7cupsbobatae's Townie Makeovers: Malcolm Landgraab Townie Makeover Added - Updated: 19 April

1 hour ago, krchmar said:

Will you upload more of the townsfolk so you incorporate every townsfolk/family? If yes, I LOVE YOU!

Certainly! There is another 14~ townie makeover on the way, which are already done. I just splitted it into days and i will upload them slowly. Eventually, i'll complete whole sims worlds' townies. But of course, it will take some time. :) 

12 minutes ago, 7cupsbobatae said:

Certainly! There is another 14~ townie makeover on the way, which are already done. I just splitted it into days and i will upload them slowly. Eventually, i'll complete whole sims worlds' townies. But of course, it will take some time. :) 

THANKS INFRONT! ???

One of the oddly numbered files (196.package, or something like that) is a duplicate of one of PralineSims mouth corner pieces. One I already have. Will the game use the correct one if I don't put the other in my mod folder?

This has come up before. Other custom sim builders are using bits of CC where the name of sketchy Russian download sites have been appended to the filename of otherwise legit CC which I already have. Do I have to keep the weird ones if I want that custom sim to look right?

@DarkAudit Hi, no you don't have to keep them (1(156), 1(176) and 1(196). IIRC, it was sort of merged file from PSims which was part of a larger cc (originally from her i guess but not sure though). To make the cc size smaller, i unmerged it. I don't have such cc in my mods any longer. It might've been involved before i clean-up my mods folder. If you got it from me, sorry about it.

Edited by 7cupsbobatae
6 minutes ago, 7cupsbobatae said:

@DarkAudit Hi, no you don't have to keep them. I don't have such cc in my mods any longer. It might've been involved before i clean-up my mods folder. If you got it from me, sorry about it.

There were just a couple of them in your sims I've unpacked so far. That mouth corner and an extra copy of Lumia's ear mod. I had those others from some custom sims I acquired long ago, like the Morticia Addams someone here posted a couple of years back. That had a copy of kijiko's eyelashes renamed with the Russian site added to the filename.

49 minutes ago, Grady53 said:

how do you get these makeover sims to show in game?

Hi! You can manually remove the household and replace them with the ones you've downloaded. Or, you can use MCCC settings and replace them one by one. Either way, it takes a little time.

Whole another option, you can use them as main sims or you can place them anywhere in the world and then tick them as unplayed households in world managing menu. It's all up to your preference :) 

Hey,
great respect for your work and your passion. I haven't been playing the game for long and thought one could find everything relevant to CC only on the big CC sites. But I would not have thought that I would also find jewels here.

Above all, I want to thank you explicitly for letting us benefit from your work for free. It has to be said quite clearly that it is not a matter of course.

But I guess your makeovers don't work in a way that the game uses these graphics automatically from then on, but you have to delete each family and recreate it with your graphics as well as reconstruct all the relationships within the families yourself?

1 hour ago, The Blob said:

Hey,
great respect for your work and your passion. I haven't been playing the game for long and thought one could find everything relevant to CC only on the big CC sites. But I would not have thought that I would also find jewels here.

Above all, I want to thank you explicitly for letting us benefit from your work for free. It has to be said quite clearly that it is not a matter of course.

But I guess your makeovers don't work in a way that the game uses these graphics automatically from then on, but you have to delete each family and recreate it with your graphics as well as reconstruct all the relationships within the families yourself?

Hi! Thank you so much for your nice words. I really appreciate your kindness. :) Unfortunately, no townie makeovers works in a way that they can replace themselves, due to how game works. First, you need to delete the existing townie to replace them. But after a while, if your "fill empty houses" box ticked, they can re-appear. So you also need to remove that tick from the box. You can find it in options > gameplay. Other than that, you can try and use MCCC to modify/replace them. I don't know exact details on this since i don't use all the features of MCCC.

Since i don't change their skills, relationships and i create them via click on them and modify in CAS directly, i think it should be fine. I'm not sure if it effects the gameplay in a drastic way but i guess it does not.

Just a little side note, the townies might seem like just townie makeovers but if the player wants to, they can use the makeovers as main households. It's all up to the player's desire. :)

I also have 86 sims (and growing each week) that you can use freely. I'm leaving the links into the spoiler (they are in two seperate links). You can find and download them on loverslab if you please. :) ♥

Spoiler

Edited by 7cupsbobatae
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, 7cupsbobatae said:

New townie makeover Meredith Roswell added!

I can feel the TEXAS from here just from the previews. :)

Which version of EVE are you using? Does it matter if I use the 8.2 preset package instead of the one you supplied in the archive?

If you're taking requests, might I ask for Bess Sterling? If she's gonna keep asking my sims for money, the girl's gonna *work* for it! ;)

(And usually she gets to the point of just showing up for the fun, not the money.)

Edited by DarkAudit
3 hours ago, DarkAudit said:

I can feel the TEXAS from here just from the previews. :)

Which version of EVE are you using? Does it matter if I use the 8.2 preset package instead of the one you supplied in the archive?

If you're taking requests, might I ask for Bess Sterling? If she's gonna keep asking my sims for money, the girl's gonna *work* for it! ;)

(And usually she gets to the point of just showing up for the fun, not the money.)

I use various body presets, sometimes ea and sometimes custom. I usually add them in the archieve.

For the moment, i'm full up with my schedule. Maybe later on i can work on Bess. Who knows :)