View File

About damn time someone released a mod that makes urinating a need.

4.0Alpha install instructions:
Uninstall all previous versions, and then install 4.0. Since 4.0 is a complete rewrite, a clean save is not absolutely required.
Note for 3.0 users:
Due to the problems with 3.0. Please upgrade to 4.0alpha.
Note for 3.0Alpha6:
If you've been having any problems with the Private Needs MCM menu showing up, you should do a clean save then update to 3.0Alpha6.

Only use the water patch if you don't have any other mods that change the water such as Pure Waters or Realistic Waters Two
If hotkeys aren't working:
Type in the console "stopquest pnhotkeyquest" followed by "startquest pnhotkeyquest".

If the MCM menu disappears:
Type in the console "stopquest PrivateNeedsMCMconfigQuest" followed by "startquest PrivateNeedsMCMconfigQuest".
Installation:
Make sure you have the requirements
Install through NMM or manually unpack the contents in to you Skyrim/data folder
Activate the esp
Run the Fnis patcher
Upon loading with the mod installed you should see a new option in the MCM menu called "Private Needs"
Under Private Needs go to "General" and click activate.
Adjust other settings in the MCM menu if you wish to do so.

Features:
The Dovakiin has a bladder now and needs to urinate once in a while.
Fully animated with animations from ZAZ's Animation pack
Negative effects are applied when bladder gets too full.
Player undresses armor or clothing when urinating.
MCM integration with adjustable options
Wetting yourself in combat
Privacy
Outhouses from Strotis Outdoor Toilet Resource
Number 2
Realistic Needs and Diseases integration

Requirements:
ZAZ Animation Pack and everything that requires
SKSE
SkyUI
Strotis Outdoor Toilet Resource

Upgrading from 2.11 to 3.0Alpha
Make sure you uninstall 2.11 completely including all it's addons, Sexlab and RND or anything else.
Run TES5Edit or Wyre Bash if you want to make sure that there are no missing masters
Load your game and make a save without Private Needs 2.11
Exit the game and install 3.0Alpha following the install instructions

Upgrading from 3.0Alpha afterwards will not require making clean saves.

Credits:
ZAZ for his awesome animations
Fore for fnis which is required for ZAZ's animations to work
perseid9 for Realistic Needs and Diseases. I modified some scripts from RND and use RND as a model to build this
LL for the awesome community
Bethesda for Skyrim
WaxenFigure for help with Privacy Feature
Stroti for the outhouse models
jonx0r for his manure mod
German Translation by CGi
Canderes for the bathing animations
Pamfolette for the smaller poop mesh and proper poop dropping scheme
Maxinuz for Northern Bathhouses
AwfulArchdemon for Private Needs BM

Uninstall for update:
Be sure to delete the script files and make a clean save before updating

If animations aren't playing try:

Try typing in the console "player.playidle zazapcao101" without the quotes and see if the animation plays. If the animation doesn't play then ZAZ's animation pack might have been installed incorrectly. If it does play then try reinstalling my mod.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this might ctd if used with PCEA

BTW anyone who wants to edit, improve or add to this mod are very welcome to do so. Just remember to post a copy of it in the thread.

Finally, I thought nobody was interested in this, looks like I was wrong:) Installed and played for a while, here are my thoughts:

The animation plays nicely when triggered, don't know how hard is it to do but it should form a small "puddle" on the ground after urinating.

Implementing a control to the animation length would be very realistic, currently the urinating animation lasts the same no matter how "urgent" it is.

Adding facial expressions could be another nice touch to the whole thing, like you'll feel embarrassed when the urgency level rises, it should not be a problem to do as the zaz animation pack already includes the expressions.

About undressing options, now it takes off only the main body slot and doesn't put it back on when you are finished, hope you will correct it in the next updates.

Overall it's very nice for the first release, will definitely keep tracking of this! Thank you!! 

As you get more involved in this, I hope you'll consider tying it into things like the various 'realistic needs' mods.

After all, my character already eats and sleeps and gets sick. It makes sense that they'd have to take a leak every now and then, too. Especially in relation to how much my dunmer prostitute drinks. She's like a fish.

Still, the fact that this exists at all is promising. I'm glad to see someone take up the mantle and getting it done.

Keep up the good work!

New file uploaded. Just a quick update redid some scripts and added a maximum threshold in which the player is forced to urinate. Also tweaked the values so it resembles reality a bit more. i.e. you're required to relieve yourself own every few game hours to avoid negative affects. 9 hours to get to the max threshold.

Finally, I thought nobody was interested in this, looks like I was wrong:) Installed and played for a while, here are my thoughts:

The animation plays nicely when triggered, don't know how hard is it to do but it should form a small "puddle" on the ground after urinating.

Implementing a control to the animation length would be very realistic, currently the urinating animation lasts the same no matter how "urgent" it is.

Adding facial expressions could be another nice touch to the whole thing, like you'll feel embarrassed when the urgency level rises, it should not be a problem to do as the zaz animation pack already includes the expressions.

About undressing options, now it takes off only the main body slot and doesn't put it back on when you are finished, hope you will correct it in the next updates.

Overall it's very nice for the first release, will definitely keep tracking of this! Thank you!! 

I'll think about doing a puddle, but as of now that is a bit out of my skill level.

Animation length control will come when I integrate this with MCM.

I believe facial expressions are currently broken by the 1.9 patch.

Redressing will integrated very soon.

As you get more involved in this, I hope you'll consider tying it into things like the various 'realistic needs' mods.

After all, my character already eats and sleeps and gets sick. It makes sense that they'd have to take a leak every now and then, too. Especially in relation to how much my dunmer prostitute drinks. She's like a fish.

Still, the fact that this exists at all is promising. I'm glad to see someone take up the mantle and getting it done.

Keep up the good work!

Tying into other realistic mods is part of the plan, but a bit down the road.

Will update the future plans section in the op.

Thanks for the response, about the facial expressions, I've no idea how the author does it, but in prison overhaul apparently you get different expressions when you are gagged and locked by pillory, and yes, it works with the latest 1.9 patch.

For the pee puddle you could use a blood pool mesh with an edited blood texture, alpha turned on in the mesh to make it a little transparent.

edit: You could even check to see if they have a disease and reflect that in their pee with different textures. Like kidney disease and others that you can get bloody urine or hepatitis that makes peoples pee extremely yellow IRL.

For the pee puddle you could use a blood pool mesh with an edited blood texture, alpha turned on in the mesh to make it a little transparent.

edit: You could even check to see if they have a disease and reflect that in their pee with different textures. Like kidney disease and others that you can get bloody urine or hepatitis that makes peoples pee extremely yellow IRL.

Good idea. Doesn't sound extremely hard.Maybe I'll give it a go tomorrow then.

Future thought.

When the char is pregnant, it should decrease bladder size.

If someone makes a complete and hopefully redundant pregnancy mod. Fingers Crossed.

A very interesting mod, some ideas:

- When you implement in MCM, give the possibility to undress only slots that are used for panties. Combined with "remodeled armor" and separate panty should be perfect.

- Implement the need to drink to survive and related to the need to urinate.

Suggestion for the future, the way future...

The ability to tag an object in the CK with scripting that would allow the PC/NPC to use the object to pee. An example would be if I made a chair with a hole in it and a bucket under. Loaded that mesh up into the CK and then injected it into the model. In game the PC/NPC would trigger the right animation when 'using' the chair.

Come to think of it having a mod like this that can hook into the other toolkits being worked on here at LL, might not be a bad thing.

Of course all of that is way down the road, but it's always good to think ahead.

My other suggestion is if you were going to build up an need mod, maybe add in cleanliness. Oh! while scat may not be everyones thing, having that would add realism. 

Smart mod, but i have some problem with it...

Animation is not played within 1st-person view, and bladder is reset by swaping view point.

Is there anyone who has problem same as me?

If memory serves me right, you would need a second animation for first person that's why you don't see animations in first person with custom animations. (eg see SexLab)

If you are using the Joy of Prospective, then this is another story.

Smart mod, but i have some problem with it...

Animation is not played within 1st-person view, and bladder is reset by swaping view point.

Is there anyone who has problem same as me?

If memory serves me right, you would need a second animation for first person that's why you don't see animations in first person with custom animations. (eg see SexLab)

If you are using the Joy of Prospective, then this is another story.

I also know about SexLab, but it changes my view point automatically to play animation properly.

But this case of urinating mod, there's no view change for palying animation and bladder is reset after swaping view point...

Ps. thank you for recommand 'Joy of Prospective' ;)

Unlike most of the other needs this one would seem to be save to affect all NPCs as well...
I do not quite like the idea of gaining yet another unique ability for my character, even if it is of such a mundane kind.

In principle an excellent endeavour, though. First person life simulations are dead and every bit that brings them back a little further has my endorsement.