IGNORED

[mod] Rimnosis - NSFW

Hawkhunter347

Rimnosis - NSFW

Rimnosis: A Rimworld Hypnosis Mod
Rimworld always seemed to lack the ability to change pawn's feelings towards events or actions. So I decided to try and fix that, along with some weapons and armor that may also help.

This is the NSFW variant of Rimnosis, the SFW variant is the more worked on version, and is on the workshop at: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2323415457

>>NOTICE: CURRENTLY WIP<<
WIP as in, none of the mind altering features are currently working. I am starting off with a grenade that forces enemies into an unconsious state, then moving onto the basic crystal necklace hypnosis for the base level hypnotizing effect. This is my first Rimworld mod and the first mod in general that i have published, so please note that it will probably take me longer than other devs to update.

Current Features:
Plugin to Religions of the Rim 2.0 for a custom religion that is being transformed into a mind control cult (gains piety for hypnotizing pawns, likes you recruiting prisoners using hypnosis, etc)
Grenade that doesn't currently have a function since all it does is flash with no damage or status effects

1 hour ago, qkskskclq7 said:

sooo... how to Instal?

all those files are supposed to be in one folder (usually they get uploaded as a .zip file)

go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods

create a folder called 'Rimnosis NSFW' or simply 'Rimnosis' and put all the files in there

after that just activate it in main menu -> mods

> *makes mod about mind alteration*

18 hours ago, Hawkhunter347 said:
none of the mind altering features are currently working.

I'm not sure what your mod is actually supposed to do at the moment... I will monitor this thread though 😁

Also if I were you, I wouldn't mention "SFW" or the existence of a NSFW variant on the steam workshop. Each and every comment you get there will ask about the NSFW version and where to get it.

8 hours ago, nugerumon said:

I'm not sure what your mod is actually supposed to do at the moment... I will monitor this thread though 😁

Also if I were you, I wouldn't mention "SFW" or the existence of a NSFW variant on the steam workshop. Each and every comment you get there will ask about the NSFW version and where to get it.

The mod enables you to change your colonists traits. While this can be done through Character Editor or Colonist Manager, hypnosis is a lore-friendly, game-playable way to change your colonist's traits. This is helpful for the times when your colonists are stuck with junk traits, or you want to add new traits immersively instead of feeling like you're cheating.

I also agree with nugerumon regarding any word about an NSFW version existing somewhere else. There's a reason why the SFW version of RJW on Steam doesn't link anywhere to the NSFW version on this forum. People will also soft-troll your steam workshop page by referring to the NSFW version on the Steam workshop even though you aren't. The policy that works best is post the link on Loverslab to the SFW version, but don't post a link or even reference the NSFW version on Steam workshop.

After the core of swapping out traits is done, consider expanding into other hypnosis-type features.

On 12/25/2020 at 3:46 AM, nugerumon said:

yeah i didn't intend on uploading it this early, i really only uploaded it because i needed help with the religion plugin and the discord for Religions of the Rim asked me to upload the SFW variant so they could test it. the SFW variant blew up and i got quite a few comments requesting the NSFW variant be published even though i kept stating that none of the mechanics were working at this stage. Also, i never linked the NSFW or Loverslab mod, i know the rules, i explicitly only referred to LL as "the darksite" and that the NSFW is available here for them to search for.

On 12/25/2020 at 11:44 AM, Dimo said:

The mod enables you to change your colonists traits. While this can be done through Character Editor or Colonist Manager, hypnosis is a lore-friendly, game-playable way to change your colonist's traits. This is helpful for the times when your colonists are stuck with junk traits, or you want to add new traits immersively instead of feeling like you're cheating.

I also agree with nugerumon regarding any word about an NSFW version existing somewhere else. There's a reason why the SFW version of RJW on Steam doesn't link anywhere to the NSFW version on this forum. People will also soft-troll your steam workshop page by referring to the NSFW version on the Steam workshop even though you aren't. The policy that works best is post the link on Loverslab to the SFW version, but don't post a link or even reference the NSFW version on Steam workshop.

After the core of swapping out traits is done, consider expanding into other hypnosis-type features.

I did plan to plugin to RJW later on to allow for prisoners or pawns being hypnotized into doing things they wouldn't normally agree to (ie allow you to enable the breed and free use buttons on the RJW UI thingy after several sessions) but i don't have large plans in the explicitly NSFW department

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...