Mugginnato

[mod] [Stellaris] Vanilla Framework

You have an extra close bracket in 00_species_class.txt in the SE human patch. This causes the crash.

custom_portraits = { # use custom_portraits instead of portraits so we can put them after the custom_portraits above
        randomized = { always = yes }
        playable = { always = yes }}

I removed it and the SE patch works fine now. No idea why the bracket there causes the crash in the cityscape menu.

14 minutes ago, Bookworm83 said:

You have an extra close bracket in 00_species_class.txt in the SE human patch. This causes the crash.

custom_portraits = { # use custom_portraits instead of portraits so we can put them after the custom_portraits above
        randomized = { always = yes }
        playable = { always = yes }}

I removed it and the SE patch works fine now. No idea why the bracket there causes the crash in the cityscape menu.

Very nice catch, and thank you for telling me, must have happened when I was updating the patch to not need dlc . It might be because graphical_culture = mammalian_01 isn't inside a class set, or that Machines no longer have a graphical culture. Either way, the patch will be redundant with the next update since it'll add back in the human and humanoids that SE needs.

All the images are masked and the fungoids have their dds files done, so it'll be out either the end of this week or early next week. 

On 5/4/2021 at 2:32 PM, Mugginnato said:

That patch is a bit out of date, so I'd recommend either waiting for the next update (will be soon-ish) or editing VF's species classes to add ToT's sets and not using the patch.

Also, what is your load order? 

Load order

VF Beta 0.6

ToT

VF ToT Patch

21 hours ago, Fliits said:

Load order

VF Beta 0.6

ToT

VF ToT Patch

First, validate you game files in case of corruption, then try this load order;

ToT

VF Beta

VF ToT Patch

If the problem persists then I think one or more of the mods are corrupted and need a fresh download and install.

EDIT:  I've been doing some testing with the next update and ToT patch (will be out soon, like 1~2 days) and it should be fixed. Dunno why, but I think missing portraits might be format/overwrite issue. I was having issues between Beta 0.7 and the current ToT patch (beta 0.3) even though it should have worked fine, but after updating the patch my new file system it started working fine. Also, the machine/robots having bio-pop images is all on ToT. I looked at its portrait file and that's apparently how its supposed to be, with only 1 of the 3 being pure machine.