Skyrim Immersion Patch (January 2022)

Skyrim Immersion Patch (January 2022)

View File

[For many years now, I had this small non-sexlab mod hosted only on Nexus. It is time to change that and host it here with my other mods as well.]

Have you ever wondered how the Greybeards keep themselves warm? or those bandits in that tower above Riverwood? How do they prepare food in those inns?

And what about beggars...where do they sleep?

Years ago, mods like 'Cutting Room Floor' or 'Unofficial Skyrim Patch' inspired me to get started with that dreaded CK editor and give back a little to the Skyrim community.

This mod is not earth-shattering but it provides some useful immersive changes where it makes sense.

The mod itself is kept as simple as possible, using only Vanilla resources so far.

Optional esp files:

• Legendary addon - brings assets from the DLCs into Skyrim's mainland (heavy snow trees, dead and broken trees, hints of Morrowind where it makes sense).
  • ESO add-on - adds landmarks from the Elder Scrolls Onlines back into Skyrim
  • Seasonal weather - overrides the weather with seasonal weather patterns in addition to regional ones from the game. Use this console command to set the number of days in a year (you don't have anything to do if you are using Family Ties, the mod will adjust to the duration of a year from Family Ties automatically)

set  _SIP_GV_DaysInYear  to  <number of days in a year>

FrostFall is not required although many changes in this Immersion Patch were added with Frostfall in mind. Compatibility is extended only through the addition of campfires and other heat sources.

This mod covers the following kinds of changes:

- Heat sources in places that make sense (such as where NPCs work all day long in cold weather)
- User accessible bedrolls in some public places (beggars beds for example)
- Extra NPCs where you would expect them (such as a Vigilant of Stendarr helping out with daedric curses in them Temple of Kynareth or guarding various Shrines of Stendarr)
- Small details that were originally missed (for example, Reyda's clothes folded on the shore in Ivarstead)
- Small updates to vendors and other loot lists (Firewood, torch, linen wraps added to Misc Merchant Items).
- Cooking Spit added to inns without kitchens (can be disabled by talking to innkeepers)

There will be more changes in the future as I come across them. Feel free to post suggestions in the discussion area. I will be happy to include them if they are doable with minimal resources.

Look into the Readme section of the downloaded file (or here on Github) for a full list of the changes so far...

Future plans

Here are a few things I plan on adding at some point:

- how do they transport wood? -> floating wood trunks down the rivers, carts outside of sawmills

- where is the trash? -> add clutter in streams and sewers, puddles of dirty water

- how do they keep clean? -> custom items to wash clothes and hang them to dry, people bathing, at least one bath house (like in Kingdom Com Deliverance)

- how to they make food? -> a few smokers for dried meat and fish, a couple of places with pelts drying off to make leather

Let me know in the discussion threads if you have ideas.

This is not meant for a huge overhaul but instead fixing little things that make so sense in the original game.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/04/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

For many years now, I had this small non-sexlab mod hosted only on Nexus. It is time to change that and host it here with my other mods as well.

I created this mod to solve small and irritating issues for my own gameplay.

I can't ensure compatibility with other mods out there but I try to keep it light.

Here is the link to the Nexus file if anyone is curious.

Edited by DeepBlueFrog

mod doesmt werk. imeedite crash. you suck. all my problems are you're falt. 

also, thanks. i love little immersion things, and the beggar beds will go great with Sexlab Survival and Dangerous Nights.

1 hour ago, jfraser said:

mod doesmt werk. imeedite crash. you suck. all my problems are you're falt. 

also, thanks. i love little immersion things, and the beggar beds will go great with Sexlab Survival and Dangerous Nights.

I changed my Dangerous Nights settings to have a higher chance of assault inside inns than outside (since there is no doors in most inns and they are full of potentially drunk people). Having an option to sleep outside comes in handy.

A few things I plan on adding at some point:

- how do they transport wood? -> floating wood trunks down the rivers, carts outside of sawmills

- where is the trash? -> add clutter in streams and sewers, puddles of dirty water

- how do they keep clean? -> custom items to wash clothes and hang them to dry, people bathing, at least one bath house (like in Kingdom Com Deliverance)

- how to they make food? -> a few smokers for dried meat and fish, a couple of places with pelts drying off to make leather

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

BUG ?

I'm playing on SE using SkyrimImmersionPatchMergedSE

I'm currently testing my installed mods. Started in solitude and did the radient rainments questline to get the free fine clothes. However it is invisible when i put it on.

I tracked it down to this mod. It changes the nif file it loads but there are no meshes included in this mod.

Change is this for female

clothes\fineclothes01\rrdress_0.nif

21 minutes ago, Oblivion_Cat said:

BUG ?

I'm playing on SE using SkyrimImmersionPatchMergedSE

I'm currently testing my installed mods. Started in solitude and did the radient rainments questline to get the free fine clothes. However it is invisible when i put it on.

I tracked it down to this mod. It changes the nif file it loads but there are no meshes included in this mod.

Change is this for female

clothes\fineclothes01\rrdress_0.nif

That is very strange indeed because I am not touching clothing at all in this mod. 

I have no idea about what could be causing this.

5 hours ago, Oblivion_Cat said:

I just loaded both LE and SE patches into SSEdit and yup. Both have one armor addon entry

EditorID

_FineClothesRaiment01AA

and in armor too

EditorID

ClothesRadientRaimentFineClothes01

Thanks for checking. That is a mistake and will be fixed in the next version. 

You can delete that record in Ssedit.

• 3 months later...

If you want to give the seasonal weather option a try, I added some details to the download page, including the console command you will need to change the number of days in a year.

The seasons are set automatically to 1/4 of the number of days in a year.

In my tests, I found a year of 40 days (with 10 days for each season) works well to give a sense of passing time. I know it doesn't match the month names in Skyrim but until I figure out how to extract them by script, that will have to do.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/31/2022 at 2:00 PM, lonelywolf23 said:

When my character is located between shor stone, lost prospect mine and riften city i encounter significant fps loss - less than 10. 

I don't remember adding much in that area.. maybe a couple of ruins but nothing that would explain a big drop in fps.

• 10 months later...