2 hours ago, skullgirls_ said:

if i may put on request. would you tackle the almighty "legendary edition skyfem" patch.. pretty please

10 minutes ago, Executaball said:

Wait what? o.O what voices are in that?

I took a quick look at the mod. It will most likely voicify all mods in mod order, after it's patcher is run.

May run to more lines of dialogue than SlaveRun Reloaded.

I don't have LE to work with so I'm going to pass.

On 7/21/2021 at 9:52 PM, judge007 said:

As for Thief, it is written in German I believe, with various partial translation's none of which were complete.

Last I looked, it had about 5 versions available, duplicated between LE and SE.

Along with a multitude of patches, for various issues, and a handful of addons - all of which were at different levels of translation.

Complicate that with the fact that Thief provides it's own "Sex engine" and doesn't require SexLab, ZaZ or DD,

and one would have to actually install it, COMPLETELY, in order to get an "accurate" output of voice dialogue for the synthesizer.

One would have to do so for each plugin and addon, individually.

That wouldn't be the hard part. The hard part would be fielding all the support questions about why 

you included this patch but not that one.

this language and not that one,

this version and not that one

why you haven't finished the translation

In short, it's too complicated, to do a job anyone will be happy with in the end.

Out of curiosity, when was the last time you looked at Thief?  I would invite you to take another look.

I'm the writer for the English version, and also the maker of all of the patches.  Everything is not only in English, but is also copy-edited and content-edited by a team.

The total number of lines of dialog added by all of the patches combined is - if I recall correctly - seven.

I'm not here to disagree with you, about it being too complicated.  Trying to do a good job creating voiced dialog for Thief seems like a bit of a fool's errand to me.  Not only does the mod have nearly 20,000 lines of dialog, parts of it are written in non-standard dialects or use very uncommon verbiage.  The latter things are going to create serious problems for an LSTM-based generator.

I'll be very curious to see what @Executaball generates, and how many special cases have to be handled to get intelligible results from a few of the characters.  The samples posted so far do a pretty surprisingly good job of inflection.

Edited by brewmasterhal
4 minutes ago, brewmasterhal said:

Out of curiosity, when was the last time you looked at Thief?  I would invite you to take another look.

I'm the writer for the English version, and also the maker of all of the patches.  Everything is not only in English, but is also copy-edited and content-edited by a team.

The total number of lines of dialog added by all of the patches combined is - if I recall correctly - seven.

I'm not here to disagree with you, about it being too complicated.  Trying to do a good job creating voiced dialog for Thief seems like a bit of a fool's errand to me.  Not only does the mod have nearly 20,000 lines of dialog, parts of it are written in non-standard dialects or use very uncommon verbiage.  The latter things are going to create serious problems for an LSTM-based generator.

I'll be very curious to see what @Executaball generates, and how many special cases have to be handled to get intelligible results from a few of the characters.  The samples posted so far do a pretty surprisingly good job of inflection.

The last time I looked it was version 1.0.0.6 with some parts older and some newer and had three locations to download from.

I believe there were seven or so patches with posts in the support thread stating this one was not completely translated, etc.

When I finally got a collection to actually load, I had mixed languages in my interface, including the infamous "square boxes"

I did get that cleaned up, but was waiting for development to progress further.

(it was a hybrid version 1.0.0.6 & 1.0.0.7)

THAT was what I was looking at. I did run the xVASynth script, but looking at the produced csv files showed more than just English in the text fields.

If I've upset you with that assessment I apologize, but that took several days to assemble.

I hope it's a little more organized now as I do wish to play it through.

As for 20,000 lines of Dialogue, I just posted a voice pack for Sexist Guards which had approx. 155, 00 lines.

20,000 is pretty standard fare.

As for non-standard verbiage, that's pretty much the standard here. You've gotta hear NPCs pronounce S.L.U.T.S.

That would make every mod here a fools errand!

Between @Executaball, @DoubleCheeseburger and myself I think we're at about the 60 - 65 mod range for voiced dialogue.

Nothings perfect, but it's great for the immersion.

13 minutes ago, veyex said:

I'm very new to modding so could someone explain to me what I need to do to install this on SE with MO2? I've downloaded the BSA file and the Empty ESP.zip and now what? Or should I be using the Empty ESL file from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23658 since I'm on SE

No you don't need to use any other file than the pack itself for SE. Just drag into MO2 to install. 

2 hours ago, Executaball said:

Yes. Using the FemaleEvenToned model.

is there a reason why this one was chosen?

It is ok, but I feel like it rather belongs to a mature woman, while the PC in Thief is supposed to be a young girl.

5 minutes ago, Pupkin said:

is there a reason why this one was chosen?

It is ok, but I feel like it rather belongs to a mature woman, while the PC in Thief is supposed to be a young girl.

It's one of the most common female voices in game, as such the sampling size for AI learning is large and the quality is quite high. But yes I might look into making some alternate player voices in FemaleYoungEager or FemaleSultry. Or perhaps one of the unique voices.

Edited by Executaball
41 minutes ago, Pupkin said:

What should I do with LE Split Version files? I have:

[Part 0] [LE] (Gen 2.1) Thief v1.0.8-BME EVP v1.zip (3.08 GB (3,312,686,533 bytes))

[Part 1] [LE] (Gen 2.1) Thief v1.0.8-BME EVP v1.z01 (4.50 GB (4,831,838,208 bytes))

Just open / unzip the .zip file, it should use the z01 file as data. Then create an empty mod in MO2 and drag the bsa and esps into it. Or rezip it as 1 zip file and drag into MO2. Make sure all esps are enabled under plugins. 

29 minutes ago, matthouss said:

according to the guild, it seems no esp need. why all your voice need a esp? i don't understand....

Some .esp's change mod voice type records due to either the original not having voice types or changing it to a more appropriate one, since most mods weren't made with the intention of the voice type actually being heard.

For most other packs, the .esp are simply there to load the .bsa's

Edited by Executaball