SexoutNG Framework - Installation Guide for Beginners

Using a mod like SexoutStore you can buy a lot of the outfits from the specially added store between Goodspings and Primm.

It's also a good way to test if you have installed SCR correctly. Any outfit you bought in the store that has a big red diamond, or an invisible body, means you failed to install a resource mod.

5 hours ago, nelsonam938 said:

If it i failed in the instalation of scr i have to do all again??

It depends on what step or steps you failed to follow, but in most cases you can fix that. That is also the reason why you make a backup directory.

Do you have red question marks, and if so, for what outfit or outfits?

ps. This is the guide for installing Sexout NG and it's requirements, and not the guide for installing SCR and it's requirements.

• 2 months later...
On 11/26/2017 at 2:01 PM, xasam said:

I've been trying to install the framework for several days, but I'm constantly getting CTDs. I've validated my game, I've redownloaded Sexout from the mirror, and I've got NVSE, NX and FOMM extended all working. I've also checked with all my other mods turned off, and it's definitely Sexout that's causing the CTDs.

EDIT: Since posting, I've redownloaded and reinstalled NVSE and NX, and reinstalled the LL version of FOMM.

I've included screenshots of my various important folders for this mod. What am I doing wrong?

Reveal hidden contents

FOMM screenshot.pngFONV Main Folder.pngFNV Data Folder.png

So I'm having the exact same issue, I've disabled everything installed the scripts re-validated files etc yet I still crash at the first splash screen. My apologies if I missed the answer.

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2018 at 3:33 PM, TheGrumbo said:

So I'm having the exact same issue, I've disabled everything installed the scripts re-validated files etc yet I still crash at the first splash screen. My apologies if I missed the answer.

Also having the same issues, completely lost and help is impossible to find

On 4/3/2018 at 10:33 PM, TheGrumbo said:

7 hours ago, Nicklich said:

Also having the same issues, completely lost and help is impossible to find

My apolagies to both of you, that I missed your questions.

Question 1.

Does your Fallout New Vegas installation look like:

.../Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Fallout New Vegas  Or

.../Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Fallout New Vegas 

If so... You have everything under Program Files. This means that Windows *protects* all files within it. Which means mods like Sexout won't work. So you either have to move your installation, or if you don't have multiple drives, have to completely reinstall steam.

To move a game

https://www.howtogeek.com/269515/how-to-move-a-steam-game-to-another-drive-without-re-downloading-it/

Make sure that in the new location, it WON'T be under .../Program Files/..../Fallout New Vegas

If you don't have multiple drives, then the only option I know of, is to uninstall all steam games, uninstall Steam. Reinstall Steam under (for instance) c:/Games/Steam ... And then reinstall all your games again... But perhaps somebody that knows a better way to move Fallout New Vegas outside of Program Files, without having to do all that extra work.

Question 2.

Did you place all files from NVSE directly in .../Steam/SteamApps/Fallout New Vegas ?

NVSE is the only one of the required items that need to go directly to the root of Fallout New Vegas, and not in the Data directory. For this reason NVSE can't be installed through FOMM or other Mod Managers.

Question 3.

Have you installed the rest through FOMM (or another Mod Manager), and also activated the mods and plugins?

Question 4.

Do you start Fallout New Vegas through your mod manager, by 'starting NVSE' or by starting the default 'Fallout New Vegas'?

Fallout New Vegas SHOULD ALWAYS BE STARTED THROUGH NVSE, either be starting it through FOMM-->NVSE option, or by executing .../Steam/SteamApps/Fallout New Vegas/nvse_loader.exe

If these questions+answers don't solve your issues. You can post your installation and load order and tell me what you see...

*Edit. I might hurt Prideslayers feelings with this. But FOMM from this site has been updated until 2013, while on the Nexus I can see a FOMM version that was updated this year.https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54991 . It might be that FOMM on this site is just too old.

*Edit. I might hurt Prideslayers feelings with this. But FOMM from this site has been updated until 2013, while on the Nexus I can see a FOMM version that was updated this year.https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54991 . It might be that FOMM on this site is just too old.

I doubt it would hurt his feelings. He worked with the uploader to Nexus. It appears to be one slight version different. (perhaps but not sure, Loot capable as opposed to BOSS update) The one here should work perfectly fine for Sexout. Doubt there is much change to cause it to break something. Most of the updates even during the time Pride was working on FOMM was added features NOT items that effected the ability to upload (minus the ability to handle larger sized mods like TTW correctly if I remember correctly) and some minor code optimization.

Also he has retired and would likely be very happy someone took a GPL released tool and updated something that needed to be updated. ;)

As for the poster's issues, the screen capture shows the tools (and game) is installed in the x86 folder. Never really did that as it is inadvisable to do so. Not sure of the issues that could happen with it. The game needs to be removed/uninstalled and installed to some other location like the root of C or another drive. Anywhere outside of the Programs folder. Sorry didn't see (recognize) the folder structure as most people I know don't install it there. and I didn't think Steam did so anymore. It has been quite some time since this issue has come up for me at least so I missed it.

So...

To move a game

https://www.howtogeek.com/269515/how-to-move-a-steam-game-to-another-drive-without-re-downloading-it/

Make sure that in the new location, it WON'T be under .../Program Files/..../Fallout New Vegas

Haven't used that techinque but deborg2 knows his shit so I am confident that would be very useful. Once done, and your manager is pointing to the correct location for the game you should be good to go. Also you don't have to use FOMM if you don't want to. Those tutorials are outdated. MO is just as good as well as NMM would work. (Avoid Vortex as it is still in alpha and could cause you problems until it is more mainstream)

Ok, I've tried installing SO in NMM and FOMM and everytime I try to start FONV it immediately crashes. This annoys me to no end and I have no clue what's causing it. I think its SO itself because when I uninstall it, the game runs to the main menu just fine and it used to work perfect for me a year or two ago.

EDIT: Alright, so what I did was completely uninstalled NMM and reinstalled it, put all of SO mods into FOMM and made sure copies were made as well as making sure NMM had no traces of SO mods and now it loads fine......for now.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, maxman885 said:

Im trying to use sexout bodies breezes plus fixes and am getting issues with it, very low resolution and weird texturing everywhere as well as black blobs on arms and legs, how do i fix this?

You have something with the fixes and such you are running into with the default body installed? (you did install the body from the mod ..option? correct? )

If you use any other body, you should install all the parts of that body only. Not use the bodies in the optional packages that Sexout provides. This is not required, but suggested. Keep the body files and conflicts to a minimum this way and avoid many issues like what you experience as well as infinity dicks and tits.

If you like Breezes you can try this.

Kendo, the author, reworked the meshes and such so that there are less conflicts with most clothing mods. Also I believe he reworked the files to be more accurate and such as well.  With this, you wouldn't or shouldn't need the "fix" part of Breeze and if you install another game or armors it should work with less issues (like if you install Project Brazil for example)

YOu can always delete this and go back to the Breezes and fixes you were using before, just remember to remove the older body you installed (or deactivate it if using MO) Like you did (or should) for the current issue you have.

^^^

Or your archive invalidated activation didn't work properly ... lol.

3 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

You have something with the fixes and such you are running into with the default body installed? (you did install the body from the mod ..option? correct? )

If you use any other body, you should install all the parts of that body only. Not use the bodies in the optional packages that Sexout provides. This is not required, but suggested. Keep the body files and conflicts to a minimum this way and avoid many issues like what you experience as well as infinity dicks and tits.

If you like Breezes you can try this.

Kendo, the author, reworked the meshes and such so that there are less conflicts with most clothing mods. Also I believe he reworked the files to be more accurate and such as well.  With this, you wouldn't or shouldn't need the "fix" part of Breeze and if you install another game or armors it should work with less issues (like if you install Project Brazil for example)

YOu can always delete this and go back to the Breezes and fixes you were using before, just remember to remove the older body you installed (or deactivate it if using MO) Like you did (or should) for the current issue you have.

^^^

Or your archive invalidated activation didn't work properly ... lol.

Yeah i dont think my archive invalidation worked properly, i tried it through mod organizer and through fomm, didnt seem to work, just looking for a mod that makes me flaccid when no sex is happening, but hard when it is. 

18 hours ago, maxman885 said:

Yeah i dont think my archive invalidation worked properly, i tried it through mod organizer and through fomm, didnt seem to work, just looking for a mod that makes me flaccid when no sex is happening, but hard when it is. 

Yes, Kendo's version works quite well for me in the past. Either that or don't install any bodys and only use the optional bodies from Sexout and see if that owrks. Not the best but should work as well. I think your problem is trying to use more than one and something is getting messed up.

On 6/29/2018 at 6:00 PM, RitualClarity said:

Yes, Kendo's version works quite well for me in the past. Either that or don't install any bodys and only use the optional bodies from Sexout and see if that owrks. Not the best but should work as well. I think your problem is trying to use more than one and something is getting messed up.

Thanks, ill try Kendos mod, i keep getting underwear and a flaccid penis but i think its on my end, just gotta reinstall. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2013 at 2:19 AM, BruceWayne said:

Additional useful info:

How to make pose mods compatible with sexout in less than a minute:

Open the pose mod in FNVEdit. (deselect all and tick the pose mod's esp)

Navigate to idle animations. Right-click on KnockedDownIdles like shown in the picture. Select remove. Confirm your decision. Exit FNVEdit and save the plugin.

post-37-0-81167800-1373046382_thumb.jpg

Note: As prideslayer rightfully points out, there might be some pose mods out there that change more to the animation tree than KnockedDownIdles. If that is the case, you might run into problems. Either you delete the entries as well and most likely break the mod you are trying to use or you leave them and risk breaking Sexout animations. These kind of mods are very unlikely to be compatible or to be made compatible with simple solutions like above.

However, out of the top pose mods from the Nexus (that only add new poses, like slave-in-pose, Groovatron, etc.) only this little change is required. I think most of them even "work out of the box", since they don't temper with the default animations anymore.

there is a file called smallertalk.esp where should I put that file?

• 1 year later...
18 hours ago, jjba1119 said:

Does the mod framework not work with non-steam copies?

As I understand it, it should work with legitimate versions of Fallout NV. If you are taking about some ripped version then no. However, if You don't have the game, might as well get it from Steam since most of the testing and such was from Steam version (since that was the only place you could get it for a long time. ;) )+

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/7727-sexout-faq-read-this-to-get-started/?do=findComment&comment=2685578

• 6 months later...

Hey so I've done everything right but its the data itself which is killing me. I have the Data package ready to download on both NMM and FOMM. Both of which get up to 4% then stall out. NMM gives me the "Sharing Violation", meanwhile FOMM gives me "The execution has failed due to the bug in the SevenZipSharp. Please report about it to 7zip.com (not gonna type the full link) and post the release number and attack the archive. the Mod was not installed." 

Any idea's on how to force the mod through or get it working properly?