Voice Packs Now Available (SE & LE) - a list for your convenience

On 10/23/2021 at 6:50 AM, Seeker999 said:

SLSF-C Patch: voice pack delta by @Dozen9292. New dialog added by SLSF Comments v. 3.01. Requires SLSF Fame Comments voice pack by @DoubleCheeseburger  for complete voice files

The patch name itself has 2.1 on it - is this intended for 2.1, ie, incomplete coverage of 3.0.1, or does this fill out the new dialogue added by 3.0.1? Additionally, the download continues to fail for me whenever I try to get it. Is it possible to supply a mega link?

Edited by applesandmayo
4 hours ago, applesandmayo said:

The patch name itself has 2.1 on it - is this intended for 2.1, ie, incomplete coverage of 3.0.1, or does this fill out the new dialogue added by 3.0.1? Additionally, the download continues to fail for me whenever I try to get it. Is it possible to supply a mega link?

For complete SLSF-C coverage, you need the original voice pack plus this addition.

I also had trouble downloading this link using the Firefox browser. Switching to Edge worked for me.

11 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

For complete SLSF-C coverage, you need the original voice pack plus this addition.

I also had trouble downloading this link using the Firefox browser. Switching to Edge worked for me.

Just so I know, what is SLSF-C? I'm not sure what the 'C' is. So having this voice pack does cover the remainder new voice files for SLSF 3? Also you were right, Edge worked for the download.

Edited by applesandmayo
21 hours ago, applesandmayo said:

Just so I know, what is SLSF-C? I'm not sure what the 'C' is. So having this voice pack does cover the remainder new voice files for SLSF 3? Also you were right, Edge worked for the download.

Sex Lab Sexual Fame Comments. Yes, the voice pack is for the new voice files only. You will also need the original voice pack.

Heyho,

as the new xVA Synth v2 has the new feature of ARPAbet onboard, I thought: why not make use of it?

What is ARPAbet?

ARPAbet is a phonetic transcription code, meaning you have codes of two or three symbols that show the pronounciation of a word.

xVAsynth now is able to replace a badly spoken word with it's ARPAbet code, and thus get the word pronounced correctly!

How to help?

I've created a Google Form, where everybody may add words he came across, playing with adult mods, that are pronounced badly.

If you're interested, which words already got added, here's the table with the answers.

"Rules"

Please, only add words that are pronounced wrong or bad.

Do not add words that are used everyday (eg: "though" already is included in the ARPAbet dictionary!)

Only add words, that are specific to this community. DanRuta (the author of xVA Synth) already has built a website for "normal" Skyrim specific words.

I already added two words as examples, you can find them in the table.

It would be awesome if we could find as many words as possible, so the synthed voices can get even better!

What will be the result?

The result will be a list of words, best with their transpositions, which I could add to a ARPAbet dictionary for xVA Synth. That file then will be uploaded and updated (more or less regularly), so everybody who wants to create synthed voices for a mod can download it and doesn't need to worry about badly pronounced nasty words anymore!

3 hours ago, CastleFluster said:

Sorry if this is a bit of a noob question, but how do I use these packs? I'm trying the DD voice pack (with DD of course), but I don't seem to know how to trigger the voices. Thanks!

The packs just add sound to the lines of the mod. So where you normally only had subtitles you should be able to hear the line with the pack.

17 hours ago, CastleFluster said:

Sorry if this is a bit of a noob question, but how do I use these packs? I'm trying the DD voice pack (with DD of course), but I don't seem to know how to trigger the voices. Thanks!

14 hours ago, Mister X said:

The packs just add sound to the lines of the mod. So where you normally only had subtitles you should be able to hear the line with the pack.

Mister X is correct. However, if an npc doesn't have a voice type assigned in the original mod then you won't get a voice, you'll get the usual subtitle.  Try different npc's.

Umm, you don't say if you're on SE or LE. If you're on LE you need to unpack the bsa (See second post in this thread).

If you are still having problems or questions, you might want to contact the voice pack author directly. Let them know for what line of dialog you're seeing subtitles instead of hearing voices and who the npc is.

Just a head's up.  I have found that it is worthwhile to repack all voice files into archives.  I use Mod Organizer 2, but from the reading I have done, for this, it wouldn't matter what Mod manager you use.  What I have found is that the initial game loading is significantly longer the more voice files you add loose.  It was taking 10 minutes to initially load the game with loose voice files and it would load normally if they are archived.  My normal game would initially take a minute or two to load before I downloaded all the voice packs.  10 minutes with loose voice packs and only 1-2 minutes once I archived them. 

There is a great resource here on update-bsas-and-you why you should use archives over loose files.  If you don't want to read the conversation, the crux of it was that archived files actually load faster and easier then unarchived files.

OK so as to avoid extra load times its better to use bsa over loose.  So for those that are only made into loose files like SLSF comments, how do I make them into a bsa? Sorry for the noob question, never really messed with bsa before. 

Edited by Dg75
40 minutes ago, Dg75 said:

OK so as to avoid extra load times its better to use bsa over loose.  So for those that are only made into loose files like SLSF comments, how do I make them into a bsa? Sorry for the noob question, never really messed with bsa before. 

Cathedral Assets Optimizer lets you do it pretty easily. You just put the loose files into a folder somewhere, direct CAO to it, select the BSA option, and run. Then it replaces all the files for an .esp and .bsa  

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 12:04 AM, FauxFurry said:

It is tough to know just how to classify this next mod as it is not a voice pack. It is more of a real time in-game voice generation tool.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/58468?tab=files

FYI, I created an ADDENDUM in the 2nd post for voice related mods/files. I will add to it on a case by case basis. Thanks for the information on this mod. I wasn't sure if I wanted to add it to the main list, but finally decided on the ADDENDUM. ?

I just want to thank all ppl involved in this project. I finally got around converting all the voice packs as BSA for LE, renaming them to match the ESPs and I am just so totally stunned how alive skyrim suddenly is without me requiring to give up even one ESP slot for it! 

Its virtually a different game and many mods that I neglected before are now becoming attractive again. So really, thank you s much and keep up the good work!

Edited by Nymra
7 hours ago, Nymra said:

I am just so totally stunned how alive skyrim suddenly is without me requiring to give up even one ESP slot for it! 

Its virtually a different game and many mods that I neglected before are now becoming attractive again.

I completely agree with both of these observations!

More Devious Followers Voices - I have composed another mod with a BSA that contains all the additional voices generated by finalfrog but not included in the voice pack from Executaball. Please note that this mod does not replace the voice pack from Executaball. Instead, this mod should be used in addition to the voice pack from Executaball.