krimsonxg

Glossy/Shiny Sims/Items with HQ Mod On

So I have recently decided to turn on the HQ mod and ran into this effect on several sims. At first I chocked it up to things not yet converted to HQ that wasn't already already HQ compatible. I then used cmars tool to convert the non HQ clothing textures. However I noticed that majority of them still have the shiny/glossy white squares, and can't figure out why it is still around.

I have double checked my settings and have everything set to "Very High" and "High" and also have the "Post Processing Effects" ticked. I have also cleared the thumbcache and know that it is enabled cause unticking "HQ Sim Textures" has WW throw out a warning when I start/load.

I tried look at the items download pages to see if they had HQ comparability originally or if all the items that had this issue were non HQ from the get go and it was coming down to me over looking something or the tool being out of date or something.

Some examples of things that had these effects were:

-Some of Wingsims Hairs

-Birba32's Denim Shorts

-bukovka's Ultra Short Skirt

Was your sim wearing cc jewellery and/or make up at the time?....broken hair can sometimes cause the shiney squares problem....but normally the hair and shorts will turn the sim all black...have you tried removing everything from the sim in cas...hair...make up etc then adding say birbas shorts,and nothing else then going into the game?.....

I had some cc earings that caused that....

May I ask - is there an important downside to using the HQ mod? I'm coming to Sims 4 from other games and find the low res textures frankly dull... But I don't see many people mention the HQ mod over here.

10 hours ago, petronius said:

May I ask - is there an important downside to using the HQ mod? I'm coming to Sims 4 from other games and find the low res textures frankly dull... But I don't see many people mention the HQ mod over here.

If some CAS content is not HQ compatible the sim will look black or yellow. With skin tones and eyes similar problems may occur.

Even with the provided HQ files many items are missing, mostly but not exclusively items which were added by a patch.

As long as you own only the basegame the required effort may be acceptable. With some game packs I dropped the idea of using HQ.

HQ textures are not HQ meshes. Do not expect less visible edges.