30 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

Dragon Destiny improves on Ikkitousen in every way but every series has to start somewhere.

It did but I found it tough to follow at first with so many characters! But I did enjoy it, 

Great Guardians was ok too and now I'm on Xtreme Xecutor, 

I read that another anime followed the same story "Romance Of The Three Kingdoms" so I might try that next, 

Was called Koihime Musou I think 

3 minutes ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

It's been a while since I've enjoyed an ecchi anime.  I prefer a little comedy with it, such as Shimoneta or Prison School.

I definitely prefer the comedy driven ones too, I'll check those out as I had the impression that Prison School might be more serious lol, 

The 3rd and 4th season of ikkitousen are proving to be a lot more light hearted than the previous, 

I'm just really digging the battle vixen vibe, it's making me feel like giving Queens Blade another watch, 

Did the first two but struggled to get on with Rebellion 

11 minutes ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

It's been a while since I've enjoyed an ecchi anime.  I prefer a little comedy with it, such as Shimoneta or Prison School.

Have you ever seen Hajime No Ippo? it is a gripping sports drama which also happens to involve muscular men gripping each other's manhood every now and then.

16 minutes ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

DanMachi or "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?" Season 2 airs next week!

And in October: more Boku no Hero Academia and SAO.

it slow anime , a,d have only few good episodes,sao is dead  from s2

and my hero go in wrong way ... it start good the ...become like others

like new anime magical girl in gundam robot .................

• 2 weeks later...

Used to be a huge anime fan back in the fansub/torrent/tracker days, Just came here to say I am super shocked and saddened by the news out of Japan. A lot of the older anime I enjoyed from that time came from the studio involved. Just a horrible thing and my condolences to the families, and all who have been affected by this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I know its been a few months since the last post and maybe necroing a thread and sorry about that if I did.

I just seen the first episode of Assassins Pride never read the light novel or manga and so far I liked what I've seen. I have also just noticed that my other favorite anime mahouka koukou no rettousei is getting a second season and a trailer for the second season has already been released 

• 5 weeks later...

I have to say that NetFlix is looking increasingly beneficial to indie anime as of late despite their chicanery involving live-action original content on the platform. If they keep picking winners to bankroll like Devil Man Crybaby, Castlevania and Beastars, they might just come out ahead of Disney in the streaming wars to come (especially the latter which is proving so much better than its Disney equivalent, Zootopia).

• 3 months later...

Interspecies Reviewers. I'm not going to say the Japanese name because I'm a pure blood 'merican; that was a joke but this isn't; this show is fucking amazing. It is about a bunch of guys going around to different brothels to have sex with women of different species and giving reviews about them. Only five episodes have come out so far and they have presented it in an amazing way. Considering the sheer amount of fetishes out there I expect they will have alot of material to work with. Yeah I know there is a manga out there but I will stick with the anime for now.

12 hours ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

I've been watching this too.  Pretty entertaining for an ecchi anime, while bordering on hentai.  Therefore, Funimation considered this to be too lewd for their liking and dropped it.  It's been picked up by fans instead.  Also, make sure you look for the AT-X, or "uncensored" version.

The OP reminds me of The Village People's YMCA.

Don't know why Funimation would drop it. It is just a good wholesome anime about paying for a service not much different than a massage and rating their services. Well their loss. If they want to stick to translating incest anime that is their choice.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought it sounded like the YMCA.

P.S. To clarify I have no hate for Funimation or incest for that matter. Funimation is a company that has a right to choose what business it does and does not do. Incest is a subject that I compared for its controversial nature rather than what society deems as "taboo" so take the subject as you will.

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2020 at 3:37 AM, Darkpig said:

Interspecies Reviewers. I'm not going to say the Japanese name because I'm a pure blood 'merican; that was a joke but this isn't; this show is fucking amazing. It is about a bunch of guys going around to different brothels to have sex with women of different species and giving reviews about them. Only five episodes have come out so far and they have presented it in an amazing way. Considering the sheer amount of fetishes out there I expect they will have alot of material to work with. Yeah I know there is a manga out there but I will stick with the anime for now.

I'd say that Ishuzoku Reviewers is probably the most Lover's Lab relevant bit of Japanese culture out there. I would have included the NPC Rape Mod manga but that violates, what, is it Rule 14 now, so it is disqualified on a technicality. 

How could one not love a show where the protagonists are RPG archetype staples who go on sexual adventures which they then evaluate and rate on a 1-10 score scale?

I will say that it could probably use one thing for the time being: an incompetent corrupt reviewer who serves as one of the rivals to Stunk, Crim and Zel who only gets by thanks to connections with rich and powerful people, just to add a dash more realism to the fantasy.

1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

I'd say that Ishuzoku Reviewers is probably the most Lover's Lab relevant bit of Japanese culture out there. I would have included the NPC Rape Mod manga but that violates, what, is it Rule 14 now, so it is disqualified on a technicality. 

How could one not love a show where the protagonists are RPG archetype staples who go on sexual adventures which they then evaluate and rate on a 1-10 score scale?

I will say that it could probably use one thing for the time being: an incompetent corrupt reviewer who serves as one of the rivals to Stunk, Crim and Zel who only gets by thanks to connections with rich and powerful people, just to add a dash more realism to the fantasy.

I would say this community is partly why I posted it in the first place but instead I will say "Hmm. Yes." in my best Paarthurnax impression.

To your second point, REALISM NANI?! No I understand. While one generally stays away from realism in terms of escapism adding a few elements of realism doesn't hurt a series and can in fact help it. Either there must be some deep psychological phenomenon that makes it so or I'm just overthinking things.

On 3/20/2020 at 12:20 AM, FauxFurry said:

Ishuzoku Reviewers

Might as well ask now that it has been brought up: is it any good for someone that doesn't care about hentai in general and the "imma slap some beast bodyparts on a human for exoticness but still keep them human at the core so they are more like a human in a slutty costume" trend of monstergirls in particular? I'll admit I haven't seen much about it, but it seems to me the "reviewed" are all anime girls (palette swaps or animal ear/horn "accesories" notwithstanding) and just the one token real nonhuman/anthro (the anatomically-correct hyena).

Feels like if I'm going to watch that for monstergirls only at most I might as well watch the older but more popular one about them instead (IIRC it was Monster Musume I think?).

4 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Might as well ask now that it has been brought up: is it any good for someone that doesn't care about hentai in general and the "imma slap some beast bodyparts on a human for exoticness but still keep them human at the core so they are more like a human in a slutty costume" trend of monstergirls in particular? I'll admit I haven't seen much about it, but it seems to me the "reviewed" are all anime girls (palette swaps or animal ear/horn "accesories" notwithstanding) and just the one token real nonhuman/anthro (the anatomically-correct hyena).

Feels like if I'm going to watch that for monstergirls only at most I might as well watch the older but more popular one about them instead (IIRC it was Monster Musume I think?).

Surprisingly, the beast race girls are frequently full-on 'Furries' or 'Scalies'. Here are a few example images that I could find:7wwmlzsf8bd41.png.c1259a0adf1c7951d760851a9a321ad6.png

1302252107_IRCatGirl.jpg.dacd0fb739981639739a6b4573211f1f.jpg

1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

Surprisingly, the beast race girls are frequently full-on 'Furries' or 'Scalies'. Here are a few example images that I could find:

Spoiler

7wwmlzsf8bd41.png.c1259a0adf1c7951d760851a9a321ad6.png

That's the hyena I was talking about, I've seen a clip of her scene (but that's all I've seen from the series outside of memes). And yes, I'm fine with that but AFAIK she's the only one in the entire series that is an actual anthro or otherwise truly non-human instead of just a monstergirl.

As I said, if I wanted monstergirls I'd check out the other anime about them instead (which AFAIK runs for longer or something? There seems to be a row about this one being cancelled after a single season or something like that).

Spoiler

1302252107_IRCatGirl.jpg.dacd0fb739981639739a6b4573211f1f.jpg

That's a monstergirl, though. This is exactly the thing I said I didn't like about this trend in manga/anime/hentai. You want humans, fine, go for them. You like your girls doing the "kitty" RP thing and wearing a cat ears headband, suit yourself. But you can't just put a normal human in a Felicia costume knockoff and pretend it's "exotic" and "non-human". Or at least IMO.

Seeing how the only example that has come up was the one I already knew of and mentioned (the hyena), guess that means I should pass on this. I'll go watch Beastars again and hope the second season doesn't take too long to be done or I can get my hands on the manga before the hype wrecks me, lol :classic_wacko:.

Thanks for the info anyway.