Toys Poll  

845 members have voted

1. 1. The most important feature in Toys is...

• The toys themselves
    • Toys Effects & Buffs, incl. transformation & unique escape methods
    • Toys "Love" features... Rousing, Fondle, Denial, Oversexed, Spontaneous Orgasm
    • Animations... Bound, Blind Fall, Spontaneous Orgasm, Signing, & Other
  2. 2. When using Toys, I normally have...

• Only Toys Framework installed
    • Toys + DD installed
    • Toys + ZAP installed
    • Toys + ZAP + DD installed

3 hours ago, cascen said:

hallo not sure if is right spot but last 10 days i ve tried out toy mod it seems to work smoothly no bug encountered ,the only problem is if u have DD system installed with mods related to it itz messed up almost everything,so i will reccomend play toys w/o any DD related mods.

@cascen can you tell me more about the kind of problems that you ran into combining DD with Toys? I am planning on running DD and Toys at the same time if at all possible so any info about conflicts will be helpful for me to get my setup working and stable. Also, I am going to be beta testing Should Like a Virgin Evolved when it comes out, and I may be able to offer advice to the developers about improving compatibility if I know which areas to focus my testing on.

Hey just started checking this mod out, seems pretty neat.

When you play as a male, your mod still thinks you're a female as far as the MCM is concerned, just an FYI.

Looking forward to see where this goes, seems fairly solid so far. Keep it up!

10 hours ago, blippyp said:

Hey just started checking this mod out, seems pretty neat.

When you play as a male, your mod still thinks you're a female as far as the MCM is concerned, just an FYI.

Looking forward to see where this goes, seems fairly solid so far. Keep it up!

• The MCM settings you see there, are for a user to tell Toys to treat your character differently than what Toys detected on first use
  • Currently they are grayed out, not active to edit, because Toys beta is only supporting female fully. So its not that the mod thinks you are a female, its that the mod is only supporting a female properly atm
  • Right now we are adding male support which will be included by the time we get to V1. We are also going to try for a few toys, for Male and Futa. Then after v1 Male/Futa will gradually be expanded upon

On 4/2/2021 at 8:03 PM, VirginMarie said:

Have any examples you could describe?

Do you mean DD mods equipping devices, replacing Toys (which is both expected and intended if such mod is not "Toys aware"), or something else?

The expected behavior is...

• Toys will not replace/swap/remove any DD. Toys is DD aware and treat's DDs like they have a restrictive keyword
  • DD is not "Toys Aware" so will replace toys from Toys, not realizing its doing so (no fault of its own)

For Mod Authors:

• A DD content mod can be made "Toys Aware" by checking just 2 keywords, without making a dependency (just one line of code)
  • A content mod that uses Toys API, will benefit from the "playing nice" feature built into the API (no need to check for DDs yourself, it will do that for you)

hello i am not eng fluent anyway il ltry to explain my experience,i had mod installed like sluts or submissive lola when those mods try to put on charater items ,toys ones wont leave and window start to pop over and over about u can unequipped this item and viceversa  it happened even with yps hair grow,it seems if u play with DD system and related mods those just not aware of toys.but not only mods even  the DD itself.

On 3/28/2021 at 11:40 AM, VirginMarie said:

QUESTION about Scenes in Combat

Beta 2 introduced an unintended side-effect. Spontaneous Orgasms and Exhausted are now able to occur during combat. I've fixed that for next release, but playing it that way in my play testing has being interesting, particularly for Exhausted where it maybe makes more sense to fall to the ground and squirm in exhaustion when there is still active combat. If the orgasm is "spontaneous", maybe that one makes sense too!

During the 2 scenes, you can't be harmed, but you will get hit lots, get bloody, and if you wear any toy that "breaks" (transforms) from hits, its not going to take long to break (which maybe helps you survive the battle lol). You can also use spacebar (by default) to skip the scene early at any point. The Spontaneous Orgasm will lower your arousal, usually making melted/transformed toys revert back, changing the dynamics of your battle if that toy maybe no longer has the hard core magical binding effect, for example.

I'm wondering if people would actually want these scenes to have the chance of occurring in combat? Maybe an MCM chance slider. What do you think? Maybe use this opportunity of the "unintentional feature" to try it out :P

My knee jerk reaction is that I wouldn't want the to pop during combat. When I was using the LE version of SLaV in the past, I already thought the exhausted animation in particular played too often and agressively turned down its proc percentage. However, when the Virgin beta comes out, I'll test it at first with the "unintentional feature" active and report back on how it works.

That said, my default answer on a lot of these things is "can we have an MCM control?" Maybe an "allow in combat" check box would be a good approach to let each player decide whether or not they want this.

One thing to consider with the breaking aspect too is that if people have mods like Loot and Degradation, Mortal Weapons and Armor, etc. etc. etc. they may end up with more than just their toys being wrecked while they get hammered as they flop around on the ground. Again, for some people at least I suspect this is firmly in "feature, not bug," territory as it gives more opportunities for the Dragonborn to end up wearing only her skin (and some toys, perhaps!)

Edit: Largely unrelated to the combat activation issue, but it just struck me that this feature out to have some very fun synergy with Sexlab Eager NPCs' feature where absorbing a dragon soul ups the dragonborn's arrousal (sometimes significantly depending on how you set the MCM). I imagine that could easily get into a scenario where absorbing a dragon soul tends to trigger a spontaneous orgasm. Mod synergy FTW

1 hour ago, gregaaz said:

That said, my default answer on a lot of these things is "can we have an MCM control?" Maybe an "allow in combat" check box would be a good approach to let each player decide whether or not they want this.

There will be an MCM chance slider. 0 = off

7 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

There will be an MCM chance slider. 0 = off

Oh sure, I was just responding to your specific question about these abilities going off in combat, not to them going off in general. I think for "general chance," the existing sliders work fine.

3 hours ago, gregaaz said:

Oh sure, I was just responding to your specific question about these abilities going off in combat, not to them going off in general. I think for "general chance," the existing sliders work fine.

I meant chance during combat. Spontaneous Orgasm and Exhausted both already have a "overall" chance slider. They will both get a 2nd slider "Chance during combat", probably set fairly low by default, with full range 0-100 to select. Spice up your game play babe!

1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

I meant chance during combat. Spontaneous Orgasm and Exhausted both already have a "overall" chance slider. They will both get a 2nd slider "Chance during combat", probably set fairly low by default, with full range 0-100 to select. Spice up your game play babe!

Oh, I like it ??

3 hours ago, joe_yawiki said:

Can I use this mod with bhunp body? Do I need to convert it first?

Do you mean BHUNP LE? I believe it is, at least theoretically, fully backwards compatible with UUNP bodyslides. But I don't think it's officially supported for Toys so if there are minor misalignments or other glitches you may not be able to get a lot of support from the devs. I suppose you could convert the SSE BHUNP reference nifs back to LE, but SE->LE conversion is not something I'm really skilled with or knowledgeable about.

If you are running SSE, then as @mercplatypus mentioned you should visit the Toys SSE page. It has a native BHUNP bodyslide in the downloads section.

On 4/3/2021 at 9:33 PM, cascen said:

hello i am not eng fluent anyway il ltry to explain my experience,i had mod installed like sluts or submissive lola when those mods try to put on charater items ,toys ones wont leave and window start to pop over and over about u can unequipped this item and viceversa  it happened even with yps hair grow,it seems if u play with DD system and related mods those just not aware of toys.but not only mods even  the DD itself.

Interesting... thank you for taking the time to describe the problem. I'll test this as rigorously as possible when the Shout Like a Virgin beta starts and see if I can come up with either a workaround or recommendations to the author to make the mods interact more gracefully. I know from talking with @VirginMarie that her intention is for Toys to be able to coexist with Devious Devices.

22 minutes ago, Dideldidumm said:

could you please add a trader somewhere so we can buy these ? additemmenu is a very bad item mod (way too much lagging and ctds) and the test menu in toy story only gives 2 sets (so barely half of the items?).

Its in the pipeline of things to do but it wont be part of the toys framework. There is a mod almost ready for release that will distribute the items and keys to the leveled lists. 

7 hours ago, Dideldidumm said:

could you please add a trader somewhere so we can buy these ? additemmenu is a very bad item mod (way too much lagging and ctds) and the test menu in toy story only gives 2 sets (so barely half of the items?).

While I don't think AddItemMenu lags/CTDs for most, it's not a lore friendly or interesting way to get toys. So I do agree that Toys needs a "bondage shop", or something along those lines.

The mod coming soon that audhol mentions, is from another author and will allow you to find toys and keys out in the world. But we still need someone to make bondage shop style content mod for Toys! Maybe this will inspire an author! Maybe someone poke laura :D

In the meantime, while testing a new API for Toys that will make it easy to do a bondage shop, I many end up putting a basic shop in Toy Story, as a way to both test and demo it. I'd not want to take away from the efforts of a true bondage shop content mod, so it would be very basic.

SLaVE, which is coming soon too, works well without any bondage shop. So have no fear, solutions will be here!

3 hours ago, Herowynne said:

That is strange. In my experience, AddItemMenu is great! I have been using it for years without any problems.

i have used it in the past.

but as soon as you start adding more and more mods, it really impacts performance. in my current setup i maybe could use it, in my old one it constantly killed the game at a certain point. armor replacers, bikini armors, dd´s and endless amounts of costumes just create really large item numbers after a while. 

it´s easier to make a bat file with item ids or crafting mats than to figure out how to make it work. gotta do that with all the mods here already.

3 hours ago, Dideldidumm said:

but as soon as you start adding more and more mods, it really impacts performance. in my current setup i maybe could use it, in my old one it constantly killed the game at a certain point. armor replacers, bikini armors, dd´s and endless amounts of costumes just create really large item numbers after a while. 

it´s easier to make a bat file with item ids or crafting mats than to figure out how to make it work. gotta do that with all the mods here already.

I think it's a great mod to test stuff out or see how it looks in game but regardless of performance issues like VirginMarie said its breaks the immersion of the game and feels unsatisfying to use. If your really desperate to play with the toys you could use lootification or the xedit/ssedit addon to introduce toys to the leveled lists. 

On 4/12/2021 at 1:30 PM, Dideldidumm said:

I believe the older versions of the mod scanned all the records and was susceptible both to Scaleform overflow problems in the inventory menu as well as crashes from broken records like items with a corrupted ground object mesh. 

I use the current version of additemmenu for diagnostic purposes when I'm testing mods, and I haven't noticed any performance problems when I use the function where you choose which plugin you are looking through and then choose the record out of an inventory menu; I don't really use the search function but that might still have performance issues on large mod loads.

The bigger issue with additemmenu, as I understand it, is that some mods, including at least one here on the Lab, sabotage additemmenu via soft dependency functions because the authors don't like the idea that players can "cheat" while playing their mod. I won't opine further (plenty of people already know my feelings on this technical approach), but that might also be part of the problem if you are getting crashes. 

3 hours ago, gregaaz said:

use the search function but that might still have performance issues on large mod loads.

At least on SE, the AddItemMenu search function works great and is very fast, even on my load order of hundreds of ESP files and ESL-flagged ESP files.

5 hours ago, gregaaz said:

I believe the older versions of the mod scanned all the records and was susceptible both to Scaleform overflow problems in the inventory menu as well as crashes from broken records like items with a corrupted ground object mesh. 

I use the current version of additemmenu for diagnostic purposes when I'm testing mods, and I haven't noticed any performance problems when I use the function where you choose which plugin you are looking through and then choose the record out of an inventory menu; I don't really use the search function but that might still have performance issues on large mod loads.

The bigger issue with additemmenu, as I understand it, is that some mods, including at least one here on the Lab, sabotage additemmenu via soft dependency functions because the authors don't like the idea that players can "cheat" while playing their mod. I won't opine further (plenty of people already know my feelings on this technical approach), but that might also be part of the problem if you are getting crashes. 

yep to all three arguments.

i dont like trying to stop "cheating" in mods, considering if you put the item in the game, a simple console command gives you either the item id or the mats to buy or craft it.

additem just gives it a nicer look and has the benefit of not having to look up the console commands, use the ingame console etc pp...  but its not worth it to have more headaches.

it´s a mindboggling stupid approach, considering half the time spend modding is making sure nothing conflicts and trying to get everything to run.