My favourites are Ergo Proxy and Darker Than Black.   ...the first season of the latter.  The second season doesn't exist, as far as I'm concerned.   I also really like Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho To (and the second season, Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou To: Dai Nii Maku).  The animation quality isn't as amazing as my two favourites and the story is a bit more typical, but I love the characters a lot.  And in terms of anime that fit LL's usual content, I enjoy Sekirei, both the anime and the manga, though I admit I haven't made it past the middle of the second season of the anime.  A lot of people here would probably enjoy it, actually.  Giant tits everywhere, pantyshots galore, and women in clothes that rip off if someone sneezes at them wrong. 

I'd say the author made the conscious decision to add one loli girl for all the tastes and putting them in fetish dresses which expose their thighs seems pretty ecchi to me .

Mahou-Shoujo-Madoka-Magica-anime-3036005

You should go watch cause the later episodes are going to make you go WTF at the screen as you see them drop like flies. This is no sparkly Mahou Shoujo series like Sailor Moon. Lately I just got my hand on Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse and I would say that's good enough of a show for some. Also, for the one who mentioned Darker than Black, I heard there's a third season and it's based on the stories before Hei became a contractor.

Another is something that can help to scare you to fits but I think the anime version is toned down somewhat. The manga feels darker but it also ended on a lighter note...

Currently watching Yondemasu-yo, Azazel-san... Laughed so hard one night that my bad tooth fell right out of the socket and I nearly ended up swallowing it whole.

Oh, yeah. The Bakemonogatari series is quite good on it's own. Just finished watching Nekomonogatari: Kuro a couple of weeks back.

Just finished cowboy bebop.... WOW

no wonder the rating on imdb was so high

every episode is either a tear jerker, hilarious or just really great to watch

Also, does anyone else get really really depressed when they finish a good show? And the only cure is to find another really good show, which then makes you depressed again. What an awful cycle...  :(

Macademi Wasshoi: For all the fanservice, it gives you much more dis-service within a single episode. It's a widget series. That means it's werid. Still, I enjoyed it. Other than that, the only one I've seen that I haven't seen mentioned is Soul Eater.

Also, to those of you who've seen Puella Magi Madoka Magicka: Don't lose your heads over one guy that thinks it's ecchi. We all know it's not.

I'm an amateur animator-- working on 2d animation. So naturally I love anime >.>

Depending on what you're watching it really is the height of animation quality. The only thing on par with it is what comes out of French animation schools, and that's a whole different story.

I also like Eastern culture a lot more. They are just so not hung up on things like religion and sexuality like the West is, and their story telling in that regard is a lot more... Honest. Especially if it's an adult orientated work.

I like certain Mangas too. My favorite is Vagabond :D

I hope I get to draw some awesome stuff like that one day!

Also, does anyone else get really really depressed when they finish a good show? And the only cure is to find another really good show, which then makes you depressed again. What an awful cycle...  :(

Join the club dude, watched 3 great emotional shows in a row, felt really depressed at the end.

The only cure is to watch pure comedy anime.

Finished School Days, wtf is up with the ending, I think I'm emotionally scarred for life....

Anyone ever watch the original "translation" of Ghost Stories? It's certainly worth a watch if you're into comedies. On that note, I'm watching Welcome to the N.H.K., which is a satire of otaku/ hikikomori life. On the flip side, there's also Higurashi if you like your psychotic murderers in middle school (and grade school).

Finished School Days, wtf is up with the ending, I think I'm emotionally scarred for life....

Does everybody die like in the game? I seem to remember more people dying in that show/game than Kenny dies in South Park.

It depends on the ending you get, but some are worse, like Kotonoha diving head first off a building and going splat right in front of Mokoto and Sekai, who never stay together because of the event. Or they just get horrible, like Kotonoha getting pregnant from... er... getting raped?...  by Makoto's friend.

The manga is also pretty good, but there is no good end. Oh god, that ending...

Poor Kokoro...

I'd like to say that the Inu Yasha manga was better than the anime because it had more violence, blood and nudity... but at the end of the day, that thing felt 10,000 chapters long and the ending sucked, where as the anime never had a proper ending.

No ending is better than the the manga ending...