Toys Poll  

849 members have voted

1. 1. The most important feature in Toys is...

• The toys themselves
    • Toys Effects & Buffs, incl. transformation & unique escape methods
    • Toys "Love" features... Rousing, Fondle, Denial, Oversexed, Spontaneous Orgasm
    • Animations... Bound, Blind Fall, Spontaneous Orgasm, Signing, & Other
  2. 2. When using Toys, I normally have...

• Only Toys Framework installed
    • Toys + DD installed
    • Toys + ZAP installed
    • Toys + ZAP + DD installed

31 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

You should find that fixed now, in Alpha 2

That's right, I think.

I was busy to check it out right away. That was before I read the line "needs a new game" :classic_ohmy:

Alpha 1 gag test

Spoiler

4 toy gags in test.

All face expressions worked at first, but they loose the gag open mouth expression after only a short while

Reapplying them resets the expression, but only for a short while again.

767210236_enb2021_02_2800_55_20_05.jpg.e525302d0dd62f72e492c44ea5a8ed71.jpg

Also Mistress became annoyed to see Onryou playing around with toys without asking for permission or as result of a punishment ?‍♀️

1447191440_enb2021_02_2800_52_51_24.jpg.fb314281ba5792c732c23bc4d3ccb03d.jpg

1049743609_enb2021_02_2800_51_49_82.jpg.e29ca44da4eeb5a7b55a495ebb60124f.jpg

1430433214_enb2021_02_2800_44_13_80.jpg.3611717c6c1d7ff7ff634f25b272758f.jpg

1460229820_enb2021_02_2800_43_35_36.jpg.ed23a322c0b14e924af99f9095b048c6.jpg

Alpha 2 gag test

Spoiler

Just a quick test with Alpha 2

Sequence of an alpha 2 toy gag

Shortly after equipping the mouth opens incredibly wide

901735355_enb2021_02_2817_26_20_76.jpg.3bafedf21d13bb5e4999dbc8f8b5811a.jpg

After a short while the facial expressions fails

2110784370_enb2021_02_2817_27_20_06.jpg.223b484b4b7b0f546001ee5f17df7eff.jpg

1922595168_enb2021_02_2817_28_03_65.jpg.3a87337fe780170b2612f80b948255d4.jpg

but recovers a few seconds later

not sure yet if the expression updated because of the new toy gag system or if any toy idle gets refreshed

546763745_enb2021_02_2817_29_39_11.jpg.d37e7dd8f4d31594cb25e48864bcf834.jpg

And you where right, with Alpha 1 wrist cuffs I was able to break most heavy_bondage DD idles.

I only had a quick look into toys alpha 2 and I like the new toy idles a lot (do worn toys now also change facial expressions?).

The armbinder with hands was already successfully tested by SLtR Mistress (no more amputations!)

Spoiler

774666729_enb2021_02_2817_15_21_83.jpg.01f691797229752d5fd057715b68191c.jpg

Whipping scenes in combination with armbinders don't cause amputated hands anymore

881606435_enb2021_02_2817_19_41_99.jpg.a508ade2f3da4cd0f290548041e57430.jpg

HARDCORE!

1878667852_enb2021_02_2817_20_53_55.jpg.3cc5af92db8d6cb782211753004de829.jpg

Run lola RUN

245683194_enb2021_02_2817_23_57_02.jpg.96fe2e94d8174cefe8ecc925c69dff25.jpg

29 minutes ago, audhol said:

You would prefer it to be an add on to the harness? I'm thinking of adding thigh straps with suspenders to it andaybe some chains over the boobies that have little spikes in them. 

OHA! Good thinking ?

My first idea was more like a metal bra with spikes in them (because of the frustration to not be able to remove it quickly). Not really an eye candy tho, because you wouldn't see much right?

Your idea is better, especially because your working already on the harness. Chains with spikes would be an eye candy while also leave the idea how much discomfort they might cause to the player... errr... PC ?

Other inspirations are things like those:

Spoiler

Maybe as addon to the harness or to the chain harness

244829667_spike1.jpg.a79bc2363ab73f5ca721901b427e333a.jpg

Or maybe as ebonite version?

Would add more pressure while giving a hint from the outside whats in the inside

516355197_spike2a.jpg.4192d8a4c24ac1574228047076180440.jpg

1806031701_spike2b.jpg.bf30276917ddad7ec78ff9365cdf76ba.jpg

3 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

As far as I know, DD does not distribute keys. You have other mods doing that. Or do I have that wrong?

This is an idea for removal services. For a feature built into the framework we need something more generic, and not having the feel of a quest, since a framework is not a quest mod. Randomly found in chests is an example method, but I want to think outside of that "box".

Great example for a quest mod.

No mod that is a plugin with script, can be safely uninstalled, unless its the last mod in your load order (and a framework never is). In all cases you will eventually corrupt your save. Always follow the Golden Rule. Safe uninstall is a fallacy.

Thanks for all the great answers. There are a good few mods already out there that offer alternate or additional forms of escape but there are few that have a realistic or immersive form of escape and I find that a pity because I think there should be. When a pc gets fully restrained, the primary objective should be to escape from devices one at a time, for instance hand/arm restraints should be tackled first before anything else. In DD/DCL you can still unlock almost any device in any order as long as you have the right key just by selecting it in inventory etc. DDEquip however is the only mod I know of that lets you customise your escape method so perhaps you could look at that for inspiration?

1 hour ago, donttouchmethere said:

Shortly after equipping the mouth opens incredibly wide

I have a feeling, the Toys Mouth Open Wide Effect is conflicting with something else, because that's not my open wide, wideness.... its too wide!

After a short while the facial expressions fails

Something else must be doing that. What you got installed there? Or any chance you are trying to NOT start a new game? :P Because that too, has some chance of impact. 

not sure yet if the expression updated because of the new toy gag system or if any toy idle gets refreshed

Because expressions are famously interfered with, I have a periodic update that will fix. This is also needed when you load into the game.

35 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Whipping scenes in combination with armbinders don't cause amputated hands anymore

Technically Toys never DID cause such insanity, given that Alpha 2 is the first Toys release to do armbinders. But I tease because I know what you meant. The disadvantage here is that we are not trying to support the super tight armbinder stuff, since that does require cutting the hands off.

20 minutes ago, audhol said:
35 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

do worn toys now also change facial expressions?).

That's a good idea, I don't know how to do that but I will look into it, unless VM already knows? 

Are you guys talking about expressions other than mouth wide open for a gag? A look of pain when being whipped? Only time Toys does that now is during Spontaneous Orgasm, plus it offers API functions for mod authors to use and do their own. But an effect for a toy could do this, but lets get specific. This does not really feel like a toy specific thing, but more like the combination of what's going on.. the scene (so its the content mod not Toys), or maybe the arousal level, which could be Toys.

35 minutes ago, audhol said:

?Exactly!

Those things really bring toys to life:

> sound effects (rattling of chains, high heel sounds, heavy breathing, gagged moaning)

> facial expressions (the famous "the gag look" or frustration/anger because of restrains)

> events that show effects of the toys (pain squeak, idle scene, debuffs, labored breathing, crawling, tears n'drool)

> idles (I still have to see the new ones, guess I will have to do Skyrim civil war in toys :classic_sleep:)

> limitations (slow walk, can't use hands, no swimming)

> maybe even tats that show the effects after removal of the toys for a while

(> maybe this one is more for a toy addon: NPC reactions, like comments or gestures)

5 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

does not really feel like a toy specific thing, but more like the combination of what's going on.. the scene (so its the content mod not Toys), or maybe the arousal level, which could be Toys.

Maybe we could trigger something when fondle thyself happens or on equipalook of surprise? Certainly some interesting options but I don't know if it's script (you) or animation (me) based, do you? 

31 minutes ago, jigwigigx said:

When a pc gets fully restrained, the primary objective should be to escape from devices one at a time, for instance hand/arm restraints should be tackled first before anything else.

This would be a good feature for when using keys, and Toys does not do that for atm. I've added it to my to do list, its very doable.

For other escape methods in toys, order would not matter, for example falling off when hit in combat, and blown off by your orgasm, these would never require that your hands are untied first.

3 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

> sound effects (rattling of chains, high heel sounds, heavy breathing, gagged moaning)

> facial expressions (the famous "the gag look" or frustration/anger because of restrains)

> events that show effects of the toys (pain squeak, idle scene, debuffs, labored breathing, crawling, tears n'drool)

> idles (I still have to see the new ones, guess I will have to do Skyrim civil war in toys :classic_sleep:)

(> maybe more for an toy addon: NPC reactions, like comments or gestures)

You should consider coming on the discord to be part of the ideas commity. There are lots of good ideas in what you say that we could implement (I think the boss would agree, hey boss @VirginMarie) We do have plans for more animation events to increase immersion however I think VM wants to keep restrictions to a minimum to allow toys to be used in a play through without overly handicapping the player. 

10 minutes ago, audhol said:

Certainly some interesting options but I don't know if it's script (you) or animation (me) based, do you? 

Its script for expressions, like how the Mouth Open Wide effect works now.

I think VM wants to keep restrictions to a minimum to allow toys to be used in a play through without overly handicapping the player. 

Optional restrictions are fine. Its up to the mod author. Toys will support both softcore and hard core play styles

19 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

I have a feeling, the Toys Mouth Open Wide Effect is conflicting with something else, because that's not my open wide, wideness.... its too wide!

Alright, than it's KZiit's gag expression that shows first before toys take over

Or any chance you are trying to NOT start a new game? 

Of course I try exactly that :classic_ph34r:

Because expressions are famously interfered with, I have a periodic update that will fix. This is also needed when you load into the game

Now on my long-therm "to be watched" list. ?

But an effect for a toy could do this, but lets get specific. This does not really feel like a toy specific thing, but more like the combination of what's going on.. the scene (so its the content mod not Toys), or maybe the arousal level, which could be Toys.

Yes I don't mean the open mouth effect.

More an expression of frustration or sadness while being bound in certain toys. Or just played while toy idles do their thing.

I guess I need to make some more screenshots of ZAP and Kziit stuff to show what I mean, although I think audhol knows already what the idea is.

But I tease because I know what you meant.

uff, for a moment I thought... ?

The disadvantage here is that we are not trying to support the super tight armbinder stuff, since that does require cutting the hands off.

Or just another way to do things. Toys doesn't need to copy everything, but rather come up with solutions that work instead of limiting SL just to hide some missing hands ?

11 minutes ago, audhol said:

I think VM wants to keep restrictions to a minimum to allow toys to be used in a play through without overly handicapping the player. 

Yeah, I understand what you mean and what the idea is.

I still believe most issues of that sort can be solved by MCM switches.

As you can see limiting the player is a rather small part of a whole "immersion" package.

Seeing/hearing the effects of toys is what really makes a difference.

(and glorious little events! They are sooo important lol, that's what also makes SLaV so unique)

16 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

(> maybe more for an toy addon: NPC reactions, like comments or gestures)

That's a really good comprehensive list.

• Sound - check. We have that for bells and chains. Not for heels. Coming for gags. Heavy breathing? well that's in the Exhausted Effect at least
  • Expressions - Ok will work with Audhol I can see he already has ideas. I just need trigger points that make sense
  • Limitations - Slow is planned and coming, Can't use hands is done and will be doing even more with it. No swimming... I don't know a way to prevent it. Trust me, if I find a way, I would do it ! This if ever, would be after V1
  • Tats - problematic. Hard to get right. SlaveTats is very slow script-wise, I do it without SlavTats. Requires textures that we don't have. This idea will live on but its for after V1
  • NPC reactions - I feel that this DOES belong in the framework. You volunteering to write them? I'd not over-do it. MCM would have some control on it too. They can be based on seeing any toy worn, or any active effect
9 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Seeing/hearing the effects of toys is what really makes a difference.

(and glorious little events! They are sooo important lol, that's what also makes SLaV so unique)

My wife always tells me it's the little things that make the difference, but I never understood what she meant. 

15 minutes ago, audhol said:

My wife always tells me it's the little things that make the difference, but I never understood what she meant. 

??

I also can't imagine what she meant by that. ?‍♂️

Mysterious ?

16 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

That's a really good comprehensive list.

That was just what came to mind first and it helps that toys does a lot of those things already (in an ALPHA!!!)

I have to organize my thoughts a bit more and write them down. It's all those things I thought about while walking my poor restrained PC thru half of Skyrim to find a blacksmith ?

The idea is that wearing toys alone already tells a story without any fixed quest scene.

The quest scenes create with/for toys are the icing on the cake.

If the idea is that toys allow a "continuous" play-through, than the toys will have to shine on the road!

(With my actual LO I managed that now even with DDs, but it was a long way plastered with tears and broken keys. Also it helps that modders created so many awesome stuff in 2020)

41 minutes ago, audhol said:

You should consider coming on the discord to be part of the ideas commity. There are lots of good ideas in what you say that we could implement (I think the boss would agree, hey boss @VirginMarie) We do have plans for more animation events to increase immersion however I think VM wants to keep restrictions to a minimum to allow toys to be used in a play through without overly handicapping the player. 

Checking in right now ?

53 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

This would be a good feature for when using keys, and Toys does not do that for atm. I've added it to my to do list, its very doable.

For other escape methods in toys, order would not matter, for example falling off when hit in combat, and blown off by your orgasm, these would never require that your hands are untied first.

Happy days. I look forward to seeing it implemented. Incidentally, I ignored your advice about uninstalling and playing on with the same savegame, I used save cleaning tool like I normally do and then continued with my game until I ran into a horseless headless horseman. In 10 years of playing Skyrim it's a new one on me.  ?

ScreenShot307.jpg

11 minutes ago, jigwigigx said:

I used save cleaning tool like I normally do and then continued with my game until I ran into a horseless headless horseman. In 10 years of playing Skyrim it's a new one on me.

Save cleaning tools help, but the save corruption will eventually creep in. 

If you follow that headless horseman to his home, you will find one of the secret Nocturnal statues of SLaV (if SLaV is installed).