What's The Longest Gaming Session You've Ever Had?

The DarkSlayer

When I used to play WoW as an addict, I'd spend around 2+ days straight playing WoW non-stop. Think my max was like 4days non-stop WoW raids and guild battles? Somewhere along the lines of that. I've long since quit WoW so I don't remember much now.

Since then, the most I've ever put in a game is usually 12-18hrs and that's when I'm off from college and have a few days off from work.

Back when Halo 3 came out me and a friend sat down on his Xbox and played the whole game on one of the harder difficulties, we were both pretty poor so it took us at least 12 hours.  Though there was one unholy 19-hour long binge on a mixture of games, mostly fallout 3 interspersed with watching anime episodes.

Either 40-42 hours I don't count remember I did this about 12-15 years ago, played Counter Strike with a group of  friends at my house, set up 5 PC's and just played; fueled only by pizza, energy drinks, soda and Peanut butter + jelly sandwiches.  That night after the session I slept for like a day. lol. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I played the whole first week of Diablo III sleeping maybe 4 or 5 hours per day, so I guess my longest run for a single game without sleep is 19-20 hours. That was my last one actually, since I did it also when Skyrim or Mass Effect 3 came out, or the first day I played Fable.

Hmm, nor really sure if it counts, but 24Hrs.

Since I'm into Simracing (you know, real sim, not worthless stuff like NFS) The community I am a member of hosted a 24hr Le-Mans race.

This must had been 3 years ago, and a IRL friend to me was my 2nd driver. We decided to drive one hour each,

and while we were pitting to add fuel and change tires, we would switch driver.

It was the hardest thing I have ever done. The first 4-6 hours went okay, but then the sleepyness came slowly crawling. Taking a powernap every time we switched was the only thing we both could do. After 16 hours, we both started to discuss if we were gonna give up. But somehow we kept goin. When we finally crossed the finish line we both just said to each other "Sleep well" and we both passed out :lol:

35 cars started, but only 21 finished. We ended up as 6th so we were pretty happy.

And it was not to stay up that was really the hard part, but it was steering, shifting and using feets for the pedals that was the issue. My wrists felt like someone had stucked 1K needles in them and I could barelt stand on my feet. Both my legs and feet felt like spaghetti, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kimbale

5 Days of straight log-out-less DayZ. That was crazy, one of us covered the other while sleeping IRL. Yes, we did go a little far with the RP on that one...

Archived