"Is there a mod that..." & Requests

I just reached the Mojave outpost on my new game setup, I am level 6, have 6000+ caps, ammos in the 100s each, 30+ stimpacks, and guns enough to deck out a small army. Something is definitely wrong.

I am playing on Hard/Hardcore difficulty, at 50% experience output, with Project Nevada, AWOP (loot disabled), NV Bounties and Increased WasteLand Spawns (all of them).

Therefore, I don't think the game should be made any more difficult. If anything, it probably should be made easier, since it takes me 2 or 3 successive critical head shots to kill the weakest Raider, depending on whether they wear a helm or not, which isn't really realistic. Also, Project Nevada does a good job at limiting food and ammo, but if any merchant and their mother sells rare and powerful weapons & ammo as if the factory was just right across the road, it just seems counter-productive.

Therefore, I am looking for a mod that makes the Wasteland really feel like a wasteland. Is there something that seriously limits whatever uncommon/rare loot is found in containers, or on corpses ? I don't want to go crazy on realism, like with Arwen's (I suspect it would be incompatible with most everything I have as mods anyway), just want to make it so that whenever I aim at an enemy to shoot, I have to be damn sure that burning that ammo is needed, instead of choosing to sneak away silently, for example. I want to cheer out aloud when I find my first Cowboy Repeater that isn't broken beyond any immediate usefulness, still loaded with 20 shells, etc.

Also, if someone could point me to a nice looking Cass/Veronica face overhaul, it would be appreciated. Preferably independent of Mikoto or Ling, since I am using this instead.

Thank you :)

Is there a Type3M body mesh that supports bouncing natual breasts?

Yes' date=' there is.

I am using a combination of :

- Bouncing Natural Breasts

- Body by Race (only the player body)

for the body and animations,

- Compatability Skeleton - BnB BodyExtender

for the skeleton, and

- Bouncing Breasts Type 3 Armors

- Type3M Clothing (not BBB, but still nice to have)

for armor replacers.

It's just a pita to extract the different parts selectively, and get it all up and running.

Sexout does not seem to work with "Armors by Race with removable undies".

I just reached the Mojave outpost on my new game setup' date=' I am level 6, have 6000+ caps, ammos in the 100s each, 30+ stimpacks, and guns enough to deck out a small army. Something is definitely wrong.

I am playing on Hard/Hardcore difficulty, at 50% experience output, with Project Nevada, AWOP (loot disabled), NV Bounties and Increased WasteLand Spawns (all of them).

Therefore, I don't think the game should be made any more difficult. If anything, it probably should be made easier, since it takes me 2 or 3 successive critical head shots to kill the weakest Raider, depending on whether they wear a helm or not, which isn't really realistic. Also, Project Nevada does a good job at limiting food and ammo, but if any merchant and their mother sells rare and powerful weapons & ammo as if the factory was just right across the road, it just seems counter-productive.

Therefore, I am looking for a mod that makes the Wasteland really feel like a wasteland. Is there something that seriously limits whatever uncommon/rare loot is found in containers, or on corpses ? I don't want to go crazy on realism, like with Arwen's (I suspect it would be incompatible with most everything I have as mods anyway), just want to make it so that whenever I aim at an enemy to shoot, I have to be damn sure that burning that ammo is needed, instead of choosing to sneak away silently, for example. I want to cheer out aloud when I find my first Cowboy Repeater that isn't broken beyond any immediate usefulness, still loaded with 20 shells, etc.

Also, if someone could point me to a nice looking Cass/Veronica face overhaul, it would be appreciated. Preferably independent of Mikoto or Ling, since I am using this instead.

I think what you're looking for may be here:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/35015

The Puce Moose Tweak and Rebalance center has a TON of different plugins for things like making combat more deadly, making loot MUCH more rare, making cover more useful, explosives more dangerous, and so much more. And the best part is its all modular an independent (much like Sexout and its myriad features) so you can take only the ones you want and ignore the rest.

I just reached the Mojave outpost on my new game setup' date=' I am level 6, have 6000+ caps, ammos in the 100s each, 30+ stimpacks, and guns enough to deck out a small army. Something is definitely wrong.

The Puce Moose Tweak and Rebalance center has a TON of different plugins for things like making combat more deadly, making loot MUCH more rare, making cover more useful, explosives more dangerous, and so much more. And the best part is its all modular an independent (much like Sexout and its myriad features) so you can take only the ones you want and ignore the rest.

But this probably will not fully address the imbalances introduced by other mods (like awop). To achieve that you would probably need a tool which went through all unrecognized records and applied some sort of systematic rules to them.

The Puce Moose Tweak and Rebalance center has a TON of different plugins for things like making combat more deadly' date=' making loot MUCH more rare, making cover more useful, explosives more dangerous, and so much more. And the best part is its all modular an independent (much like Sexout and its myriad features) so you can take only the ones you want and ignore the rest.

[/quote']

Thank you for the suggestion.

I actually had a look at Puce Moose's mods, and am even using some of them already (the destruction and more lethal grenades/mines stuff).

I didn't pick the rest of the mods, because they seemed to only change the loot distribution of chems/food/ammo, which "Project Nevada Rebalance" more or less already handles for me.

My issue is really with finding caps and valuable stuff in almost every container/corpse : frag grenades & dynamite galore, electronic or mechanical devices and tools which should remain rare, etc.

I will still follow your advice, and have a second look at what these mods exactly do in FNVedit.

But this probably will not fully address the imbalances introduced by other mods (like awop). To achieve that you would probably need a tool which went through all unrecognized records and applied some sort of systematic rules to them.

You're right, I thought that disabling all the loot options in AWOP's MCM menu would effectively help reducing the value of the drops, but it does not.

I am fine with finding a 10mm, or a cowboy repeater, on a raider that actually uses these weapons in a fight, but more often than not I also find extremely valuable frag grenades with them, plus laser weapons which they don't seem to use (and which, if memory serves, remained fairly rare weapons to be found at lower levels in Fallout 1&2), plus chems, plus caps, plus ammo, plus, plus, plus...

It really adds up quickly. Having reached Novac, I am now struggling to find anything to spend my caps on.

Maybe does "Increased Wasteland Spawns" also contribute to the loot debauchery ?

I assume I will have to load all the mods in GECK, and customize them to my needs. Where should I start looking for the leveled item lists ?

Not asking for a full fledged tutorial, but some pointers would be appreciated, if you had the time.

Thank you.

I assume I will have to load all the mods in GECK' date=' and customize them to my needs. Where should I start looking for the leveled item lists ?

Not asking for a full fledged tutorial, but some pointers would be appreciated, if you had the time.

[/quote']

I would just open my installed list of games using FNVEdit with all installed mods selected (FOMM will do this for you). And then I would open up the relevant trees in suspect mods, and inspect their contents.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, if you have already gone through the Puce Moose's tweaks my tips are these...

First off, install a Realistic carryweight mod. It will limit how much loot you can carry to a more realistic level, decreasing both your personal armory as well as the caps you find.

Imp's More Complex needs is great for adding that extra challange to hardcore IMO, but it will not work with anything that alters in-game drugs or foods, so you would have to drop project nevada.

If you DO decide to use PMT I reccomend Realistic weapons jamming, since almost everything you will find laying around will have very low condition, this immidiatly adds the challange of getting well-repaired guns, since guns with low condition will jam a lot... Note that this adds jamming to the enemies as well.

PMT Tougher economy also helps you get rid of extra caps, even if you dont use the rest of PMT, since everything will get a lot more expensive.

Personally I wouldn't play without New Vegas Realistic battle and dynamic combat ( http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/34921 ). It makes the game easier if you are a sniper-type character, or harder, if you are a close combat character. Basically it makes guns realisticly deadly... A low level character with low gunsskills and a 9mm is deadly against unarmoured targets. The flipside is that your character is also killed by a couple of shots.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a mod that adds the Particle Magnum http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Particle_magnum (Ronon Dex's Gun from Stargate Atlantis) to Fallout 3 or NV? I've seen Youtube videos on mods like it, but never a link, or a reply on whether they were released or not.

Is there a mod like EWE (http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/10640) for Fallout NV. Something that overhauls energy weapons?

Lastly, does anyone have a link to the Book of Earache for Fallout 3?

Thanks for any help :)

Closest thing to your particle magnum I can find: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/42268

EWE is now EVE: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/42666

And here's your Book of Earache: http://www.moddb.com/mods/book-of-earache-vegas-edition/downloads/book-of-earache-vegas-edition-v30

Google-fu. And bam.

Thank you very much, worse part is I have EVE bookmarked for later ;p

As for Book of Earache, I have the Vegas, I was hoping someone might still have the Fo3 version (although I think I can piece it together from other mods at this point)

*Edit* Found the Fallout 3 version http://www.fileplanet.com/216904/download/Fallout-3---Book-of-Earache-Mod

My Google-fu seems to be coming and going lately XD

The Old Western Energy weapons are definitely going to be a must have for me from now on.

Thanks again :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Is there an alternative place to download the RE pack?

Thanks!

Wow thanks that looks pretty cool. Is the one with the better shoes in the same pack? If so I'll just download the whole thing and search.

Yes' date=' I had meant to be saying that they were in the same pack.

And the shoes are the shoes on "SHEVA CLUBBING.nif" in that pack. Most of the shoes from other models do not fit on that dress (unless you use blender or some other tool to make them fit). But I do not see a picture of that clubbing outfit in the thread where I got the other picture.

P.S. Nifskope complains about a recursive error when I replace the excella dress shoes with the sheva clubbing shoes. I have not tried this model in game. But it looks fine in nifskope (assuming you are after a "grecian dress" look -- they extend up the calf almost to the knee, which is perhaps a bit much for that dress).

That thread made me very happy.

I actually installed the RE pack last night after I saw your reply. I did not expect to find so many outfits I like in it lol. Is there an easy way to swap the shoes from one outfit to another? I'm not a modder yet myself.

Looks to me like it'd go good with the Vault-Tec power armor

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/17725

Yeah I know of this one. But it already has it's own matching helmet as well as the Air Force Power Armor T-57c...not exactly what I'm looking for. Hmm...I'll just try how it will look with the Star Paladin PA from T51 Variants / Colossus Brotherhood and Outcasts...or Warhammer 40k Sisters of Battle.

Thanks anyway... :)

Is there a mod or even a .ini edit that removes the screen blur when you get shot? Also' date=' can anyone link me to the mod that removes the VATS blur, as well? Thanks in advance.

[/quote']

For Fallout 3:

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/5051

For New Vegas:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/35543

or

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/44486 <- better IMO

That second New Vegas one was JUST what I was looking for. Thanks man!