LongDukDong

Scripting means to 'load item from mod' and place it straight onto a bookshelf??

This is a fun puzzle, and not sure if it is fully possible.....

There is the ever popular command known as  GetFormFromMod  which I use quite often for many a features. And one can place contents from such calls into containers, be they chests or NPCs themselves.  However, these items do not physically appear within the game until taken out of said container.

What I want is to be able to acquire the form (as in above), and be able to place the form (or reference thereof) on a shelf.  For example, if I was to make a Tamago-based mod and the player had installed and activated a copy of my TamagoGuide.esp in their game, I would like said mod detect the book and visually place it on a bookshelf as I so prescribe.  This, only working if TamagoGuide is detected, and the mod not hampered if it were not.

20 hours ago, LongDukDong said:

There is the ever popular command known as  GetFormFromMod  which I use quite often for many a features. And one can place contents from such calls into containers, be they chests or NPCs themselves.  However, these items do not physically appear within the game until taken out of said container.

What I want is to be able to acquire the form (as in above), and be able to place the form (or reference thereof) on a shelf. 

You can spawn objects in the world with PlaceAtMe and then position them with SetPos.

On 2/22/2021 at 2:23 PM, Akor said:

You can spawn objects in the world with PlaceAtMe and then position them with SetPos.

I attempted to use PlaceAtMe as you suggested, but with no joy. 

PlaceAtMe appears to only accept the creation and placement of items from the actual Database list and not to reference objects such as loaded objects which is the actual intent.  I can grab the "BlankSheet" item from the Books database.  But if I tried to use a reference object that is drawn on a map, it will not work.  And with that, neither will a reference object loaded using the GetFormFromMod command.

EXAMPLES:

PlaceAtMe Book4RareSpiritoftheDaedra, 1, 256, 1

( This is just fine.  But the item is from the database )

let MyBook := GetFormFromMod "LoversPrimaBooks2.esp" "002A2A" ;; Lady Sauria

PlacaAtMe MyBook, 1, 256, 1

( Error Message:  Item 'MyBook' not found for parameter ObjectID Compiled script not saved )

Thank you for the consideration.

6 hours ago, LongDukDong said:

let MyBook := GetFormFromMod "LoversPrimaBooks2.esp" "002A2A" ;; Lady Sauria

PlacaAtMe MyBook, 1, 256, 1

( Error Message:  Item 'MyBook' not found for parameter ObjectID Compiled script not saved )

Thank you for the consideration.

I think the error message you get is because you don't have MyBook defined in the script?

I wrote a test script and I can compile it without errors. I haven't tested it in game yet, will do that later I'm currently at work, but I'm pretty sure it should work this way. ;)

scn lksCoreGameLoadedKinkyCollarsFunc

ref 		formRef
string_var 	formID
ref 		objRef

Begin Function {}

let formID := lksKinkyCollarQuest.LoadCollarID
PrintC "LKS-DEBUG|lksCoreGameLoadedKinkyCollarsFunc|formID|%z" formID

let formRef := GetFormFromMod "LoversKinkyStalker.esp" $formID
PrintC "LKS-DEBUG|lksCoreGameLoadedKinkyCollarsFunc|formRef|%n" formRef

let objRef := Player.PlaceAtMe formRef, 1, 256, 1

End