Harem King

Just a simple Harem religion mod.

- New religion called Harem Heaven, which allows 999 wives and 999 concubines.

- Harem Heaven allows only male only succession.

- Head of faith for Harem Heaven is called High Breeder and for regular people he is Harem King.

- Every girl under Harem Heaven faith will become concubine of High Breeder when they become adult.

- Children of High Breeder take celibate vow from birth. High Breeder can release them from their vow or even take one by themselves.

+ No other mods are required, but carnalitas is recommended to be installed, because user interface cannot show multiple wives and concubines at the same time.

+ Recommended way to start Harem Heaven content is to adopt it through decisions.

+ Most likely won't work with old save games.

4 hours ago, NHouben said:

Is there a way to remove the feature where every girl under the same religion becomes your concubine? 

Great mod anyways. Thanks :)

It is not possible yet. Eventually I will make it toggleable with 3 or 4 different settings.

This is from original idea and it will be something like this.

- Main toggle with four different settings to get more girls into harem.

1. All harem religion's noble girls will be made concubine of harem religion's head of faith. Head of faith will have -30 noble opinion, because hoarding all girls.

2. Only talented girls. Those that have one or more positive trait. -5 noble opinion, because hoarding still too many girls.

3. Only very talented girls. Those that have two or more positive traits and zero negative traits. +5 noble opinion, because talented ones are chosen by god.

4. None -10 noble opinion, because not following main idea of religion.

However I will first iron out current bugs and problems and after that I will start adding new features.

12 hours ago, blankusernn said:

So. this mod seems to break gender succession laws. It appears to disable them entirely for everyone, and the game appears to default to equal.

I have played this mod for a while to identify problems and bugs, but I haven't seen anything like that.

- When does this happen and who are affected?

- Do you have any other mods that edit succession_gender_laws ?

Does anyone else have similar problems?

Problems I have found so far.

- Relationship maluses when not in monogamy marriage and having concubines and wives at the same time.

- Marriage acceptance maluses.

- Own childbirth and dynasty childbirth popups, they can be unbearable when you have enough wives and/or concubines. I will try to find a way to silence them.

If any of you find any other problems, please share.

7 hours ago, den_of_evil said:

I have played this mod for a while to identify problems and bugs, but I haven't seen anything like that.

- When does this happen and who are affected?

- Do you have any other mods that edit succession_gender_laws ?

Does anyone else have similar problems?

It effects everyone from the start of the game. I searched every mod I play with and no, but I'm sorry for bringing it up regardless because it does indeed appear to be a compatibility issue. When I tried launching with only this mod running the problem went away, and I feel dumb for not trying that first.

7 hours ago, den_of_evil said:

Problems I have found so far.

- Relationship maluses when not in monogamy marriage and having concubines and wives at the same time.

- Marriage acceptance maluses.

- Own childbirth and dynasty childbirth popups, they can be unbearable when you have enough wives and/or concubines. I will try to find a way to silence them.

If any of you find any other problems, please share.

Maybe you've fixed it already, but regarding the second problem in your list you can fix it by including 00_marriage_scripted_modifiers.txt and find and replacing

scope:secondary_recipient.faith = { NOT = {	has_doctrine = doctrine_polygamy }	}

with

scope:secondary_recipient.faith = { 
	NOR = {	
		has_doctrine = doctrine_polygamy 
		has_doctrine = doctrine_marriage_hk
	}	
}

This should also impact elopement success maluses and divorce chance modifiers, which are also problems but rare enough to not be noticed. The first problem can be fixed by doing something similar in 00_marriage_interactions_effects.txt

15 hours ago, blankusernn said:

When I tried launching with only this mod running the problem went away, and I feel dumb for not trying that first.

No problem. Good that you found out what was wrong.

15 hours ago, blankusernn said:

Maybe you've fixed it already, but regarding the second problem in your list you can fix it by including 00_marriage_scripted_modifiers.txt and...

Thank you, all help is welcome.

Non intrusive childbirth popups seem to work nicely too. Of course those bring problem of children naming. Maybe adding interaction which allows name change for all dynasty children when they are younger than 1 years old would solve that problem.

Spoiler

2021-05-04 20_58_30-Crusader Kings III.png

6 hours ago, den_of_evil said:

No problem. Good that you found out what was wrong.

Thank you, all help is welcome.

Non intrusive childbirth popups seem to work nicely too. Of course those bring problem of children naming. Maybe adding interaction which allows name change for all dynasty children when they are younger than 1 years old would solve that problem.

Reveal hidden contents

2021-05-04 20_58_30-Crusader Kings III.png

Do you have an eta when an update can come through to fix these bugs?

19 hours ago, No U34343434 said:

Do you have an eta when an update can come through to fix these bugs?

Currently there is no eta and I cannot say anything about eta. I never know how much time each week I can dedicate for this mod.