Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Dideldidumm said:

could you please add a trader somewhere so we can buy these ? additemmenu is a very bad item mod (way too much lagging and ctds) and the test menu in toy story only gives 2 sets (so barely half of the items?).

 

While I don't think AddItemMenu lags/CTDs for most, it's not a lore friendly or interesting way to get toys. So I do agree that Toys needs a "bondage shop", or something along those lines.

 

The mod coming soon that audhol mentions, is from another author and will allow you to find toys and keys out in the world. But we still need someone to make bondage shop style content mod for Toys! Maybe this will inspire an author! Maybe someone poke laura :D

 

In the meantime, while testing a new API for Toys that will make it easy to do a bondage shop, I many end up putting a basic shop in Toy Story, as a way to both test and demo it. I'd not want to take away from the efforts of a true bondage shop content mod, so it would be very basic.

 

SLaVE, which is coming soon too, works well without any bondage shop. So have no fear, solutions will be here!

Link to post
3 hours ago, Herowynne said:

 

That is strange. In my experience, AddItemMenu is great! I have been using it for years without any problems.

i have used it in the past.

but as soon as you start adding more and more mods, it really impacts performance. in my current setup i maybe could use it, in my old one it constantly killed the game at a certain point. armor replacers, bikini armors, dd´s and endless amounts of costumes just create really large item numbers after a while. 

 

it´s easier to make a bat file with item ids or crafting mats than to figure out how to make it work. gotta do that with all the mods here already.

Link to post
3 hours ago, Dideldidumm said:

i have used it in the past.

but as soon as you start adding more and more mods, it really impacts performance. in my current setup i maybe could use it, in my old one it constantly killed the game at a certain point. armor replacers, bikini armors, dd´s and endless amounts of costumes just create really large item numbers after a while. 

 

it´s easier to make a bat file with item ids or crafting mats than to figure out how to make it work. gotta do that with all the mods here already.

I think it's a great mod to test stuff out or see how it looks in game but regardless of performance issues like VirginMarie said its breaks the immersion of the game and feels unsatisfying to use. If your really desperate to play with the toys you could use lootification or the xedit/ssedit addon to introduce toys to the leveled lists. 

Link to post
On 4/12/2021 at 1:30 PM, Dideldidumm said:

i have used it in the past.

but as soon as you start adding more and more mods, it really impacts performance. in my current setup i maybe could use it, in my old one it constantly killed the game at a certain point. armor replacers, bikini armors, dd´s and endless amounts of costumes just create really large item numbers after a while. 

 

it´s easier to make a bat file with item ids or crafting mats than to figure out how to make it work. gotta do that with all the mods here already.

 

I believe the older versions of the mod scanned all the records and was susceptible both to Scaleform overflow problems in the inventory menu as well as crashes from broken records like items with a corrupted ground object mesh. 

 

I use the current version of additemmenu for diagnostic purposes when I'm testing mods, and I haven't noticed any performance problems when I use the function where you choose which plugin you are looking through and then choose the record out of an inventory menu; I don't really use the search function but that might still have performance issues on large mod loads.

 

The bigger issue with additemmenu, as I understand it, is that some mods, including at least one here on the Lab, sabotage additemmenu via soft dependency functions because the authors don't like the idea that players can "cheat" while playing their mod. I won't opine further (plenty of people already know my feelings on this technical approach), but that might also be part of the problem if you are getting crashes. 

Link to post
3 hours ago, gregaaz said:

use the search function but that might still have performance issues on large mod loads.

 

At least on SE, the AddItemMenu search function works great and is very fast, even on my load order of hundreds of ESP files and ESL-flagged ESP files.

Link to post
5 hours ago, gregaaz said:

 

I believe the older versions of the mod scanned all the records and was susceptible both to Scaleform overflow problems in the inventory menu as well as crashes from broken records like items with a corrupted ground object mesh. 

 

I use the current version of additemmenu for diagnostic purposes when I'm testing mods, and I haven't noticed any performance problems when I use the function where you choose which plugin you are looking through and then choose the record out of an inventory menu; I don't really use the search function but that might still have performance issues on large mod loads.

 

The bigger issue with additemmenu, as I understand it, is that some mods, including at least one here on the Lab, sabotage additemmenu via soft dependency functions because the authors don't like the idea that players can "cheat" while playing their mod. I won't opine further (plenty of people already know my feelings on this technical approach), but that might also be part of the problem if you are getting crashes. 

yep to all three arguments.

 

i dont like trying to stop "cheating" in mods, considering if you put the item in the game, a simple console command gives you either the item id or the mats to buy or craft it.

additem just gives it a nicer look and has the benefit of not having to look up the console commands, use the ingame console etc pp...  but its not worth it to have more headaches.

it´s a mindboggling stupid approach, considering half the time spend modding is making sure nothing conflicts and trying to get everything to run.

 

Link to post

Toys and Toys Story Beta 3 is released20210409100431_1.jpg

 

 

 

What's New in Beta 3... Bitch Boots, New and updated API functions, and more... See Change Log

 

 

 

Note that SE is not up yet. Currently uploading and my slow upload speed means maybe up to 2hrs.

 

EDIT: SE is up now

Link to post

Test Report: Toys/Toy Story V0.5

Test Baseline Link: https://modwat.ch/u/Bachmanis

 

Modules loaded and checked in xEdit

Both files passed error check

Toys.esm reports no conflicts

Toystory.esp reports 1 conflict

  • Worldspace record 00009B93 reverts the official SSE water flow fix from Update.esm. If the end user does not merge the changes (either manually or with a tool like Wrye Bash) they may observe water seams in the vicinity of the Phasing Stone. (note that these water flow fixes post-date end of life of Skyrim LE and do not appear in the LE version of update.esm)

Toystory.esp contains 1 suspected wild edit

  • CELL record 00039850 changes lighting data settings for Nightingale Hall (the vanilla one, not the clone used by this mod). This mod contains no other edits to this cell. Recommend removing this record from toystory.esp as it appears to be a wild edit.

Both files passed cleaning check – no ITM or UDR issues

Patched copy of Toystory.esp attached for reference.

 

Ran External Tools

Successfully ran FNIS

Successfully ran Nemesis

Successfully ran Bodyslide for BHUNP set

 

Launched Skyrim SE

Created new Female Nord character

Because of time constraints, all MCM settings left at defaults except settings required for stability

Successfully ran installation test in ASLAL cell

  • Observation: character uses full sexlab stripping profile even if limited stripping is checked. Recommendation (as a post release enhancement): ensure that spontaneous orgasm/exhaustion events use the foreplay/limitedstripping Sexlab strip function and not the “full” stripping feature (or provide an options for it to do so).
  • Observation: jumping immediately after spontaneous orgasm permanently clears “fondly thyself” animation loop. Recommendation (as a post-release enhancement): review Dynamic Animation Replacer and assess if this would provide a more nuanced way to control the various conditional idles.

Started with ASLAL Camping in the Wood scenario

Proceeded to Forrien’s corpse. Facegen was loaded correctly.

Curio toys attached correctly

Walked to phasing stone

Completed phasing stone scene.

  • Known issue: FK's Diverse Racial Skeletons causes misalignment in this scene. Recommend compatibility note either advising that this mod specifically will cause misalignment, or warning that not using vanilla or XPMSE creates a risk of misalignment.
  • Render delay timing and length was comparable to previous builds
  • Brief animation re-loop observed just before the teleport occurred

Recording of scene uploaded for reference

Successfully entered the Sepulcher.

  • Observation: stripping event only removed torso armor, left head, arms, and legs equipped. Reported only to confirm this is functioning as intended.

Nightly’s facegen confirmed to be functioning properly

Second round of toy equipping worked successfully

Successfully triggered spontaneous orgasm

Successfully ejected anal plug on orgasm

Successfully returned to mundus

 

 

 

ToyStory.esp

Link to post
3 hours ago, gregaaz said:
  • Observation: character uses full sexlab stripping profile even if limited stripping is checked. Recommendation (as a post release enhancement): ensure that spontaneous orgasm/exhaustion events use the foreplay/limitedstripping Sexlab strip function and not the “full” stripping feature (or provide an options for it to do so).

Sexlab's API does not offer the limited stripping option, its there only for sexlab scenes.

 

Toys is expecting full stripping, I'm not sure why we'd want otherwise. Working as intended. What problem does it present to work this way? Note that this is a generic function in toys InitSceneStart() so while Spontaneous Orgasms may seem fitting for limited stripping, other scenes could be broken looking without full stripping.

 

3 hours ago, gregaaz said:
  • Observation: jumping immediately after spontaneous orgasm permanently clears “fondly thyself” animation loop. Recommendation (as a post-release enhancement): review Dynamic Animation Replacer and assess if this would provide a more nuanced way to control the various conditional idles.

While I might one day look into Dynamic Animation Replacer, this is not a good reason to do so as I could easily prevent the "clearing". Keep in mind that the "advance hot key" is the space bar, so nothing wrong with it canceling it out.

 

3 hours ago, gregaaz said:

Observation: stripping event only removed torso armor, left head, arms, and legs equipped. Reported only to confirm this is functioning as intended.

Yes working as intended. That's the the new "hidetoys" feature in play and you will see it hide selected toys, fitting for the situation, anywhere from 1 to 7 slots.

Link to post
1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

Sexlab's API does not offer the limited stripping option, its there only for sexlab scenes.

 

Toys is expecting full stripping, I'm not sure why we'd want otherwise. Working as intended. What problem does it present to work this way? Note that this is a generic function in toys InitSceneStart() so while Spontaneous Orgasms may seem fitting for limited stripping, other scenes could be broken looking without full stripping.

 

Part of it is "muh immershun" in that it takes me out of the moment if my character takes the time to undress for these seemingly spontaneous scenes. But the bigger part is game mechanical. The character undressing unexpectedly can cause a lot of complications with mods like Frostfall, or mods that impose criminal penalties for public indecency. It can also cause issues when arm restraints prevent redressing (which doubles down the game mechanical problems I mentioned a moment ago).

 

Personally, if it were up to me I'd include no stripping behavior at all for those two events (spontaneous orgasm and exhaustion) and just carry forward the actor's existing clothing state. So if they were naked from a sexlab scene or whatever, fine, stay naked, but having it always completely undress the character every time isn't my preferred behavior. However, I understand that it's easy for me to say this as the end user and maybe not so easy for you as the author. I just hate the idea that I would have to heavily turn down the probability or even turn off a feature like this because of the stripping behavior. 

 

1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

Yes working as intended. That's the the new "hidetoys" feature in play and you will see it hide selected toys, fitting for the situation, anywhere from 1 to 7 slots.

 

Interesting. Just for reference, that whole scene was kind of weird with my character walking around bare-torso'd but still with her gloves, boots, and hat on (only to take them off for the forced orgasm later - see my previous comments about immersion). Nothing strictly wrong with it, but I would have expected to have all of her gear stolen in that event. Not a hill worth dying on though - proceed as best fits your vision for that scene :)

Link to post
23 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

Personally, if it were up to me I'd include no stripping behavior at all for those two events (spontaneous orgasm and exhaustion) and just carry forward the actor's existing clothing state.

I could easily have an MCM option on those two events, where its just Strip on/off. So if you want to touch yourself with armor on, have at it :D I do get that there's come "mechanical" reasons for this, and we will be making a Toys Frostfall Hot and Wet Pack !

Link to post
1 minute ago, VirginMarie said:

I could easily have an MCM option on those two events, where its just Strip on/off. So if you want to touch yourself with armor on, have a it :D I do get that there's come "mechanical" reasons for this, and we will be making a Toys Frostfall Hot and Wet Pack !

I would certainly be happy to see a feature like this. 

Link to post

I just started a new Skyrim SE play through and I am absolutely loving this mod so far. We definitely need an alternative to DD because DD has some big issues associated with it. I just activated the stone in Lake Illinalta and visited the secret testing facilities. When I first entered and all of my devices were removed, was it also supposed to remove all of my other inventory items as well? If not, then okay there are no issues. If it was supposed to remove all other non-quest related inventory items.....it did not.

 

That's the only issue that I have found so far........please keep up the awesome work!!!!!!!!

Link to post

Love your work with SLAV, just a quick question about toys, one major problem I had/have for DD is whenever I used a custom bodyslide body (currently using CCBE cosio) building the dd's the nipple piercings were always off, and if have to manually adjust them with outfit studio. Has this issue been solved? or will it have the same manual requirement?

Link to post
35 minutes ago, svandalbear said:

Love your work with SLAV, just a quick question about toys, one major problem I had/have for DD is whenever I used a custom bodyslide body (currently using CCBE cosio) building the dd's the nipple piercings were always off, and if have to manually adjust them with outfit studio. Has this issue been solved? or will it have the same manual requirement?

 

We support 6 bodies in both Toys and SLaVE... for LE, CBBE HDT and  UUNP HDT.  For SE, its the 4 most popular. That's already an insane amount of work to maintain. There is really no "solving" it, we must do our best to cover the most widely used bodies.

Link to post
12 minutes ago, svandalbear said:

Thats okay, thx for your reply, downloading it and slave update now. Thx for your hard work

If you are updating the bodyslide for CCBE cosio, maybe you should publish it on LL for others to use :D That body might be in the top 4 most popular, so not a bad one to have covered. The catch is, I'd not want to maintain it myself as we add more toys. 

Link to post

First, this looks really intresting and i hope it'll get a lot of supported mods. ❤️

Without actually trying this yet and just reading a bit here...
 

  

On 4/16/2021 at 5:22 AM, VirginMarie said:

Toys is expecting full stripping,

I can see a (minor, immersion) issue with that as well aside from frostfall. Things like earings, piercings, fingernails, horns,... can be equipped by some mods and it would make little sense to strip these as well. I'm not sure if it currently does but... an option to exclude certain slots from stripping would be nice imho, although i would not consider it a high priority. Just something to keep in mind that you might add later.^^

Link to post

Hi folks, I have a quick question for anyone who is using Toy Story. If you could let me know your experience and either quote or @ me so it shows up in my notifications field, that would be very helpful.

 

1) When you did the Phasing Standing Stone scene, did you notice any pauses or delays during the animation?

2) If so...

2a) Are on on LE or SE, and;

2b) Do you use an ENB?

 

Many thanks!

Link to post
7 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

First, this looks really intresting and i hope it'll get a lot of supported mods. ❤️

Without actually trying this yet and just reading a bit here...
 

Quote

Toys is expecting full stripping,

  

I can see a (minor, immersion) issue with that as well aside from frostfall. Things like earings, piercings, fingernails, horns,... can be equipped by some mods and it would make little sense to strip these as well. I'm not sure if it currently does but... an option to exclude certain slots from stripping would be nice imho, although i would not consider it a high priority. Just something to keep in mind that you might add later.^^

Toys is using the Sexlab Strip API, so its all Sexlab determining what is stripped, and that means its using the SexlabNoStrip keyword and whatever you have done in its MCM. It might be nice if Sexlab offered access to use its "limited stripping" via API, but I see no way.

 

Maybe eventually Toys does its own very specific stripping, but I'm not sure that's needed or necessarily better as Sexlab already takes care of that keyword and is widely used.

 

 The Toys "Hide" and "Store" features, strip temporarily, only Toys, and this has fine tuned control down to the Toy Type (slot).

Link to post
1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

Toys is using the Sexlab Strip API, so its all Sexlab determining what is stripped, and that means its using the SexlabNoStrip keyword and whatever you have done in its MCM. It might be nice if Sexlab offered access to use its "limited stripping" via API, but I see no way.

 

Maybe eventually Toys does its own very specific stripping, but I'm not sure that's needed or necessarily better as Sexlab already takes care of that keyword and is widely used.

 

 The Toys "Hide" and "Store" features, strip temporarily, only Toys, and this has fine tuned control down to the Toy Type (slot).

Well, in that case it's fine. I would assume anything sexlab is allowed to strip is also fine by other mods, at least i don't see much issues anymore.

Link to post
8 hours ago, gregaaz said:

Hi folks, I have a quick question for anyone who is using Toy Story. If you could let me know your experience and either quote or @ me so it shows up in my notifications field, that would be very helpful.

 

1) When you did the Phasing Standing Stone scene, did you notice any pauses or delays during the animation?

2) If so...

2a) Are on on LE or SE, and;

2b) Do you use an ENB?

 

Many thanks!

There was a short delay, and the animation did pause slightly a couple times, this was on SE without an ENB.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...