Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Harvesting Humans (for SSE)

View File

Content Warning: gore, cannibalism

 

Hello all, this is my first mod. There were some other mods out there similar to this, but not like how I wanted it. So I decided to try making it myself.

 

Description:
In short, this mod let's you harvest resources (meat and bones) from slain humans, as well as from Elves, Orcs, Khajiits and Argonians.


When slain, a vanilla-race NPC will drop:

2-4 human meat (or Elf/Orc/Khajiit/Argonian meat as appropriate)
1 human heart
2 random bones (see pic for list)

 

The different races drop different meats with unique alchemical effects:
Nords, Imperials, Bretons, and Redguards drop human meat (same effects as human flesh).
Altmer, Bosmer, and Dunmer drop Elf meat.
Orcs, Khajiits, and Argonians each have their own meats.

 

Alchemical effects for the meats:

Spoiler

Human (same as Human flesh):

Damage Health

Paralysis

Restore Magicka

Fortify Sneak

 

Argonian:
Damage health
Cure disease
Waterbreathing
Fortify lockpicking


Khajiit:
Damage health
Night eye (there is no other ingredient with Night Eye in vanilla skyrim, so unless you get another from a mod this is purely for flavor)
Restore stamina
Fortify sneak


Elf:
Damage health
Frenzy
Damage magicka
Fortify destruction


Orc:
Damage health
Damage stamina
Fortify smithing
Fortify enchanting

 

Crafting:

You can craft the bones you collect into bone meal. You do this at the grain mills added in Hearthfire (the same ones where you make flour).

You can also craft Bags of Fertilizer from bone meal at the mills. These don't do anything except sell for a good amount.

Spoiler

There aren't very many of these mills in the game, so you may want to use the console to spawn one:

   help "grain mill"

   player.placeatme [the grain mill's ID]

 

You can use the meats to craft the following foods

-At an oven: Human Pie, Elf Dumplings, Khajiit Dumplings, Orc Jerky
-At a cookpot: Bone Broth, Argonian Stew

 

Special Harvestables
You can harvest a special item from a body by activating it while sneaking. Each body can only be harvested once.
Humans: Human Skin
Elves: Elf Ear
Khajiits: Khajiit Pelt
Argonians: Argonian Skin
Orcs: Orc Fat

The skins can make leather. As a bonus, you can also make something extra special from khajiits pelts.

"You'll make a fine rug, cat!".

 

Install:

Nothing special to do. Install it as you would most other mods.

There are no core requirements, but SkyUI is needed if you want the MCM

After installing, you may have to wait a couple minutes for the mod to work properly.

 

Compatibility:
-The mod will work with NPCs added by other mods, as long as they are one of the vanilla races.
-This won't work on any races added by another mod.

-As of V1.2.2, it is now compatible with mods that edit the vanilla races. Make sure "compatibility mode" is active in the MCM.

 

Possible Future Ideas:

-blood harvesting/more special harvest options

-add merchant NPCs

-cooking quests

-a black soul gem/human hunting themed quest

 

 

Spoiler

 

Final word:

Previous to a couple days ago, I had never made a mod of any kind before. I definitely learned a whole lot about modding just from this simple project, but I still feel I only scratched the surface. Kudos to all the modders out there who can make the really good stuff.

 

Let me know if you tried it and it works/doesn't work.

Thanks!

 

 

Changelog:

Spoiler

V1.3.1 (Quick-fix)

-something added in V1.3.0 was breaking dialogue in another mod I was using, so I made a quick-fix for now.

Figured I'd post it in case anyone comes across this issue.

 

V1.3.0

-changed the appearance of elf meat (now looks like human meat) and argonian meat (argonians are now made of chicken)
-added special harvestables. These are acquired by activating a dead body while sneaking

 

V1.2.3

-fixed small typo in the mcm info
-changed the SM node to "share event" so that it won't interfere with other mods that use it

 

V1.2.2

-Added a compatibility mode feature, mod should now work with practically all mods

-uploaded an optional patch that lets vampires drop meat too, for those who wanted that feature

 

V1.2.1 (Housekeeping)
-Cleaned up code
-added an MCM (more options to come).

 

V1.2

-added a short list of craftable foods

 

V1.1

-forgot to include the elder race (elderly people), they drop human meat too now

-added grain mill crafting

-the pelvis model was rescaled. Looks more realistic now

 

V1.0

-initial version

 

 

 

 

 


 

Link to post

Interesting concept. At a glance it looks like your harvestable body parts should have little or no overlap with the more fetishy Namira's Goat harvesting. 

 

Have you considered making the harvested items behave as "always stolen" so guards searching the player will confiscate them and levy bounty fines? Might make it a little riskier to engage in "forbidden alchemy" practices. 

Link to post
4 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

Interesting concept. At a glance it looks like your harvestable body parts should have little or no overlap with the more fetishy Namira's Goat harvesting. 

 

Have you considered making the harvested items behave as "always stolen" so guards searching the player will confiscate them and levy bounty fines? Might make it a little riskier to engage in "forbidden alchemy" practices. 

No I hadn't, but that's a good idea. I can try to add that as an optional feature. On my list of things to do is learn how to make an MCM, so that'll be something I can put there.

Link to post
1 minute ago, CorruptGenie said:

No I hadn't, but that's a good idea. I can try to add that as an optional feature. On my list of things to do is learn how to make an MCM, so that'll be something I can put there.

 

Excellent, I've added this mod to my watchlist for adding to my setup in the future. I'll enjoy keeping an eye on how it develops.

Link to post

idea ability to rebuild bones and a little magic to make skeleton....was kinda disappointed when couldn't do that in oblivion despite being able to collect bones from my travels like I was collecting bones just to perform a little necromancy with them

Link to post
16 hours ago, thedarlec said:

idea ability to rebuild bones and a little magic to make skeleton....was kinda disappointed when couldn't do that in oblivion despite being able to collect bones from my travels like I was collecting bones just to perform a little necromancy with them

 

14 hours ago, ramparam34 said:

Would have been great if necromancers could build their frankenstein superhuman from these parts, unfortunately my modding skills are too trash to make that option

 

I don't think I want to take this mod in too much of a necromancy direction, but I like this idea. That being said, if someone wants to use the bone items from HH to help them make a necromancy themed mod, be my guest. (Really they are vanilla meshes that I just converted into items and rotated their display in the item menus).

And I myself might give that a proper go after I'm happy with this mod.

Link to post

I just realized I never included the scripts folder to this... So I think that means it wasn't working for anyone right? I re-uploaded it. Can anyone confirm that it is working for them? I'm worried I may have forgotten something else.

Link to post
6 hours ago, CorruptGenie said:

I just realized I never included the scripts folder to this... So I think that means it wasn't working for anyone right? I re-uploaded it. Can anyone confirm that it is working for them? I'm worried I may have forgotten something else.

i just tried the newest version on a new save, it's not working.

AddItemMenu can find the items being added (meat and bones etc)

placing a mill and crafting bonemeal is working 

 

...but killing leveled enemy or named npc wont drop any item added by the mod.

Link to post
10 hours ago, lk74 said:

i just tried the newest version on a new save, it's not working.

AddItemMenu can find the items being added (meat and bones etc)

placing a mill and crafting bonemeal is working 

 

...but killing leveled enemy or named npc wont drop any item added by the mod.

Hmm that means the script isn't working for some reason. I'm not sure why. The only other thing that I haven't packaged in the mod is the source file, but I don't think those are supposed to be necessary.

Do you have "HarvestingHumansMeatDropScript.pex" in your Data/Scripts folder?

Link to post
24 minutes ago, CorruptGenie said:

Hmm that means the script isn't working for some reason. I'm not sure why. The only other thing that I haven't packaged in the mod is the source file, but I don't think those are supposed to be necessary.

Do you have "HarvestingHumansMeatDropScript.pex" in your Data/Scripts folder?

These are what I have.

 

Data\Scripts\...

HarvestingHumansDebugScript.pex

HarvestingHumansMeatDropScript.pex

HarvestingHumansStolenTest.pex

Link to post
5 hours ago, lk74 said:

These are what I have.

 

Data\Scripts\...

HarvestingHumansDebugScript.pex

HarvestingHumansMeatDropScript.pex

HarvestingHumansStolenTest.pex

Yep that's all normal to have. Is it possible you have another mod that is overriding the races? Here's a way to check, try this in the console:

 

Type "help harvestinghumans"

you should see a spell called HarvestingHumansMeatDropSpell and an effect called HarvestingHumansMeatDropEffect. Never mind the effect for now.

note the code for the spell and do

player.addspell (the code)

 

it will say one of two things:

-either adding the spell is unsuccessful (that means its already on you, as it should be)

-or it adds the spell to you (that means it wasn't already on you, you might have a mod that is overriding races somehow)

 

 

Link to post

Reporting in. Started a new game to test and everything seems to be working fine. Collected materials, made bone meal, made fertilizer. I even gave myself the Bone Collector perk from Ordinator to try and break it and still got the intended amount of materials off the bodies of the local farmers...I mean bandits.

Link to post
On 3/30/2021 at 8:03 PM, gregaaz said:

 

Excellent, I've added this mod to my watchlist for adding to my setup in the future. I'll enjoy keeping an eye on how it develops.

Ok turns out making the meats "stolen" is not as simple as it sounds. You can't just add the "stolen" version of an item to an inventory because stolen items are specific object instances, not a general form. I feel like I almost had a work-around and I can make the items stolen but when I try to add them to the body they become cleansed of their stolen status. Adding directly to the player's inventory does work fine, but not adding to the slain enemy's body for some reason.

 

Anyways,here is a proof of concept if you want to try it out. It just places the drops on top of the corpse instead of inside. But they are marked as stolen.

Harvesting_Humans_ILLEGAL_MEATS_Concept_Proof.zip

Link to post
12 minutes ago, Scholarly Badger said:

Reporting in. Started a new game to test and everything seems to be working fine. Collected materials, made bone meal, made fertilizer. I even gave myself the Bone Collector perk from Ordinator to try and break it and still got the intended amount of materials off the bodies of the local farmers...I mean bandits.

Awesome, glad to hear it works on someone's game other than my own. I was beginning to worry I missed something. Thanks for confirming.

Link to post
30 minutes ago, CorruptGenie said:

Ok turns out making the meats "stolen" is not as simple as it sounds. You can't just add the "stolen" version of an item to an inventory because stolen items are specific object instances, not a general form. I feel like I almost had a work-around and I can make the items stolen but when I try to add them to the body they become cleansed of their stolen status. Adding directly to the player's inventory does work fine, but not adding to the slain enemy's body for some reason.

 

Anyways,here is a proof of concept if you want to try it out. It just places the drops on top of the corpse instead of inside. But they are marked as stolen.

Harvesting_Humans_ILLEGAL_MEATS_Concept_Proof.zip 187.96 kB · 0 downloads

 

Interesting, I will check it out if time permits -- working on another project right now but may be able to delve into this over the weekend. I'll also poke around some other mods that make things illegal and let you know if I come across a technical approach that lets overcomes the limitation you hit. 

Link to post

I reached out to another author who did something similar for lockpicks and skooma to see if they have any advice on an efficient way to make these items illegal.

Link to post
12 hours ago, CorruptGenie said:

it will say one of two things:

-either adding the spell is unsuccessful (that means its already on you, as it should be)

-or it adds the spell to you (that means it wasn't already on you, you might have a mod that is overriding races somehow)

 

Retried on the old savefile. turns out I was lazy and use alternate start to get myself into a vampire den, and none of the vampires (including me) have the spell.

 

Started a new game in a bandit camp, I use console to addspell on everyone (including myself) and all failed (which mean we all have the spell ?), but i console killed everyone and none dropped anything.

So I decompiled the pex codes and add some messagebox, and it seems the OnDying function never ran, at least in my case...

 

As for racial override, TESEdit show that SL survival somehow got involved. I deactivate it, and got a new save, and now it works (including the messagebox i added, which add to my theory that OnDying never ran in the previous case)

Turns out, SL survival also add a spell to every race...

guess i'll need to take a look into the esp file to find out how SL survival messed with your spell's activation condition...

 

... and i just did. sadly, still got no clue why it didnt work.

 

10 hours ago, gregaaz said:

I reached out to another author who did something similar for lockpicks and skooma to see if they have any advice on an efficient way to make these items illegal.

 

If by lockpicks and skooma you mean Body Search, then i dont believe that mod actually works by making these items illegal... more like he used the guard forcegreet and scan player item as a workaround...

Link to post
5 hours ago, lk74 said:

 

Retried on the old savefile. turns out I was lazy and use alternate start to get myself into a vampire den, and none of the vampires (including me) have the spell.

 

Started a new game in a bandit camp, I use console to addspell on everyone (including myself) and all failed (which mean we all have the spell ?), but i console killed everyone and none dropped anything.

So I decompiled the pex codes and add some messagebox, and it seems the OnDying function never ran, at least in my case...

 

As for racial override, TESEdit show that SL survival somehow got involved. I deactivate it, and got a new save, and now it works (including the messagebox i added, which add to my theory that OnDying never ran in the previous case)

Turns out, SL survival also add a spell to every race...

guess i'll need to take a look into the esp file to find out how SL survival messed with your spell's activation condition...

 

... and i just did. sadly, still got no clue why it didnt work.

 

 

If by lockpicks and skooma you mean Body Search, then i dont believe that mod actually works by making these items illegal... more like he used the guard forcegreet and scan player item as a workaround...

Yes, I should have mentioned somewhere, at the moment vampires are excluded since they're different races that the nonvampires. I could add them if you want, I figured that since vampires are the predators of humans they wouldn't be harvestable as food. But thats not exactly sound logic.

 

That's odd that it didn't work for the bandits when they had the spell on them. Perhaps, since the OnDying event sorts by the target's race, maybe the other mod changes the ID of the races? In that case it wouldn't be able to properly know which meat to drop.

 

I'm currently looking for a way to add my spell to the races at runtime instead of editing their data directly. That would increase compatibility to most mods I think. My best idea so far is to look at the race script source and maybe extend it somehow so that I can addspells to a race.

Link to post

for the race / vampire part, i might have some idea (learn from SL defeat)

Spoiler

 

Event OnEffectStart(Actor Target, Actor Caster)

   string Racename = Target.GetRace()

   if StringUtil.Find(RaceName, "RedguardRace") > 0

      (insert your code here)

   endif

 

 

this would include vampire race (RedguardRaceVampire)

StringUtil is part of SKSE, players would all have it, but on the modders side you might need to find SKSE's source script...which can be tricky.

 

from what i've seen (from Namira's Goat and a little of CACO), those mods add the spell on player (or on specific enchanted items) to apply magic effect onto enemy rather than alter racial data. 

maybe you could learn from Ordinator's bone collector perk ? or DCL's key spawning mechanic ?

Link to post
5 hours ago, lk74 said:

 

Event OnEffectStart(Actor Target, Actor Caster)

   string Racename = Target.GetRace()

   if StringUtil.Find(RaceName, "RedguardRace") > 0

      (insert your code here)

   endif

That's good to know. In V1.2, I updated the script so that it takes the races as a FormList input. So if I want to add vampires I could just drag and drop them into there. Though this way that you show would also account for if another mod changes the name of a raceIDs for some reason.

 

 

5 hours ago, lk74 said:

those mods add the spell on playe

Adding the spell on the player is definitely possible (I was following parts of this to make the mod https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Dynamically_Attaching_Scripts )Their method is basically you have a very large invisible cloak spell that's always active, all actors within get the meatdrop script attached. But to me that seemed unnecessarily computationally demanding. I could be wrong about that, I didn't try it. It also sounds like it wouldn't work if you sniped someone from very long range, or if an actor dies in an unloaded cell (and you've never encountered them previously). These are fringe cases, but editing the races was also easier so that's why I went with that. My long term plan was to find a better way.

Link to post
1 hour ago, CorruptGenie said:

Adding the spell on the player is definitely possible (I was following parts of this to make the mod https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Dynamically_Attaching_Scripts )Their method is basically you have a very large invisible cloak spell that's always active, all actors within get the meatdrop script attached. But to me that seemed unnecessarily computationally demanding. I could be wrong about that, I didn't try it. It also sounds like it wouldn't work if you sniped someone from very long range, or if an actor dies in an unloaded cell (and you've never encountered them previously). These are fringe cases, but editing the races was also easier so that's why I went with that. My long term plan was to find a better way.

!

For god's sake dont use cloak. There are already plenty of mods using cloak, and each puts a strain on game engine.

 

Although I do not know how to do it (Im currently reworking Namira's Goat which has an enchanted weapon used to apply MGEF, adding item to enemy inventory... not what you're aiming for)

speaking off the top of my head, I would look for effects that come into effect 'when player interact with an inventory', and check if the 'inventory' hasKeyword ActorNPC, then check if the actor has a spell 'alreadyharvested' on it, if not, then add meat in its inventory, then add a spell 'alreadyharvested' on this actor (so the same actor cannot be harvested twice)

pseudocode:

Spoiler

Event on

if (akTarget.hasKeyword("ActorNPC") and (akTarget.isDead)

   if not (akTarget.hasspell("alreadyHarvested")

      (insert code here) 

      akTarget.addspell("alreadyHarvested")

....basically this is how Namira's Goat achieved its harvesting. The tricky part (and the part I have no knowledge of) would be the 'when player interact with an inventory' part.

 

... which is why I suggest take at look at DCL (Deviously Cursed Loot). That mod had a function doing exactly what I described : when player interact with a container (including humanoid) the mod would add keys randomly.

but DCL's function does not work with mods circumventing 'container interaction' (such as Quick Loot)

 

just took a peak in CK wiki, maybe something like GetCurrentCrosshairRef (as explained in this post by Jaxonz) ?

Im too tired to tell if this is simply a bad idea or a really really horrible idea.... anyway that's it for me

 

my hope still lies within Ordinator's Bone collector code. if stars align, i would have the chance to study Ordinator's code in one month or two...

Link to post
53 minutes ago, lk74 said:

For god's sake dont use cloak. There are already plenty of mods using cloak, and each puts a strain on game engine.

Yeah thats what I meant by "seemed unnecessarily computationally demanding".

 

53 minutes ago, lk74 said:

effects that come into effect 'when player interact with an inventory',

I think I would know how to pull something like that off, but I'll have to save that idea for later (I'm not at my modding computer right now and I may not be able to work on it much for a few days). When I can, I'll try it.

 

Link to post

Definitely digging this mod.  I'm really looking forward to the merchants being added.  A lot of my characters aren't cannibals per se but they are ruthlessly practical and unlikely to turn down an opportunity to make money.  Could I suggest adding specific organs to the mix?

Link to post
1 hour ago, Storms1 said:

Definitely digging this mod.  I'm really looking forward to the merchants being added.  A lot of my characters aren't cannibals per se but they are ruthlessly practical and unlikely to turn down an opportunity to make money.  Could I suggest adding specific organs to the mix?

Glad you like it! If you like this, then you might also want to check out another mod called Namira's Goat. Iirc there is already a bit of organ harvesting in that mod. Although the main difference is that NG is only meant for female characters I believe.

 

The main problem for me adding stuff like organs is that I don't really have the know-how to make custom item models. So for any items I do add, I have to get creative by recycling and slightly tweaking models from the base game. But if I ever get around to learning how to do that (or if someone else would want to make them for me), what kind of organs would you want?

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...