Old SexLab Submit - (Merge into the current Submit thread?)

With the new version, whatever dialogue that i choose, i'm instantly teleported to bathing beauties luxury suite.

I am having teleporting problems but not with this mod, it started with the other mod 1.1 from sexlab defeat.

Are you using sexlab defeat 1.1 if so try disabling it and try submit again, and see if teleporting still happens.

With the new version, whatever dialogue that i choose, i'm instantly teleported to bathing beauties luxury suite.

I am having teleporting problems but not with this mod, it started with the other mod 1.1 from sexlab defeat.

Are you using sexlab defeat 1.1 if so try disabling it and try submit again, and see if teleporting still happens.

This is true.  SexLab Defeat teleports the player a short distance BEHIND the target.  I teleport the target a short distance in FRONT of the player.  (I chose to move the target instead of the player because I noticed that the SexLab Framework likes to move the player to the target, which can often wind up with the player being inside a wall and such if the target was near a wall or something.  By moving the target to the player, I was trying to allow the player to try to maneuver to a slightly better location before beginning the animations.)

It effectively achieves the same thing, but who gets moved is different, so I don't believe my mod could be responsible for moving the player.  And since I don't run SexLab Defeat personally (I took a glance at how it mechanically did things out of academic curiousity, which is why I know it moves the player.  It's also how I noticed the clever use of the "ActivateFloorLevel" animation as a 'victim stripping' animation!  Props to Goubo for that!  I love repurposing ordinarily mundane things for new things, just like all of the voice overs I managed to use for all victim responses.  :)) I can't say if one conflicts with the other.

Technically, it SHOULDN'T, but then, technically, Skyrim shouldn't remember script artifacts from uninstalled mods so you can make a proper clean save, but it does. :(

Now if the NPC wound up getting moved somewhere crazy, then yeah, that might be me.

The bug happened on my system when i first played 1.0 and switched to 1.1 normally when you use the rape option in sexlab defeat the player will move to the npc and then bends down. to somehow grab the npc. then suddenly i am teleported to the last place i first traveled to through a door. but if you wait it should teleport you back to where the sex act is initiated. but this sometimes could also cause a crash.

sexlab defeat 1.0 is fine it is only happening with version 1.1 on my system.

Well, the move call SexLab Defeat used looked like a fairly standard command.  I don't have his in front of me, but http://www.creationkit.com/Complete_Example_Scripts gives an example script with a MoveTo, which is basically what he used:

arPortal.MoveTo(akSummoner, Math.Sin(akSummoner.GetAngleZ()) * afDistance, Math.Cos(akSummoner.GetAngleZ()) * afDistance, afZOffset)

Obviously, the variables he used are different, just as mine are different, I just know that he moves the player behind the target by using a -30 afDistance, and I move the target in front of the player by using a +60 afDistance.  Beyond that, I can't speak to any bug Defeat may or may not have, as I don't use it personally.

In that case this could be added to vanilla game bug that hasn't been fixed. from what i remember someone i remembered mentioned that moveto command seem to be bugged. Not sure if it was ever fixed.

I will have to dig it out but i will find it for you.

Lot's of weird shit could happen when using moveto command now i remember:

it was modder named GiskardUK who mentioned it on his blog:

http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=885:the-skyrim-1-8-moveto-bug&catid=7:guild-news&Itemid=101

In that case this could be added to vanilla game bug that hasn't been fixed. from what i remember someone i remembered mentioned that moveto command seem to be bugged. Not sure if it was ever fixed.

I will have to dig it out but i will find it for you.

Skyrim?  Bugs?!

SLANDER!!! :angry:

...wait, this is written.

LIBEL!!! :@

I can say that I never had an issue moving the NPC to me during testing the last few nights.  http://www.creationkit.com/MoveTo_-_ObjectReference Doesn't list any bugs other than an "eyes get stuck with a bed" bug, but that doesn't mean there aren't other wonky things out there. :P

I think this bug was introduced by the latest patch 1.9.0.32 in 1.8 moveto command seem to have worked fine just like facial expression maybe they broke many more things only now we are finding this out. :D

Huh, well, then I'll guess we'll just have to keep an eye on it.

I only use it to try to line the player/NPC up a bit, as the NPC's have a habit of wanting to "wander off" a bit during dialog, so then your animation would be several feet apart from their animation.

I am curious to hear back from the earlier posters if there is a potential conflict from Defeat and mine.  I don't touch anything related to the player getting raped/robbed, because that has no interest to me, so I know I don't conflict there, but both of our mods have the player as the aggressor aspect, and while we both handle it completely differently for the most part, that is where potential conflict could occur.

The teleporting happened to me too with the newest version (I dont have sexlab defeat installed), I went to valtheim towers and the lady bandit in front approaches me to collect toll as normal. I refuse and go with the Submit intimidate option. It succeeds and my character does the activate_lever move

and then Im teleported back to the entrance of Whiterun, my game is saved and then Im teleported back to valtheim towers to have sex with the bandit and the scene starts but she is still wearing all her clothes (Im naked).

Im going back to the version before that :)

Oh and an update on my issue with having to reset the hotkey every time I load.

If I start my game through NMM I have to reset the hotkey, if I start it through Mod Organiser I dont have to reset it but that brings other issues (such as my armor in SkyRe being very poor). I have the exact same load order, I wonder whats going on.

EDIT:

A suggestion, when you take an npc's items from them, is it possible that they could equip whatever clothes you leave on them ? Its weird that the npcs I only strip of weapons run around naked.

For some reason i have to constantly reassign hotkey for the shout to work. I assign it to H on install, then the next load it would not work, i would have to reassign it for it to work.

Did you save, and then load that save game from that point on, or did you keep loading the initial save game when you first installed the mod?

It shouldn't reset if you saved after installing the mod going forward with that save, and it will reset every time you load an prior save.  This is a known issue and is on the main page as one of the main things left I really want fix before I more or less say I have completed the original scope of the mod.

The teleporting happened to me too with the newest version (I dont have sexlab defeat installed), I went to valtheim towers and the lady bandit in front approaches me to collect toll as normal. I refuse and go with the Submit intimidate option. It succeeds and my character does the activate_lever move

and then Im teleported back to the entrance of Whiterun, my game is saved and then Im teleported back to valtheim towers to have sex with the bandit and the scene starts but she is still wearing all her clothes (Im naked).

Im going back to the version before that :)

Oh and an update on my issue with having to reset the hotkey every time I load.

If I start my game through NMM I have to reset the hotkey, if I start it through Mod Organiser I dont have to reset it but that brings other issues (such as my armor in SkyRe being very poor). I have the exact same load order, I wonder whats going on.

EDIT:

A suggestion, when you take an npc's items from them, is it possible that they could equip whatever clothes you leave on them ? Its weird that the npcs I only strip of weapons run around naked.

Yeah, I have no clue about the teleporting.  I am not doing a moveto on the player, but on the NPC.  And I have experienced NONE of that when I play.  The only major issue is that it seems that even if I sneak up on a hostile NPC, such as a bandit, the sneak seems to call their friends no matter what, so I am investigating why that is and possible solutions.

As to the stripping the NPC, if there is a "reequip" command or something, I sure, I suppose.  I have to strip them nekkid for all of their loot to be available in the window, but, yeah, if there's a command for it, then re-equipping whatever is left would be logical.

For all of those with the weird teleporting issue, did anyone try to load an older save game from before using my mod, or just starting a new game?  This sounds like some kind of "corrupt scripting" artifact that Skyrim is notorious for, and I can't duplicate it on my end, so I have no idea how to resolve it.

This is the source for the "Surrender" function I made, which is the *ONLY* function I use that has a MoveTo command:

Function Surrender(Actor Victim, Actor Player)
	Game.DisablePlayerControls()
	Debug.SendAnimationEvent(Victim, "IdleSurrender")
	If Player.IsWeaponDrawn()		
		Player.SheatheWeapon()	
	EndIf
	Utility.wait(2.0)
	;float zOffset = Victim.GetHeadingAngle(Player)
	;Victim.MoveTo(Player, 60.0 * Math.Sin(Player.GetAngleZ()), 60.0 * Math.Cos(Player.GetAngleZ()))
	;Victim.SetAngle(Victim.GetAngleX(), Victim.GetAngleY(), Victim.GetAngleZ() + zOffset)
	Debug.SendAnimationEvent(Victim, "IdleKneelingEnter")
	Utility.wait(1.0)
	Debug.SendAnimationEvent(Player, "IdleLeverFloorPull")	
       Utility.wait(3.5)
	Debug.SendAnimationEvent(Victim, "IdleForceDefaultState")
	Game.EnablePlayerControls()
EndFunction

As you can see, I move the victim to the player, not the player to the victim.  I don't move the player at all.  (Sexlab Defeat moves the player).  So by default, inherent Skyrim bugs and corrupt saves with script remnants stuck in them aside, MY mod should not be responsible for moving the player.

Now to test that, as you can see, I fully commented out the lines that deal with moving the victim, so now NO ONE should be moved when this function is called.  So if you were experiencing this weird teleporting bug when trying to use the latest update, do me a favor and download this temporary test version of that update with the MoveTo command fully disabled and tell me if it still happens.

SexLab Submit 29JUN13 0903 TEST.7z

Disabled sexlab defeat and it still teleports me.

Back to previous version.

skyrim is not oblivion. you can't expect the game to work honky dorry just because you disabled a plug-in, scripts will still be running even more so with skyrim.

check your papyrus logs for any left over script error. if there are error's open console and use command ClearInvalidRegistrations 1

Or start a new game and see if the teleporting are still occurring.

Disabled sexlab defeat and it still teleports me.

Back to previous version.

skyrim is not oblivion. you can't expect the game to work honky dorry just because you disabled a plug-in, scripts will still be running even more so with skyrim.

check your papyrus logs for any left over script error. if there are error's open console and use command ClearInvalidRegistrations 1

Or start a new game and see if the teleporting are still occurring.

But I didnt even have sexlab defeat installed at all for my character and I also got the teleport bug. I would be surprised if thats the bug at all.

Alright I tried your very last version from today.

The first I tried the poor toll lady at valtheim towers it did that crappy teleport thingie again or maybe it reloads the latest auto save, I cant quite figure it out because I get a loading screen then my screen shows me outside the gate of whiterun, then it loads again and Im back at valtheim towers and then the scene starts properly, very odd.

Then I reloaded the save I made right before talking to the toll lady and this time it works perfectly, and it kept working...

Odd

The first I tried the poor toll lady at valtheim towers it did that crappy teleport thingie again or maybe it reloads the latest auto save, I cant quite figure it out because I get a loading screen then my screen shows me outside the gate of whiterun, then it loads again and Im back at valtheim towers and then the scene starts properly, very odd.

Then I reloaded the save I made right before talking to the toll lady and this time it works perfectly, and it kept working...

Odd

I have been having this issuse too. i may try what you have done where you save it just before talking to her and have you tryed to get your follower to do anything with them ?

Odd

And that would tend to support what I have been saying.  Either:

1) The teleport isn't mine, or more likely,

2) The teleport things is some kind of wonky ghost of a script that Skyrim is rather infamous for because you can't properly do a clean save like you could in Oblivion.  (Someone should really be slapped for that if that was an intentional decision on Beth's part)

Because as the source snippet I put up showed, I commented out the MoveTo command.  There is NO teleporting happening at that point in my mod.  If it is still teleporting, then that is something borked up in that save game file, and there is nothing I can do about that.

And to confound all of the problems, I have never had my player get teleported like people have said, so if I can't even replicate what people are saying, I don't have a hope of trying to track down the root cause. :s

Odd

And that would tend to support what I have been saying.  Either:

1) The teleport isn't mine, or more likely,

2) The teleport things is some kind of wonky ghost of a script that Skyrim is rather infamous for because you can't properly do a clean save like you could in Oblivion.  (Someone should really be slapped for that if that was an intentional decision on Beth's part)

Because as the source snippet I put up showed, I commented out the MoveTo command.  There is NO teleporting happening at that point in my mod.  If it is still teleporting, then that is something borked up in that save game file, and there is nothing I can do about that.

And to confound all of the problems, I have never had my player get teleported like people have said, so if I can't even replicate what people are saying, I don't have a hope of trying to track down the root cause. :s

Well Sexlab itself does moveto doesnt it, isnt that how it makes the actors meet each other ?

I seem to have run into a slight incompatibility between Sexlab Submit and Sexlab Romance. I start a new game frequently while I am still trying to find my perfect Skyrim :D So I noticed that if you start a game with both Romance and Submit installed, You can't get the quest starting dialogs from Amren or Ysolda in Whiterun. All of their other dialog is fine, and I haven't found anyone else it effects so far. Just getting Amren's quest for his fathers sword, and Ysolda's quest for the mammoth tusk. Uninstalling only submit or romance does nothing, uninstalling both fixes the problem. Only having either Submit or Romance installed when you go to get those quests is fine as well. It is only when both are installed that you can't get them.

I seem to have run into a slight incompatibility between Sexlab Submit and Sexlab Romance. I start a new game frequently while I am still trying to find my perfect Skyrim :D So I noticed that if you start a game with both Romance and Submit installed, You can't get the quest starting dialogs from Amren or Ysolda in Whiterun. All of their other dialog is fine, and I haven't found anyone else it effects so far. Just getting Amren's quest for his fathers sword, and Ysolda's quest for the mammoth tusk. Uninstalling only submit or romance does nothing, uninstalling both fixes the problem. Only having either Submit or Romance installed when you go to get those quests is fine as well. It is only when both are installed that you can't get them.

I have both installed and I can get these quests just fine.

The MoveTo command being apparently so unreliable and prone to cause issues with certain save games, whether as a result of the 1.9.0.32 Skyrim patch or something else entirely, is really unfortunate, because it works perfectly fine for me.

However, since it's use was purely cosmetic, it might just be easier to do away with some of the more recent stuff. :(

As to Submit + Romance, neither mod should have any bearing on being able to accept quests, as the only two SexLab mods I run is Romance and my own.  There was a point in time when I used Blocking text, but that hasn't been the case for many, many updates now.