Ashal

Site Update: Things have changed, but nothing is final.

Yep, the removal of the sidebar and of the "NEW" icons are a good choice, leaving us to concentrate on the content and improved legibility. The new logo is quite neat as well I'd say. Smiley_jap_HFR.gif

I like the new Header. Ebonvale was dated but, more importantly, it was Skyrim. While I'm here for Skyrim that puts me in a minority and I'm glad that, when new people come to LL, they see something different.

Also pleased to be rid of the sidebar.

A little idea if someone want to keep the "sidebar". I could say stupid things because I don't know anything about forum interfaces. Could you first make activation optional with a button (maybe with the customizer)? Could it be made horizontal, perhaps being able to choose whether to keep it up or down? So those with a large resolution will be favored rather than disadvantaged, because they will have a wider bar.

It's like a new game. Every time you log on to LL you have to spot the changes. 😀 There seems to be 3 classes - those you spot straight away; those you think may be different from yesterday; and those you miss completely.

2 hours ago, Psalam said:

Ebonvale was dated but, more importantly, it was Skyrim. While I'm here for Skyrim that puts me in a minority and I'm glad that, when new people come to LL, they see something different

Although I have to agree to that, my heart is empty now :classic_sad:

Rest in peace, my dear Ebonvale!

43 minutes ago, Leytra said:

Can we please change the top bar icons to something less tacky and windows-phone looking?

While I also dislike being derivative I must say that I like the icons to be "windows-phone looking". While it does not make the site prettier in any sense it should, hopefully, make the site a little more intuitive for new users.

Of course, I'm probably wasting my time. Internet users, in general, and LL users in particular are known for not reading and paying attention. On this thread alone, for instance, the same question was asked at least 5 times. *sigh* Well, it can't hurt to try.

Hopefully that will lead to FASTER loading of content in the Adult Goodies thread (Man that thread takes FOREVER to load)

I also like the fact I can FINALLY hit the left arrow key to go back & fix sometrhing & NOT have letters or words after it that DO NOT need fixing to be taken out (This forcing a re-typing of those words) (EDIT- I may have spoken a little prematurely on this however as this appears to still be an issue)

THAT SAID THOUGH - I think what I'll do on my end when I share my Adult Goodies is INSTEAD OF taking the source MP4 video file & converting it to WEBM (Which is TIME CONSUMING when the video is at or near 1080p) JUST to upload that here, I will just upload the MP4 video to my XVideos account & use the embed code I get from there (That can be resized to fit the player size here so that it's consistent) as then the LL servers aren't trying to load a video stored here (Thus making the thread easier to load))

That only takes me A FEW MINUTES ON MY PHONE to upload the video there whereas between converting the video to WEBM & uploading that WEBM video here, it can take AN HOUR OR MORE depending on the length of the video

In that amount of time, I can not only have the video uploaded to my XVideos account but ALSO shared on all my socials too (Twitter, Reddit, etc.)

Either way, nice going guys.  Keep up the good work :D 

Hopefully that will lead to FASTER loading of content in the Adult Goodies thread (Man that thread takes FOREVER to load)

I also like the fact I can FINALLY hit the left arrow key to go back & fix sometrhing & NOT have letters or words after it that DO NOT need fixing to be taken out (This forcing a re-typing of those words) (EDIT- I may have spoken a little prematurely on this however as this appears to still be an issue)

THAT SAID THOUGH - I think what I'll do on my end when I share my Adult Goodies is INSTEAD OF taking the source MP4 video file & converting it to WEBM (Which is TIME CONSUMING when the video is at or near 1080p) JUST to upload that here, I will just upload the MP4 video to my XVideos account & use the embed code I get from there (That can be resized to fit the player size here so that it's consistent) as then the LL servers aren't trying to load a video stored here (Thus making the thread easier to load))

That only takes me A FEW MINUTES ON MY PHONE to upload the video there whereas between converting the video to WEBM & uploading that WEBM video here, it can take AN HOUR OR MORE depending on the length of the video

In that amount of time, I can not only have the video uploaded to my XVideos account but ALSO shared on all my socials too (Twitter, Reddit, etc.)

Either way, nice going guys.  Keep up the good work :D 

EDIT Please BRING BACK the EDIT option as THIS is ALL we see after each post...

llboardeditoption.jpg

On 1/9/2021 at 2:00 PM, worik said:

It seems that  the new customizer isn't remembering my settings in a new tab.

Although it's working now between tabs,

it seems the site somehow forgots my settings after some time :classic_huh:

one thing that 'bothers' me (not really bothers but i cant find the right word)
when u visit a link, it stays the same (doesnt change colour or go from bold to regular or anything else) so its hard to remember which links i opened and which are new

On 1/9/2021 at 4:32 AM, longjohn119 said:

The site seems to be considerably more responsive than it has been in the last couple of months ..... Before I was waiting as long as 90 seconds after clicking a link, now it's almost instantaneous

+1 to this. I am astonished how much faster it is.

One thing that I resent noticed, is that the number of the topic followers -decreased- after the update.

I had 191 topic followers from what I remember and now they are 150.

I defiantly don't give a shit about the numbers but 40 missing accounts?

Does any of them post anything here or they just hooked in topics for future things?

Like troll posts or anything like that?

Does it makes any sense for accounts that singed long, very long time ago to exist, when they have not a single post in LL?

I believe that this should be a policy and disable or ban any account that has never ever post anything here, for at least a year.

I'm not talking about accounts that they used to post in the past and left a topic or the forum.

I'm talking about accounts never used, with zero posts from the time they were created.

I think that accounts with zero posts should be expired....

On 1/8/2021 at 4:15 PM, Psalam said:

I don't know if this change was intentional so ...

Previously when I checked lists (Content I posted In, Unread Content, etc.) there would only be the last post in a given thread even if there had been multiple posts in the last 5 minutes. Now, all the posts show up. So, for instance, in the "Contents I Posted In" list all there is currently are posts from this thread.

I have the same issue. Was this addressed in any way yet or is there an alternative?

The way I browse LL is by having an unread stream for skyrim SE sections. I then check that stream daily, weekly, monthly or so.

Previously only threads were listed in the stream in order of last updated and clicking on a thread took you to latest unread post.

This was great for an overview on old content (that I have or have not visited previously) and new content.

Now every single post of all threads are listed.

This causes the stream to be quite difficult to use to track unread threads and unread content as the stream gets flooded with posts from topics you may not want to visit at all. The stream is longer and thus slower to go through and slower to load in browser.

In fact, I might have to find alternative ways to track old and new threads.

Example of how a stream looks currently: https://i.imgur.com/in3TKDz.png

1 hour ago, TwilightStorm said:

Like troll posts or anything like that?

There was a brief period a year or two ago when there was a troll or two. I've got (or had, I've not checked) several followers from that period. They usually have names like 'qqewrwettte', 'asfgdgdg' or some other random finger drumming on the keyboard.