[mod] RJW Events

So, a bit of a dunce right now but have you added in the ritual event thing to the mod yet?
As in can I set my pawns up to engage in an orgy instead of say like burning an icon?

Sorry if someone already said this on the prior page I did read through the whole page, but my brain is slightly fried on fully comprehending what is and isn't added yet XD

7 hours ago, SeloFox said:

So, a bit of a dunce right now but have you added in the ritual event thing to the mod yet?
As in can I set my pawns up to engage in an orgy instead of say like burning an icon?

Sorry if someone already said this on the prior page I did read through the whole page, but my brain is slightly fried on fully comprehending what is and isn't added yet XD

yep but it's very WIP, check out the latest comment in ideo addons for details

On 7/28/2021 at 2:25 AM, c0ffeeeee said:

You'll need to figure out how RimWorld vanilla handles it, because the orgy event is based off that.

Oh? So like, according to Jokemort, I'll just have to keep my colonist's mood above average, and provide other requirements like beer and smokeleaf for entertainment? Honestly, I have no idea how vanilla events work, but ill give it a shot. By the way, is it possible to modify your orgy mod with another event? 

23 hours ago, Haraldh said:

Just wanted to leave a pic of my shrine with the orgy ritual :)

orgy.png

Oh GOOD LORD!!! Even the pregnant women are getting on it....... Can you imagine being a baby inside your mother's womb, and you realized that something is poking your head violently? The guys be like "ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Is it possible to add a random chance for any non-prude pawns to sometimes join orgy event, even if doesn't possess free lovin' meme in their ideology?  Never seem to get Hospitality mod inn/restaurant going, but now that orgy event can tie into ideology... seems like a good time to convert recruit new ideoligion members and then send them off into the world.  Same thing for Royalty DLC visitors, or even I guess just regular trade caravans.

Plus, can I guess also add sex incense as a more direct means of affecting the parameter (since I'm assuming that mental hediffs like drunk or stoned would also increase likelihood of joining the orgy, even if they don't join ideoligion).  Food for thought?

Edit: thinking about this more, this might require a sub-mod, dunno if game will freak out looking for stuff that isn't DLC if player hasn't bought it... or I guess since C0ffeeee already has an ideology specific sub-mod, might have to just copy orgy code into that.

Edited by ghostfalll
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm getting this weird behavior where all pawns will all run towards the bottom left corner of the map then run back towards the gathering/ritual spot .  Current action will say "spectating". This will either happen either before or after some pawns get a quickie in before the event will end.  Running on 1.3 ideology.

Going to add to the above.  I'm experiencing the same bug.

I know that it supposed to be a wild, fun time, and the idea of a stream of people stripping and running naked into the woods tickles my sense of amusements, but when they do it in -75 degree weather, or during a manhunter event...well..

7 hours ago, vocalsnake said:

Im not sure why but every time i try to start the orgy event it starts off but cancels. Either way thanks for the mod. 

if the game itself doesn't give you a reason, then you should get a hugslog for the community to look through for errors.

try starting the event and after it fails press ctrl+F12 to create a hugslog and then link it here, it contains your mod list, load order and everything else important

14 hours ago, SingleForLife said:

if the game itself doesn't give you a reason, then you should get a hugslog for the community to look through for errors.

try starting the event and after it fails press ctrl+F12 to create a hugslog and then link it here, it contains your mod list, load order and everything else important

Pretty much the same for me.

log

new colony with even less RJ mods
Why do I even try to read these logs myself lol

//nvm, works with RimWorld.v1.3.3087

Edited by fintushamy
On 8/11/2021 at 9:18 PM, Geeser said:

I'm getting this weird behavior where all pawns will all run towards the bottom left corner of the map then run back towards the gathering/ritual spot .  Current action will say "spectating". This will either happen either before or after some pawns get a quickie in before the event will end.  Running on 1.3 ideology.

I'm also getting this bug.  All pawns go to the bottom left corner of the map, then return to the gathering area before the orgy starts.

I suspect there's some bug in determining the location of the event, so it sends them to a default location before continuing?  Hope this gets fixed soon.  Love the mod.

I have both RJW Events and Milkable Colonists but get this warning. Where should they be placed after RJW or does it matter?

Spoiler

[c0ffee's RJW Ideology Addons] Warning, you're missing the following soft dependencies: missing RJW Events, orgies will NOT be included; missing RJW Milkable Colonists, hucow and lactation will NOT be included; Features involving those mods will be disabled.
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Verse.Log:Warning (string)
C0ffee_s_RJW_Ideology_Addons.SoftDependencyChecker:.cctor ()
(wrapper dynamic-method) System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.RunClassConstructor_Patch1 (System.RuntimeTypeHandle)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility:Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility.CallAll_Patch1 ()
Verse.PlayDataLoader/<>c:<DoPlayLoad>b__4_3 ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate (bool&)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Root:Verse.Root.Update_Patch1 (Verse.Root)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update ()

Edited by AoiUma
On 8/15/2021 at 11:44 AM, dastardlii said:

I'm also getting this bug.  All pawns go to the bottom left corner of the map, then return to the gathering area before the orgy starts.

I suspect there's some bug in determining the location of the event, so it sends them to a default location before continuing?  Hope this gets fixed soon.  Love the mod.

It happens for me too, but so far I've only seen it when the orgy is randomly called by colonists, not when hosting using the other mod as a ritual orgy. It may have something to do with the location, since my ritual spot is rather spacious and there's lots of room, but some of the other places they've called it randomly aren't so much.

Edited by Dehlaz
10 hours ago, Dehlaz said:

It happens for me too, but so far I've only seen it when the orgy is randomly called by colonists, not when hosting using the other mod as a ritual orgy. It may have something to do with the location, since my ritual spot is rather spacious and there's lots of room, but some of the other places they've called it randomly aren't so much.

That's true.  It's only been buggy when the orgy happens randomly.

Update seems to have fixed it. I enjoy the mod, seems to work well, especially with the ideology add-on. I wonder, as a suggestion, if it would be possible to make lover relationships more common to form during/after the orgy? It'd be a neat side-effect that isn't really done elsewhere.

Thanks for the mod! Is there a way to activate this event only with celebrations? I use RJW Ideology Addons, also could be cool a config button to edit the chances of the event.

Edited by ReusBox
I just wanted to add the config part
  • 5 weeks later...

Fun mod!  Quirky, though.  I've noticed pawns have a tendency to body-check one another off a prospective sex partner to take their place, which can lead to straight males getting pretty gay.  I like to think this is why my first naturally-occurring orgy was canceled, due to a social fight between two male rivals that followed a face-fucking.  No, I don't mind when the straight females end up with each other, I'm a hypocrite like that.  Or when incest taboos get violated in the heat of the moment, I'm kinky like that.

There's also a tendency toward "flesh piles," as I call them, where pawns knocked off a partner due to the above quirk, or who have wandered right on top of a lovin' couple, end up getting engaged by another free pawn, leading to a stack of sweaty, moaning flesh.  Which is entirely appropriate for an orgy, I suppose, but not visually appealing.  I find it helps to set the party spot in a room (or even outdoors area) with plenty of space, but even so I've found myself temporarily drafting pawns to move them apart.

I think the mod also interacts strangely with Ed86's sex machines, or at least I thought it was strange that a woman left the orgy to cross the base to sit on a fucking machine.  And I also may need to tinker with the Sexperience Ideology update regarding arousal levels, since it seems like pawns' sex drives were actually revved-up following the orgy, or maybe I was just surprised they had any energy left afterward. As an aside, I found it amusing yet entirely appropriate that nearly all of the men who participated were sexually satisfied at the end of it, but several women ended up having to take rides on the sybian afterward.

Finally, there's an issue where the instant the orgy officially ends, everyone pulls out, gets dressed, and gets on with their day.  But that also applies to any sex acts that triggered during a special event like a ritual or ceremony, and isn't really this mod's fault.

So like I said, quirky, but a great mod. It's a chance for single colonists to get their rocks off, new arrivals to get to know everyone in a biblical sense, and generally improve social bonds and colonist mood. 

A suggestion, if I may - to differentiate a "normal" orgy event that a colonist might start like a less sexy party, and the orgy rituals from your Ideology Addons mod, perhaps the latter could be a longer affair?  Sort of like how a feast event can go on and on.  I like the idea of a holy day where pawns are wandering naked through the colony and hooking up with anyone they happen across.

Edited by Whozzat
spacing
10 hours ago, Shuuu said:

So i have this installed and i don't see any of the custom stuff, incest toggle, nothing. just default stuff. Is this still working or is it my end?

This mod only adds an orgy event that can randomly happen, just like a party. Other mods may make use of that event.

You are probably thinking about either coffees ideology mod (that adds hucows) or sexperience or sex cult essentials, though sce is still in development and shouldn't be used yet.