7cupsbobatae's Townie Makeovers: Summer Holiday Townie Makeover (Remaster) Added - Updated: 23 April

Nice looking sims but you've included many merged files containing many makeup items into one file.

Plus you also have unknown files like 001s.package that S4S can't even read.

Also found a romance mod included with one.

These can cause problems for new users having hidden duplicates if they already have the same cc downloaded separately already.

Plus having parts of outdated Mods included.

Each sim should be split from the family before saving to tray and exporting so you don't include everything else used on the rest of the household.

Merged files should be unmerged before this so you only have the items included that particular sim has equipped.

When exporting check and remove any Mods listed you have in game before exporting them.

It will also reduce your upload/download file sizes and cause people less problems.  

46 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Nice looking sims but you've included many merged files containing many makeup items into one file.

Plus you also have unknown files like 001s.package that S4S can't even read.

Also found a romance mod included with one.

These can cause problems for new users having hidden duplicates if they already have the same cc downloaded separately already.

Plus having parts of outdated Mods included.

Each sim should be split from the family before saving to tray and exporting so you don't include everything else used on the rest of the household.

Merged files should be unmerged before this so you only have the items included that particular sim has equipped.

When exporting check and remove any Mods listed you have in game before exporting them.

It will also reduce your upload/download file sizes and cause people less problems.  

Thank you for the info. I know them by heart by now, however, sometimes i can miss them from my sight. 00s. file came to me when i downloaded a sim from here long ago and when i removed it, i lost many cc which i think i'm still using. I usually check before upload, not directly uploading them so if i included passionate romance, i probably missed it. WW, Basemental, other mods etc. I try my best to remove them. IF they are included in one of my very older sim files, then it's because of i was inexperienced. If it was recent, probably missed them to delete. Sorry about it. Also about merged files, some of them are seperable as you mentioned but some of them corrupted so i can't split them. When i check it, it uses some cc from it. The other make-up merged package is also from here and when i unmerge it, only 2 files comes out and they are barely like 2 mbs so idk but probably that package file is also corrupted.

Other than that, i split each townie from family, unless i remake entire household. Let's say there is 5 in a household, then, if i remake only one of them, i delete the other 4. If i remake every one of them, i keep them all and seperate into parts because sometimes i can use shared cc.

Overall, i'll try my best to take care of them better from now on. All the advices and compliments, i can only appreciate them. Thank you ♥ :) 

Edited by 7cupsbobatae
33 minutes ago, 7cupsbobatae said:

Also about merged files, some of them are seperable as you mentioned but some of them corrupted so i can't split them. When i check it, it uses some cc from it. The other make-up merged package is also from here and when i unmerge it, only 2 files comes out and they are barely like 2 mbs so idk but probably that package file is also corrupted.

I went through the same problem long ago and I opened them with S4S to see the authors and contents.

Then I hunted most all of them down and downloaded new ones but it took a long time.

After that I don't merge anything anymore.

I had merged them with an older version of S4S or something else so the new version could read most of them but couldn't unmerge them.

Some of the filenames inside were rather hard to read also.

But I would get them fixed before posting any more sims and then update all your previous sims.    

9 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

I went through the same problem long ago and I opened them with S4S to see the authors and contents.

Then I hunted most all of them down and downloaded new ones but it took a long time.

After that I don't merge anything anymore.

I had merged them with an older version of S4S or something else so the new version could read most of them but couldn't unmerge them.

Some of the filenames inside were rather hard to read also.

But I would get them fixed before posting any more sims and then update all your previous sims.    

Definitely agree. I'll try to seek and find these 00s before i upload them from now on. Thank you lots! ♥ :) 

40 minutes ago, 7cupsbobatae said:

Definitely agree. I'll try to seek and find these 00s before i upload them from now on. Thank you lots! ♥ :) 

There are other merged files you should also fix or remove and most you can tell by the file size and 2019 dates.

Example:

Afsi1.package

Brovichetasimakotikapackage.package

GPMEMakeup.package

Only from the Akiyama download as I deleted the rest already.

I'd also suggest in your in game Mods folder to have each cc installed in their own separate folders by category like...

Mods/Makeup

Or

Mods/Makeup/Female

Mods/Makeup/Male

Mods/Makeup/Child

etc.

Edited by Scorpio
10 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

There are other merged files you should also fix or remove and most you can tell by the file size and 2019 dates.

Example:

Afsi1.package

Brovichetasimakotikapackage.package

GPMEMakeup.package

Only from the Akiyama download as I deleted the rest already.

I already fixed them a long ago. That time, i didn't know about merging-unmerging but then, i found out about it. In time, i'm still learning and keep fixing. Deleting and re-uploading old files is not welcomed so i can't change them now. But for future uploads, i'll do better. :) 

Edited by 7cupsbobatae
4 minutes ago, 7cupsbobatae said:

Deleting and re-uploading old files is not welcomed so i can't change them now.

Not true as the Moderators here just don't want to see updates just for the sake of keeping your Patreon advertising at the top of the downloads page.

If your file sizes have changed on older downloads it quite obvious you've made changes/fixes to them.

If older sims have issues then you should just remove them from downloads until fixed.

Your last uploaded sim Lilith Vatore has some of the same files included so not everything has been corrected. 

Just now, Scorpio said:

Not true as the Moderators here just don't want to see updates just for the sake of keeping your Patreon advertising at the top of the downloads page.

If your file sizes have changed on older downloads it quite obvious you've made changes/fixes to them.

If older sims have issues then you should just remove them from downloads until fixed.

Your last uploaded sim Lilith Vatore has some of the same files included so not everything has been corrected. 

Just checked her and 00s and Acc merged pack was the only problem. If i'll delete the DL file and re-upload it, it'll probably get reported because as i've followed other "sim spam" threads by multiple users, it'll get reported eventually. Mods pretty often says that they are getting so much false reports. There is 28 existing townie makeovers by me at the moment, so i think i need to delete them all and re-upload them which will be quite problematic so i can't do that option.. For that matter, when i upload next townie makeover, i'll note that if they have 00s etc files in their downloaded sim files by me, they can delete them and it probably won't harm the sim itself.

I believe keeping a better eye on future uploads will do the thing. Of course, when i update my threads next time, i'll leave a note about those problematic files.

17 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Also, by "as i've already fixed them", i meant i've already fixed the said merged package files which were Afsi1.package, Brovichetasimakotikapackage.package, GPMEMakeup.package in my mods so they won't be included in future files.

7 minutes ago, 7cupsbobatae said:

For that matter, when i upload next townie makeover, i'll note that if they have 00s etc files in their downloaded sim files by me, they can delete them and it probably won't harm the sim itself.

Meanwhile people continue to download your old files and will have problems.

Then the rest of us on the forums have to try helping those same people who've installed your custom sims in the past.

You're not helping matters and as they say " If your not part of the solution then you're part of the problem".

In the future doesn't matter much as most people don't read anything they just download stuff.

My recommendation to anyone is DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY CUSTOM SIMS.

That's all I'll say so do as you will.

5 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Meanwhile people continue to download your old files and will have problems.

Then the rest of us on the forums have to try helping those same people who've installed your custom sims in the past.

You're not helping matters and as they say " If your not part of the solution then you're part of the problem".

Just reached out to a moderator to ask if it's okay to delete my old files and re-upload the "fixed" versions. If they give me green light, i'll do it one by one.

Edited by 7cupsbobatae
15 minutes ago, 7cupsbobatae said:

Just reached out to a moderator to ask if it's okay to delete my old files and re-upload the "fixed" versions. If they give me green light, i'll do it one by one.

And what about the 190+ sims that you're selling on Patreon? Do they all have merged, outdated CC as well?

If you're truly concerned about fixing the situation, you have a very big job ahead of you.

2 minutes ago, BatDood said:

And what about the 190+ sims that you're selling on Patreon? Do they all have merged, outdated CC as well?

If you're truly concerned about fixing the situation, you have a very big job ahead of you.

I'll fix them too as soon as i'm done with the ones on the LL. CC isn't outdated actually. Mostly merged files are too old to be seperated with s4s. So yeah, i'll fix them too.

Edited by 7cupsbobatae
5 minutes ago, 7cupsbobatae said:

CC isn't outdated actually. Mostly merged files are too old to be seperated with s4s.

I guess I worded that incorrectly. If you can't unmerge them, then they're outdated.

But at least you're making efforts to fix the situation.

3 minutes ago, BatDood said:

I guess I worded that incorrectly. If you can't unmerge them, then they're outdated.

But at least you're making efforts to fix the situation.

The files inside the merged package are not outdated. Merging is made really really long time ago by someone when the s4s had no unmerging option (i guess?) or the version was too old which is no longer compatible to unmerge with newer s4s versions. So i'm gonna fix em all one by one. It will take me a couple of days but townie makeovers should be done in a few hours i believe. Depending on my internet speed.

@Scorpio @BatDood So, i'm done with my townie makeover re-packing. Had to delete some townies due to tray-importer giving errors. 23 of them are fine, 5 of them are gone unfortunately. Maybe, if i can fix them, i can re-upload them sometime in future. I'm uploading them to loverslab now but it'll take a time to finish uploading as my internet is annoyingly slow af. Edit: Townie makeovers fully re-uploaded.

Other than townie makeovers, my PART 1 sims reached maximum editing limit so i can't touch a single thing. Reached out to a moderator before and they said they can't do anything about it because it's beyond editable. So, i'll re-upload my PART 2 sims tomorrow. Edit: Part 2 sims re-uploaded. Tried to edit Part 1 but no chance as i mentioned above.

After that, i'll go for my patreon uploads and re-upload all my sims to patreon via editing their file section. It's easier on patreon. Edit: I re-uploaded all my sims to my patreon just to keep the files clean. Nothing significant changed.

Edited by 7cupsbobatae
4 hours ago, joker1519 said:

Hi,

Wanted to confirm, If we already added them in-game before the update, we don't have to re-add them again (since we don't have to redownload as stated in the note) ?

Sorry, I'm a bit confused since the pre update meaning they still use the merged files?

Hi and yes, if you've already downloaded them, you don't have to redownload them again. In fact, if you have " 00s.package ", " COSMETICS, TATTOOS, PIERCINGS.package ", " Brovichetasimakotikapackage or Brovichetasimakotika.package ", " GPMEMakeup.package ", "SxL_SS_Merged", "SxL_TSS_Merged", " Eyebrows - brovichetassimakotikapackage ", " SSTS_Rococo_Frock_Coat_MERGED " you can feel free to delete them because at the very max, you'll lose an eyeliner or a blush from some random of your sims (if only they are using a cc from those packages). You may not be losing too. I mean, these files are insignificantly merged files. But they were merged in a way too old time that s4s couldn't unmerge them so i fixed them by finding unmerged versions and replaced them so noone has to do it by themselves. Other than fixing these files, nothing significant changed. :) 

Edited by 7cupsbobatae
46 minutes ago, 7cupsbobatae said:

Hi and yes, if you've already downloaded them, you don't have to redownload them again. In fact, if you have " 00s.package ", " COSMETICS, TATTOOS, PIERCINGS.package ", " Brovichetasimakotikapackage or Brovichetasimakotika.package ", " GPMEMakeup.package ", "SxL_SS_Merged", "SxL_TSS_Merged", " Eyebrows - brovichetassimakotikapackage ", " SSTS_Rococo_Frock_Coat_MERGED " you can feel free to delete them because at the very max, you'll lose an eyeliner or a blush from some random of your sims (if only they are using a cc from those packages). You may not be losing too. I mean, these files are insignificantly merged files. But they were merged in a way too old time that s4s couldn't unmerge them so i fixed them by finding unmerged versions and replaced them so noone has to do it by themselves. Other than fixing these files, nothing significant changed. :) 

Oh Ok, glad to hear

Thank you very much

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DarkAudit said:

I don't know why I hadn't visited this thread sooner, because this is some fantastic work. Kudos! ?

Since I am so late to the thread, what is the state of the merged/unmerged packages now? Anything I need to tidy up on my end to avoid duplicate CC?

Merged files didn't have anything significant to remove inside them. I just made a clean-up mainly because there were old files, plus, reduce the downloadable file sizes. If you're new to my townie makeovers, you can download them without facing any problem and you don't need a clean-up (unless you already have any of the ccs and don't want duplicates. It's all up to you). If you have said files (see below) in your mods folder, you can remove it. They don't use any significant cc at all.

If you have these ones in your mods, you can freely remove them:

• 00s.package
  • 001s.package
  • COSMETICS, TATTOOS, PIERCINGS.package
  • Passionate Romance mod (if you don't use it, you can delete it)
  • Brovichetasimakotikapackage or Brovichetasimakotika.package
  • GPMEMakeup.package
  • Afsi1.package

I've cleaned my downloads (part 2) and townie makeover downloads from these files and some more. But unfortunately couldn't touch to my part 1 downloads since it reached maximum editing amount.

If you need further assistance or want to ask something about my sims, feel free to do so :) ♥

Edited by 7cupsbobatae