So, a thought has crossed my mind a few times. Just did again... 

Is there a way to chain animations? By that, I don't mean stringing individual stages (SL tools does that I think), but stringing entire (N)-stage animations so they play back-to-back without need for manual intervention or scene end. (like a scripted use of the animaiton-randomizer or animation-selector hotkeys)

SL doesnt allow actors that are already animating to be used in another scene

So no, you cant. At least not without a small break between the animations where SL closes and starts a new thread 

58 minutes ago, Scrab said:

SL doesnt allow actors that are already animating to be used in another scene

So no, you cant. At least not without a small break between the animations where SL closes and starts a new thread 

I don't expect animations to contend with each other (ie what you said in your first line). However, if , while in an animation, I open the animation selector (0) or use the random-animation hotkey (o), the animation change is visibly immediate, even if there's a tiny delay in changing animation stream.  it simply moves to the chosen or randomized animation without any substantial delay (sometimes to the same step in the sequence for the new animation, sometimes it switches and starts at animation(0) of the new sequence. In both case, there is no observable delay, no setup time like when an animation first starts. 

Based on that clarification, is there any way to chain animations?

PS> I never suggested that they be run simultaneously. I said "Back to back". In case English is your second language and you're not familair with the adage "back to back", that means one after the other

I still dont fully understand what youre after, sigh

Im well aware what back to back means. In my understanding, you want a new animation to start while another is alrady ongoing/just finished, using at least one of the actors that are currently animating in an all new animation, like a chain rape or something. To do this, youd need to grab an Actor in the old animation, force him out of this animation and start a new animation with them, which isnt possible with a short setup time where the animation starts, at least from my understanding

Again, Im not 100% sure what you want

If there is a mod that does that then yes, it should be possible

You just need a script that fires w/e youre triggering manually automatically, e.g. through SL Hooks. How exactly SL will react to this though, I cannot tell 

well with SL TOOLS you can set up a scene in which you target NPC click hotkey( which you have to setup in MCM )

1. Target NPC

2. use hotkey and set receiver ( you have other options to)

3. look away , use hotkey again, set actor(choose who player or NPC)

4. actor with animation ; for threesomes+ you only chose the first actor with animation others consecutive actors that will be in the scene without animation(I think)

5. chose by tags, name. type...

6. when u r done , use hotkey again and Begin the scene and it will start

you can set as many actors a you want with first picked receiver, with their own animation which will be played after one ends until there are no actors left in the list, you can also set up different anims to play consecutively , like first anim 3some, second 2actor, third gangbang, 4th solo...etc 

you can also set player character to be a receiver, but also note until you erase that scene all actors/receivers you have set up there will follow you until you do that.

On 1/15/2021 at 4:35 AM, Scrab said:

I still dont fully understand what youre after, sigh

Im well aware what back to back means. In my understanding, you want a new animation to start while another is alrady ongoing/just finished, using at least one of the actors that are currently animating in an all new animation, like a chain rape or something. To do this, youd need to grab an Actor in the old animation, force him out of this animation and start a new animation with them, which isnt possible with a short setup time where the animation starts, at least from my understanding

Again, Im not 100% sure what you want

If there is a mod that does that then yes, it should be possible

You just need a script that fires w/e youre triggering manually automatically, e.g. through SL Hooks. How exactly SL will react to this though, I cannot tell 

A simple (although crude) example would be just doubling the length of a flowergirls kissing session (say, Leito Kissing 2) by repeating the entire sequence (ie, dialog choice "Kiss Her/Him") with a suitable NPC/follower (and yes, which can probably already be done using SL Tools)es)

A more complex one would be following Kissing 2 with Missionary_3, followed by Cowgirl_2

In each case, the actors would not redress or otherwise end scene back to their original standing positions, they'd simply start the next sequence.

This is effectively already what happens when the player uses the randomize or animation select hotkeys while monitoring an animation sequence if the animation is not allowed to finish before changing animation sequences), so it's not a CTD event from animation sequences firing simultaneously and conflicting with each other or anything.

Does that paint a clearer picture? It's like SL Tools, but instead of chaining individual animation stages, you chain animation sequences

You just need a script that fires w/e youre triggering manually automatically, e.g. through SL Hooks.

I kinda follow but not all the way. And yes, I can see from the scripting guide that it's possible I could write something after I learn it, just not sure if anyone might have already. It's just a juiced up version of SL tools, where you group groups-of-stages instead of just grouping stages

Anyway, it was just a thought.