Toys Poll  

841 members have voted

1. 1. The most important feature in Toys is...

• The toys themselves
    • Toys Effects & Buffs, incl. transformation & unique escape methods
    • Toys "Love" features... Rousing, Fondle, Denial, Oversexed, Spontaneous Orgasm
    • Animations... Bound, Blind Fall, Spontaneous Orgasm, Signing, & Other
  2. 2. When using Toys, I normally have...

• Only Toys Framework installed
    • Toys + DD installed
    • Toys + ZAP installed
    • Toys + ZAP + DD installed

1 hour ago, gregaaz said:

I'm not sure wetness needs to have its own effect (unless you want it for dramatic effect with the wetness meter getting engaged). The reason I say this is that without a hook to Dripping While Aroused, basic Sexlab only has wetness effects on orgasm... and you'll already see a change in cold resistance when the satisfied character's arousal (and therefor arousal-based warmth) drops sharply. 

I like wetness, so I'm a bit excited about contributing to that meter. 

Toys already does the "Dripping while Aroused" thing. It does the squirting during Spontaneous Orgasm, and adds it to sexlab orgasms. You will see those without Dripping while Aroused installed.

8 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Toys already does the "Dripping while Aroused" thing. It does the squirting during Spontaneous Orgasm, and adds it to sexlab orgasms. You will see those without Dripping while Aroused installed.

What does Toys do if Dripping while Aroused is installed?

25 minutes ago, Herowynne said:

I didn't notice any obvious conflict behavior when I was playing through, but I didn't mess with it much. Indeed, if the result is two different sets of art assets being used for dripping and squirting, that's probably a net gain in the immersion department as long as it doesn't rise to the "female firehose" fetish territory.

44 minutes ago, Herowynne said:

17 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

Indeed, if the result is two different sets of art assets being used for dripping and squirting,

Well yes, indeed, they would both be adding the effect (only in the sexlab scene case). So I was about to say maybe its the lag thing culprit, but nope, that mod cant be doing its thing during STanding Stone. The squirting could still be the cause if my nif for it is not happy in SE. Any chance what you are seeing is timed with the squirts instead of the stage change? On the standing stone, I do the squirts ALOT. We are talking multi-orgasmic here.

52 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Well yes, indeed, they would both be adding the effect (only in the sexlab scene case). So I was about to say maybe its the lag thing culprit, but nope, that mod cant be doing its thing during STanding Stone. The squirting could still be the cause if my nif for it is not happy in SE. Any chance what you are seeing is timed with the squirts instead of the stage change? On the standing stone, I do the squirts ALOT. We are talking multi-orgasmic here.

That's a possibility. Because my character was doggy style in the water, the squirt timing wasn't always obvious, but I'll check again and see if there's a correlation. 

@VirginMarie, please see the attached video which should illustrate the timing of the pauses at the phasing stone. On at least some of them, the squirting commences prior to the pause but I think you are onto something about it being tied to the orgasms as there seems to be at least some correlation.

Also, thank goodness for fiber-optic internet with high upload speeds!

hello marie i like mod u did ,playing it since few days,i wanted just ask couple question if u don mind,wearing plug and chastity belt the first one when start the mod,doesnt prevent being raped,i ve seen also wearing toy plug dont make some mod like devious butt strating,is it intentional to keep mod lets say a non devious device related? last question do u think your mod will have conflict with abba aroused base breast? i don know if is important ,i am LE user with cosio cbbe if that matter.danke schoen

34 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

please see the attached video which should illustrate the timing of the pauses at the phasing stone. On at least some of them, the squirting commences prior to the pause but I think you are onto something about it being tied to the orgasms as there seems to be at least some correlation

Thank you helps a ton to see it on video. Your character is well below the default "1" height right? Is why the animation does not fit you.

I don't think it looks tied to squirting or stage changes. Its more like a periodic rendering lag, that is occurring as it pauses while trying to catch up, like playing a video on slow internet. This is actually a feature in windows that was not around without 64 bit. In LE you would just ctd (but in this case it does not have any problem in LE, but in LE you can't run 1000 mods either). This does not rule out the squirting, but...

...I've not thought to ask, does this happen during Spontaneous Orgasm? It has squirting too. To recreate that quickly just turn chance up 100, and arousal down low and you will get the event in less than a minute. If it does not happen, then please try it in the water, its more graphically intense there. Don't need to see more video.

Also knowing if it happens or not if you remove just Toys and keep everything the same, would stop us from barking up the wrong tree. I'd do that first.

Also that's a very high quality video, you must be volunteering to make the next video for Toys, like the one on the front page? :P

2 hours ago, cascen said:

wearing plug and chastity belt the first one when start the mod,doesnt prevent being raped,

If the mod that called the sexlab scene is not "Toys Aware" then that mod has no way to know that you are wearing a chastity belt and plug.

i ve seen also wearing toy plug dont make some mod like devious butt strating,is it intentional to keep mod lets say a non devious device related?

Not intentionally just not possible. Toys is intended to be able to work without DD. It can run alongside DD, but other mods are not going to "see" toys if they were only built for DD.  I can't change that, the other mod needs to change to support Toys.

last question do u think your mod will have conflict with abba aroused base breast? i don know if is important ,i am LE user with cosio cbbe if that matter.danke schoen

No. But I don't know for sure. If there is a conflict please let us know. I'm also not certain about the Cosio CBBE body, but I think its a variant of CBBE Body HDT which is supported. The key here for ABBA is that its using a body that Toys also supports, and this appears to be the case.

24 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Thank you helps a ton to see it on video. Your character is well below the default "1" height right? Is why the animation does not fit you.

I don't think it looks tied to squirting or stage changes. Its more like a periodic rendering lag, that is occurring as it pauses while trying to catch up, like playing a video on slow internet. This is actually a feature in windows that was not around without 64 bit. In LE you would just ctd (but in this case it does not have any problem in LE, but in LE you can't run 1000 mods either). This does not rule out the squirting, but...

...I've not thought to ask, does this happen during Spontaneous Orgasm? It has squirting too. To recreate that quickly just turn chance up 100, and arousal down low and you will get the event in less than a minute. If it does not happen, then please try it in the water, its more graphically intense there. Don't need to see more video.

Also knowing if it happens or not if you remove just Toys and keep everything the same, would stop us from barking up the wrong tree. I'd do that first.

Also that's a very high quality video, you must be volunteering to make the next video for Toys, like the one on the front page? :P

I'll run a test on both scenarios (Spontaneous Orgasm & sexlab w/o TOYS active) and let you know how it turns out. 

As to the video quality/supporting front page video, I'd be happy to capture footage but I don't know how helpful I'll be on editing... limited experience on that side. 

@VirginMarie I triggered several spontaneous orgasms using the MCM method you described, both on land and in the water. None of them displayed any rendering lag. 

I am going to roll a new character without TOYS installed and report back on whether or not that configuration shows any rendering lag during vanilla sexlab scenes.

OK, rolled a new character and dropped into the Winking Skeever. On very careful observation, there was some extremely brief (1/4 second or less) pauses during character alignment, so the problem isn't completely absent without TOYS, just less noticeable. 

Oh, and about the question regarding character height -- my load order includes FK's Diverse Racial Skeletons, which I highly recommend. However, I use the "extreme" version, and this does occasionally result in minor scaling/alignment mismatches. The standing stone is actually one of the more noticeable ones I've gotten on this build, but that may be because of the way this scene extensively uses static props.

49 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

I triggered several spontaneous orgasms using the MCM method you described, both on land and in the water. None of them displayed any rendering lag. 

17 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

rolled a new character and dropped into the Winking Skeever. On very careful observation, there was some extremely brief (1/4 second or less) pauses during character alignment, so the problem isn't completely absent without TOYS, just less noticeable. 

What we know:

1. Toys is not entirely responsible, but contributes. Its kinda like you are on the edge of something
  2. Squirting is not a direct cause on its own
  3. Water is not a direct cause on its own
  4. Toys worn is not at all related since its the same when nothing worn
  5. Squirting and water could easily be contributors though, just not on their own. Could be in play in your "Toys not installed" scenario because you have the other Squirting still
  6. One other user has reported similar (at least for the standing stone)
  7. What's different between Spon Org and Standing stone? Well Spontaneous orgasm plays 1 animation at a time (1 actor), but Standing Stone plays 2 simultaneously (technically its a 2 actor). I also shake the stone and play more sounds. Sounds actually can be a huge contributor to lag. Those are the only differences

So...

• I will load up more graphically intensive things for testing, just my testing in general. Something I should do anyhow at least some of the time
  • I will carefully look for script that could be running the background, but I don't think this is script lag. Something I am also carefully always watching for anyhow
  • We will see if others are reporting it. If you are maxed on on vram or something related, there's nothing I can do probably. Time will tell
  • In the next release the options you see greyed out in the MCM, like Squirting, and Volume for Orgasms and Moans, will be working. That volume control lets you turn it right off. Would be a way to test that but I still don't know what we'd do with that info if it fixed it

By they way, did you start a new game when you started with Toys? I'm assuming yes by the way you described doing Toy Story from the start. If not, a new game is a definite test to rule out your save.

6 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

If the mod that called the sexlab scene is not "Toys Aware" then that mod has no way to know that you are wearing a chastity belt and plug.

Not intentionally just not possible. Toys is intended to be able to work without DD. It can run alongside DD, but other mods are not going to "see" toys if they were only built for DD.  I can't change that, the other mod needs to change to support Toys.

No. But I don't know for sure. If there is a conflict please let us know. I'm also not certain about the Cosio CBBE body, but I think its a variant of CBBE Body HDT which is supported. The key here for ABBA is that its using a body that Toys also supports, and this appears to be the case.

morning,thx 4 reply now is more clear,yes i think those mods i mentioned r structured around DD system,i don know but i doubt they will update those mods,as user pity XD. so basically if i want play a smooth gameplay i have to choose between those old mods and the new ones.

3 minutes ago, cascen said:

morning,thx 4 reply now is more clear,yes i think those mods i mentioned r structured around DD system,i don know but i doubt they will update those mods,as user pity XD. so basically if i want play a smooth gameplay i have to choose between those old mods and the new ones.

Unfortunately this is the main problem about creating something new and something we have talked about a lot in development. As most of the mods here are old and are no longer supported by their original authors its highly unlikely that they will get changed over to use Toys. There are however some mods in development that will use this framework and as mod authors see how stable the platform is, how proactive the people working on it are to users feedback and how easy it is to integrate into a new mod more will come along and give the user a genuine alternative.

8 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

What we know:

1. Toys is not entirely responsible, but contributes. Its kinda like you are on the edge of something
  2. Squirting is not a direct cause on its own
  3. Water is not a direct cause on its own
  4. Toys worn is not at all related since its the same when nothing worn
  5. Squirting and water could easily be contributors though, just not on their own. Could be in play in your "Toys not installed" scenario because you have the other Squirting still
  6. One other user has reported similar (at least for the standing stone)
  7. What's different between Spon Org and Standing stone? Well Spontaneous orgasm plays 1 animation at a time (1 actor), but Standing Stone plays 2 simultaneously (technically its a 2 actor). I also shake the stone and play more sounds. Sounds actually can be a huge contributor to lag. Those are the only differences

The pausing-on-alignment issue is 100% true for #1. I'm curious about why the behavior is so different for the standing stone scene, though. As you noted, the delayed rendering issue repeats during that scene, whereas even with fairly long vanilla animations it only pauses prior to the animation starting (instead it pauses during the lining up and undressing stage). Conspicuously, this isn't true for the standing stone, which doesn't have its first pause until the character has started to animate. It's like there are three different behaviors here:

1. Spon Org (I presume this is also true for single-character sexlab scenes, but haven't tested to confirm) -- no render delay at all

2. Sexlab scenes -- a single render delay during line up and undressing; exists but hard to notice without specifically looking for it. Agree that this is some pre-existing issue just becoming more noticeable.

3. Standing stone -- repeated, noticeable delays. 

I think that basically takes us down to point 7... what's special about the standing stone scene that causes this variant behavior?

Agree on points 2-6.

Interesting point about the sounds in 7, though none of the sound files packed with Toys seem excessively large. As for the specifics of the aniumation... I wonder, do the original Komotor animations have the same issue in SSE? I think I have his SSE animation pack squirreled away somewhere in my archives. If I can find it, I'll have to test and find out. 

8 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

So...

• I will load up more graphically intensive things for testing, just my testing in general. Something I should do anyhow at least some of the time
  • I will carefully look for script that could be running the background, but I don't think this is script lag. Something I am also carefully always watching for anyhow
  • We will see if others are reporting it. If you are maxed on on vram or something related, there's nothing I can do probably. Time will tell
  • In the next release the options you see greyed out in the MCM, like Squirting, and Volume for Orgasms and Moans, will be working. That volume control lets you turn it right off. Would be a way to test that but I still don't know what we'd do with that info if it fixed it

I agree that this isn't the behavior I'd expect for script lag. It will indeed be interesting to see what others experience. 

9 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

By they way, did you start a new game when you started with Toys? I'm assuming yes by the way you described doing Toy Story from the start. If not, a new game is a definite test to rule out your save.

Yes, as it happens I'm between characters right now (finishing up getting Ultimate College of Winterhold integrated with my setup), but even when I have an active game I always roll a new character for testing purposes. 

2 hours ago, gregaaz said:

If I can find it, I'll have to test and find out. 

Yes would be good to know if there is something unique about those animations that SE does not like, (or something you are using in SE). I consider them tried and proven in LE. There's never been lag reported. The whole scene is tried in proven for years in LE in SLaV. So its either a SE thing, mod conflict, or load on the graphics. One thing that Komo's animations do differently is much longer stages, but I don't actually let them play out in full.

You could try volume off on Skyrim's own master volume setting.

1 minute ago, VirginMarie said:

Yes would be good to know if there is something unique about those animations that SE does not like, (or something you are using in SE). I consider them tried and proven in LE. There's never been lag reported. The whole scene is tried in proven for years in LE in SLaV. So its either a SE thing, mod conflict, or load on the graphics. One thing that Komo's animations do differently is much longer stages, but I don't actually let them play out in full.

You could try volume off on Skyrim's own master volume setting.

I never had trouble with them in LE either, but that doesn't mean there can't be some odd interaction. I think I also have Komor's "official" SSE port that he did shortly before he left the modding scene (we subscribed to his Patreon for a while), but I'm not sure if it A) even works, and B) if the permissions grant he gave you will let you use those assets. 

I'll report back when I have more data.

Looks like the underlying Komotor animation is fine, no delays observed. Interestingly, it did provide some insight into the misalignment we observed. If you notice, in the original animation object, the actor is aligned properly, but its the poles that are misaligned (see how they don't line up with the machinery behind them?). Not sure why this is happening, but it's probably an issue local to my setup if no one else is seeing it.

ScreenShot52.png

28 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

Not sure why this is happening

• Any animation when created relies on a center point, and default height of 1
  • The 2 actors in this case (its 3 in your pic, but I don't need the 3rd), must align to the center point, and the height must be 1
    • If you are wondering where the 2 other actors are, they are there, in a box, under the ground. lol. When I do it I make the extra actor invisible

If those 2 things are not right, and with sensitive placement like with huge dildos that barely fit at the best of times :P , its not gonna work as intended.

I can auto scale to 1, using script. Sexlab had lots of problems with it and warns it can cause CTD. Creation Kit documentation also warns that it can CTD. I've tried it nevertheless, and backed right off using it when I found out how easy I can CTD things by scaling actors by script. Its not worth it.

You talk about a unique Skelton too. Don't know if it impacts. If your height is 1, then the Skelton is likely impacting. Your pic to me looks to have the same problem as your video.

EDIT: Speaking of skeleton, I've seen skeleton incompatibility cause CTD or other nasty things. I wonder if its worth testing with standard skeleton?

You are not the only one that will have the alignment problem. Many do because many don't run with default height of 1. LE or SE, all the same. And this applies to ALL animations, not just Standing Stone. Some you will never notice, some you will easily. And of course some manage to not CTD if using sexlab's even height feature (which wont help for Standing Stone).

The one thing I've considered is an option to remove the top dildo.

34 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:
  • Any animation when created relies on a center point, and default height of 1
  • The 2 actors in this case (its 3 in your pic, but I don't need the 3rd), must align to the center point, and the height must be 1
    • If you are wondering where the 2 other actors are, they are there, in a box, under the ground. lol. When I do it I make the extra actor invisible

If those 2 things are not right, and with sensitive placement like with huge dildos that barely fit at the best of times :P , its not gonna work as intended.

I can auto scale to 1, using script. Sexlab had lots of problems with it and warns it can cause CTD. Creation Kit documentation also warns that it can CTD. I've tried it nevertheless, and backed right off using it when I found out how easy I can CTD things by scaling actors by script. Its not worth it.

You talk about a unique Skelton too. Don't know if it impacts. If your height is 1, then the Skelton is likely impacting. Your pic to me looks to have the same problem as your video.

EDIT: Speaking of skeleton, I've seen skeleton incompatibility cause CTD or other nasty things. I wonder if its worth testing with standard skeleton?

You are not the only one that will have the alignment problem. Many do because many don't run with default height of 1. LE or SE, all the same. And this applies to ALL animations, not just Standing Stone. Some you will never notice, some you will easily. And of course some manage to not CTD if using sexlab's even height feature (which wont help for Standing Stone).

The one thing I've considered is an option to remove the top dildo.

Yes, I'm pretty sure the custom skeleton is part of my specific problem. It's XPMSE 4.0 compliant, so it shouldn't cause any crashes, but most likely it's contributing to the height thing. Especially since the character in the holding box is an orc, who get scaled up relative to humans in the skeleton mod. For testing purposes though, let me review how tightly FK is baked into my setup. If I can safely unwind it (at least for testing), I'll give it a spin and report back. 

Personally, I'd recommend against forcing scale to 1. I also have had lots of issues with the way Sexlab implements actor scaling, plus I don't want to contemplate how it would interact with mods that disable or refactor Skyrim's built-in actor scaling functions (some of which I use ?). 

I wouldn't worry too much about this issue I'm getting. Based on testing and our discussions, it sounds like the skeleton mod is the reason the giant dildos are out of sync, which makes it "my problem" as the end user. Though maybe a note in the mod's compatibility section about it leading to animation misalignment would help folks understand why things are behaving the way they do. 

I think we can also rule out the underlying Komotor animation as a cause of the rendering delays on the standing stone scene... so that issue is probably tied to something else. 

Edit - and just to be clear, all the actors in the scene in the screen shot are height 1. It's just that Orc height 1 doesn't necessarily equal Nord height 1 in this setup.

@VirginMarie one small technical question. Who is the second actor in the standing stone scene? Is it a clone of the player character (via a template) or is it someone else? That might be relevant to my specific height related issue.

Never mind, I found the Stone Girl character. I'm going to try to see if I can make a compatibility patch for her. I'll report back if I'm successful.

How long should the post orgasm fondle happen for? I can see in the MCM there is a setting to amend the chance of it happening but it seems to go on for quite a while to the point i get bored and use the jump command (space bar) to clear