Toys Poll  

849 members have voted

1. 1. The most important feature in Toys is...

• The toys themselves
    • Toys Effects & Buffs, incl. transformation & unique escape methods
    • Toys "Love" features... Rousing, Fondle, Denial, Oversexed, Spontaneous Orgasm
    • Animations... Bound, Blind Fall, Spontaneous Orgasm, Signing, & Other
  2. 2. When using Toys, I normally have...

• Only Toys Framework installed
    • Toys + DD installed
    • Toys + ZAP installed
    • Toys + ZAP + DD installed

Understand, this is definitely a nightmare scenario on the development side.  "Great googly moogly, for the love of gradient sliders..."  The skin texture blending issue is real!  Hope you pull that one off!

Perhaps, pick a standard size/model for each ( better gameplay > eye candy * 1000), and publish the model, size and scaling requirements, and let force depend on folks to build to your specifications.  If the models include bodyslide options, it is a trivial matter for us to comply (and damn near impossible for you to detect on the fly).  Then, use the "anybody who goes commando on the specs, gets what they get" rule, lol.  As far as whether a toon is futanari or not, SOS detects this, and the info should be obtainable from there (given the sizing/scaling is hidden under bodyslide, that may be a different kettle of fish to obtain).  Not sure how effectively SOS exposes the basic data, but they do have it, if the model is considered a SOS addon.  For instance, SLEN interfaces with SOS in regards to futa status, so it must be possible on the surface level, at least at a cursory bang-bang on/off level (SLEN can switch futa on/off).

Any bets if you standardize this, eventually someone comes along and begs for a canine option?  hahaha  I'm calling down John von Neumann's Law of Memory here; its a given!

This just in  could also go one step further, and state these are the approved mods XXXX + YYYY.  Then, include the already built bodyslide files to the exact specification needed.  Would turn the wild jungle of futa options, into a finely groomed lawn of this and that.  Many would appreciate that, I think.  The trick would be landing on the right sizing/scaling for hardcore horsey lovers, where huge is normal, and massive is par.  LOL, good luck with those calculations!  Personally, I look for effective usage with existing SL animations, where too small can be just as bad as too large, given the endless effort at repositioning the animations.  My solution has been to self-standardize size on the various SOS types (with a variance of +-15%).  Just have to find the sweet spot, before setting the standard (and variance)!  {note: +-15% means I typically don't have to reposition the actors in a random animation.  Any more, or less, means I'm back in the constant churn of adjusting animations.  Talk about buzz kill!}

haha yeah we've all seen the horsie coming out the back of the head when engaged in ummm well you know what. I think your 1 size of toy is accurate but there is still the issue of is it human or equine. I'm currently engrossed into the joys of xml editing and creating collision cages cause I want to get a better understanding of how it works but I might just make one static toy for all 3 male/futahuman/futaequine and see how it works in various other setups including like you say alignment in SL scenes. I post stuff for testing on the discord if your up for a bit of testing.?

8 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

I think ignoring these is fine. The location used is a clone. No vanilla quest or other mod can or will use it.

Those are all vanilla records, not unique Toy Story records. I can't speak for anyone else, but if left as-is I'll need to patch, at a minimum, the water one to avoid distant LOD issues & water seam, since that "block" of water won't match the rest of Lake Ilinata. The other two (nightingale hall stuff) are minor and probably won't affect 99% of players. 

For my tests its in the same position as before. There is no way for that to have changed. Not going to be concerned with this when its the unique skeleton.

After sleeping on it I realized the problem and it's all on my side. I used an Imperial, who is somewhat shorter at height 1 than the Nord I used last time. Stonegirl is a Nord. I just need to patch her to use the vanilla skeleton and it should be fine. Vanilla users should also be fine. So you can disregard this one if no one else reports problems.

Its the sexlab stripping feature being called (before the love scenes). I can't fix. Might be a setting in sexlab though.

Unless you are referring to the "Strip Effect" on a toy. In that case, the intended behavior is only strip slot 32 (main armor).

EDIT: ops its reported for Standing stone, so a love scene.. duh :D

Sounds like functioning as intended then, just need to adjust Sexlab stripping settings or get an ammo equip manager. I've been holding off hoping that the author of Dynamic Items for Everyone fixes his mod to be less of a mess on the back end, but there's always Auto Unequip Ammo as a fallback.

Rules out some more things, but I have no leads. I've not spent the time to try and bring my own graphics rendering to the edge yet. Will still be doing. EDIT: oh... you could try volume off and squirt off, they are both now active settings in the MCM, last tab

I will give that a try and report back.

The toy works by chance. Random. The quest is not going to behave the same each time. Let me know if the cuffs NEVER trigger, but no need to worry about it being at some point in the quest. The only case where I override randomness in that quest, is the spontaneous orgasm at the altar will always happen. Faked it out.

Happens. Normal randomness. They both triggered.

Sounds like that's functioning as intended then, just took me by surprise compared to my experience in Beta 1.

7 hours ago, audhol said:

how dos toys detect that character is futa

1.png

It's not going to detect, because it could assume wrong. You will tell it who you are in MCM. We can expand on this for size and such if needed.

What we start with would be limited and only support what we've guessed is "most used". We'd be doing well if that's only ONE thing we support with one toy, for V1.

My first question, is... what is that one thing we support? Or for futa do we take the vertical integration route and do it all ourselves. Crazy but in fact if integration with existing is a Hodge podge of dog's breakfast, it could be the easier/cleaner route.:P

Is there not one standard "go to" Futa solution that most SOS users user? Does SOS not do Futu itself?

19 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

It's not going to detect, because it could assume wrong. You will tell it who you are in MCM. We can expand on this for size and such if needed.

Toys is going to detect futa by the inputs of the user in the mcm, so do we then proceed with equipping futa devices only to females tagged with having a penis? what about if the yes/no option for penis was in fact 4 choices no/standard/large/equine? That would cover everything for both males and futas.

1 hour ago, audhol said:

Toys is going to detect futa by the inputs of the user in the mcm, so do we then proceed with equipping futa devices only to females tagged with having a penis? what about if the yes/no option for penis was in fact 4 choices no/standard/large/equine? That would cover everything for both males and futas.

Yes that sort of thing. We will work it out. Would we really have standard/large/equine for first release? Dunnno :P That's a lot of work, mainly for you. Its...

number body types supported    X    2 Skyrims (LE and SE)     X     number of sizes

So if we have only 1 size at the start, its already what? You do the math. At least 4 meshes per toy not including regular male and female. It might be better to have only one size, but more toys, when we first start. As long as we design for expanding that later, and don't corner ourselves, we have a good starting point for Toys.

11 hours ago, gregaaz said:

Those are all vanilla records, not unique Toy Story records.

Thanks for getting together with me on this in the discord. We both leaned a few new things! Toy Story now has 1 less of these silly wild edit records, and the other 2 are deemed good. Sometimes WILD is GOOD *giggles innocently*

15 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

So if we have only 1 size at the start, its already what? You do the math. At least 4 meshes per toy not including regular male and female. It might be better to have only one size, but more toys, when we first start. As long as we design for expanding that later, and don't corner ourselves, we have a good starting point for Toys.

Surely the point of cock chastity is tgat it can't expand? 

also the horse and futa schlongs are slider based in racemenu, you could look at some of the futa/schlong enabled armors and see how they did it and use it as a reference

edit: also since they are tied to sos if you use the sos measurements and simply make it a slider  based mesh tied to the sos sizes then it also shouldn't be a problem, I believe a couple armors already do this find one of those and use as reference? might work? if its tied to a slider you could also get away with 1 mesh regardless of type used instead having to have multiple sized meshes

@VirginMarie Not sure if I mentioned this when we were speaking earlier, but I ran the standing stone scene with sound and squirting both turned off. It did not affect the render delays at all. I am going to test some vanilla SL scenes with Toys loaded shortly and I will let you know if Beta 2 resolved the increased delay during actor alignment.

1 hour ago, gregaaz said:

OK, good news, the regular sex scene delay is back to normal, just a blink-of-the-eye pause during actor alignment and then completely smooth. I think your tweaks in Beta 2 have resolved that issue.

1.gif 

YESSSSS !!!!

1 hour ago, gregaaz said:

I ran the standing stone scene with sound and squirting both turned off. It did not affect the render delays at all.

I'm going to conclude that I can't do anything. 800+ mods is a lot. That scene also has the stone shaking, which is scripted shaking, not animations, so its more script intensive that most scenes, but also render intensive, and your system is probably on the edge of overloaded.

The reason the sexlab scene was effected was a dumb thing I did that is hard to explain, and it was present for the standing stone too. It was not render lag. So I was confident it would work. The way to check for it is by looking in the log...

• For sexlab, there should be no "[Toys] Check EFFECTS" from the point that sexlab logs the scene starting, and when it logs the scene ending
  • For standing stone, there should be no [Toys] Check EFFECTS from the point that you see [Toys] Init Scene Started and then [Toys] Init Scene Ended. Applies to Spontaneous Orgasm, Exhausted, and any scenes another mod does using the public API for scene start/end. SLaV will be using it a whole lot

So you can watch for that tell tale entry if you like going forward. The solution was to not allow Effects to Check during busy status, also tied to public API, which is the Toys.IsBusy() which returns true for all busy states including its own, mods calling the scene start/end api (so the standing stone for example), and and sexlab.

4 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Yes, you are 2nd to report it. Thanks. It shall be fixed for next release. I did already supposedly fix it but apparently the files did not make it into the thing I uploaded :P

does setnpcweight fix the issue?  if so temp fix whats nightly's base weight and just set it manually when you see them

41 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Doubt that it would fix. Try it, probably 0.5.

Yeah, the "setnpcweight" workaround isn't a permanent fix. It makes the dark face go away, but it dumps a lot of the face data and can lead to "potato face bug." Also, it doesn't persist across saved game loads.

@spawntx1, @Zellgarith, as an end user, there's a tool you can use when you encounter dark face bug to get a better result than the set weight "fix". However, from a publisher's point of view the answer is to just make sure the facegen files are working right.

Here's the facegen (zip file after the sceen shots), BTW, if you want to see how the actors are intended to look.

@VirginMarie, question for you, is it intentional that the non-bound stagger animation puts the actor's hands behind his back like he's an armbinder? I noticed that in Beta 1 and forgot to report it, and just now I noticed in Beta 2 as well. Also, my male character squeels like a girl when the phasing stone violates him. Functioning as intended? ?

ScreenShot73.png

ScreenShot74.png

Toys Beta 2 SE Facegen.7z

7 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

question for you, is it intentional that the non-bound stagger animation puts the actor's hands behind his back like he's an armbinder? I noticed that in Beta 1 and forgot to report it, and just now I noticed in Beta 2 as well.

Known thing. Currently the H2H, non-combat animations for both Arm binding and yoke binding, don't yet work, so I cheated and used replacers (meaning they stay there all the time). Its more than just the stagger ones. Yoke in particular, is a WIP.

7 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

Also, my male character squeels like a girl when the phasing stone violates him. Functioning as intended?

There is no male support anywhere yet. We will be doing male support, in a limited way, for V1, then chipping away at it to increase the support. Some of the assets we use and did not make ourselves, will be impossible to do anytime soon. Sounds not too hard.

As you already know, we are currently working on male/futa/beast toys system, and first toys for them.

56 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Known thing. Currently the H2H, non-combat animations for both Arm binding and yoke binding, don't yet work, so I cheated and used replacers (meaning they stay there all the time). Its more than just the stagger ones. Yoke in particular, is a WIP.

There is no male support anywhere yet. We will be doing male support, in a limited way, for V1, then chipping away at it to increase the support. Some of the assets we use and did not make ourselves, will be impossible to do anytime soon. Sounds not too hard.

As you already know, we are currently working on male/futa/beast toys system, and first toys for them.

Perfect, that's about what I figured but wanted to confirm.