Suggestion: Option to disable sound altogether, a check against the SexoutSFLVendorBDSMGags list to automatically support muffled sounds, and a way to play/prevent muffled sounds regardless of that list.

10-4 on the gags/muffled.

As the system is now, it already falls back on the default SexoutNG sound token if certain criteria aren't met.  But I'm guessing you mean further than that and explicitly turning off sound for the subject?

Yes, forcing them silent to neither the Sexout defaults nor your sounds play.

So the GagBaseEffect doesn't play its own sounds?  I remember a gag that did that.  Where did I see that?  I thought ZAZ gags had an effect in SO.

I can simply add a muffled/silenced option and add support for those, then they can customize those as well.  I just want to make sure I don't hijack something that's already a feature for the items, without providing a way to opt out.

Well damn all the gag effect scripts are empty.  Am I looking in the wrong place?  If not, then I could just make SCR a dep and write gag support myself and it would be a new feature. 

I would suggest writing it yourself, since the different types (ie. consensual vs. forced) would need different versions of muffled sounds.

That works for me.  Good point on the difference.  I've never used any gags or ZAZ in my playthroughs so I'm pretty ignorant on them.  I think the closest I've gotten to seeing them in game was being captured by CookCook once with Tryouts I think.  Looked like ZAZ stuff to me.

Will get to work on this.

OK how does this strike your fancy?

CONTROL VARIABLES:

Set these on an actor before/beginning of the scene.
npcREF.NX_SetEVFl "SOSr:Control::stgTimer" 0,1 ;(take control of scene stages let them progress normally)

Skip, stay at, or direct scene stages.  
npcREF.NX_SetEVFl "SOSr:Control::Stage1" 0,1,2 ;(skip, play, mute)
npcREF.NX_SetEVFl "SOSr:Control::Stage2" 0,1,2 ;(skip, play, mute)
npcREF.NX_SetEVFl "SOSr:Control::Stage3" 0,1,2 ;(skip, play, mute)

Select the sounds to play for your subject NPC.  These would apply to the subject as an 'is' and not an 'areReceiving'.
npcREF.NX_SetEVFl "SOSr:Control::sndTone" 1,2,3,4 ;(select the Tone of the sounds to play for the scene)
npcREF.NX_SetEVFl "SOSr:Control::sndAuth" 0,1,2 ;(select the Authority level of the subject NPC)
npcREF.NX_SetEVFl "SOSr:Control::sndRole" 0,1,2,3 ;(select the Role of the subject NPC)

The sound token can take it from there.  Including automatically selecting a gagged version of the "Abusive" combinations below, if the subject has a gag equipped.  ie. Submissives get a "Faint" version, Victims get a "Muffled" version.

Tone:
(0) Default
(1) Standard
(2) Casual
(3) Taboo
(4) Abusive

Authority:
(0) Consensual
(1) Coerced
(2) Forced

Roles:
(0) Mutual
(1) Dominant
(2) Submissive
(3) Victim

SUPPORTED COMBINATIONS:

PLAYER ONLY
(0) Default : (0) Consensual : (0) Mutual
(0) Default : (2) Forced : (3) Victim+Muffled

STANDARD
(1) Standard : (0) Consensual : (0) Mutual
(1) Standard : (0) Consensual : (1) Dominant
(1) Standard : (0) Consensual : (2) Submissive
(1) Standard : (1) Coerced : (2) Submissive
(1) Standard : (1) Coerced : (3) Victim

CASUAL
(2) Casual : (0) Consensual : (0) Mutual
(2) Casual : (0) Consensual : (1) Dominant
(2) Casual : (0) Consensual : (2) Submissive

TABOO
(3) Taboo : (0) Consensual : (0) Mutual
(3) Taboo : (0) Consensual : (1) Dominant
(3) Taboo : (0) Consensual : (2) Submissive
(3) Taboo : (1) Coerced : (2) Submissive
(3) Taboo : (1) Coerced : (3) Victim
(3) Taboo : (2) Forced : (2) Submissive
(3) Taboo : (2) Forced : (3) Victim

ABUSIVE
(4) Abusive : (0) Consensual : (0) Mutual
(4) Abusive : (0) Consensual : (1) Dominant
(4) Abusive : (0) Consensual : (2) Submissive+Faint
(4) Abusive : (1) Coerced : (2) Submissive+Faint
(4) Abusive : (1) Coerced : (3) Victim+Muffled
(4) Abusive : (2) Forced : (2) Submissive+Faint
(4) Abusive : (2) Forced : (3) Victim+Muffled

Well damn all the gag effect scripts are empty.  Am I looking in the wrong place?  If not, then I could just make SCR a dep and write gag support myself and it would be a new feature. 

Well, they've always been empty as far as I know, in theory they should prevent any text/voice dialogue for gagged actors too, but that would get messy allowing inventory etc still.

There's no reason we can't add any universal scripting into SCR or perhaps I could have the SCR Gag effect add a list of spells contained in a formlist that could be added to by other mods. Similar for Blindfolds & Cuffs / Shackles too perhaps.

Well, they've always been empty as far as I know, in theory they should prevent any text/voice dialogue for gagged actors too, but that would get messy allowing inventory etc still.

There's no reason we can't add any universal scripting into SCR or perhaps I could have the SCR Gag effect add a list of spells contained in a formlist that could be added to by other mods. Similar for Blindfolds & Cuffs / Shackles too perhaps.

I was just going to add something like...:

containerREF.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:Start::isGagged" 1

To the empty effect script.  Then when they put it on it's set.  Will that work?  I think the gags (at least all the ones I've looked at) in SCR are all already set to use the gag base effect?  Or I guess I could refine that even further for the open gags.  ie. isGagged, isOpenGagged?

EDIT:  But I guess if I do that, then I'll need to add isGagged to the NG callbacks as well won't I?

Edited by t3589

I honestly think that's a bit much. It's a good idea to support Set/GetEVFl for modders referencing this mod because this mod needs to be optional. But there's no reason for you to not just directly check an NPCs equipped items aganist the Gags list in SCR.

I honestly think that's a bit much. It's a good idea to support Set/GetEVFl for modders referencing this mod because this mod needs to be optional. But there's no reason for you to not just directly check an NPCs equipped items aganist the Gags list in SCR.

Yeah I'm not exactly sure how to do that yet.  Or I prob do but haven't been able to envision how that would work without needing to check each and every gag in the list individually.  I was trying to do it all in one shot so to speak.  You're right though I should stop procrastinating and learn how to handle formlists.

I am thinking in terms of using 'ref.getequipped target' over and over for each item.  I just don't know yet how to get all equipped items in one blow, then get at just that match for gags, and return 1, all in one line referencing a formlist.  It's not clicking.

As far as I'm aware, if you check a formlist the engine treats the formlist as a big list of ORs. So if you check Player.GetItemEquipped GagList it should return 1 if any of the items in the list are equipped.

Yep.  lol  I need to learn formlists.  How much simpler can it be?

Sometimes, I tell ya...

Thanks again.

As far as I'm aware, if you check a formlist the engine treats the formlist as a big list of ORs. So if you check Player.GetItemEquipped GagList it should return 1 if any of the items in the list are equipped.

Yep this works, I do it all the time in outfit swapping scripts.

Set rCurrOutfit to rZActor.GetEquippedObject 2

if NX_IsInList SexoutSLOutfitArmorCombatAll rCurrOutfit > 0 

; **** if the outfit is in the listDo Stuff do stuff

endif

Alright, updated the Custom Hooks in the OP to reflect any changes.  Oral is done across the board.  Gag detection is in.  'Standard' Tone is done.  Only have 'Abusive', 'Casual', and 'Taboo' left to do.  Then I'll release this one as a beta for a minute and let folks take it for a spin.  SCR will be a dep from now on.

Done.  Just need to create the filename lists, pack everything up in a new SOSReplacerKitResoucres and this new one should be ready for testing.  I'll upload it later this evening.

Until then :)

How many lines should it take before I start to worry about splitting things up into separate scripts?  This thing is a beast with tentacles.

Around 600-850 lines in my experience, it depends on the numbers of variables & functions more than number of ASCII characters.

It's not lines, it's compiled script size. The GECK will scream at you if you go over the limit; worry then.

There is also an ASCII script size limit, it's a different error message, I've had to remove comments and shorten variable names at times to add more code, so it's not just compiled size in my experience as I didn't think comments went into the compiled code.

High on my wish list for sexout/ sexoutplugins was sound set for sex so this is great.There are heaps of sounds set for lovers pk for both rape and con sex if any one is looking for possible sounds to use.

lovers pk rev 96 I think comes with 8 sounds sets.There are others but they may be strange sounding japanese ones. One thing that you might include is male moaning sounds ?