[mod] [outdated] RJW Sexperience (Ideology update)

1 minute ago, rallyelgen said:

Why is the:

1.2 incompatible

mentioned as a point in the

" What's New in Version Beta 1.0.1.4 "

for, if having the mention of 1.2 support earlier as just a miss?

Is that also a mistake?

1.2 incompatible means 1.2 is not compatible.

Don't bother me with this anymore.

48 minutes ago, motd1233 said:

1.2 incompatible means 1.2 is not compatible.

Don't bother me with this anymore.

I just want this to clear for new users so they do not go looking for this if they want to play on an older version of the game (mod incompatibility for example),

This mod is not compatible for version of Rimworld older then version 1.3 (applies to all versions of the mod).

That's why i was asking about everything i possibly could, so that users that is looking for an older version of the mod, that might be compatible with their game now know that there is not one.

Edited by rallyelgen

(I'm playing the second last version of this mod, if it's relevant)

The negative opinion thoughts for animal sex seem to persist even after both pawns convert to an zoo ideology. Worse yet, they're stacking. So this creates the contradictory situation where one pawn absolutely despises another for bestial acts (-100 relations) despite both adhering to a zoo ideology.

I noticed in the code the timeout on these thoughts is 15 days, but since people tend to have sex at least once or twice a day, shouldn't it be something much faster like 48 or 72 hours? It should keep opponents of it locked at very bad just as before, but won't have the same persisting negative effect on new converts. I imagine a similar issue might pop up for types of sexual deviants, so might want to adjust their durations accordingly

Would be interesting to have a cult like Ideology religious position where there's free love only on the appointed priestess, priest, or leader.

Might make the space mormons happy or find some use for shinto priest outfits floating around.

Edited by Bastardo

So I might be a complete idiot here, but I cannot get past the "setup ideology screen" since on the precepts section, the "next" button appears broken? Only seems to happen with this, not sure whats wrong

Mod order is : Harmony, Core, Royalty, Ideology, Hugslib, RJM, and RJMS, the next button works with any other mod setup, but BREAKS with this...Any idea?

10 hours ago, veedanya said:

(I'm playing the second last version of this mod, if it's relevant)

The negative opinion thoughts for animal sex seem to persist even after both pawns convert to an zoo ideology. Worse yet, they're stacking. So this creates the contradictory situation where one pawn absolutely despises another for bestial acts (-100 relations) despite both adhering to a zoo ideology.

I noticed in the code the timeout on these thoughts is 15 days, but since people tend to have sex at least once or twice a day, shouldn't it be something much faster like 48 or 72 hours? It should keep opponents of it locked at very bad just as before, but won't have the same persisting negative effect on new converts. I imagine a similar issue might pop up for types of sexual deviants, so might want to adjust their durations accordingly

I didn't considered converting. Thanks for reminding.

Converting will disable those thoughts.

10 hours ago, Bastardo said:

Would be interesting to have a cult like Ideology religious position where there's free love only on the appointed priestess, priest, or leader.

Might make the space mormons happy or find some use for shinto priest outfits floating around.

I'm not sure about that.

8 hours ago, sayhwat said:

So I might be a complete idiot here, but I cannot get past the "setup ideology screen" since on the precepts section, the "next" button appears broken? Only seems to happen with this, not sure whats wrong

Mod order is : Harmony, Core, Royalty, Ideology, Hugslib, RJM, and RJMS, the next button works with any other mod setup, but BREAKS with this...Any idea?

Suspect version problem, but i'm not sure.

23 minutes ago, NuttySquabble said:

I'm wondering if you have plans to separate Ideology features from the core Sexperience mod. Personally, I'm not very much interested in a sex skill, but I like what you made for Ideology (at least from reading about it, I haven't tried it yet).

I have a plan for that. It won't be completely separated though.

On 7/26/2021 at 3:44 AM, Bastardo said:

As some one who is currently running a space shinto colony.....

Do you mind pointing me in the direction of those outfits please?

2 minutes ago, FoxyNova said:

Relatedly, rape accepted, and rape proud ideologies should probably remove the rebuff.... would work well for cultures where mates are found by whoever is strong enough to take you....

To make the system as flexible as possible one could divide the two. "Rape" could stay as-is, and then there could be a seperate precept for "Rapist (Abbhored/Disliked/accepted/respected)", that would govern how other members of the ideology would respond when it happens to *them*.

If you wanted to make an ideology where the victim respects their aggressor, you could do that (on the highest level it could even make them married so you could make a "you keep what you kill"-kinda culture where a person must first "conquer" their spouse), and if you set the two traits opposite to eachother you could make a culture where they are fine with the rape of outsiders, but still resentful when it happens to them.

I think you got a winner with this mod ?  The new DLC was just begging for something like this to be made, and I was really surprised how quickly you got on it ?

So, I dont know if this is within the scope of your mod, but since your mod does cover Beasties adding all the new fun stuff you have to them, I was hoping you would atleast have the skills to address the matter if you so choose.

As it stands RJW treats beasties completely differently, based on sex of the humanoid pawn.  Animal pawns will ravage female humanoid pawns nearly non stop, and female humanoid pawns will offer themselfs willingingly on a lesser bases (compared to the animal pawn initiating).  But Animal pawns choose to go after male humanoid pawns much less frequently (compared to females), and you can literally play HOURS without a male humanoid pawn going after an animal (With Beasty trait, they will still choose to have quickies and form relationships with other humanoid pawns and completely ignore the animal pawns Unless the animal initiates.)  Its hard coded that way.  I and others have asked about it over the years and we are always told its working as intended.

Since you mentioned you could and were looking into increasing the rate of "rape" (which all beasti is treated as by RJW) Could you also look into the whats controlling the "initiator" and choosing the "victim" in re: beasti "rape" so that its plays the same for male and female pawns, humanoid or animal?

Thanks for your consideration, and Hope I wasnt too forward in making the request.

1 hour ago, Kashked said:

To make the system as flexible as possible one could divide the two. "Rape" could stay as-is, and then there could be a seperate precept for "Rapist (Abbhored/Disliked/accepted/respected)", that would govern how other members of the ideology would respond when it happens to *them*.

If you wanted to make an ideology where the victim respects their aggressor, you could do that (on the highest level it could even make them married so you could make a "you keep what you kill"-kinda culture where a person must first "conquer" their spouse), and if you set the two traits opposite to eachother you could make a culture where they are fine with the rape of outsiders, but still resentful when it happens to them.

I think this is a great way to handle it actualy, I just worry about the workload for the author.

Any idea about why certain pawns might be having a huge negative modifier for their lust stat? I noticed that several of my pawn's sex need never goes down. This is because their sex drive is at 0, and it's at 0 because there is a lust X -79.0 or similar. Even getting several massive multipliers like aphrodisiac drugs and whatever can't overcome it. As far as I can tell I wouldn't suspect there to be something that would make them like this, but then again, I really don't know for sure.

Edit: So I looked into this a little more and as far as I can tell the initial lust value is randomized. This presents a bit of a problem if the number is particularly skewed one way or the other. In my case though it was set to -179, and the value is so low that sex drive is 0 and sex desire never goes down, so the pawn doesn't really seek out any sex. Combine this with a precept of 'free sex' and most things aren't considered that deviant so the lust doesn't really ever go up. Even if it's set to vaginal, it would take around 60 sessions of pure anal (somehow without cheating). Unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure I'm for it.

Edited by hyperk2
Added info
4 hours ago, ahnkra said:

I think you got a winner with this mod ?  The new DLC was just begging for something like this to be made, and I was really surprised how quickly you got on it ?

So, I dont know if this is within the scope of your mod, but since your mod does cover Beasties adding all the new fun stuff you have to them, I was hoping you would atleast have the skills to address the matter if you so choose.

As it stands RJW treats beasties completely differently, based on sex of the humanoid pawn.  Animal pawns will ravage female humanoid pawns nearly non stop, and female humanoid pawns will offer themselfs willingingly on a lesser bases (compared to the animal pawn initiating).  But Animal pawns choose to go after male humanoid pawns much less frequently (compared to females), and you can literally play HOURS without a male humanoid pawn going after an animal (With Beasty trait, they will still choose to have quickies and form relationships with other humanoid pawns and completely ignore the animal pawns Unless the animal initiates.)  Its hard coded that way.  I and others have asked about it over the years and we are always told its working as intended.

Since you mentioned you could and were looking into increasing the rate of "rape" (which all beasti is treated as by RJW) Could you also look into the whats controlling the "initiator" and choosing the "victim" in re: beasti "rape" so that its plays the same for male and female pawns, humanoid or animal?

Thanks for your consideration, and Hope I wasnt too forward in making the request.

This can be resolved with maximizing Girls go rapin' in RJW basic settings(because male pawns don't have restriction).

This will make female pawns get similar condition with male pawns, females will rape males as the males do.

3 hours ago, FoxyNova said:

I think this is a great way to handle it actualy, I just worry about the workload for the author.

I think about gangbang ritual that makes pawns into masochist fast.

1 hour ago, HaloChan said:

When having sex with venerated animals, while having bestiality set to encouraged (NOT venerated only), my pawns do not gain the mood or social buff for sex with animal. Is this intetnional? In case it is a bug, here's the hugslog, running only Sexperience and obviously RJW: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/58aa2939acdd558cb2a47721cb686298

Not intended. It will be fixed in next version.

56 minutes ago, hyperk2 said:

Any idea about why certain pawns might be having a huge negative modifier for their lust stat? I noticed that several of my pawn's sex need never goes down. This is because their sex drive is at 0, and it's at 0 because there is a lust X -79.0 or similar. Even getting several massive multipliers like aphrodisiac drugs and whatever can't overcome it. As far as I can tell I wouldn't suspect there to be something that would make them like this, but then again, I really don't know for sure.

Edit: So I looked into this a little more and as far as I can tell the initial lust value is randomized. This presents a bit of a problem if the number is particularly skewed one way or the other. In my case though it was set to -179, and the value is so low that sex drive is 0 and sex desire never goes down, so the pawn doesn't really seek out any sex. Combine this with a precept of 'free sex' and most things aren't considered that deviant so the lust doesn't really ever go up. Even if it's set to vaginal, it would take around 60 sessions of pure anal (somehow without cheating). Unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure I'm for it.

I agreed with its linear calculation looks awkward. I will change it to other thing.

Could you please separate the rape precept into two like:
"rape" (keep the options as they are)
and
"being raped"  horrible, disliked, acceptable etc. (approved by masochists)

This way we could have a somewhat symbiotic rapist-masochist cult, without everyone requiering the maso-trait to enjoy it.

Edit: Although I wouldn't mind a ritual for the maso trait as you mentioned earlier, would involve a little more gameplay

Edited by toragor
8 hours ago, motd1233 said:

I think about gangbang ritual that makes pawns into masochist fast.

I like this idea.
It would also be good to have some kind of ritual rape mechanic not for a trait, but just for fun or entertainment.
Something like scarification ritual where the victim is raped by the cult leader just once.
Some mood buffs, may be some mood debuffs, but no traits changing.

8 hours ago, toragor said:

Could you please separate the rape precept into two like:
"rape" (keep the options as they are)
and
"being raped"  horrible, disliked, acceptable etc. (approved by masochists)

This way we could have a somewhat symbiotic rapist-masochist cult, without everyone requiering the maso-trait to enjoy it.

Edit: Although I wouldn't mind a ritual for the maso trait as you mentioned earlier, would involve a little more gameplay

I feel this post works better then the whole needing to force the trait, because the trait has gameplay effects outside of just lewd activities... and like...

Its very posible for a woman to okay with being free use, while.... uhhh... not okay with being shot.

The trait forces those to be bundled, and it would be nice to have them not have to be bundled.