• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am having an issue with NVDLCpre2 and 4 armors. Both are showing very weird / wrong handtextures. Couldn't find out what was wrong, but then again, I am still a rookie using nifskope. Could someone look into it or tell me how I get the crossreference of the handdata associated with the .nif file? Thanks :smile:

Might want to get a screenshot of that. Could be the gloves being added are assigned the wrong texture or something. I'm not even sure if the pre-order stuff was ever tested. I never used them for my games, I only threw them in for total compatibility. :dragon:

One of things I hated about FONV was the stupid glove setup. Clothes can be assigned gloves and it's not necessarily immediately apparent. Anyway, I digress.

These are actual TypeN gloves, but the colors clearly are meant to match something else. :smiley: Left one should be darker and the right one... probably should have no gloves at all. Raiders. They don't need no stinking gloves! :open_mouth:

Turns out I think I can fix these in the main TypeN mod because the clothing entries are "injected" when the pre-order esm's are active. (Note in FONVEdit all the entries are italicized and their FormID's start with 00. This means they're injected into the FalloutNV.esm. It's an old trick that I've encountered more in Oblivion.)

Given that I still haven't fixed the Metal MKII armor yet however, I have no idea when I'll actually get around to updating this. If ever. So I've attached a quick mod that -should- remove the gloves totally from the 2 pre-order armors above.

NoPreGloves.esp

I am having some texture problems with the chest area, any ideas on how to fix that? Also, is there a completely 'unclothed' option? Thanks for your time :smile:
also, i am the person who asked about how to install the mod, and it worked! thanks for the advice.

Chest problems? Unclothed?? :open_mouth:

If you've got some black bands across the chest and nether regions it's absolutely an archive invalidation problem. Just toggle archive invalidation (the checkbox) again -after- installation. That should clear it up.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any way to put underwear on this body? The proportions are great (urgh, type3/6 titty monsters, do not want), but I prefer my Fallout SFW and that would be more consistent with my Roberts sfw male body. Although if I remember correctly, that requires the mesh to have underwear baked on, and I'm guessing you have no plans to do that?

Also, more importantly... I have mods that are blatantly incompatible with BnB jiggle and the boatload of animations in the mod (Ragdolls and WAR weapon animations). If I overwrite this mod's skeleton and animation files with those, will it work, or will I get distorted horrors? Ragdolls suggests overwriting its files with the body mod ones, but I'm actually more interested in keeping the ragdoll effects than in having boob physics - I don't mind losing the latter as long as losing the jiggle doesn't break this body or every weapon animation in the game.

Thanks in advance for the help - although I wish this had a version that's SFW/non-jiggly to begin with, it's still the best-shaped body mod around and I'm definitely trying to stick with it.

I could swear there was a "with apparel" version with those horrid undies. But maybe I'm thinking of the TGND body for Oblivion. It's actually relatively simple to do, just grab some horrid undies and paste them onto the main body using nifskope. Though there are other outfits that are... "without apparel". Mainly Raider stuff.

The BnB stuff (which I probably should never have added) will be fine if you don't have it. I could swear I used to use Ragdolls myself but it's been so long maybe I'm remembering incorrectly. The main thing, is you need a skeleton that has the bnb, not necessarily animations that make use of it. For instance, you'd keep the skeleton here (which I believe is one of the universal skeletons) and simply replace the animations. What I'm not sure about is how well other animations will work out with this body. There have always been some anim anomalies with FONV (particularly aiming a gun, etc.) My suggestion is experiment with it. If you use ... uh... whatever Alternative Start for FONV was called, you can easily check if a setup will work or be all wonky.

Wait a sec, SFW ROBERT'S!? WHAT THE!???? *bans* ;);)

EDIT: Actually there is an underwear outfit. I forgot. It's in meshes/armor/underwear. Just use that nif file to replace meshes/characters/_male/femaleupperbody.nif. Then your nakey character will have... rather unstylish underwear. But at least it's better than the military nonsense of vanilla. ... Sort of. :blush:

Hmmm. I, uh, have this thing earlier in the load order than Ragdolls, and the body is A Bit Screwy. Picture here. I think that's the skeleton being, well... boned.

What do I do for the animations, though? There's such a comically massive set of files in here I'm not sure what to replace/remove. I am assuming, though, that loading the skeleton from this file after Ragdolls could work, or using something like The Skeleton over here.

Also yes, SFW Roberts! I mean, if I don't want bouncing boobs, I REALLY don't want dinglers flying free either. 'Tis Fallout, not Dongout.

If you ever update this thing, though, will you consider adding versions of that raider crap and the translucent nightwear that are less booby? Maybe actual *nice* underwear options that fit the outfit and something presentable but Wasteland-rugged for no equipment? And/or jiggle-less-by-default version. If it's way too much work I'll just have to live with the occasional wayward tit, of course.

I think your best bet would be to load ragdolls after this. Then maybe make use of a universal skeleton like the one you listed. That way ragdolls overrides the anims from TypeN, and the skeleton makes sure the body doesn't freak out.

OK, that's a double dragon ban!!! :dragon: I can see Breeze's being covered up. But ROBERTS!??? ;)

This is probably appropriate here:

Spoiler

Sam-Eagle-Discourse.png

;)

Raider stuff was always raunchy. That and the vanilla ridiculousness of adding pasties to that one Raider outfit was just beyond silly. Yeah she doesn't bother bathing, I'm sure she's going to waste time slapping pasties on. That and how do they stick? Raiders would be using glue all over the place. :smiley:

There would be little point in going to the trouble of a fully modelled body only to hide it -all- the time. ;) I just decided to go ... somewhat... sort of... kind of approaching...  "tastefully" on the skimpy outfits. (HAHA!) If you're really concerned about it (I'd say if kids are playing it but kids should be nowhere near FONV anyway), you can in fact replace the few "pokey" outfits with duplicates of other outfits that are totally covered up. Alternatively you can copy and paste individual elements in some cases via nifskope. But that's an acquired skill. And one I don't recommend picking up!! ;)

There's actually 2 known bugs that have -still- yet to get fixed with TypeN. It's highly likely they never will be. I'm a lot happier in non-Bethsoft related modding these days. That and every time I open up archaic Blender to fix TypeN stuff, I end up in Maya doing something else entirely! :dragon:

I just threw your body's skeleton in the ragdolls folder and hid the original in MO. Worked so far. I think.

Also, I mean, I just don't like dingles, okay? Especially dingles shoved in crude old Gamebryo. Reminds me of frickin'... individually plastic wrapped sausages every time I have to look at a dong rendered in a 2008 engine.

I figure I'm just gonna shoot them enough for the bloodstains to cover up any naughties. That totally works as a post-apocalyptic fashion statement, right? And most definitely not touching fricking NifSkope. I remember attempting to learn how to flip Wraithguard back in the day to fix the stupid Daedric-right-glove thing, had no idea what I was doing, gave up after making my toaster very angry.

Non-Beth modding sounds vaguely interesting. Elves? In space? This amuses and intrigues me.

Edit: Does Type N play nice with DDSopt, or has it been pre-optimized? Asking because unoptimized texes apparently managed to make my game hitch every time I turned around too fast.

Glad it's working out!

But those are the best ....  er... OK. Maybe this isn't a good conversation to have. HAHAHA! :smiley::smiley:

Yeah I've moved over to Stellaris ... essentially all the time now. Life is a lot easier and I'm not having to wrestle with the game to get anything done. Either by making ships or via scripting. And PDX (the devs) support their games for years after release. Good incentive for modders. :dragon:

There aren't a whole lot of textures. .... Right? *checks* OK.. there's a few.... :smiley: There's.. not a whole lot one can do to optimize DDS files. It's a fairly... well... crappy image format. :blush: The only optimization I can even think of is ensuring your DDS files don't have unnecessary alpha channels. The way FONV works, if you want some parts of clothing transparent, you'll need an alpha channel. Otherwise, no.

*reads up on DDSopt*

Haha! So it gets rid of unnecessary alpha channels!! :blush: There is one problem with this that I can think of and that is, DDS is a lossy format. A bad one at that. You don't want to open a DDS and save it as another DDS multiple times as it will turn into a mess. Especially the mip maps. Those really go to hell. That's why we always have a lossless format like PNG or TGA for the source files.

Anyway, that's a wordy way of saying: you're fine. :smiley: The only textures here are  few clothing textures and the main body textures. (Non of which have alpha channels where they shouldn't.) Everything else is pulled from vanilla. So this won't overwrite any Obsidian screw ups that DDSopt fixes.

• 1 month later...

Trying to install this with FOMM and I get an error that says "A problem occurred during install: Could not find a part of the path appdata\local\temp\CdFileMgr\-0b0xcimq.ini"        I'm installing it the same way I installed every other FOMM mod, so I have no idea what the problem is.

• 4 months later...