Toyful Temptations

View File

Toyful TemptationsDiscord-Logo-White.png.521dc2559eef7cf1347921ac5111ac37.png  Digital-Patreon-Logo_White.png.6a2a0a9ca4ec2aa12fb65a08d2b9b3d5.png

Toyful Temptations is a looting mod, trapping various containers throughout Skyrim to contain some... "toyful" surprises!

A strange curse lies upon any chest and corpse, forcing anyone who dares to open them to face unexpected results: From now on, chests & corpses (incl. modded ones) may contain Keys, Toys and trapped (self equipping) Toys. Yay!

Requirements

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/31/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Yes

A note about DCL & TT

I discourage to think of this as the Toys equivalent of DCL - its more of a Toys Variation of Deviously Enchanted Chests. Its small, does its job and nothing more

TT is merely intended to be a starter mod for Toys to properly distribute Keys. You will find it being very important to Toys generalized dynamic and while I wont just neglect this mod going forward (you will finds its MCM very open to  new Options), its not a priority mod, by no means a priority mod. I have no desire to get it anywhere near DCL content wise

Edited by Scrab

Nice! Thank you for making this mod.

I've been using DD + Deviously Enchanted Chests for a long time. I've recently added Toys to my load order and disabled DEC to avoid conflicts.

I must say I was missing the surprise factor when looting bodies and chests and I'm very happy that it's back in my game thanks to you.

I too want to thank you for making this mod!

As the first mod published for Toys by another author, its perfect because it fills the most obvious hole. No not that hole, you with the dirty mind! It's the first mod distributing keys, and its the first mod taking full advantage of Toy Boxes. When a Toy Box is installed, TT, without updating it, will distribute toys from that new Toy Box.

I hope you DO keep it light weight and focused. This is good and it's advantage!

I've tested it HARD, and it does the job, nice and smooth. 

Wow this is a really exciting mod release. I've been really curious about the Toys Framework but haven't had the time to set up a development environment to see if I could make something with it, so I'm glad to see a mod adding a key functionality (pun intended) to the framework.

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=RegisterForSingleUpdateGameTime_-_Form

A "RegisterForUpdateGameTime" inside a "Event OnUpdateGameTime()" without ever using "UnregisterForUpdateGameTime()" snowballs into a colossal mess.

"RegisterForUpdateGameTime" and "RegisterForUpdate" can trigger before your script is finishing processing from the previous call to the "OnUpdate()" and "OnUpdateGameTime()". They can start stacking. Slowing down papyrus. Which causes more calls to  "OnUpdate()" and/or "OnUpdateGameTime()" to stack...

Then you get this. Some 900+ suspended instances of toyslib.OnUpdateGameTime()

script lag.png

Use "RegisterForSingleUpdateGameTime" or "RegisterForSingleUpdate" then at the end of the evet to register for a single event again. This allows the script to have a single check going at a time since another update won't be queued until the event has finished.

event OnUpdate()
	all the things I need to do

if shoudIDoItAgain
		RegisterForSingleUpdate(fUpdateLoopTime)
	endIf
endEvent

event OnUpdateGameTime()
	all the things I need to do

if shoudIDoItAgain
		RegisterForSingleUpdateGameTime(fUpdateLoopGameTime)
	endIf
endEvent

Edited by jbezorg
1 hour ago, jbezorg said:

A "RegisterForUpdateGameTime" inside a "Event OnUpdateGameTime()" without ever using "UnregisterForUpdateGameTime()" snowballs into a colossal mess.

Thats... cool and Im very much aware of this but .. why are you writing this?

TT isnt using but a single OnUpdate() Loop.. at least I dont call one. . might want to throw this into the "Toys" thread?

Edited by Scrab
5 minutes ago, Maddac said:

I just have one query, will this work in LE as I play on it. I find SE difficult to set up my mods and get very frustrated with it.

The mod works for both LE and SE

11 hours ago, jbezorg said:

"RegisterForUpdateGameTime" and "RegisterForUpdate" can trigger before your script is finishing processing from the previous call to the "OnUpdate()" and "OnUpdateGameTime()". They can start stacking. Slowing down papyrus. Which causes more calls to  "OnUpdate()" and/or "OnUpdateGameTime()" to stack...

I've actually improved this already a few weeks ago, for the next release of Toys. It's not within Toyful Temptations as I'm sure you know. I made adjustments to the startup for loading toy boxes and this is related. 

I'm very familiar with your statement above and use OnUpdate a lot. All my other cases are already using the single update method. In this case I felt it was fine not to because the interval of time is 3 minutes. But there's edge cases apparently, and you've proven that. Thank you for reporting it.

Would you be able to explain when it happened for you, and what impact you saw in game? Because I do wonder if I need to rush the fix out or not. If you reported it here because it happened as soon as you started using Toyful Temptations, that would be bad. So what led to you reporting it?

Edited by VirginMarie
17 hours ago, Scrab said:

Thats... cool and Im very much aware of this but .. why are you writing this?

TT isnt using but a single OnUpdate() Loop.. at least I dont call one. . might want to throw this into the "Toys" thread?

My bad. For some reason I though you were the author of the Toys framework

TT is obviously preventing you from getting another "event" from the same container/corpse if you just spam open it, which is good.

If you visit the same location again later, is there some point when the containers are refreshed, and thus once again there's a chance of an event?

5 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

If you visit the same location again later, is there some point when the containers are refreshed, and thus once again there's a chance of an event?

Latest 10 containers are cached, when opening a 11th Container, the 1st one will be overwritten by the 11th one, making the 1st one potentially trapped again

This List also resets with each reload of your save

1 hour ago, chevalierx said:

not working nothing happend even with 100%

Papy Log or didnt happen

Mod has been tested rather excessively Id assume and apart from a minor oddity which doesnt include "nothing happening" there were no issues

1 hour ago, chevalierx said:

not working nothing happend even with 100%

• Check that you've got the latest version of Toys. TT will "do nothing" if you don't have Toys v0.7
  • Did you start a new game when you first installed Toys? If not your save is now corrupt, and you will have more problems than just this

If that does not help, getting a log (as stated) covering opening a few containers/corpses with base chance set at 100, is key to seeing what's up. Set the logging to "very verbose" in the Toys MCM, Misc tab

Edited by VirginMarie
8 hours ago, VirginMarie said:
  • Check that you've got the latest version of Toys. TT will "do nothing" if you don't have Toys v0.7
  • Did you start a new game when you first installed Toys? If not your save is now corrupt, and you will have more problems than just this

If that does not help, getting a log (as stated) covering opening a few containers/corpses with base chance set at 100, is key to seeing what's up. Set the logging to "very verbose" in the Toys MCM, Misc tab

i install toys , stoys story , and this mod, i get all mcm

the device equip as armor , even toys beging after i read book nothing happend or equip devices, i try 5 cont/corps per cell in 3 diff cell

like problem is in toys framework

8 minutes ago, chevalierx said:

i install toys , stoys story , and this mod, i get all mcm

the device equip as armor , even toys beging after i read book nothing happend or equip devices, i try 5 cont/corps per cell in 3 diff cell

like problem is in toys framework

The problem is that something is not installed correctly, or you have a corrupt save.

1. Do you have Toys version 0.7?
  2. When you first installed Toys, did you start a new game? 
  3. Does the MCM installation test in Toys MCM Setup Tab succeed?
  4. Have you broken the Golden Rule?

Please provide your payrpus log. Instructions are in FAQ #3

4 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

The problem is that something is not installed correctly, or you have a corrupt save.

1. Do you have Toys version 0.7?
  2. When you first installed Toys, did you start a new game? 
  3. Does the MCM installation test in Toys MCM Setup Tab succeed?
  4. Have you broken the Golden Rule?

Please provide your payrpus log. Instructions are in FAQ #3

1-yes

-not new game

-didn't see toys mcm

i will try log

Edited by chevalierx
4 hours ago, chevalierx said:

-not new game

A new game is required. You corrupted your save by changing load order. This is your problem (or one of them). More detail on that subject is in FAQ #4. Also please pay attention the the Golden Rule at that link.

Start a new game. Really, a new game, not some early save. Run the MCM installation test, if it fails you must fix. If you still have problems after starting a new game, need your log.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just tried this in SE; already had toys installed.  Unfortunately, I've had endless glitches playing with this.  From constant POV glitching caused by the arousal state notifications and animations, and now outright CTD.  It's not toys framework, I've tried that previously and it ran without problems, it appears to be this mod.  Great idea but  too buggy, I now have to abandon this playthrough (it's still low level) and start over.

7 hours ago, marymuir2 said:

just tried this in SE; already had toys installed.  Unfortunately, I've had endless glitches playing with this.  From constant POV glitching caused by the arousal state notifications and animations, and now outright CTD.  It's not toys framework, I've tried that previously and it ran without problems, it appears to be this mod.  Great idea but  too buggy, I now have to abandon this playthrough (it's still low level) and start over.

I'm not the author, but I can tell you with certainty, that its something you've installed incorrectly, or a corrupt save, and definitely not this mod.

I use Toyful Temptations as a permanent fixture in my load order, so ALL my testing (which is my life lately :P ) includes this mod.

Take a scan through this thread. Do you see anyone posting problems? There's one case that was long ago, and was caused by Toys and fixed by Toys.

If you are interested, lets stat with a very specific issue and troubleshoot it.

Edited by VirginMarie