[mod] Character Body Overhaul

8 minutes ago, 420Edon said:

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

The whole thing is well bellow the floor:

image.png.c88b68284713c585a45bad44e14ea32b.png

I've moved it up, and moved it down too, im not really getting anywhere it still looks much the same.

I'll look into it further tmrw

I would say load a new model and import your file back from the paradox format. I had some issues with the animation snapping back up on export, if this was happening you would see the model higher up then you set it on export. I think it happens if you move your models to start the animation in object mode instead of pose mode. I think the exporter doesn't count it as "moving" if its not done in pose mode. I just started over when it happened (which is probably the least satisfying answer). 

7 minutes ago, Moomoomaster69 said:

image.png.f680ed1e92e499335acc69fbc00b97bf.png

This is the inside of the folder, the other file has already been moved outside and Ive already copy and pasted both female and male gfxs into this folder

That is especially weird considering we can see the descriptor file right there. Best thing I can offer is to say just create your own mod via the paradox launcher. And cope paste my files (minus the descriptor and the mod file) in. Should work fine.

42 minutes ago, Mange2020 said:

My guess would be that you haven't combined the files correctly. If you

9 minutes ago, Mange2020 said:

That is especially weird considering we can see the descriptor file right there. Best thing I can offer is to say just create your own mod via the paradox launcher. And cope paste my files (minus the descriptor and the mod file) in. Should work fine.

screenshot of the inside of the folder I can tell you for sure based on the names I see.

thx

13 hours ago, 420Edon said:

@Mange2020 fair enough.

I have an another question this time:

I made a simple animation to test this out, and the animation does load and move, however the characters are kind of floating ? also don't seem to be lined up well either:

image.png.844ea855fa65d4482a99ed947b6765b2.png

'non-toggle' view looks about as expected:

image.png.6a1e5f35bf90c028cbad52b86c1403d4.png

I don't really think it's related to perspective as moving the whole thing around in blender doesn't seem to make any difference:

image.png.19eef3dfe47c9c61126380be88cdd2e0.png

I could not get the versions of blender / PDX Blender Tools you specified to work, but i was able to import / edit / export & run your animation using the latest versions anyway, so i would be surprised if that was the issue.

Just wondering if this is an issue you've run into in the past to save myself some time investigating further.

Thanks!

Woke up this morning with a better solution for you. And one that is more sustainable since I'm sure other people will run into this. You could pull the animation into frame using an additive animation. And since it would already exist it could be used to fine tune any animation after the fact to get it in frame.

Attached are the asset files in case you need an example of coding additive animations. You should just be able to merge it with yours. An animation that pulls the characters down (I made it pull the characters down a lot to have some wiggle room). A gene that the animation is attached to and the portrait modifier.

female_body.asset male_body.asset male_body_animation_frame_correction.anim female_body_animation_frame_correction.anim animation_frame_correction.txt sex_animation_portrait_modifiers.txt

4 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Woke up this morning with a better solution for you. And one that is more sustainable since I'm sure other people will run into this. You could pull the animation into frame using an additive animation. And since it would already exist it could be used to fine tune any animation after the fact to get it in frame.

Attached are the asset files in case you need an example of coding additive animations. You should just be able to merge it with yours. An animation that pulls the characters down (I made it pull the characters down a lot to have some wiggle room). A gene that the animation is attached to and the portrait modifier.

female_body.asset 68.13 kB · 1 download male_body.asset 64.94 kB · 0 downloads male_body_animation_frame_correction.anim 6.39 kB · 0 downloads female_body_animation_frame_correction.anim 6.47 kB · 1 download animation_frame_correction.txt 337 B · 2 downloads sex_animation_portrait_modifiers.txt 1.45 kB · 3 downloads

Hey,

Thanks for this this was a good idea.

This did pull the characters into the frame, however they are still really misaligned. It looks like they both have the same central point:

image.png.b9f106a689ff75f8aded064f2dcd7c55.png

(I made the characters naked at the cost of their dignity to see this clearly)

I think the issue is down to the animation export issue you mentioned earlier. I'm going to try fix it in blender.

SOLVED:

The problem is you should REALLY not move the objects in Layout at all

The positionning in animation is what matters and if you move the objects in layout it will only confuse you further

Import mesh -> dont touch anything -> go to animation tab / pose mode and do what you must there, including moving the objects half-way below the grid so that they are in camera.

image.png

2 hours ago, 420Edon said:

Hey,

Thanks for this this was a good idea.

This did pull the characters into the frame, however they are still really misaligned. It looks like they both have the same central point:

image.png.b9f106a689ff75f8aded064f2dcd7c55.png

(I made the characters naked at the cost of their dignity to see this clearly)

I think the issue is down to the animation export issue you mentioned earlier. I'm going to try fix it in blender.

SOLVED:

The problem is you should REALLY not move the objects in Layout at all

The positionning in animation is what matters and if you move the objects in layout it will only confuse you further

Import mesh -> dont touch anything -> go to animation tab / pose mode and do what you must there, including moving the objects half-way below the grid so that they are in camera.

image.png

Oh yeah, one more thing that can help. If you want to make an animation for a character you can actually animate them with all their clothing on so you can see what it will look like. I do this when I'm modelling the blendshapes for clothing. If you import a base model and then immediately import a clothing model. The importer will automatically attach the clothing to the rig ( which is why we need to go through the process of deleting). You can add multiple articles of clothing too, so when I'm making blendshapes to ensure it doesn't clip I'll load the base model, then the legwear, then the clothing, then the cloak on top. If you are animating you can do this too (if you have an idea which clothing will appear in the animation, here I feel like you were going for the nun). 

1 hour ago, Mange2020 said:

Oh yeah, one more thing that can help. If you want to make an animation for a character you can actually animate them with all their clothing on so you can see what it will look like. I do this when I'm modelling the blendshapes for clothing. If you import a base model and then immediately import a clothing model. The importer will automatically attach the clothing to the rig ( which is why we need to go through the process of deleting). You can add multiple articles of clothing too, so when I'm making blendshapes to ensure it doesn't clip I'll load the base model, then the legwear, then the clothing, then the cloak on top. If you are animating you can do this too (if you have an idea which clothing will appear in the animation, here I feel like you were going for the nun). 

That sounds good, my idea here is mostly to try things out and pave the way for others as I'm really no good animator at all

I tried to copy the female animations onto a male body but the bones don't match - bad for lazy people like me but makes for better flexibility with animation for sure

This nun dress is so robust i don't think there is a way to make it not clip hehehehe

here's the testing animation i made

female_body_spanked.anim female_body_spanking.anim

4 hours ago, 420Edon said:

That sounds good, my idea here is mostly to try things out and pave the way for others as I'm really no good animator at all

I tried to copy the female animations onto a male body but the bones don't match - bad for lazy people like me but makes for better flexibility with animation for sure

This nun dress is so robust i don't think there is a way to make it not clip hehehehe

here's the testing animation i made

female_body_spanked.anim 275.03 kB · 1 download female_body_spanking.anim 179.3 kB · 0 downloads

I think of myself the same way. I hadn't made any animations before this, so the one I uploaded is the only one I've made. I think that because paradox games haven't really had cd models there isn't much knowledge in the community, so I'm glad someone else is jumping in too.

1 hour ago, t3mpla4r said:

so, is this supposed to happen?

Hide contents

80721054_CrusaderKingsIII25_03_202122_51_04.png.b0a79263ae1345c5e8a72853756efd0f.png

Well, its a thing I know happens. Its the result of not deselecting the toggle after a sex animation plays. The button uses a system variable. It clears when you restart the game but you have to toggle it off during the game.

Question unrelated to animations. I've downloaded the mod and played a few years but I don't see any vast changes like the one shown in your previews, in terms of body types. Everyone has the same genital proportions and body proportions (within the vanilla variety). I know that this mod doesn't have attributes to change characters manually, but I was under the impression that these values would be randomly distributed throughout the game's characters. This is the only mod I'm playing with, btw.

1 hour ago, Stagetail said:

Question unrelated to animations. I've downloaded the mod and played a few years but I don't see any vast changes like the one shown in your previews, in terms of body types. Everyone has the same genital proportions and body proportions (within the vanilla variety). I know that this mod doesn't have attributes to change characters manually, but I was under the impression that these values would be randomly distributed throughout the game's characters. This is the only mod I'm playing with, btw.

Well since this is the only mod you are using and you are seeing genitals at all we know its working. The actual error that can happen would do the opposite and make everything huge haha. As to the question about sizes it depends on the specific shape/gene but generally most of the default shapes (the ones pictured) are about double the base game max (breast sizes are more than that). But these are still maximum values, not many characters will approach a maximum value.

Breast size, penis size, and butt size are all determined via gene strength which is set in the ethnicities file. Its generally set to be a bell curve, so half of all characters (anyone on the lower half of the breast size gene strength) will look identical. Here's the breast size distribution for bust default, penis and butt are similar. So those characters exist, they are just rare. That said everything on the upper half side of the equation should still be bigger than it would otherwise be. My Physical Attributes mod can make this size information visible (it also changes how gene strengths are determined and smooths the distribution out).

5 = { name = bust_default    range = { 0.0 0.25 }    }
        14 = { name = bust_default    range = { 0.25 0.4 }    }
        20 = { name = bust_default    range = { 0.4 0.6 }    }
        10 = { name = bust_default    range = { 0.6 0.75 }    }
        4 = { name = bust_default    range = { 0.75 0.85 }    }
        1 = { name = bust_default    range = { 0.85 1.0 }    }

I may be a bit too dumb for this mod. Instead of any animation the characters just.. kinda stand on top of each other or inside each other..

Spoiler

image.png.c43ca34242a429dad1861c4f797722da.png

Spoiler

image.png.0dec3821a658ad69191353d27bd69038.png

Load order:

*Carnalitas

Cheri - Carnalitas Dei

Carnalitas Domination

Carnalitas - Historical Slavery Doctrines

Female Nudism

Intimate Encounters

Simple Slits

Simple Shafts

Simple Shafts - Carnalitas

Simple Shafts for Her

*Character Body Overhaul

Lewd Loading Screens

[Tried even with everything but the *-marked mods disabled too, so basically just Carnalitas and the Overhaul, didn't help]

Any tips? Been trying to drag stuff around the load order but I'm not sure what's causing it. :/

6 hours ago, Ninaran said:

I may be a bit too dumb for this mod. Instead of any animation the characters just.. kinda stand on top of each other or inside each other..

Hide contents

image.png.c43ca34242a429dad1861c4f797722da.png

Hide contents

image.png.0dec3821a658ad69191353d27bd69038.png

Load order:

*Carnalitas

Cheri - Carnalitas Dei

Carnalitas Domination

Carnalitas - Historical Slavery Doctrines

Female Nudism

Intimate Encounters

Simple Slits

Simple Shafts

Simple Shafts - Carnalitas

Simple Shafts for Her

*Character Body Overhaul

Lewd Loading Screens

[Tried even with everything but the *-marked mods disabled too, so basically just Carnalitas and the Overhaul, didn't help]

Any tips? Been trying to drag stuff around the load order but I'm not sure what's causing it. :/

Have you tried to toggle out of the sex animation view when you see that? That looks like something I would expect if the sex animation view is selected for a non sex animation.

Yeah, toggling out of it will have them stand around like normal. But the animations are kinda the point, I thought..? Or did I misunderstand the mod and it's more of a framework that doesn't come with its own animations and I need to build my own?

19 minutes ago, Ninaran said:

Yeah, toggling out of it will have them stand around like normal. But the animations are kinda the point, I thought..? Or did I misunderstand the mod and it's more of a framework that doesn't come with its own animations and I need to build my own?

So it is mostly just a framework, but there is an animation included (well three) but the toggle doesn't actually make it appear by itself.

The animation itself needs to be coded into an event to work. The toggle changes the way animations are viewed so that the characters are in the right position but doesn't by itself make the animation appear. 

is there some way to scale back the prowess buffness? I use a few mods that in the long term give certain individuals a lot of prowess over time and they end up being hulks after awhile, then they suddenly got obese and turned into meatballs lol.

6 hours ago, djreloader said:

I don't understaqnd how to install this mod. And I cant find anyone explaining how to do it. Please help for noobs.

In the top post (one of the edits) I have some instructions about how to combine the three files. That's the only thing that's weird about this mod. Though that doesn't cover the basics. Carnalitas has a good set of instructions on that though. It's mostly unzip the files combine them copy and paste into the mod folder.

That's mostly the way people do it. Although I think its simpler just to create your own mod in the launcher and copy the files into it.

37 minutes ago, GodSmack said:

is there some way to scale back the prowess buffness? I use a few mods that in the long term give certain individuals a lot of prowess over time and they end up being hulks after awhile, then they suddenly got obese and turned into meatballs lol.

Yeah these are both problems I have with the game's base structure too. It's mostly that since this mod makes all the body shape's more extreme it messes with this. I have disconnected prowess from muscles for a while so I forget about that being a thing. I uploaded my physical attribute mod which added this feature. Via that mod muscles are determined via a value and increase prowess rather than the other way around. If you don't want that the solution to that would be in the portrait modifiers if you want to try something for yourself. Via the base game 20-25 prowess gives you max muscle.

The issue with fat is with the way the game calculates current weight. Every time you feast you get a variable that increases your target weight permanently (which is insane). Like I had a feast 10 years ago so now I'm permanently 20 lbs heavier. By the end of their life this adds up (especially in large empires with lots of vassals and lots of feasts). Also in my physical attribute mod I fixed this by tying an on action to on_weight_change that removes that variable. Which means that the modifier only applies once. So feasting will cause you to gain weight once when weight is recalculated and not for the rest of the character's life.

Before doing this I just set the feast modifier to 0. Its located in health_values. Character's still get fatter as they get older, because the old shape is a bit fatter but not excessively.