SexLab MatchMaker - Updated 09/17/2014

Time to follow the instructions then and create a Papyrus log of your character casting the self spell. Zip and upload the log file and we can examine the log to see why the spell fizzles. Of course you may just read the log yourself and if the reason makes sense, fix it yourself.

(Instructions copied here so you don't have to hunt them down)

Instructions for enabling logging in Skyrim

Find Skyrim.ini in your "My Documents" folder. Open it up in Notepad or your preferred text editor. Then make the following changes and save it. You'll find the logs inside the "My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\" folder the next time you run the game. The most recent log will always be named "Papyrus.0.log"

[Papyrus]

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

To disable logging again just change the "=1" to "=0" for the three values marked "=" above.

• 2 weeks later...

is there a current forum i can ask about the matchmaker problems

or can I ask away here?

i have my fnis downloaded just fine (no errors)

but the males npc won't have sex with my main character

i tested this more by changing the sex of dragonborn and he can have sex with females,

and female to female works fine as well (when i switch him back of course)

i would post more details if this is the right place to post

(don't wanna waste anyone's time here)

another thing- i think it's a problem with my animation, as i've tried it with SL romance and the same results

habe auch das schon versucht: Open the console, type "help release" (without the quotation marks). You'll see a list of entries, including one that says "SPEL sexual release" or something similar, followed by an ID number. Type "player.removespell <ID number>", and the buff is gone.

und hatte den buff nicht und  es kamm wieder Your spell fizzles and fails to affect

This generally works well (new version) and it's a great mod, BUT my female character who is a Nord acquired a distinctly deeply African look from neck upwards after a girl-on-girl session. I would not have minded if she had changed her race completely, but her body remained very pale Nord while her face and neck turned very black. How and why would this occur? Is it something simple I can fix?  I had to abandon the game at that point (more because I was laughing so much).  Thanks!

This mod doesn't change anything about the characters textures.

You have the 'dark face' bug which is caused by something else.

Thanks for your help. I have never heard of this bug, but I am also glad to say the bug has not reappeared!  I'll look it up in case it happens again. I've heard of STDs, but this one took the biscuit.

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but for some unknown reason, the spell "fizzles" when I try using it with pairs on one of my characters, but works perfectly fine on my other character.  Is there something I'm overlooking here?  I've made sure the framework settings are the same on both, so I don't know what's up.

Is there any other mod similar to this that simply gives you spells to begin Sexlab animations? I'm not liking matchmaker very much. It hardly ever starts the animations correctly and is just giving me problems. Suggestions for similar mods would be awesome. Thanks

Matchmaker is as simple as it gets, that's essentially the entire point of it.

If it's failing to start animations for you the problem isn't with matchmaker, it's with your Skyrim and SexLab installs as a whole.

Follow the troubuleshooting guide at http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22241-sexlab-support-troubleshooting-guide-read-me-first/?p=549438

Is there any other mod similar to this that simply gives you spells to begin Sexlab animations? I'm not liking matchmaker very much. It hardly ever starts the animations correctly and is just giving me problems. Suggestions for similar mods would be awesome. Thanks

Matchmaker is as simple as it gets, that's essentially the entire point of it.

If it's failing to start animations for you the problem isn't with matchmaker, it's with your Skyrim and SexLab installs as a whole.

Follow the troubuleshooting guide at http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22241-sexlab-support-troubleshooting-guide-read-me-first/?p=549438

Ah. I know there are some mods that trigger the animations in a different way, but I wanted to stick with spells. Oh well. Well I'm not so sure, all the installations for mods have been done exactly as instructed and multiple times to ensure that its a clean install. I'm pretty sure I'm not using any mods that could be conflicting either. I get the spells but they only trigger the dialogue. Under certain circumstances the spells will actually trigger the animations which I don't get. I cannot use them on most of all npcs or at anytime or else I just get an npc that just stands there and does nothing. More than anything its like a huge delay that makes it so nothing happens after the spells are activated. It could just very well be something simple on my end but I don't really feel like uninstalling everything and go through checking every mod I have so for now I think ill just test out some other of the SL compatible mods and see how they work. Thank you for your input though Ashal.

whenever i try to use the self Spell it fizzles out on my character and nothing happens. it worked before but now it just dosent work at all. the Target spell works but the self fizzles out

Having the same problem, it worked before in another version.

whenever i try to use the self Spell it fizzles out on my character and nothing happens. it worked before but now it just dosent work at all. the Target spell works but the self fizzles out

Having the same problem, it worked before in another version.

I think Rev 5 from what I've seen from other people did not have these issues. If anyone still has that version please do post it up. Id like to give that one a try and its not up for download on the main download page. 

I agree it would be nicer to be able to set how long animations last.

The 1st one last a bit long for me and the 2nd one only last like 5 seconds.

For some reason after I use it on self, I lose ability to attack with my character or to do anything at all. I can talk to people, but no other functions work attack related. I can reload my save to get it to work again though.

I will try, "enableplayercontrols" to see if that works for me.