[mod] Character Body Overhaul

1 hour ago, HerChianti said:

That's the one I used, originally, but after realizing it's very old and outdated, I grabbed the file and compared it with the game's own, updated file and used a comparison plugin in N++ to spot what did the mod actually change. And that's where I saw what I shared as a screenshot on my last post.

So, what I did was grab the game's own 01_clothes.txt, change that little bit of code to make people naked in the Ruler Designer and overwrite the mod's outdated file with the new one. So you could say I'm not really using the mod anymore, I updated by myself. But if I switch to your latest version of char_body_overhaul_zip.zip that's when the breast squash happens.

EDIT: Actually let me just upload the clothes file I made to save you the hassle.

01_clothes.txt 81.72 kB · 1 download

Put this in char_body_overhaul\gfx\portraits\portrait_modifiers seems to work. I try to avoid totally updating the mod unless the change is significant, but there's a super esoteric fix in terms of weight painting that I need to upload, so I'll probably update later today. Just want to figure wtf is going on with the barbershop first.

2021_04_09_1.png

01_clothes.txt

33 minutes ago, nz8kfmzt said:

The same happens with full screen barbershop, there naked characters (dropdown no clothes) use the squashed model.

My version of full screen barbershop doesn't seem to have dropdown no clothes, I spend like no time on the steam workshop is that a thing? 

1 hour ago, Mange2020 said:

My version of full screen barbershop doesn't seem to have dropdown no clothes, I spend like no time on the steam workshop is that a thing? 

Full screen barbershop doesn't come with a no clothes option. You have to use another mod in conjunction with it. You can use the old disrobe ruler mod here on LL, or the newer all genes unlocked ruler designer mod from the workshop that has the nude clothes option bundled in (which is what I use).

3 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

This is the one I use, at least. It does show you the "clothed version" of the naked body though and I haven't found a way to make it show the proper naked body. But it was useful at least to confirm that the boob squash was also happening not only in the ruler designer but also on the barbershop.

3 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Put this in char_body_overhaul\gfx\portraits\portrait_modifiers seems to work. I try to avoid totally updating the mod unless the change is significant, but there's a super esoteric fix in terms of weight painting that I need to upload, so I'll probably update later today. Just want to figure wtf is going on with the barbershop first.

2021_04_09_1.png

01_clothes.txt 82.95 kB · 2 downloads

Alrighty, tested it in the Ruler Designer, all good now! (with your latest version of char_body_overhaul_zip.zip in general as well).

Spoiler

capture_rulerdesigner.JPG.d0b07e057cbcf20c069cbf173f65439a.JPG

The Barbershop is still showing the squashed boobs though.

Spoiler

capture_barbershop.JPG.0f177965a5d050b5ea0e81fa3f5e2d5a.JPG

I'm not even going to try to assume what's going on at this point since this is outside my current expertise on CK3 coding. But I'll guess that since the Barbershop is showing the body mesh for clothing and not the true naked body that this is no easy fix.

I can at least confirm that 01_clothes.txt is NOT causing the boob squash. I went back to the "before last" version of your mod Mange with the new clothes file you provided and not only the ruler designer is fine but the barbershop mid-game doesn't get the boob squash. That's all I can do to help really.

31 minutes ago, HerChianti said:

This is the one I use, at least. It does show you the "clothed version" of the naked body though and I haven't found a way to make it show the proper naked body. But it was useful at least to confirm that the boob squash was also happening not only in the ruler designer but also on the barbershop.

Alrighty, tested it in the Ruler Designer, all good now! (with your latest version of char_body_overhaul_zip.zip in general as well).

Reveal hidden contents

capture_rulerdesigner.JPG.d0b07e057cbcf20c069cbf173f65439a.JPG

The Barbershop is still showing the squashed boobs though.

Reveal hidden contents

capture_barbershop.JPG.0f177965a5d050b5ea0e81fa3f5e2d5a.JPG

I'm not even going to try to assume what's going on at this point since this is outside my current expertise on CK3 coding. But I'll guess that since the Barbershop is showing the body mesh for clothing and not the true naked body that this is no easy fix.

Na it shouldn't be super hard. I can't make the outfit use the character's actual body, but I should be able to make it morph to body_average instead. Which at least should look normal. Thanks for your help.

Tested your new update. Everything's perfect!!!!! ??

Ruler Designer works. Barbershop works and it looks at least to me the same as the nude body! No visible neck seams either if weight slider is too high.

If you wanted you could change the name of your mod to something else, you've incorporated two other mods into it and it's grown bigger now! Grats on the great work and I'm glad we could help!

I really like your mod(s), especially the use of variables to influence the characters behaviors.

I have two questions:

The only thing I don't like, is the way the characters' bodies are pushed to extremes, it breaks my immersion to see all these medieval men on steroids , with huge butts. It turns them into caricatures.  I basically like the vanilla character look, for me it only needs a few tweaks and buffs here and there.  Could you tell me what I need to modify in your mod to tone this down?

The animations are great and I realize they are work in progress. If I am not mistaken there is only one working  animation in the mod right now, although looking at the posts other modders are creating more of them.  Is it possible to create a mod which is basically a collection or database of animations (something like the loading screen mods) to which animation creators can add their creations and from which you can pick and choose the ones that fit your event? I intend to see if I can manage to make an animation by reverse engineering your animation but if I am realistic there is like a 99% chance I will fail miserably ?

Keep up the good work.

I'll leave my feedback right here. I tried your mod out, because in general I like the idea of more and different bodies in the game. But I had to delete it again, because many bodies in game don't look realistic and "harmonic" any more. Many of those morphs are too much/overdone, which leads to certain characters with certain traits look like freaks and not like humans any more. A version, which tones down the more extreme morphs would be appreciated. I'd try that one out, but the current one unfortunately isn't to my liking.

4 hours ago, joemann said:

I really like your mod(s), especially the use of variables to influence the characters behaviors.

I have two questions:

The only thing I don't like, is the way the characters' bodies are pushed to extremes, it breaks my immersion to see all these medieval men on steroids , with huge butts. It turns them into caricatures.  I basically like the vanilla character look, for me it only needs a few tweaks and buffs here and there.  Could you tell me what I need to modify in your mod to tone this down?

The animations are great and I realize they are work in progress. If I am not mistaken there is only one working  animation in the mod right now, although looking at the posts other modders are creating more of them.  Is it possible to create a mod which is basically a collection or database of animations (something like the loading screen mods) to which animation creators can add their creations and from which you can pick and choose the ones that fit your event? I intend to see if I can manage to make an animation by reverse engineering your animation but if I am realistic there is like a 99% chance I will fail miserably ?

Keep up the good work.

So if you use if you are using my physical attributes mod then its super easy to adjust the values, its just in script values. While I tried to make the shapes look like the actual range of variation you see in the world, (which I think is much greater than games are willing to show, which in turn skews our perception) its impossible to create something that everyone will like. So I tried to make it as easy as possible to tweak. For genes its default physical values for muscles its muscle_value. There's one other person who has been working on animations, I admit I haven't been, instead focusing on other things when I have time. I know there's one other person working on animations but they haven't sent me a completed one yet. Since all the animations have to be assembled in the asset file I figure people will just have to send them to me and I can add them to the asset file. Otherwise compatibility will be a nightmare.

I really would love other people to get in on animating, its the whole reason I posted this because this mod was really mostly meant as a base of tools that other people can use. Here's my write up on how to.

8 hours ago, +Seewolf+ said:

I'll leave my feedback right here. I tried your mod out, because in general I like the idea of more and different bodies in the game. But I had to delete it again, because many bodies in game don't look realistic and "harmonic" any more. Many of those morphs are too much/overdone, which leads to certain characters with certain traits look like freaks and not like humans any more. A version, which tones down the more extreme morphs would be appreciated. I'd try that one out, but the current one unfortunately isn't to my liking.

You can adjust the values to aaaaanything you want in the genes file, that's the beauty of the mod, you can fine tune it to your own tastes!

I'm sorry, but something's definitely wrong with body sizes. Some people look way bigger than they should while other look way smaller than they are supposed to. Example:

This woman weighs 52, which I classified as morbidly obese in my mod. Here's what she looks like:

Spoiler

2021_04_12_1.png.e35c68872585e3fe6dcdca7bc212e6cc.png

2021_04_12_2.png.afe14cc113d99ca269134b9c2c4599bc.png

That's definitely overweight, but not as big as it's supposed to look like. Compare with this woman who weighs 55, just 3 points higher than the lady above:

Spoiler

2021_04_12_3.png.fa1d1a7a0a61df0f295404eaf6eb1a9b.png2021_04_12_4.png.b656352adaccca9ab9d205a8687ca9d3.png

Now that's fat, this lady definitely looks like what I imagine 55 should be.

Most people look their weight, but then there are some skinny (<0) people who look chubby, or some chubby or even overweight people (20-30) who look quite skinny. I don't really understand what causes this. Could different body shapes be the problem? I know you are already working on a lot of stuff, Mange2020, and you have spent a lot of time on Fat Max already, but could you please look into this issue? I would be very grateful for this as well as the whole weight gain community I think since you're the only one who posted fat bodies for CK3. What we have already is definitely great and works fine for this kind of mod, but if weights were making a little bit more sense it woud just be perfect.

16 hours ago, vocon said:

I'm sorry, but something's definitely wrong with body sizes. Some people look way bigger than they should while other look way smaller than they are supposed to. Example:

This woman weighs 52, which I classified as morbidly obese in my mod. Here's what she looks like:

Reveal hidden contents

2021_04_12_1.png.e35c68872585e3fe6dcdca7bc212e6cc.png

2021_04_12_2.png.afe14cc113d99ca269134b9c2c4599bc.png

That's definitely overweight, but not as big as it's supposed to look like. Compare with this woman who weighs 55, just 3 points higher than the lady above:

Reveal hidden contents

2021_04_12_3.png.fa1d1a7a0a61df0f295404eaf6eb1a9b.png2021_04_12_4.png.b656352adaccca9ab9d205a8687ca9d3.png

Now that's fat, this lady definitely looks like what I imagine 55 should be.

Most people look their weight, but then there are some skinny (<0) people who look chubby, or some chubby or even overweight people (20-30) who look quite skinny. I don't really understand what causes this. Could different body shapes be the problem? I know you are already working on a lot of stuff, Mange2020, and you have spent a lot of time on Fat Max already, but could you please look into this issue? I would be very grateful for this as well as the whole weight gain community I think since you're the only one who posted fat bodies for CK3. What we have already is definitely great and works fine for this kind of mod, but if weights were making a little bit more sense it woud just be perfect.

Its hard to say exactly since I don't play passed the default values I set in here myself and you definitely got some weird looking things once you go passed that level, while I wanted to be inclusive its a bit harder to test if I'm not playing with it. And the fat body shape is definitely the most problematic (I had actually thought I dealt with all the clipping, guess not).

But if you are just using this mod it shouldn't have any effect on the actual relationship between how a character looks and current weight. That is going to be determined via gfx\portraits\portrait_modifiers 01_weight. This file doesn't touch that, though my attributes mod does. In general I would say that are a few factors that determine how fat a character looks apart from current_weight two that were present in the base game and one that I added.

The first is bs_body_old that is applied to all characters based on an aging preset. 

age_preset_aging_primary = {
        mode = multiply
        curve = {
            { 0.0 0.0 }
            { 0.25 0.0 }
            { 0.35 0.2 }
            { 0.75 1.0 }
        }
    }

So this is telling you that at the age of 24 a character will have none of that shape applied to them. By the age of 44 a character will have almost 40% of the old blendshape applied to them. This wouldn't be a huge difference because the body old blendshape is only about 10% of the fat blendshape I created but that would be equivalent to 4 weight. 

The one I added is a version of bs_body_old that I modified slightly that represents lack of muscles (since the old shape essentially looks like a person that's gone soft). I've only applied this at half value in the gene file so that would be an extra 5 weight (though this wouldn't make a difference since both characters have zero prowess).

The most likely difference is that as defined in the ethnicities file body type is given a value between 0.4 and 0.6. The weight portrait modifier adds on to this genetic value. 0.4 and 0.6 is a small range compared to other genes but that equates to a difference of someone starting at -20 weight to someone starting at 20 weight. I zero this value out in my attributes mod but if you haven't done that yourself here that would account for a bunch of the difference. 

Besides that there is the perception difference since one of the characters seems to have less fat on their face because they have head_fat_low or medium and the other has medium or full. The base game seems to have characters carrying most of their fat on their face and I think its so that it creates the illusion of bigger characters. Within the default values (though not the values you are using) my mod actually makes character faces seem thinner than the base game. The other factor is my own modeling ability. Especially with the fat shape it can be really hard to prevent clipping, because even if it doesn't clip in the modeling software it might in game. So depending on how often I had to go back to fix a particular type of clothing it may be more or less well fitted to the character. (I always end up thinking well this is an easy question to answer, and then end up writing way too much haha)

5 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

The most likely difference is that as defined in the ethnicities file body type is given a value between 0.4 and 0.6. The weight portrait modifier adds on to this genetic value. 0.4 and 0.6 is a small range compared to other genes but that equates to a difference of someone starting at -20 weight to someone starting at 20 weight. I zero this value out in my attributes mod but if you haven't done that yourself here that would account for a bunch of the difference. 

Thanks for your help. I guess that could be it. What do I need to do to change it? Is it correct that I need to change these lines in portrait_modifiers/01_weight.txt:

Spoiler

Was:

dna_modifiers = {
            morph = {
                mode = modify
                gene = gene_bs_body_type
                value = {
                    value = current_weight_for_portrait # An absolute and normalized value derived from character body weight
                    multiply = @overweight_multiplier
                }
            }
        }

Becomes (your code as example):

dna_modifiers = {
            morph = {
                mode = modify_multiply
                gene = gene_bs_body_type
                value = 0
            }
            morph = {
                mode = modify
                gene = gene_bs_body_type
                value = {
                    value = current_weight
                    add = 100
                    divide = 200
                }
            }
        }

And this will make visible weight dependent only on current_weight and not on weight in ethnicity files? I hope you won't mind if I just copy this file from your mod and give you credits.

Also, I was thinking about using your physical attributes mod too, but this would require rigging it quite a bit since my weight ranges are different and I don't yet fully understand how it works. So for now I only use this base mod from you.

Update: I copied your file and the issue is now solved. My wife (the first woman from my previous post) is now fat like she's supposed to be. Thank you very much for your help.

Also another issue I found is that some people aren't updated correctly. Like there was a woman who weighed 20 but looked stick thin. I used the disrobe mod to turn nudity off and then on for all women, and her weight was updated and she now looks overweight. Strange, but I have no idea how to fix this.

Idk if it's something on my end, or a part of one of the mods (Carnalitas, this one??), or a conflict but it's made every character in the world wear no clothes as default. Changing their clothes to a manual selection does fix it and look good, but it's a huge hassle to have to do that for everyone without running into random people who've got their boobs squished (male or female.) Got any idea on a fix? 'Cause I love the mod, and you've done a ton of good work here.

tl;dr I go to the Barber Shop, and turning to 'clothed' or 'naked' completely looks and acts like normal, but leaving it on default leaves every character nude with the clothed bodyshape.

EDIT: Solved it, it was Immersive Duels that was making the problem. Sorry for the bother, part of the problem with flying too close to the sun with a bunch of mods.

1 hour ago, LueRV said:

Is it possible to adjust the files for muscles multiplier or make it so that amazonian/herculean doesn't automatically give you swol muscles? all of the females in my court looks like they can arm wrestle the hulk and win. 

Yeah, its a consequence of muscles being determined by prowess, values tend to become extreme. If you have my physical attributes mod you can adjust muscle value in common\script_values muscle_value. In that case an expression like

if = {

limit = { is_female = yes }
     max = 75
}

at the end of muscle_target would cut the max muscle of all women in half.

If you don't have that mod in char_body_overhaul\common\genes genes_modified look for "gene_bs_body_shape" after that every time you see something that says "female = {" look for "attribute = "bs_muscular_1"" and "attribute = "bs_body_muscular_1"" and change the values. it is currently "value = { min = -1.0 max = 1.0 }" changing it to "value = { min = -0.5 max = 0.5 }" would cut max muscle in half, you have to change both of the attributes for the body and head to match. Half brings you back to (essentially) base game muscularity.

There are 12 templates where you need to change this value (they are indexed as 0-11 in the "gene_bs_body_shape"}.

since both the male and female files are called "gfx", how should I combine them in the broader file? Do i go all the way into one file until there's naming differences and put those in at that level in the gfx file already put in the broader mod file? Or should i rename the gfx files for both sexes so that both coincide?

In otherwords, what should each level of the importation process be to put this mod altogether 

12 hours ago, bobgasyon said:

since both the male and female files are called "gfx", how should I combine them in the broader file? Do i go all the way into one file until there's naming differences and put those in at that level in the gfx file already put in the broader mod file? Or should i rename the gfx files for both sexes so that both coincide?

In otherwords, what should each level of the importation process be to put this mod altogether 

1. Download all 3 archives: char_body_overhaul_zip.zip, female_zip.zip, and male_zip.zip.

2. Unpack each of them so you are left with 3 folders: char_body_overhaul_zip, female_zip, and male_zip.

3. Go inside the char_body_overhaul_zip folder and drag/copy its content (1 folder called "char_body_overhaul" and 1 mod file called "char_body_overhaul.mod") into your CK3 modding directory (usually located at C:\Users\*UserName*\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod; *UserName* is, of course, just a placehodler for this very example, substituted by your actual user name on your PC).

4. Now, go into the female_zip and male_zip folders, both of which contain 1 folder each labeled "gfx". Drag/copy both of these folders into the char_body_overhaul folder you just dragged/copied into your CK3 modding directory in the previous step (the char_body_overhaul folder already contains a gfx folder of its own as well). There should be no messages for conflicting files or similar.

5. Open the CK3 Launcher and go to "Playsets" (found on the left hand side of the Launcher). Below the X for closing the Launcher in the top right corner there should be a button for adding additional mods. Click on it. If you did everything right up to this point, the Launcher will show this mod as something that can be added to the Playset by clicking on it, which makes the box to the right go green and show a tick. Do that and, then, click on the "Add to Playset" button in the bottom left. Your Playset should now contain this mod (if it isn't activated automatically, i.e. the bar to the right of its name is not shown as green, click on it so it is).

6. Select the right Playset containing this mod (called "Initial Playset" if you didn't make one on your own) below the big "Play" button before clicking "Play".

7. Enjoy the game!

On 2021/4/5 at PM8点40分, dovahnurse said:

所以,很明显我不是很混蛋。我已经通过了这个线程和Carnalitas线程,但是我只是不明白我在做什么错。我遇到了与其他海报类似的问题,但是我看不到提供很多解决方案。或至少我不了解。

我添加了我的mod加载顺序和make love屏幕的屏幕截图。我基本上仍然让两个裸露的参与者互相凝视,当我切换左上角的心形按钮时,他们只是在窗口上方的小狗,我所看到的只是他们的腿。我想念什么吗?我是否应该下载在此线程中散布的文件并将其添加到mod文件夹?

显示隐藏的内容

我的加载订单。我认为它在Carnalita主题上说,这种动画和车身大修应该放在首位。我将“男性”和“女性”文件添加到char_body_overhaul文件夹的gfx文件夹中。

3236b01d1a01f63e8e737824425824d7.png

这是我单击心脏图标之前的默认窗口

20210405135841_1.jpg.ee662367b9a87cfc6ca61bef052c0764.jpg

这就是我单击心脏图标时发生的情况。

20210405135844_1.jpg.2371e40747d9c2dbdf13f412f75d711b.jpg

Same problem

On 4/15/2021 at 6:55 PM, Mange2020 said:

Yeah, its a consequence of muscles being determined by prowess, values tend to become extreme. If you have my physical attributes mod you can adjust muscle value in common\script_values muscle_value. In that case an expression like

if = {

limit = { is_female = yes }
     max = 75
}

at the end of muscle_target would cut the max muscle of all women in half.

If you don't have that mod in char_body_overhaul\common\genes genes_modified look for "gene_bs_body_shape" after that every time you see something that says "female = {" look for "attribute = "bs_muscular_1"" and "attribute = "bs_body_muscular_1"" and change the values. it is currently "value = { min = -1.0 max = 1.0 }" changing it to "value = { min = -0.5 max = 0.5 }" would cut max muscle in half, you have to change both of the attributes for the body and head to match. Half brings you back to (essentially) base game muscularity.

There are 12 templates where you need to change this value (they are indexed as 0-11 in the "gene_bs_body_shape"}.

I never really understood those negative and positive values in the gene files since they sometimes look like they're reversed. What would I need to do to completely remove muscle gain on females then? Put both min and max values to 0 on all 12 templates?

3 hours ago, HerChianti said:

I never really understood those negative and positive values in the gene files since they sometimes look like they're reversed. What would I need to do to completely remove muscle gain on females then? Put both min and max values to 0 on all 12 templates?

So every gene has a "gene_value" which is what is modified in portrait modifiers. the value is between 0.0 and 1.0. The genes are essentially a way of defining attribute values. For each attribute within a gene the min number is the value that that attribute has at 0 gene value the max number is the value that attribute has at gene value 1. Every other point is a linear extrapolation of these numbers.

Most attributes are blend shapes (at least for the body) an attribute with a value of one (or above) adds the entire blend shape (whatever it represents) to the result, an attribute with a value of zero (or below) adds nothing to the result (the exception is height which is an animation and is -1 to 1 instead of 0 to 1).

Most of the reason for negative numbers (and numbers over 1) is so that you can get the attribute to not contribute at all to the result until a certain point. So in the case of muscles I have it set to -1 to 1. This is so that the muscular blend shape doesn't do anything until body_shape gene reaches 0.5 value (this is around 12 prowess depending on the character). And then it increases 1 when the gene value of body shape reaches 1 (around 25 prowess). 

I should also note that if you put individual attributes on multiple genes they will be added together but under zero still does nothing and 1 is still the maximum effect of the attribute.

So the short answer to your question is yes, if you want to remove muscle gain on females entirely all you have to do is set the max to zero. 

If both the min and the max are zero or lower it will always have no effect. But you don't really have to keep it there at all at that point, you can just delete them entirely and it will have the same effect. Just be sure to remove both muscular and body_muscular. Those values always need to be the same. I would also suggest removing the scrawny attribute but that would be up to you, its' just aesthetic.

Although I should note that will just remove the shapes and not the muscular textures and decals so the character won't get any bigger but they will have the lines (basically they will look toned and not big). These are determined where it says "alpha curve" iirc.