Ill try it out and will see. :shy:

Speaking of trouble, I have a habit of dropping loot here and there in my house... not a good idea with EFF apparently. First I hear that classic comment about "If no one wants this..." and then "Hands of..." etc. Hillarity ensues when casters and bandits go at eachother. :D

Naw, I don't change existing factions a NPC belongs to, and the custom faction has absolutely no "allies/enemies" associated, so it has no bearing on that.  At most, I've simply seen them try to flee if combat goes on around them, even if the others I am fighting are in their original factions (bandits/etc)

Although... come to think of it... since I am applying the spell effect that, after a day, wears off and removes them from the faction... I can just have all checks look for the presence of that magiceffect instead of the faction, and I can delete the custom faction.

That isn't worth updating by itself, but I am going to implement it tonight and it will just be part of the next update, whenever that is.

awesome mod. Beat your opponent soundly, take away their sword, and send them home licking their wounds.

Suggestion for multiple adversary: take weapon permanently with a disarm during battle, or after a successful submission if npc [on chance] attacks again, where a follow-up sumbit shout, parry [mod] or block takes weapon automatically. Versus casters, a shout becomes a long fear or curse causing target flee. With an additional mod from nexus, a taken weapon could be thrown at next adversary if auto equip option were available [with a damage bonus modifier for a thrown weapon].   

Disarm an entire band of bandits, and with the likes of SL UtilityOne disarmed could become calmed, bleed-out, fear, etc via a groin attack, were such an animation available in SL, for a submit attack.

Submission always better than murder. 

edit, could even do a non SL version for nexy.

Eh, most of that is probably more involved than I'll really want to take it.

However, once I fix the stupid hotkey assignment issue that has plagued me since the start, I could see myself stripping out the "sex" part of the mod and repackaging it for Nexus as basically a non-lethal way to rob an opponent.

But if I did that, it wouldn't be until I considered work on this mod done, because I have absolutely zero interest in trying to maintain TWO mods in concurrent development. :P

was thinking one mod that is default submission feature during stealth and combat, but checks for SL and if present gives optional features.

but yeah, meh, more than a rape n plunder mod in scope.

.... the submission mod at nexus is old and crusty, likely way out of date and kinda clunky, comparably.

Eh, so long as the many, many references to the Sexlab Framework don't cause issues when turned "off" for those that just use the mod with nothing more than SKSE and SkyUI, sure, then one mod definitely.  Probably will be fine with a wee bit of clean up on the scripts, make sure I don't call Framework references anywhere outside of the ones truly required for the sexins'.

Many of the "submission" mods that I saw on Nexus, such as Mercy, the original one I started with to make this one, relied on modifying the Flee and Bleedout dialog entries in the DialogGeneric file.  Problem with that was 2 fold:

1) You are modifying stock Skyrim files, so run the risk of mod incompatibility if others do the same.

2) Flee/Bleedout dialogs only happen at a predetermined low health level, and quite often you would end up accidently triggering a killmove, especially on some low level peon bandit, when all you wanted to do was trigger the "drop combat" part of the mod.

On a separate note, back to your earlier post, I had originally added a secondary animation on a successful Shout.  I figured since the Shout just stunned them a bit, you needed a valid reason for them to actually surrender.  So I added the H2H killmove where you grab them with your left hand, then beat them several times with your right.  The only reason that didn't originally ship with the recent updates was because I noticed afterwards, when they got up, when they started walking, they would suddenly walk on their tiptoes, and it looked really stupid, so I scrapped that.

I discovered a workaround to that issue tonight, so I'm putting that animation back in! :)  And since you are getting up close and personal at this point in order to do this, I can definitely see the argument for why you would strip their currently equipped weapon and add it to your inventory, since a disarmed opponent (that also just had their bell rung pretty good) is going to have a valid reason to submit, as opposed to "RAWR ME YELL LOUD! :angry: "

I'm going to hold off on the update for now, though, give me some time to make sure it plays well, but so far, I'm really liking the way it feels.  The only thing I am concerned about is if you catch more than one enemy in the cone of the shout, and more than one submits, what will happen.

But more importantly, I really want to get the Hotkey sorted out before I update again.

Had messed around with Speech Tree Re-balance, and the predecessor 'true yield', but hadn't tried Mercy. There was a recently added "I Yield, I Yield!" brought over from steam, but was locked last night for moderator review; oops... but yeah, "conflicts" and likely identical to Mercy, whether intentional or not.

Really like some of the features of Speech Tree, but is not as intuitive as just 'shouting them down'; the use of player yielding to NPC via Speech Perks is a cool feature though.  May be useful for your mod. Allow player to just submit to sexual assault rather than outright die due to bad juju, if speech is high enough [and give speech exp for success]. Even a chance to be let go, if the roll is high enough. Non-sex version could just have all your stuff stolen as you are pummeled into the dirt via H2H kill move. I like playing with difficulty set to max, both vanilla and modded, so one hit pc death is extremely common when unprotected per block, parry, spell etc..; having another avenue of survival is always a cool feature. 

Have you thought of adding an audible thu'um/shout to your Submit Shout? Also look at Dual Wield Parry features as ways to initiate a submit other than shout [skse version], many of the equip combos left/right hand have a form of Shield Bash, where such a bash could also trigger the submit algorithm.  Was thinking the Private Needs mod could use a 'piss yourself' shout/block/parry at Zero Stamina [on hit] as a form of submission when low health vs target npc, where pc/npc auto submit with the ZaZ pee animation.  

ps, was a search for a better submission mod that led me to LL, where SA fit the realism, and nexus/steam Speech Tree, the combat. But you've almost combined them both, nice work. 

Had messed around with Speech Tree Re-balance, and the predecessor 'true yield', but hadn't tried Mercy. There was a recently added "I Yield, I Yield!" brought over from steam, but was locked last night for moderator review; oops... but yeah, "conflicts" and likely identical to Mercy, whether intentional or not.

Really like some of the features of Speech Tree, but is not as intuitive as just 'shouting them down'; the use of player yielding to NPC via Speech Perks is a cool feature though.  May be useful for your mod. Allow player to just submit to sexual assault rather than outright die due to bad juju, if speech is high enough [and give speech exp for success]. Even a chance to be let go, if the roll is high enough. Non-sex version could just have all your stuff stolen as you are pummeled into the dirt via H2H kill move. I like playing with difficulty set to max, both vanilla and modded, so one hit pc death is extremely common when unprotected per block, parry, spell etc..; having another avenue of survival is always a cool feature. 

Have you thought of adding an audible thu'um/shout to your Submit Shout? Also look at Dual Wield Parry features as ways to initiate a submit other than shout [skse version], many of the equip combos left/right hand have a form of Shield Bash, where such a bash could also trigger the submit algorithm.  Was thinking the Private Needs mod could use a 'piss yourself' shout/block/parry at Zero Stamina [on hit] as a form of submission when low health vs target npc, where pc/npc auto submit with the ZaZ pee animation.  

ps, was a search for a better submission mod that led me to LL, where SA fit the realism, and nexus/steam Speech Tree, the combat. But you've almost combined them both, nice work. 

Not sure why it isn't doing the FUS ROH DAH!! sound with the shout, since I literally copied the DAH! spell as the base template for the Submit Shout and just changed the associated script , but I haven't felt it was important enough to really look into it.

Dual Wield Parry is actually the mod I used to transfer from the 'Mercy' style to using the Shout hotkey.  Between that mod and the Sexlab Framework, which also uses hotkeys for scene adjustments during the sexin's, one would think I had everything I needed to implement it correctly.

And yet, I'm still not doing something correctly.   :s   But eh, reverse engineering isn't always foolproof.

And originally, before I decided on the shout, I was going to do a shield bash all along as what would trigger the submit attempt.  However, not everyone uses a shield.  And even with the bashing types added by Dual Wield Parry, dual casters don't even have that as an option, which Dual Wield Parry is unable to do.  That is why one day it dawned on me that I could just have you use a 'Shout', something ALL characters have access to by lore, simply by virtue of being the Dragonborn, so it just seemed natural.

However, *IF* I wanted to adapt the Shout into something closer to bashing at this point, I suppose I could easily adopt the code I already implemented to empty your hands to do the H2H animations, then re-equip whatever you were using, whether it was sword/board, dual wield, 2handed, bow, spell/weapon, weapon/spell, spell/spell, whatever.  I'm just not sure how many varieties there really needs to be.  Especially since last night I added the H2H beatdown animation after the Shout succeeds, since that was just a simple stun move, and the beatdown is what will make them truly 'submit'.

Still, I could add an MCM option to not have the 'Shout' and make what triggers the 'beatdown' attempt work off of a "touch" spell, which is exactly how the 'Ambush' component works.  (It just naturally wouldn't require being out of LOS like the Ambush).  Failure could even have both parties stagger a bit in combat as the victim fights you off, just like the Ambush failure works.  That could be for people that might not be fond of the Shout itself, but like the rest of the mod, and would make it a big more difficult since the cone effect of the Shout makes hitting your target a bit more forgiving.

As for some of the other additions, I am reluctant to use stuff from other mods in my own, other than the obvious reliance on the Sexlab Framework.  Dealing with permissions, making sure you keep up to date with their resources, etc, just don't really want to deal with that.  Anything from Vanilla Skyrim is fair game, though! :)

And, eh, I am also hesitant to really go into the player submit, for three reasons.

1) I personally see the concept of 'player submit' as a glorified alternate death scene.  That is not a negative judgement on people that enjoy that, but I know that if my guy submits, I'm reloading, so then what was the point?  And since I making this mod for myself first and foremost, I'm not inclined to add a major feature I won't even use.

2) There are already 2 mods on here that attempt to handle player submission (Although I think only Defeat is still being actively developed.  Not sure) So, coupled with #1, I am not sure why I should go about trying to reinvent the wheel here.  (While technically, one could say Defeat also has NPC submission as well, my mod was first! :P)

3) Probably the biggest of the reasons?  Both of those two mods I mentioned have struggled with logistical issues on handling both your follows and multiple opponents.  You either get in a situation where you get stuck in an endless gangbang, or the first bandit starts and the second bandit continues to kill you, or your follower does something weird, etc.  And quite frankly, that just sounds like a big headache for a feature I won't even use.

So, chiefly because of #3, spending (excessive) development time on that feature I won't even use sounds like a poor use of my time.

But I don't use SA or SD, so again, that sounds like a lot of work to facilitate a mod I don't even use.  If anything, I would expect SA or SD to handle the "player loses scenario".

And regarding the Shout usage, by its very nature, it doesn't require magic or stamina, it's just a shout.  I limit it by triggering the powers cooldown, just like any other shout.  So there would never be a time when you would not have enough stamina/magic/etc to use it, just like using a normal shout in game.

So I'm not sure I'm following why there would feasibly be a scenario when the game would decide "Oh, you can't shout because of X, so instead you'll do Y".

Hrm, just to be clear, the SA/SD, you are referring to the Sanguine mods, right?  If so, I'm not sure what those mods have in common with mine other than they both share the element of submission.

As I understand, SA/SD are "Player submits" mods and my mod deals with the opposite scenario, so I'm not sure what one has to do with the other.  My mod was designed as a compliment to SL Romance, where that is the "Persuade" option, and mine was the "Intimidate" option (and thusly, usable on hostile NPCs).  And, like Romance, its scope of design was *always* to be used solely on NPC's, not on the player.

neither do I currently, but SA and SD are submit mods.  Anyway, if you get ambitious I've outlined some potential paths.

edit, one extra key press beyond X [block/parry/ward] as y [submit shout] likewise dragonborn shout, rather than just x for most play-styles.  [block/parry/ward/alt bow attack, alternate extra submit shout] would trigger either npc/pc submission on or near death. On death a new option.

Again, the chief reservation I have with doing it isn't so much a philosophical one (i.e. I wouldn't use it and/or others already do it), but instead is the added trouble of doing it and doing it in a way in which I was satisfied.

Forget the fact that there are numerous parts of my code that had the luxury of always assuming the player is the aggressor and would need to be revised to allow them to be the victim as well.  A bit tedious, but doable.  And forget simply adding a hotkey combination (Like X vs Shift + X in Sexlab Framework) to make the player voluntarily submit to a single hostile NPC.  Those are the relatively easy parts.

The parts I don't want anything to do with the are headaches involved in handling multiple hostile NPC's and followers.  As I have read in the threads for the other mods, those have been problems that have (or still do?) constantly plagued those mods, and I don't see how I wouldn't have that same problem.  And all I see in that is a several wasted nights of frustration trying to get something to work, particularly when that particular something is one I don't even care about. 

And add to that, I am trying to wrap up my mod, because I would like to spend my evening free time playing the game, not endlessly tinkering on some other component I added just for the sake of adding it.

Hey dkatryl, I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your mod - I've got both yours and goubo's defeat installed - his for defeat and (hopefully well working) follower fun, yours for player success.

I'd also like to say that i really like the use of the shout ability. Using a dragon shout to force submission makes me feel much closer to Alduin :)

Hey dkatryl, I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your mod - I've got both yours and goubo's defeat installed - his for defeat and (hopefully well working) follower fun, yours for player success.

I'd also like to say that i really like the use of the shout ability. Using a dragon shout to force submission makes me feel much closer to Alduin :)

Good to hear!  That was the goal all along! :)

Despite my stance on the subject of player submission, an occupational hazard of modding is that once you get a problem in your head, your mind sometimes won't let go until it can figure it out.  That said, I think I might have a workable solution for the player to submit that would handle multiple opponents as well as followers, and it would largely be based on the same code I already use to make guards react to you if they see you assaulting someone.

Just for the shits of it, to see how much of my existing code I could use, I decided to take the rape option from the original "Submit, or die!" dialog and reversed the actor order, and it 90% worked properly.  The 10% that didn't work properly would be easily fixable (For instance, you wouldn't open up the "gift" window if the player submitted :P)

Long story short, I may be able to add in a player submit feature that won't make me regret considering it.  No promises, the idea could, in fact, turn out to be a big, steaming pile of shit. ;)

Well, there is a fair amount of cleanup that is going to be required, for instance, the bandits that I tested it on would continue to walk by me after dropping combat, which really disrupted the scene a bit... And I haven't tested it with followers yet...

But as to the actual proof of concept to be surrounded by 3+ bandits and, using a hotkey to surrender, they all dropped combat correctly.  And when there was only one bandit, the one bandit took his turn, and if there were 2 or more?  Those closest 2 did a 3-way with my poor guy in the middle.  And they stripped all of my gold, plus the weapon/armors I was currently wearing, leaving me nekkid and then ignoring me.

So, what the hell, maybe I'll be adding player submission after all.  Probably won't be until next weekend when I get it cleaned up and tested enough to be ready for an upload.

Quick question, sorry if it's already been asked, is this compatible with a multiple followers mod? The third option (to share the victim) doesn't work for me and it just shows me the victim's inventory.

After you do that, you then need to go talk to the follower you want to share them with.

Keep in mind, if your follower rejects the offer, it is because their morality is too high, so if you REALLY want to get crazy with that particular follower, you have to adjust the MCM Morality Setting higher.

/me delurks

Nice mod. Quick question/request if I may?

Did the conversational submit option go away as a result of the stealth shout mechanism? The changelog seemed to say as much, but I wasn't sure.

If so, can I put the case for keeping it in? If only because it gives me a way to abuse slaves captured using Paradise Halls.

I know there's a sex addon for PAH, but it doesn't work with the latest version and I didn't much get on with it before that.