SKStim

View File

SKStim

About:  A mod and a sound player application that lets you feel the actions you take in Skyrim via electrical stimulation.
Sound based Estim device is required, preferrably stereo. Files were made with Tri-phase setup in mind, simultaneous events can create unique interferences.

Warning: Use this at your own risk!
Be aware of proper use of your device, turn it off before you touch the electrodes with your hand, never stim above waist etc. Play safe!

Features: 

- A folder structure to place your own signals in.

- Menu to select a separate output for the signals. 
    - Stimulation when you get hit in combat.

- Stimulation when you cast spells (only vanilla so far).

- Stimulation for sex scenes.
    - Stimulation for Devious Devices events and plugs.
    - Stimulation for movement while wearing plugs

- more stimulation to come... :P
This is a work in progress, the features are there but they need more testing, compatibility and content. Expect bugs.

Requirements: 

Essential: 
        SKSE64: http://skse.silverlock.org/
        SexLab Framework: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/91861-sexlab-framework-se-163-beta-8-november-22nd-2019/

and its requirements.

Content:

SexLab Aroused: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5482-sexlab-aroused-redux-sse-version-29/

Devious Devices SE: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5878-devious-devices-se/ 

follow the link for installation instructions and for all its requirements.
   Soft requirements are any mod that lets you access the content of above mods, such as Cursed Loot or SexLab Eager NPCs.

VR compatible.

LE compatible. since 0.4

Installation & Usage: Use a mod installer or unpack and drop it in your game folder. Connect your device to the PC. Fire up SKStim.exe from ...Skyrim/Data/SKSstim/ and choose the appropriate output for your device. Wire up and play the calibration signal to find the right strenght for you. Then activate the app by clicking "Listening to game:" ON.
Signals: Each stim file is placed in a subfolder in Skstim/Signals/..., you can replace these files in the subfolders or add multiple to the same folder for variety (in this case a signal will be randomly chosen from the specified folder once an event with that name triggers). If you leave a folder empty a signal from the associated _Default folder will play. Filenames dont matter, extension needs to be .mp3 .wav or .ogg . 44100Hz 32bit .

Looking for testers!  If you like this stuff please help with your feedback. You can check out volumeReport.txt in the apps folder to get an idea whats going on when something is not playing as expected & send it to me. Share your own signals! I'd be happy to get signals that are more enjoyable or sync up to the events better, we could be making different signal packs or just diversify them if there is interest. Sex scenes are not meant to sync for now instead the signals are continous, but DD events could be synced better. Spells are also poorly categorized, I dont have the capacity to check which animation matches which category better, but it would be easy for me to put them elsewhere or create a new category or two based on feedback.

Known Issues: 

- Not all shocking events are implemented, sometimes it doesnt play a signal.

- Horse riding signal plays when the horse stands still.

- Healing signal might play for healing potions.

-a few AV on virustotal reports a false positive for my exe. If anyone knows pyinstaller I might need help with building a custom bootloader for it. I think all reputable and almost all others let it pass though, defender is fine too.

Credits: Huge thanks to Mr.Private creator of the controller-vibe mod for letting me use his script as a basis and solving many of my issues.
    Visio Diaboli & SkyLover37 for helping with papyrus and Steinfunk for feedback.
    Some signals are from lolol2-s amazing Estim Tower tease on Milovana.

enjoy,
    Saky

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/17/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE64, SexLab
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Yes

Congrats on your release! I helped get Mr. Private's butthesda code a hook for SkyrimVR over on this discord and have been following your mod development.  Any chance for a tutorial on estim for the uninitiated? Maybe add a FAQ with a few links (solid knowledge base for estim, purchasable equipment, or DIY for the tech types).  I love the idea of adding as much immersion as possible to my skyrimVR experience but am not knowledgeable at all about how estim would differ from the haptics provided by controller as vibe.

Edit: Actually I just stumbled on your post...

Would still love a FAQ / How To

Thanks! Im not very familiar with commercial devices, sound based stereo devices are quite expensive and they modulate the signals which can make them incompatible with some soundfiles. Ofcourse they are more convenient ,more compact and plug and play.
2B is the most popular, its suffers most from screening out signals , but Steinfunk has 2B and we havent found a signal yet in my mod which it doesnt play. (not tested it methodically)
ET232 is a similar category in quality and price.

ET312B is sort of the king of commercial devices, mostly unavailable and very expensive with a lot of functions. People replicate it, the DIY version is called MK312. An advanced design for DIY.  BTStim I dont know anything about another expensive brand.  Coyote from DG-labs is a new phone app controlled stereo unit with a very friendly price, dont know if it has mp3 capabilities, i heard rumors about it being a little desensitizing for some. These devices might worth looking into. 
When i was getting into the scene I almost bought an A-box because it plays audio and is in an acceptable price range, but its not stereo so it would have been a bad choice - having 2 channels is a new level and is utilized in all quality content i know.
I decided to go straight to DIY, cheapest, best on popular opinion, stereo, works with soundfiles. Here is a topic on the midistim design: Similar to mine except I dont even have separate volume knobs (i have to set it in windows)
https://milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23302

For me the best place to get help is the Open Estim Chat on discord: https://discord.gg/TeQyTqVxWk
Lots of knowledgeable people there, an other plce is smartstim.com but its currently down -(ive got the midistim shematics from there, ill attach them)

IMG_20210303_202135.jpg

DIY midistim.jpg

MidiStim_partsList_2020-06-28.pdf MidiStim_Schematic.pdf

Feeling
Estim is kind of hard to describe. It contracts the muscles obviously, and can do so in patterns that feel like kneading or stroking, but can also be strong without generating any feelings of movement. It also stimulates the nerves, and high enough current is erection inducing physically in of itself, while feels very sensitive at the same time espacially on sensitive skin area like the glans or clit. However to go where it physically starts to force arousal requires going above a treshold where it borders on painful , the squeeze briefly feels "sharp" but then there is a range where its pleasant after that. It can easily become overstimulation if thats your kink, in fact its not that hard to force an orgasm going even above that (at least with strong enough devices) but that orgasm is more INTENSE than it is pleasurable (and not that its not pleasurable!).
Long /kink side stim sessions can leave a bit tingling /numb felling for a couple hours, but for me its not usual and it can be enjoyable without ramping that high. How it feels is actually a lot dependent on skin area, electrode setup, but also how hydrated and rested you are and state of mind. It takes experimenting to find something really good and on some occasions things are just off and it doesnt end up being a good session. Its not just where the eletrodes are and how are they connected to the box but also their area of contact ( smaller = more intense for the same amount of power), also the path between the channels can cross differently, so in this hobby people often search for new combos and new electrodes to try.

Safety

It is safe to stim for hours or every day but i have the appetite for it more in burtsts with longer breaks. There are no known long term negative effects with proper stim. Not everything is safe that conducts electricity - electrolysis can happen with the wrong materials that are not made for this, its a reason why DC is also stricly forbidden, and very low frequencies are not advised. 300-1500Hz are a convenient range, the higher feels smoother the lower is more buzzing,sharper. Too high freq however feels weaker compared to the power it drives through, and this might result in the user ramping up power and in turn the high power that feels weak desensitizing, which leads to more ramping which would lead to some redness /soreness so best avoid. In an extreme case I even heard about blisters...   Carrier frequencies are fine though - very low and high freqs are often added to create effects on the frequency that delivers the power in the normal range.
As mentioned in warning, very important to not let current through the upper body so only stim below waist and dont touch it, usually happens to beginners a few times that they grab the trodes accidentely or reflexively, the actual risk of injury is mostly jumping form suprise and kicking your table or something. Under normal conditions the amperage is close (in magnitude) to what is still safe on the upper body, but most deivces cant deliver that amount of power. Still it would be very foolish to rely on 1 layer of defense, even if there is some malfunction there wont be big trouble if the electricity stay below waist. Wall socket adapter is stronger for commercial devices and my midistim only has that option so its mandatory to get double insulated and something with a brand name. EU certified CE(conformiteé european not chinese export, they made the sign look almost identical on purpose... ) so dont save on the adapter. Better not stim with adapter when there is a storm obviously.

Its important to have clean and shaven (but not freshly shaven, there are micro-skin injuries for 2-3days after shaving) body areas to avoid stinging, so a good contact area.
Might take some getting used to espcially with DIY, there is a bit of fear in the beginning but then we get used to it that its reliable. More experienced people know what its like when you get an unexpected shock (lets say accidentaly turning up the knob or the volume jumping in some program) so its not scary anymore. Your computer volume needs to be close to max to begin with, 1 for the desired strenght but 2, so that the max volume is not that big of a jump. I think i rambled a bit about everything its long enough now :D

1 hour ago, ramparam34 said:

MxR needs to cover this in his skyrim mods weekly... 

XD

i wouldnt be suurprised , i know there are a lot of mods but weekly report for years.. huh he must be scraping the barrel from time to time

This looks INCREDIBLY cool. I've never heard of a device like this, at all, and I think just glancing over it, even though I've got a beginner's electronics background (essentially I can make LEDs go and I can put together a kit from a list of off the shelf parts) but I don't know that I'd be comfortable making something like this on my own. The mod looks so so so cool though. May I ask why Devious Devices specifically is required?

11 hours ago, unknownwake said:

This looks INCREDIBLY cool. I've never heard of a device like this, at all, and I think just glancing over it, even though I've got a beginner's electronics background (essentially I can make LEDs go and I can put together a kit from a list of off the shelf parts) but I don't know that I'd be comfortable making something like this on my own. The mod looks so so so cool though. May I ask why Devious Devices specifically is required?

Thanks. I will check if i can make it not a hard requirement for the next version. Hovever estim is essentially a form of masturbation, my vision so to speak was to feel the plugs when moving around and when they force pleasure/pain on the wearer. Just my kink. Combat is more for immersion but doesnt provide much in terms of pleasure (maybe with the exception of channeling spell like flames or healing which can last longer). You can watch sex scenes as long as you want though so it would be certainly feasible to play the mod for that.
Assembling is easy, some resistors and audio transformers plus a mini hifi (the type matters a lot it needs to be resilient for this kind of use with a fluctuating load (the body) . The rest can be tailored to your possibilities , i only recently soldered mine together before that i just screwed the wires in into terminal blocks, including the wires that go to the electrodes.
The hardest part is drilling an aluminum plate to mount everything on, it is needed to dissipate heat but probably not essential with large enough resistors. So there are not many ways to screw up, just have to connect the correct wires - i think its the same stuff as what is inside commerical devices minus the screen and programs.  The transformers are isolated, meaning they create a magnet with a coil around an iron rod, and the other side of the transformer has an insulated coil which picks up electricity from the magnet, so how much can be picked up is definietly limited. The adapter is also isolating but its also possible to design a battery version.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/14/2021 at 7:35 AM, Buckandisdead said:

Great Mod so far

Any chance of adding triggers for zaz 8 like the whipping etc so it triggers with sublola etc

Ta

Buck

I havent tried but definietly want to look into the whipping if it doesnt work.  Im just not really able to wire up nowadays. Have you tried that it does not work?  Because in theory there should be a default signal on all attacks that are not identified as some specific weapon. So if the game does register it as an attack it should already do something. aaand since it does damage, i was hoping....

20 hours ago, Sakyazel said:

I havent tried but definietly want to look into the whipping if it doesnt work.  Im just not really able to wire up nowadays. Have you tried that it does not work?  Because in theory there should be a default signal on all attacks that are not identified as some specific weapon. So if the game does register it as an attack it should already do something. aaand since it does damage, i was hoping....

I will give it another go soon hopefully. I am using a 2B system and I have read it can have trouble with sound files that are for pain so I might swap with other ones.

Ta

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2021 at 6:48 AM, Buckandisdead said:

I will give it another go soon hopefully. I am using a 2B system and I have read it can have trouble with sound files that are for pain so I might swap with other ones.

Ta

Did you find some working files? The bundled files indeed seem to give issues with the 2B. On Audacity you can clearly see the entire file is filed with sound but the 2B only plays small parts of it when calibrating or using the mod ingame. From what I understand the 2B can't process specific frequencyranges. 

22 hours ago, naaitsab said:

Did you find some working files? The bundled files indeed seem to give issues with the 2B. On Audacity you can clearly see the entire file is filed with sound but the 2B only plays small parts of it when calibrating or using the mod ingame. From what I understand the 2B can't process specific frequencyranges. 

Sorry it been a bit difficult to get on a do some testing at the moment but I will have a go at some point. The healing and sex triggers work great at the moment and I do get output for footsteps with plugs which can be a bit temperamental which I quite like to be fair. It is just the pain output I need to see if I can get a suitable sound file for. I might go on the e-stim 2b forum and ask about.

Ta  

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2021 at 9:57 AM, Sakyazel said:

Thanks. I will check if i can make it not a hard requirement for the next version. Hovever estim is essentially a form of masturbation, my vision so to speak was to feel the plugs when moving around and when they force pleasure/pain on the wearer. Just my kink. Combat is more for immersion but doesnt provide much in terms of pleasure (maybe with the exception of channeling spell like flames or healing which can last longer). You can watch sex scenes as long as you want though so it would be certainly feasible to play the mod for that.
Assembling is easy, some resistors and audio transformers plus a mini hifi (the type matters a lot it needs to be resilient for this kind of use with a fluctuating load (the body) . The rest can be tailored to your possibilities , i only recently soldered mine together before that i just screwed the wires in into terminal blocks, including the wires that go to the electrodes.
The hardest part is drilling an aluminum plate to mount everything on, it is needed to dissipate heat but probably not essential with large enough resistors. So there are not many ways to screw up, just have to connect the correct wires - i think its the same stuff as what is inside commerical devices minus the screen and programs.  The transformers are isolated, meaning they create a magnet with a coil around an iron rod, and the other side of the transformer has an insulated coil which picks up electricity from the magnet, so how much can be picked up is definietly limited. The adapter is also isolating but its also possible to design a battery version.

Hey there!

Thanks for not requiring DD. When it comes to my bits, I like it vanilla, in the "not ouchy" sense.

This is really cool. I tested it, only with headphones, and I noticed a high degree of static (crackle/pop) coming out of the headphones, along with the stim signal. Is this normal? Maybe it wouldn't be an issue since they're not tones, but I did worry a bit that it might be painful.

I also, I noticed that 2 different positions seemed to be playing the same file. Is there only one vag file and that's it? Just checking so I know.

On the practical side, is there a better way to control Sexlab so you're not hitting matchmaker and getting 25 seconds of stim and then she gets up and walks away? I'm in VR FYI.

Also, while your box looks nice and fancy, it's also intimidating. The layman can easily build a "Davy Box" with a cheapo chinese ipod speaker set from Ebay. I use the supplied USB cable for power (wrapped my box in tape for reinforcement, so the battery cover can't come off, ever), and I haven't died yet. ;)

I've had it for years.

It's also wired in a triphase config. This is what I use.....like, identical to the one in the pic but a different color. The transformers appear to be smaller than yours, but it's cheap and easy to build. I have my own designs of 'trodes , but the ones shown would work fine. Any heavier gauge (couple mm thick) bendy solid copper wire is great for making them.

Davy Box instructions below, if the site will let me....

kupdf.net_cheap-e-stim(1).pdf

Edited by villcorndog

As for stim files, you can find the motherlode here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ynxgw-CYAshL5eLZhnyVqeYrBI-pT4Oq

They come from https://socialstim.org

Feel free to chop them up as needed and add them to your release. Also look into Blurby's "Pep" series, particularly Pep 8. I'll see if I can attach the audio here (normally there's video too). OK got it, but this is only the last 20 minutes (the best part).

I'm particularly fond of V91's work. "How Long Can You Last 2" is pretty much the pinnacle.

Be careful mixing and matching files/authors (like in a playlist), as volumes and frequencies WILL vary and you don't want any surprises. When you're wired up, test the mp3 out in your media player (player volume around 70-75% to prevent "preamp" distortion) with the box volume off, and slowly turn the box up. (then gently toss it on the floor, out of reach, sit on your hands, and milk yourself silly, Instant self bondage!!! LOL)

PEP8 edit.mp3

Edited by villcorndog

I figured I'd be brave and try it for real, and first time out I was pretty impressed. I definitely like the choice of files and don't plan on changing anything right away. Just need to figure out how to tweak my SL timeout times so I can test it at length without having to keep re-initiating the sex0rz.

But holy shit it was just the thing I'd been wishing someone would make.  If this guy knew about it, his head would explode:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comments/oqy16k/skyrim_vr_nsfw_mod_guide_the_most_immersive_adult/

I don't know 100% if I could ever really "deliver the goods" this way, especially until I do some pruning in SL, due to half my anims causing me to clip through the girl in some weird way ('cause VR), but it'll be fun to try!

Edited by villcorndog
  • 1 month later...
On 9/29/2021 at 6:38 PM, villcorndog said:

I don't know 100% if I could ever really "deliver the goods" this way, especially until I do some pruning in SL,

Ohhh man, did I ever. After some false starts, I made my own replacement set of of audio files for SL, all edited from a stimfile that I'd had success with in the past ("How Long Can You Last 2" by V91). Just took the ending, typically always the best part, and cut out and used bits that were the correct speed to match the stage (with some variation within, to keep it interesting) and replaced all the stages, and the calibration file.

Attached below is the new audio. I don't recommend mixing them with the default stimfiles, because of potential differences in volume between the 2 sets of files. So zip up your Sexlab & Calibration folder in SKStim_v0.4.1\SKStim\Signals\, for safekeeping, delete the folders (or just the contents), and then install or manually add the SexLab and Calibration folders from the archive.

Tips and observations:

• Make sure your sexlab is set up the way you like for best results, before seriously trying it (i.e. expecting results, rather than just dipping your tip in the water). Excluding scenes you don't like, mainly. Export your SL profile, so you have a backup of your prefs
  • Set your stages to manually advance, so it's not rushing you along. I have my space bar set to advance to the next stage of the current position, and my Alt key set to skip to the next position. If you're enjoying the scene, don't rush. There are only 3 to 5 stages per scene, so it pays to hang out for a while if you like what you see/feel.
  • Triphase/3-electrode setup recommended. Recommended 'trode placement is Channel 1/A/Left to head/glans, Common to shaft/scrote (I did a shaft ring) and 2/B/Right to perineum or outer bumhole area (or prostate if you prefer). A stick-on electrode can work at the small of your back/top of your buttcrack, if these other options are not comfortable for you, but the sensation will be less intense and is more like a placeholder so you have someplace to stick all 3.
  • After you're wired up, use the calibration, but don't just calibrate initially. Leave it running, to get you warmed up, and keep it running until you're where you want to be in the game and ready to initiate sex. THEN turn off calibration and switch to "Listening to game". I ended up needing to turn mine up a fair little bit, even after calibrating, because the stage 1 signals are appropriately subtle.
  • Don't be afraid to turn it up. These are matched files, all from the same larger file. There aren't any shocks or unpleasant surprises. It may feel good now, but you may find if you turn it up more, there may be another level of pleasant sensations you'd be missing otherwise. As long as it doesn't sting, you're good. However, sometimes turning it up too high can mask more subtle sensations, so look for balance.
  • When you see the "whiteout" screen effect, that means you've made it to the last stage, so don't advance the stage again unless you're ready to get kicked out of the scene (assuming you're using Matchmaker). If you're close, stick with it. I did add a few additional "finisher" files to the last stage that aren't part of the original, so there's some variety there too.
  • Disable the cum stain visual effect if you find it distracting (it happens at the start of the whiteout scene, when you're not necessarily done). Sometimes it makes her girl's ass look dirty, or other unexpected side effects. If all goes well, you'll have plenty of visual effects IRL to clean up.
  • I had to disable the "snapping vagina" effect from CBPC (or at least I think I did, or I got lucky with my positions) because it was distracting and kinda gross, by going into the CBPCollisionConfig.txt file and setting both vagina opening settings to zero.
  • I had to go through a few positions (all stages or skipping with Alt) before I settled into a groove and "made it work", so to speak. The sun was in the top of the sky when I started (in Skyrim) and night when I finished, so take your time and keep casting Matchmaker to start a new scene, until everything feels right, you like what you see, and you get where you need to be.

Good luck!

SKStim_v0.4.1.7z

Edited by villcorndog
  • 2 weeks later...

I see you are using file io to communicate to your program.  Have you thought about using a network interface?

I wrote this years ago and have not gotten around to making it work with skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/43508/

I am currently running LE so I can test this mod for you.  I wish papyrus had networking capability.

I have not modded much on skyrim, but is there any lua interface plugins/mods?  Because lua has networking built in.

• 1 month later...