Forno Sexy Vault Girl Interface - Modder Resource -

Thanks @Fredas and @TaelF for your opinions, they're obviously well accepted! I know that some of the icons -like friend of the night- have some issues, it's all fault of the badly system of the ipad app that i use for drawing...scaling things even a bit fuck up pixel ratio every time; it's my intention to correct these issues, but first i want to continue to draw the other icons and when i finish i recheck everything and correct all the present -and surely future- issues.

For the Chem Resistant: i think i'm gonna put this version in the alternatives folder and proceed to do a version with the vault boy for the main one, as Fredas suggest in his comment.

Sadly  i don't think im gonna do an alternative version of the icons with girls instead of males cause it means that i have to redo pretty much everything (due to the limited layers capacity of the ipad app i'll have to draw  every icon on single layer each one).

It's a good idea the futa thing, i want to cover most of the common sexual kinks so everyone's happy! maybe i'm gonna made an alternative version for Piercing Strike and i put this one in the alternatives folder, thanks Fredas for the suggestion!

@KoolHndLuke it's my intention to do all the games icons, even karma and reputation, but obviously it's gonna require a lot of time (probably months). And yes, sometimes it's hard to represent the perk effects with a drawing (for example it took me some hours to imagine a good idea fo the damn Rad Child) but for every one of the icon it's my intention to bring a custom and original concept, most of the time I had more fun with the "how to represent?" part rather than in making the draw itself (and i really like to draw) :) . sometimes it's hard but it's really enjoiable, especially with a great community like this one that have so much kind words about my work!

having said that, I want to warn that for a while I stop with the drawings, after having made 80 icons in 1 week I am quite exhausted and I just want to relax with a bit of drift on Assetto Corsa. probably i start again with the drawings in the second week of september. By the way, I forgot to ask with the other comment, Night Person is ok in your opinions? I like it very much, but I understand if you tell me that you prefer something "more sexy".

Thanks again to everyone for the suggestions and the compliments, they're both really appreciated! cheers :)

due to the limited layers capacity of the ipad app i'll have to draw  every icon on single layer each one

That's a shame.  Yeah, I was somehow imagining that all this was being done in PS but it makes sense that you'd be using a true drawing environment.  Oh well, I'll cherish the all-girl icons you did draw.

even karma and reputation

That's what I'm looking forward to, as these ones—the little heads you get with the corner messages—pop up regularly during gameplay.

Night Person is ok in your opinions?

Personally, I loved it.  But you're probably right in bringing that one up.  Not specifically because of its lack of sexiness (the large breasts probably cover that adequately) but because it's a little off-brand for FNV—driving, and an 80s vehicle.  I'd hate to see it go, but if you were fishing for suggestions, the term "night person" lends itself to, say, a prostitute on the sidewalk at night.  Good opportunity to give her an appropriately flamboyant outfit with stockings/high heels, which we don't get in other icons due to their specificity.

Edit: Here's a quick comparison between the vanilla interface icons (corner / faction messages) and the "Vault Meat" variety that's been around for a while.  Providing it as a reference because I personally like what the artist came up with.  In particular, for the "extreme distress" icon (second row, fourth column), which originally looks like a deceased Vault Boy, the artist chose to depict the character wearing a slave collar and blushing with apparent humiliation.  I thought that was pretty creative.  The others have similar ideas, such as the other distress icons having her wear a dog collar (it's subtle).  That said, these have always been very low resolution icons, so if nothing else, I'm looking forward to being able to upgrade the detail of these.

Edited by Fredas

Yeah for the night person i had thought the same idea of the prostitute, but due for the eurobeat music that i listen when i draw and the really similar Stonewall perk i've opted for an initial-D citation (i thought that +2 Intelligence and +2 Perception between 6:00 P.M. and 6:00 A.M fits well with a night clandestine racer girl) but i know it's a bit off topic, that's why i ask. And for the karma e co. icons, actually i've already drawed the full body one of very good karma (it was drawed originally for the lifegiver perk, but i came up with the breastfeeding idea and i choose to use the old one for the karma instead). i put a preview in this comment so you can see how it looks. 

thanks for the link at the image atlasing and for your suggestion, they're gonna be really useful!

Spoiler

Very good Karma.jpg

Edited by Forno
7 hours ago, Forno said:

i put a preview in this comment so you can see how it looks. 

Hide contents

I do have a suggestion here.  Since your art takes a lot of cues from manga stylings (which I consider to be one of the best things about your chosen art style), it might be a good idea here to follow eromanga tradition when it comes to the シスター stereotype.  Eromanga artists pretty much unfailingly depict "sisters" in a certain way.  This might be good for reference.  The important elements of the clothing that would help differentiate it from a Veronica-the-scribe style robe are the white cloth covering the shoulders (which Google tells me is called a guimpe) and especially the always-visible white band of the coif peeking out from under the black veil worn on the head.  The latter item is the selling point, as you can see from the atlas image I linked earlier.  Probably not so important to depict the "guimpe", especially if the breasts are just going to be fully blocking it from view anyway.

@Fredas 

1 hour ago, Fredas said:

I do have a suggestion here.  Since your art takes a lot of cues from manga stylings (which I consider to be one of the best things about your chosen art style), it might be a good idea here to follow eromanga tradition when it comes to the シスター stereotype.  Eromanga artists pretty much unfailingly depict "sisters" in a certain way.  This might be good for reference.  The important elements of the clothing that would help differentiate it from a Veronica-the-scribe style robe are the white cloth covering the shoulders (which Google tells me is called a guimpe) and especially the always-visible white band of the coif peeking out from under the black veil worn on the head.  The latter item is the selling point, as you can see from the atlas image I linked earlier.  Probably not so important to depict the "guimpe", especially if the breasts are just going to be fully blocking it from view anyway.

yeah,  i've drawed her with classic religious clothes (like a "sexy" Vergine Maria -Mary Virgin? dunno in english how she's called-) but your idea of a ,basically, sexy nun it's not bad at all, i can think about. probably im gonna do either a clothed and naked version. 

Just familiar with how eromanga artists approach that subject matter.  It was an easy assumption that you were going for a nun look, given the hooded robe+cinch. (Edit: Never mind—you were replicating the vanilla Live Giver icon.  I'd forgotten.)  I'd say it's the obvious route to go when the idea is to depict a "very high karma" look, especially when the vanilla icons already take advantage of halo+wings / devil horns+pitchfork iconography to sell the idea.

probably im gonna do either a clothed and naked version.

Yep, or build the image up with both options in mind, if the app allows for that kind of flexibility.  Either way, the hood-with-white-band seems like the centerpiece if the idea is to convey a nun look.

Edited by Fredas
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm the person who intended to mod these icons into the game.

Most of the hiatus of any type of alpha/beta builds of this is due to me. My situations is this:

I'm a high schooler with no intention in pursuing game development nor modding. I'm just a kid who fell in love with Fallout New Vegas for a bit and saw some amazing art and wanted to do my best to add it into the game.

It worked with the few icons i had at the time, but now that more had been made, my work load has been increased yet again. the issue with this is, i started this on my vacation and would have to continue this tedious trial and error type work that i started out with. (The reason it's tedious is cause this is my first mod ever, and this is the only way it works for me)

but now due to my continued disinterest in modding and fallout new vegas as a whole, not to mention my increased workload not just for this mod but from my own education, i must sadly announce that i will no longer continue work on this mod.

I would like to apologize to Forno, who has been a lovely artist to work with and has been beyond patient with my MIA period.

This is my final message. Goodbye.

sorry guys for this long radio silence! I spent the last month fixing up the house after the move and I admit that i've lacked at all the the strength to draw... btw don't worry, this project is not abandoned at all, it's just temporarily stopped. having said that, I'm arranging the last things and then, as soon as I have some free time, I'll start drawing again. thanks for your patience and support!

• 2 weeks later...

I need to underscore what I said earlier: I already made the mod, and it's as complete as can be with the currently available images, including a heck of a lot of tidying up of minor graphical issues here and there.  And yes, a very large amount of effort went into idealizing the image sizes.  In its current iteration, the mod even presents by far the highest resolution any level-up / Pip-Boy icon replacer has ever offered, thanks to the use of some tweaks to bypass the normal limitations.  The mod is not released because it's not complete (the image set won't be done until Forno returns to the project) and it's not really my mod to release.

I should probably add that several of the existing images are in fact in a transitional phase and Forno has indicated plans to revise them.  This is in part due to resizing artifacts engendered by the painting software, which more or less scuttled the artwork wherever they reared their ugly head.

Edit: Here's a nice 4K screenshot showcasing how much icon detail can be mustered with enough TLC.  Granted, to achieve this, it is necessary to do some things in the background via an .esp.

(Edit 2: The above reiterated point was made in response to a post from an individual offering a preliminary icon replacement archive utilizing Forno's artwork.  Said post was subsequently deleted, so I felt it prudent to supply the missing context here.)

Edited by Fredas
6 hours ago, Fredas said:

I need to underscore what I said earlier: I already made the mod, and it's as complete as can be with the currently available images, including a heck of a lot of tidying up of minor graphical issues here and there.  And yes, a very large amount of effort went into idealizing the image sizes.  In its current iteration, the mod even presents by far the highest resolution any level-up / Pip-Boy icon replacer has ever offered, thanks to the use of some tweaks to bypass the normal limitations.  The mod is not released because it's not complete (the image set won't be done until Forno returns to the project) and it's not really my mod to release.

I should probably add that several of the existing images are in fact in a transitional phase and Forno has indicated plans to revise them.  This is in part due to resizing artifacts engendered by the painting software, which more or less scuttled the artwork wherever they reared their ugly head.

Edit: Here's a nice 4K screenshot showcasing how much icon detail can be mustered with enough TLC.  Granted, to achieve this, it is necessary to do some things in the background via an .esp.

sweet, all I can do right now is wait and wish you and the artist the best of luck making this mod. Will there also be an alternate nude version for the stats model?

2 hours ago, NotAnakinSkywalker said:

sweet, all I can do right now is wait and wish you and the artist the best of luck making this mod. Will there also be an alternate nude version for the stats model?

Every frame of artwork that Forno has produced is already part of the mod package, and in cases where there exist alternative images, these can be selected at one's preference.  (For now, you would need to scrutinize the collection for yourself to see exactly what images I refer to.)

There is no alternate version for the stats model—the way that menu works, if you'll recall, is that the Pip-Boy's six "limbs" (head, arms, etc.) can be in either a healthy or damaged state.  The example "Pip Boy Stats" image Forno provided shows the two different modes: On the left, all limbs intact; on the right, all limbs crippled.  The crippled state is rather nude, in keeping with the overt philosophy of the artwork package.  I have already set things up so that this works in-game entirely as intended.

• 5 weeks later...

ok guys little update, in these days i'm working on the various hud contextual heads (good karma, bad karma, sneak and so on). i've talked with @Fredas about them, he gave me some little suggestions and in some days i'm gonna finish the pack; then i'll upload everything for eveyone in the file page, as usual. i put some examples here so you can have an idea of what i'm doing :)

Example.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 2:30 AM, Forno said:

ok guys little update, in these days i'm working on the various hud contextual heads (good karma, bad karma, sneak and so on). i've talked with @Fredas about them, he gave me some little suggestions and in some days i'm gonna finish the pack; then i'll upload everything for eveyone in the file page, as usual. i put some examples here so you can have an idea of what i'm doing :)

Example.jpg

Hi, hope you can finish this masterpiece. I am waiting for the beautiful drawings of the starting trait, but take your time.

ScreenShot0.png

Edited by duy123a
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys for this long silence, i've been overcharged with works on fiverr and i really don't had the time to do anything since december :/ plus  i've got covid a week ago...luckily nothing serious, but i'm really not in the mood for drawings in these days...probably i start again with this project at the end of this month..so don't worry, i didn't -and i won't- give up with this project, i'm just a very silent guy who always forgot to update his social media accounts (from facebook to LL ?‍♂️)..my bad ;) BTW i've finally uploaded the contextual faces.PSD file, for the joy of all (i don't know why but i cannot see the preview pic that i've put in the screenshots in the main page...let me know if it's only me or it's a global problem, we risk a nuclear winter if it so)!

• 3 weeks later...