Has anyone else had this issue with traits?

For the last couple of years (this has been happening in my game for quite a while now) I've noticed something weird with traits in my game.

It's like, the effects of certain traits are getting added to my Sims and even unplayed ones. For example, one issue I see frequently is Sims talking to themselves as an Erratic Sim would. Some of the Sims in my own played households are doing this. I know they don't have the trait, and when I switch over to them, they still don't. But the weird thing is they will have the interactions clicking on them. Like Talk to Self and stuff like that. Just yesterday, one of my Sims I've been playing forever suddenly started getting the Admire New Possession interaction even though he doesn't have Materialistic. He also had the Always Welcome reward trait and I know I didn't buy it for him.

This whole thing is so weird. I've tried to isolate if it's a mod issue, but I don't think it is. I've gone through and updated every single one or removed ones with no updated equivalent, yet this issue still persists. Is this an EA issue or something? It's about to drive me crazy.

Edit: Just realized I posted this in the WW section. Sorry about that, still a bit mentally drained atm. If it could be moved, that'd be great.

Edited by AuspiciousDefiance
4 hours ago, AuspiciousDefiance said:

This whole thing is so weird. I've tried to isolate if it's a mod issue, but I don't think it is. I've gone through and updated every single one or removed ones with no updated equivalent, yet this issue still persists. Is this an EA issue or something? It's about to drive me crazy.

It's most likely a broken mod or a conflict with another one.

CC Traits or other Mods that add traits could be affecting other EA traits.

I'd remove ALL mods and test vanilla game on a new save game.

I know it sucks without mods but you need to determine if the game itself runs OK first.

If I had to start with my must have mods only they would be WW + Animations & MCCC as they are not likely the problem.

Finding the bad mod without any errors is the worst kind especially when it take longer for them to act up.

It could take hours or days even.

You have to add a few mods back into game and test for some time to see if they happen again.

But Custom Traits and Careers are the most suspicious.

I'd also do a Game Repair. 

2 hours ago, Scorpio said:

It's most likely a broken mod or a conflict with another one.

CC Traits or other Mods that add traits could be affecting other EA traits.

I'd remove ALL mods and test vanilla game on a new save game.

I know it sucks without mods but you need to determine if the game itself runs OK first.

If I had to start with my must have mods only they would be WW + Animations & MCCC as they are not likely the problem.

Finding the bad mod without any errors is the worst kind especially when it take longer for them to act up.

It could take hours or days even.

You have to add a few mods back into game and test for some time to see if they happen again.

But Custom Traits and Careers are the most suspicious.

I'd also do a Game Repair. 

I'll try and check for both as well as the game repair. I wouldn't think it would be the custom traits. I only use a few of Kuttoe's custom trait packs as well as the traits added by WW and Basemental Drugs, but I'll do another sweep to be safe.

I'll check my other gameplay mods as well. I'm pretty good about updating, especially from ones like LittleMsSam, Bienchen, etc. But it's possible something's slipped under my radar. Thanks for the assist. :)

Edited by AuspiciousDefiance
1 hour ago, AuspiciousDefiance said:

I'll try and check for both as well as the game repair. I wouldn't think it would be the custom traits. I only use a few of Kuttoe's custom trait packs

You can also check here to see if you find something you might have missed.

But they don't allow any adult mods or drug mods comments it's all SFW mods.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/991971/broken-updated-mods-cc-july-21-cottage-living-patch/