erinc7214

NRAAS Conflicts

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

pigtails that are not listed as being for male in CAS

4 hours ago, namaradus said:

pigtails have over 120 instances/references in the game files

I have a CC object - 'wolf teeth' for a slider extended snout/chin for more realistic werewolves, and it's found in facial hair. Females don't have facial hair by default yet the game will CONSTANTLY spawn this object on female NPC's as well as other sims. Luckily the NRaas/Dresser/Remove Body Hair function cleans that shit up right now because if not - then I would HAVE to change settings in NRaas/MC/Settings/CAS to enable beards for females and then take them into CAS just to remove it manually....

While I can't directly blame EA for this as it is CC - I find the fact the object is INDEED tagged as facial hair and it ends up on females blows my mind. Oddly it NEVER appears randomly on males......

On 2/17/2021 at 12:53 PM, LadySmoks said:

find that dresser seems to ignore the "not valid for random" settings some times.

There's a setting in it's options to not ignore that flag.  I'd forgotten it's set to ignore by default & only recently refound that option.  Or, are you saying you've got it set to not ignore the flag, but it still is at some random times?

[For whoever]  A-hem:  Make backups!  They can -- and will -- save your ass when (not "if", very much so "when") you F over your game.  (Like making changes after being up for 24+ hours, or distracted by doing other things at the same time, or rushing to do something, or any of a ton of other things.  Point is:  make backups.  When in doubt, copy the whole frigging directory.  (yeah, lost a decade's worth of emails once b/c I rushed & didn't take the time to fully read & comprehend and just said "yeah, whatever, just do it already!!!"  So... it happens.   Besides, it's only disk space.  Disks are cheap.  Go get yourself a few dozen terabytes.  😉

Someone ^^^ up there, sorry, quoted a selection & wound up who-knows how many posts later... SP has no conflict with KW.  Some of SP's add-on modules, on the other hand, might.  Depends on how you play, what settings you set for both and what you care about (ergo: @landess's comments).

Saw woohooer mentioned.  When I run KW, I no longer have woohooer in my game.  Is there conflict?  I never saw any issues, and had them both for many months, but just got to where I wanted all woohoo-related activities to be controlled by KW.  Even going so far as to make custom tuning changes to try to curtail/disable EA's woohoo.  Some of those, however, I've backed out.  (Had to, stopped using KW for a few months to remember what it was like.... btw, game runs a helluvalot smoother & for hours w/o the KW shit code barfing all over the place.  But, well, KW adds in something special, so it's back to getting it running again.)

Edit:  Oh, yeah... forgot one thing:  NRaas Careers & KW's school possibly have issues.  I built my own school a year-or-so ago & tried it out, but it seemed as if 1) KW's devs got distracted & didn't actually finish the functionality; and 2) something was pushing my sims (teachers and students) to go home before the end of the school-day, so they'd run out of class, get in a car, go home, go inside, then run out, drive back to the school, and go back inside, but not go back to class.  Basically I got tired of the bloody awful mess & turned that "feature" of KW off.  I strongly suggest not using KW schools.  (But, test it for yourself. Your settings/other mods/other settings/gameplay/sims might work better.)

On 2/20/2021 at 5:15 PM, namaradus said:

120 instances

When you say "instances", you mean instance ID numbers? Corresponding to what??? Because THAT would make the top 10 dumbest things I ever heard. Not being an expert on sim hair, generally what I see from CC is 1 CASP with corresponding instance ID's for teen through elder, 1 CASP for child, and 1 CASP for toddler... then perhaps a second set for male. Although, within TS3 img files, the same img instance ID seems to be used for multiple age groups, if there is a part that needs that image, as the UV for each mesh is similar, if not exactly the same. Again, an easy difference being body parts, as the meshes and UV's for child and toddler are unisex, but as the meshes for teen through elder are different, they use the exact same UV, and can use same image textures... especially for garments.

On 2/20/2021 at 9:23 PM, landess said:

'wolf teeth'

Is this a mesh? I suppose it could also be partly (or entirely) something that @namaradus touched on regarding bad base code inside TS3 itself? I imagine it's just how it's done by everyone, but when I make anything "new", it's cloned from a base part. There are a few ways to get that clone, but what I see is that both TSRW and s3oc use your game files to generate the clone. So, any bad coding in those files BEING cloned will be carried in the new clone. It's another sci fi horror movie!

Point being, if those teeth are cloned from something with bad coding that allows for the random thing, like the pigtails on males, then probably no easy way to fix it other than what you've been doing. Example... FemmeBots. Cloned adult female body parts to pull meshes then cloned Plumbot parts to replace the meshes with the altered female body part meshes. The way I do it is to replace the mesh in TSRW project contents, save and reopen, which seems to make the sim part into a Plumbot part and strip sim "DNA".

Certainly to just rename and repurpose a part in the project tab, the mesh still carries all of it's original tags somewhere... somehow. At least, that has been how it seems to me.

@jdw6, yes, I have gone through all of the settings in Dresser 10 times. ))) This last time was to simply shut a lot off... set number of accessories to add to zero, facial and body hair on age up to zero, etc. If it's a sim I care about, I'll just landess it in CAS. Yes, landessing... or landess it... the act of spending 3 hours in CAS with one sim to change hair and make up for each of the 10 outfits you just made for her after spending 2 hour adjusting sliders.. 1 hr just to get the hips and boobs right!!! )))))) Do that for 30 or 40 sims in that new world you just downloaded over the course of a week or two, and you have just landessed it!!!

OY! I never did that!!! 🤫🤥🤪

ee.jpg.f6eecb1a41f1a690425cb45b9057e1eb.jpg

Although no where near ready for upload, I continue to work on the "skin job" FemmeBots. I'm working with a different shader now, and although not perfect, seams at the neck are much better, and the skin looks closer to a Sim during lighting changes. Still working to improve bone structure to make a better under boob crease. )

5 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

simply shut a lot off.

Yeah.... that's kinda why I went thru all settings for every NRaas mod, and then all KW settings, recently.  Much to my annoyance (as highly as I had regarded the folks behind the NRaas mods) a lot of what pissed me off about the game appeared to be due to settings in Dresser, Register, or SP.  There was a good deal caused from CC creators who lazily checked everything instead of using common sense to restrict what they selected.  It's a pain to go thru several thousand packages & "fix" the CASP properties, but it's what most of January was spent on.  Jeans marked as swimwear just.... gaaahhhhhh... whoever thinks that's acceptable needs a 2x4 to the head!  (Maybe I watched too many A-Team episodes where Mr. T survived that.)

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

When you say "instances", you mean instance ID numbers? Corresponding to what??? Because THAT would make the top 10 dumbest things I ever heard. Not being an expert on sim hair, generally what I see from CC is 1 CASP with corresponding instance ID's for teen through elder, 1 CASP for child, and 1 CASP for toddler... then perhaps a second set for male. Although, within TS3 img files, the same img instance ID seems to be used for multiple age groups, if there is a part that needs that image, as the UV for each mesh is similar, if not exactly the same. Again, an easy difference being body parts, as the meshes and UV's for child and toddler are unisex, but as the meshes for teen through elder are different, they use the exact same UV, and can use same image textures... especially for garments.

I meant files and instance ID numbers the worst part there not easily spotted and spread all over. As I said Graham fucked that up good. I think there was only 3 people that ever found all of them and what they had to do was so time consuming and complicated it wasn't worth it. 

It was the dumbest thing he ever did and that's not saying much since he messed up half of the time. The only reason he kept his job was because he was fucking the boss. He got where he is at in the company by taking it up the ass.

5 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

When you say "instances", you mean instance ID numbers? Corresponding to what??? Because THAT would make the top 10 dumbest things

I really shouldn't be too hard on Graham though, he was originally a brilliant modder who made levels for games like Rainbow 6. Like me he is level designer he should've been making and designing the game worlds and store worlds not making build/buy and CAS stuff but he was too much of a yes man to complain which he should've as they would've had him do world design as the other person that was doing them with me wasn't that good at it. By the time they finally had him make a game world he was so out of practice it was evident as the world he made was the most messed one ever Isla Paradiso. But as I said he was too much of a suck up and brown-noser that he did whatever they wanted even if he wasn't good at it. And he really was taking it the up ass, should've seen the fireworks when his girlfriend found out.

1 hour ago, namaradus said:

make a game world

From what I've read, I'm guessing the lead on a game world was responsible for everything short of concept and creation of any new objects? For example with Midnight Hollow (the world supernatural would've benefited from more) there was the new toy making machine, and a lot specifically designed to include it. 'These' things were made by others and then sent to you to include? Plus you had to design all the Sims which are included as playable options? Same for the Coaster and Roaring Heights? ect....

How about the lighting? I know several lighting mods will use combinations of waters, skies, and effects from different worlds and mash them together for new player options.

With the 'Where's Bella?' trope and attention the Goth family has gotten, I myself was surprised to see Nina and Dina Caliente. I had always been under the impression the Sims 3 was a 'prequel' set 70 years or so before the Sims 2....

Screenshot-958.jpg.4d7d76880cfa078cf52d6d98f6f0e4c9.jpg

Perhaps that only stood concerning the base game, as I also remember one of the worlds had Bella as a child (not the 'Twilight Bella' reference) and that itself is at odds with the child Mortimer from Sunset Valley.

2 hours ago, landess said:

From what I've read, I'm guessing the lead on a game world was responsible for everything short of concept and creation of any new objects? For example with Midnight Hollow (the world supernatural would've benefited from more) there was the new toy making machine, and a lot specifically designed to include it. 'These' things were made by others and then sent to you to include? Plus you had to design all the Sims which are included as playable options? Same for the Coaster and Roaring Heights? ect....

We would give the object designers the concept of the world and they would us show the object designs that they came up with in which the world designer/builder would have to approve or send back to the drawing board so to speak.

Midnight Hollow was meant to be a dark dreary isolated once abandoned Victorian town turned into a home by eccentric misfits it was more suited to be a Gothic world and one of the recommendations for related content that would fit well with the world was the Steam Punk Kitchen as Goths also tend to be Steam Punks and vice versa. Supernatural would not have benefited from it as fairies would've been out of place in a town like that.

Moonlight Falls was more suited for fairies plus we wanted to show the other type of vampires the ones that wanted peaceful co-existence as the Bridgeport vampires almost of all whom are evil showed the predatory type. Vampire lore especially pre-christian lore showed two types of vampires although finding the lore on friendly vampires was and is hard as a lot of it was purged from libraries. 

The sims of any world for most part are based on either common stereo types, characters of old TV shows or on real life people we've meet.

How about the lighting?

Lighting for Midnight Hollow was unique it was meant to amplify the dark atmosphere. Other worlds the lighting was supposed to mirror the regional area the town was based on. Moonlight Falls was the Pacific Northwest those responsible for making the lighting had to travel and stay in those areas too get a "feel" for it and recreate it as best they can.

Nina and Dina Caliente. I had always been under the impression the Sims 3 was a 'prequel' set 70 years or so before the Sims 2....

Yes and no. Most of the worlds in the Sims 3 are set before the Sims 2 . Barnacle Bay was just a mere 6 years before the Sims 2. Dragon Valley was set just 5 years before the Sims 2. Riverview although set in the past, Don Lothario being in Riverview was punishment for his womanizing ways. Lunar Lakes was set way after the Sims 2 around 100 years after.

Another thing about Lunar Lakes if you have it check the graveyard for the final resting place of a well known sim.

So you can consider Barnacle Bay and Dragon Valley as being within the Sims 2 time line same thing with Sunlit Tides.

I think only Twinbrook and Moonlight Falls was set 70 years before the others are within 30 or 40 years.

1 hour ago, namaradus said:

Lighting for Midnight Hollow was unique it was meant to amplify the dark atmosphere

I also use a 'darker nights' mod - so that explains why my experience with Midnight Hollow is so 'good'. As for fairies, I have a couple that aren't so cute and 'goody-goody'. Like a Harpy (I even toned it 'down' a bit for game play as the original I made was somewhat disturbing) and Succubus. Just thinking about what I have been able to do with the Sims 3 always makes me appreciate it more.

It's hard to imagine the 'man-hours' spent on the game making worlds, objects and scripts. Not only the official EA stuff, but including mods - does it have any equal?

Spoiler

Untitled.png.d3ef0dfb5edcdd4a1745f395714ce724.png

Screenshot-471.jpg.a9baabc7c449b78a95a1c9f2fd0fea79.jpg

6 hours ago, landess said:

also use a 'darker nights' mod - so that explains why my experience with Midnight Hollow is so 'good'. As for fairies, I have a couple that aren't so cute and 'goody-goody'. Like a Harpy (I even toned it 'down' a bit for game play as the original I made was somewhat disturbing) and Succubus.

We wouldn't have been able to make something like those without upper management going through the roof and the majority of the fan base wouldn't have bought Supernatural and Supernatural wasn't that popular to begin with going by the sales numbers. And of course going too cutesy like what was done with the Katy Perry Sweet Treats SP didn't go over well with the majority of fan base either. From the statistics going by sales and downloads the 5 most popular Store Worlds:

1. Dragon Valley

2. Riverview (while free it had one of the most account downloads)

3. Midnight Hollow

4. Barnacle Bay

5. Sunlit Tides

rounding out the list

6. Lucky Palms

7. Roaring Heights

8. Hidden Springs

9. Monte Vista

10. Lunar Lakes

11. Aurora Skies

And a note about Riverview it was originally supposed to have been part of the Base Game as a second world but upper management had it yanked out and placed free on the Sims 3 Store as a marketing tactic. 

And a note about Katy Perry Sweet Treats sales was so bad it was yanked off of Origin only way to get it is to find a disc. You can still download it from Origin if you register the disc.

It's hard to imagine the 'man-hours' spent on the game making worlds, objects and scripts. Not only the official EA stuff, but including mods - does it have any equal?

Oblivion, Skyrim, Morrowind, Fallout 3, New Vegas and Fallout 4 had far more man-hours on those things. I was a technical advisor for the atmosphere and concept behind Far Harbor but I never got credited for it, which was fine I got paid regardless so I really didn't care.

I also use a 'darker nights' mod - so that explains why my experience with Midnight Hollow is so 'good'.

I almost forgot to talk about this. We had to make sure we didn't make Midnight Hollow to dark as there is lighting bug that happens only when Seasons is installed and we couldn't fix the bug since we could never figure out the cause. But if bug was to hit Midnight Hollow with the original lighting we wanted but rejected it would've made it almost impossible to see at might and very hard to see during the day only drawback to the current lighting is in the winter the snow makes the night bright and the day even brighter. Lighting mods don't seem to be affected by the bug.

12 hours ago, landess said:

Bella as a child

As I really am a more casual player, I kind of always thought Bella Goth was Bella Bachelor.

9 hours ago, landess said:

was somewhat disturbing

You found it disturbing? OY!!!

10 hours ago, namaradus said:

final resting place of a well known sim.

Hmmm... taking the FemmeBots to Lunar Lakes now!

6 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

I really am a more casual player

This just an effect of being a Sims 2 player for years. Bella Goth was one of the most 'attractive' pre-mades and her marriage to Mortimer Goth, given the age difference, not all was as it appeared.

So imagine after playing the Sims 2 for so long, then getting the Sims 3, loading up the default world and exploring the households. Seeing the 'mansion' and finding it is the Goth residence but the child is named Mortimer, so all the time spent knowing him as an elder now presenting him as a child.

I never played the Sims 1. After years of playing Diablo, the draw for me to play another game presented with that 3/4 top-down view wasn't in the cards for me. So I have no knowledge of any possible Sim history linking that version to later versions such as the Goth connection I speak of.

The following video is pretty well executed and does show the Sims 1 is linked to the rest of the series, but doesn't seem to take this concept to the next level as following versions have. I'm guessing this was a decision in the marketing/creative management part of EA to use the 'soap opera' effect on players - so they would want to know more about the lives of these fictional characters. Drama.... gotta love it.

>>> Still, after watching the video 'IF' management had been pursuing the idea of connecting the different game versions through a factual history which could be followed - The Sims 4 appears to throw the baby out with the bathwater. The Sims 4 has benefited from the popularity of previous versions, yet seems incredibly determined to treat previous versions as unworthy of the players time - practically disowning them....

1 hour ago, landess said:

The following video is pretty well executed and does show the Sims 1

YEAH! A little more than 1 minute in and the narrator says that Bella's brother is Michael Bachelor... so I did get that right! ))))

That was a crazy story about Bella Goth! ))))