Okay, oops, the problem is probably with an untested feature (it takes awhile for this to happen) of injuries being generated with a "generic" nameless partner like "soldiers." Instant game crash there... but ill upload a fix soon. Also fixed some weird grammar in the encyclopedia and a popup situation I forgot about.

3 hours ago, Nibbler2345 said:

Okay, oops, the problem is probably with an untested feature (it takes awhile for this to happen) of injuries being generated with a "generic" nameless partner like "soldiers." Instant game crash there... but ill upload a fix soon. Also fixed some weird grammar in the encyclopedia and a popup situation I forgot about.

nice thanks for sharing hehe

edit: btw for some of the interesting events happening would be nice if these events has it's own popup messages as it's pretty easy to miss out the juicy stuff if it goes into the events log at the left hand side.

sometimes there is a popup window mentioning some events but most of the time it goes into the normal events which gets overwritten immediately.

Edited by Whizkid

Well it's something I'm always thinking about. Sometimes you want to hear about certain news, other times it's just annoying and being spammed to the player. I think back to someone from the CE thread who said he couldn't even play the game anymore because his hundreds of children kept needing to be educated and he was endlessly spammed with those education events. Options and settings and stuff to configure what news you get should help eventually, but right now one issue for me is they haven't opened up the UI enough to be modded deeply without Harmony yet. Anyway I still consider myself having a long way to go with this mod. I don't even really consider it "started" yet because there's so much stuff I want to do but haven't yet...

Edited by Nibbler2345
10 hours ago, Nibbler2345 said:

Well it's something I'm always thinking about. Sometimes you want to hear about certain news, other times it's just annoying and being spammed to the player. I think back to someone from the CE thread who said he couldn't even play the game anymore because his hundreds of children kept needing to be educated and he was endlessly spammed with those education events. Options and settings and stuff to configure what news you get should help eventually, but right now one issue for me is they haven't opened up the UI enough to be modded deeply without Harmony yet. Anyway I still consider myself having a long way to go with this mod. I don't even really consider it "started" yet because there's so much stuff I want to do but haven't yet...

well rome wasnt built in a day, go slow and concentrate on core features first and take it easy or you'll just burn out.

The mod is great... or was because the last 26/08/2021 hotfix made both 1.6.1 and 1.62 versions crash. Or is it just me (nobody has mentioned it here yet)?

The 1.6.1 crash pretty fast when starting a campaign (new or loaded) but it didn't print any on screen messages. The 1.6.2 version stays running bit longer but generats some red text complaining some methods not existing (see clip)

Spoiler

[8/28/2021 10:32:21 PM] : PRNO: Menus loaded
[8/28/2021 10:41:33 PM] : PRNO: WarWife Start() exception - System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Helpers.StringHelpers.SetCharacterProperties(System.String, TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CharacterObject, TaleWorlds.Localization.TextObject)'.
   at PrimaeNoctisBLord.PNInfo.PNWarWifeLog.GetEncyclopediaText()
   at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignInformationManager.AddLogEntry(LogEntry log)
   at PrimaeNoctisBLord.PNWarWifeContract.Start(Hero kingdomLeader)
[8/28/2021 10:41:33 PM] : PRNO: WarWife Start() exception - System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Helpers.StringHelpers.SetCharacterProperties(System.String, TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CharacterObject, TaleWorlds.Localization.TextObject)'.
   at PrimaeNoctisBLord.PNInfo.PNWarWifeLog.GetEncyclopediaText()
   at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignInformationManager.AddLogEntry(LogEntry log)
   at PrimaeNoctisBLord.PNWarWifeContract.Start(Hero kingdomLeader)
[8/28/2021 10:42:23 PM] : PRNO: Saved 1464 extra data entries in 25 chunks.

I'll check it out

Well, I also noticed some other things that are a bit weird that I should probably fix as well...

- Fixed "FACTION_LINK_ERROR" in some reports

- Injuries seem a bit wonky to me right now... will have to check more but I changed them a bit

- Fixed bug where war wives couldn't get pregnant

- Fixed a random crash to desktop (unrelated to this maybe?)

These will be uploaded soon but I'm not seeing that warwife Start() error. Not sure, it might be from old save files before the update.

Edited by Nibbler2345
18 hours ago, Nibbler2345 said:

I'll check it out

Well, I also noticed some other things that are a bit weird that I should probably fix as well...

- Fixed "FACTION_LINK_ERROR" in some reports

- Injuries seem a bit wonky to me right now... will have to check more but I changed them a bit

- Fixed bug where war wives couldn't get pregnant

- Fixed a random crash to desktop (unrelated to this maybe?)

These will be uploaded soon but I'm not seeing that warwife Start() error. Not sure, it might be from old save files before the update.

Cannot remember was it a loaded save or a fresh start when it generated that error. Anyway 1.6.2 CTD in a fresh start too when tested further. It might happen when some leader tries to take a newly wed wife into bed. Saw a text about some leader claiming to do that and then short time after that CTD.

EDIT: Without the mod, the game seems stable and validated the game files again. The mod was stable before the so called game 'hotfix'

Edited by dudeofculture

About 1.6.1, unfortunately if it's not working I can't fix it anymore as I don't have 1.6.1 installed nor the bandwidth or disk space to install multiple versions. Maybe in the future I won't update to the beta branch and ill only develop for the stable branch.

For 1.6.2, since I don't get any crash I'm afraid I can't fix that either yet. Might have to wait for 1.6.3.

4 hours ago, CCMods said:

Does this ony work in Sandbox ? :)

Well I have only developed in campaign mode actually, so it might be the other way around.

1 hour ago, Nibbler2345 said:

... For 1.6.2, since I don't get any crash I'm afraid I can't fix that either yet. ...

Amazing as I get guaranteed crash. Actually nothing bad seem to happen until some kingdom leader claims right to a newly wed woman. Then some time after that crash. At least I think that could be the reason.

The mentioned red text comes when some faction negotiates a cheaper peace. In that case it works at least on some level, because the 'war wife' appears in the town keep. I don't see any indication that it crashes because of this (at least not immediately)

Did you test it to those points? It might take some time before those situations happen. Do you have the Steam version? The 1.6.1/1.6.2 hotfix started this crash fest.

Yes actually I simulated the game for 100+ days and no crash so I dunno. A lot of wives and newlyweds were claimed and so on. What game day are you on? I'm using up to date steam version with game files verified.

The error you have looks like SetCharacterProperties doesn't exist, but that doesn't make sense and it exists as far as I can see and it is working, so the error is really strange...

I have uploaded PrimaeNoctisBLord - 1.6.2 - Crash Test.zip with that method removed if you want to try that.

Edited by Nibbler2345

@Nibbler2345, would it be to much to ask for if u could just tailor some functions to be unisex e.g. capturing of ladies, as there are options to raise troops me morale when playing a lady lord by gifting captured ladies to your men.  

playing as a male lord isnt as fun as u dont get that helplessness feeling since u do not really lose anything when u lose...

I managed to make it  work... kind of. I removed Bannerlord and reloaded the mod and then installed everything. That red text is gone and also no crash which would seem to be related to the mod. I managed to play it quite long before it crashed in a town. No idea of the cause for this crash... could be a 'normal' Bannerlord crash

Couple of points (dunno if bugs or just not implemented)

1) It seems the king (Monchug in this case) doesn't recognise Alea (your younger sister) getting adult and claim her. Even serving Khuzait, my character is imperial by culture if that matters (tried c 20 times and never worked)
2) If you are the king you cannot claim your right to those coming adult or newly wed (or did I miss it how you can). If it is automatic then quite a low chance
3) The 'full Alabama' case: If the father of the child is the same as the mother's father, then the character screen lists the mother two times for the kid. Not biggie and might be a Bannerlord side thing (if so, might NOT be a good idea to inform Taleworlds ;)

It would be good to be able to adjust probabilities etc in the mod. Testing at least would be easier (set the chance 100% and don't have to wonder if was just a bad RNG roll)

EDIT: Actually I managed to get number 2 work now, for the marriage case. Anyway was bit too hard to get. It seems to be automatic, but maybe ask user opinion could be nicer(?)

Edited by dudeofculture
On 9/8/2021 at 12:08 PM, Whizkid said:

@Nibbler2345 , issue when starting a new game after existing from previous game is still there i.e. CE prostitutes will end up as prisoners the players party when starting a new game, quitting and restarting will not have this problem.

edit: when playing as a female, apparently whenever she is pregnant the father of the child will be spawned at the keep for first town/castle u owned, is this an intended feature for  both male and female commanders? i.e. to move the partners or create partners aka fathers or mothers.

wanted to try your mod but when i try to start the game when the mod is activated it crashes. i tried it with mods or only with this single mod same for the same result, i use version 1.6.2. from the description it seems this is the supported version. any idea what i can do about it

also i read this threat i also wanted to ask if you could make options for female players.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any sex related stuff after becoming lovers apart from moral boost?

There seems to be very little way to increase relation with a specific lady.

Some more events related to being lover might be cool. For example, quest : dating in town, village, wife caught you cheating.

I like the balancing and slow pace flirting in the mod. Please dont go CE route, event spam is quite repetitive after some time.

This is inconsistent with base game mechanic but bug or feature idk. Children born from player fucking female prisoner lord seems to have player culture not their mother culture.  50/50 chance of player culture or mother culture.

Edited by krappaclub

seems likely there is a problem with babies born the offsprings will cause a ctd when trying to interact and in some cases generated female npcs will also cause ctd, looks like the game engine is not able to handle these npcs, so yes there is potential for this mod to cause a problem due to npc generated and being access by this mod.

this is not this mods problem but it's related in a way.

what i did was to kill the offspring and female npcs, the male generated npc i.e. father seems to not cause a ctd when u try to interact with them usually in the keep, but offsprings wanderers in the tavern will cause a ctd when u try to talk to them.

I get a crash when i try to load a save in 1.6.3

Exception information
Type: System.NullReferenceException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source: TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem
CallStack:

1. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.get_CurrentMenuContext()
  2. at PrimaeNoctisBLord.PNTextAdventures.PNAdventure.SetAndSaveCurrentMenuText(String s, Boolean adhereNewlineSetting)
  3. at PrimaeNoctisBLord.PNSaver.RebuildMenu()
  4. at PrimaeNoctisBLord.PNSaver.SyncData(IDataStore dataStore)
  5. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.SandBox.CampaignBehaviors.CampaignBehaviorManager.OnGameLoaded_Patch1(CampaignBehaviorManager this)
  6. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.OnInitialize()
  7. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.DoLoadingForGameType(GameTypeLoadingStates gameTypeLoadingState, GameTypeLoadingStates& nextState)
  8. at StoryMode.CampaignStoryMode.DoLoadingForGameType(GameTypeLoadingStates gameTypeLoadingState, GameTypeLoadingStates& nextState)
  9. at TaleWorlds.Core.GameType.DoLoadingForGameType()
  10. at SandBox.SandBoxGameManager.DoLoadingForGameManager(GameManagerLoadingSteps gameManagerLoadingStep, GameManagerLoadingSteps& nextStep)
  11. at TaleWorlds.Core.GameManagerBase.DoLoadingForGameManager()
  12. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.GameLoadingState.OnTick(Single dt)
  13. at TaleWorlds.Core.GameStateManager.OnTick(Single dt)
  14. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.OnApplicationTick_Patch9(Module this, Single dt)
  15. at TaleWorlds.DotNet.Managed.ApplicationTick_Patch1(Single dt)