Kalmah

Submissive Lola - an Extension

There is no vanilla sleep script; there's just the player activating furniture flagged as some form of bed. That's why I need to use a blockactivation script to hijack the activation event before it sends the standard sleep prompt, and my quest takes off from there. Dynamically assigning scripts and furniture markers would make for a lot more work, although it is quite possible. But there's bound to be a handful of bugs and, besides, I don't feel the playe is entitled to using their home as someone else's property. Perhaps a reappropriating quest to transfer the house to the owner would fit this case better, and I could make things a bit more controllable.

I'll add them to player owner homes, then - but I take no responsibility for shrapnel embedded anywhere! It should be as easy as attaching the script to a bed and placing the furniture objects, since none of the scripts even check to see if you're in an inn or not; just that you want to sleep in something you own.

Yeah, that's kind of what I meant, applying the block activation to all beds.  I'm still angling that the player shouldn't be making decisions on when and where to sleep...like getting their head down for 7 hours in a dungeon or something, sleeping in wilderness areas and dungeons seems like a 'get out' from a lot of SLR content.  Perhaps a decision could be made when the dungeon clear flag triggers/boss chest is looted, that if it is after 7PM it checks to see if there is a bed in area, rather than trapes back to the city in the dark.   Not even sure how much player homes are going to come up unless they are already owned before stating SLR anyway, unless the method of obtaining it is changed, I just don't see the player ever completing the requisite reputation quests. let alone managing to get the funds together.

Yeah, that's kind of what I meant, applying the block activation to all beds.  I'm still angling that the player shouldn't be making decisions on when and where to sleep...like getting their head down for 7 hours in a dungeon or something, sleeping in wilderness areas and dungeons seems like a 'get out' from a lot of SLR content.  Perhaps a decision could be made when the dungeon clear flag triggers/boss chest is looted, that if it is after 7PM it checks to see if there is a bed in area, rather than trapes back to the city in the dark.   Not even sure how much player homes are going to come up unless they are already owned before stating SLR anyway, unless the method of obtaining it is changed, I just don't see the player ever completing the requisite reputation quests. let alone managing to get the funds together.

I'm all for wresting control from the player - that's what this mod is largely about - but in my submission there is a fine line to be walked between adding onto or changing gameplay aspects to fundamentally interfering with it in a way that isn't enjoyable. Some things I can force through scripts - and preferably make appear somewhat natural through quests and scenes - but other things should simply be left up to your own roleplaying ability. The risk of any such enforcing scripts stepping into areas other than what they were initially intended for grows with every addition, and should therefore be limited at best.

I'm all for wresting control from the player - that's what this mod is largely about - but in my submission there is a fine line to be walked between adding onto or changing gameplay aspects to fundamentally interfering with it in a way that isn't enjoyable. Some things I can force through scripts - and preferably make appear somewhat natural through quests and scenes - but other things should simply be left up to your own roleplaying ability. The risk of any such enforcing scripts stepping into areas other than what they were initially intended for grows with every addition, and should therefore be limited at best.

I didn't really consider it to be too much of an imposition on the player not to sleep rough, but aside from it being easy to RP, there are plenty mods out there that discourage that sort of thing anyway.   Considering you only released this mod outside of the SLR thread 12 days ago, you have already made an incredible amount of progress and your updates seem like they will present big changes.  Given that SLR already demands a great amount of engagement from the player as it is, it's definitely going to be best to get some field testing and feedback to see how it actually plays, and while I still think it would fit the theme nicely, I agree more radical changes to the gameplay at this stage are risky... perhaps it's something I might try out myself at a later date once I have playtested for a while.

In addition to the conditions you can set in the MCM, I also set a minimum contract duration of 14 days in the quest trigger. The idea is that your owner won't take such drastic measures if you're only going to be around temporarily. Furthermore, the quest can only start inside walled cities from the base game, as that's where I've placed the necessary objects for it to start.

Player homes are of course a possibility and would be easy enough to implement using the scripts that are already in place. They are, however, a popular target for modders, and I can't rely on every author to leave the base objects intact. For instance, I use a script residing on beds in inns to interrupt the player when she tries to sleep, but can't add such a script to a bed added by some other mod without making it a dependency. The obvious solution would be to use an alias instead and attach the script to every bed in a cell, but that poses a host of other issues that would greatly overcomplicate the process. I could make a spin-off and attach it only to beds in player owned houses, but that still leaves the issue of where I place the 'furniture' objects without clipping.

Making the branding quest repeatable would be feasible, simply by replacing the tattoo I've made with a random one drawn from whatever source you like. It may require different animations, though, and I'm already pushing 118 animations (66 if you discount movement animation replacers). It'd be a lot of work that could be spent on adding newer, more exciting stuff as well.

I'm pleased to inform you the relevant script will be running from the get go in the next version.

Finally, a little status update again: I've finished work on two of the more complex radiant events for the upcoming version.

Radiant inns: 'done'

Your owner may demand you visit a nearby tavern or inn, but the goal isn't necessarily to sleep there. Instead, he or she may simply choose to have a drink and use their slave as a leg rest, or to tend to their personal hygiene by shaving or washing their property - boasting a total of 10 new paired animations. The latter events draw from older animations from when I was still learning how to make them, but I do hope the difference won't be too jarring. I may still consider updating and upgrading them later down the road.

Radiant blacksmiths: 'done'

I've decided to replace the Slave's Attire quest with one radiantly generated from nearby blacksmiths, completely rewriting the relevant scripts to make the process more streamlined, dynamic and - above all - supporting both Devious items and standard equippable objects. As of right now, the available items draw from a list containing all the items from the now obsolete Attire quest (which were furthermore also converted to use DD), although I may consider making the list more dynamic in the future as well. Your owner may also seek blacksmiths for more mundane needs, simply to upgrade their weapons and armor.

I'm anticipating these events to be the last amongst the more complicated events I intended to add; the other ones should be much more straightforward and require a substantially less amount of work. It's close (to a very beta release)!

If I may make a suggestion, it might be a good idea to look in to adding functionality with YPS Immersive fashion and hairstyling. Given that mod's reemergence this year, its use is a bit more widespread, and it's honestly designed for functions such as shaving the player's head, and having the hair grow back over time. This includes body hair.

There's a fix someone has provided to allow other mods to hook in to it, and as long as you make it an optional integration, it doesn't need to be added as a master.

Those look great. I'll write t.ara to inquire about permissions or, even better, to see how he/she did it. I'll see if I can't make it Bodyslide compatible once I've achieved something acceptable, and to re-integrate them into the quests.

Maybe you could ask T.ara to support you with some of his already finished beautiful devices. He has tons of finished stuff yet, but hesitates to publish them. He wants to publish all with a big big uptade of his ZAP9, but I am afraid this will take very long...

So maybe you can persuade him to give you at least some of his new stuff in advance...

I didn't really consider it to be too much of an imposition on the player not to sleep rough, but aside from it being easy to RP, there are plenty mods out there that discourage that sort of thing anyway.   Considering you only released this mod outside of the SLR thread 12 days ago, you have already made an incredible amount of progress and your updates seem like they will present big changes.  Given that SLR already demands a great amount of engagement from the player as it is, it's definitely going to be best to get some field testing and feedback to see how it actually plays, and while I still think it would fit the theme nicely, I agree more radical changes to the gameplay at this stage are risky... perhaps it's something I might try out myself at a later date once I have playtested for a while.

Of course, I will be considering to add more restrictions once this base framework is in place. One step at a time!

any thoughts for bodyslide versions of the props like vaginal hook !?

I personally hate making BodySlide files with a passion, but I do hope to add it to all custom items provided in the mod.

If I may make a suggestion, it might be a good idea to look in to adding functionality with YPS Immersive fashion and hairstyling. Given that mod's reemergence this year, its use is a bit more widespread, and it's honestly designed for functions such as shaving the player's head, and having the hair grow back over time. This includes body hair.

There's a fix someone has provided to allow other mods to hook in to it, and as long as you make it an optional integration, it doesn't need to be added as a master.

Thanks, I was looking for something like that. I added the events to the quest script.

hi! any news about  the date of updates?

Sorry, just can't wait :)

I recently posted a minor status update.

Maybe you could ask T.ara to support you with some of his already finished beautiful devices. He has tons of finished stuff yet, but hesitates to publish them. He wants to publish all with a big big uptade of his ZAP9, but I am afraid this will take very long...

So maybe you can persuade him to give you at least some of his new stuff in advance...

I'm holding off on using the animations and devices provided by ZAP, mainly because I'm still adding and changing stuff. With my own animations, I'm at liberty to make relevant struggling, edging or other deviant animations from their base. Furthermore, I prefer the control my own scripts and animation events give me over true furniture animations.

Could you provide a list which animations I can trigger with the sae-command, please? 

You can find the list of all animation events from my mod in your Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\animations\0kal folder, in the FNIS_0kal_list text file. They're all prefixed with 0kal.

One thing i wanted to ask if possible or is planned you are sleeping on the floor beneath/near your Master? How about incorporating zaz furniture or Display Model furniture?

Sleeping on the ground is already implemented through the events that take place when you try to sleep in inns. I'm hoping to expand on it further in the future with more bed-related animations involving the owner, as soon as I figure out a somewhat elegant way of doing it. As I mentioned in my previous post, I won't be using furniture from Zaz or other packs. I'm still considering switching all pseudofurnitures present in my mod to use the DD contraptions framework, in which case I'd prefer to have access to the raw files of the base animations if I want to change things around a bit.

3 hours ago, Kalmah said:

Of course, I will be considering to add more restrictions once this base framework is in place. One step at a time!

I personally hate making BodySlide files with a passion, but I do hope to add it to all custom items provided in the mod.

Thanks, I was looking for something like that. I added the events to the quest script.

I recently posted a minor status update.

I'm holding off on using the animations and devices provided by ZAP, mainly because I'm still adding and changing stuff. With my own animations, I'm at liberty to make relevant struggling, edging or other deviant animations from their base. Furthermore, I prefer the control my own scripts and animation events give me over true furniture animations.

You can find the list of all animation events from my mod in your Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\animations\0kal folder, in the FNIS_0kal_list text file. They're all prefixed with 0kal.

Thank you! They are really amazing!

Not sure if it was already posted or not but wanted to let you know on SE at least, the only thing I've seen come up so far is the restless slave dialog says they are going to change collar and add restraints but it doesn't do anything, then the follower (owner) strips naked?... The last part is an easy fix, but I looked at load order and didn't see anything that seemed off.

49 minutes ago, Arch said:

Not sure if it was already posted or not but wanted to let you know on SE at least, the only thing I've seen come up so far is the restless slave dialog says they are going to change collar and add restraints but it doesn't do anything, then the follower (owner) strips naked?... The last part is an easy fix, but I looked at load order and didn't see anything that seemed off.

That strongly smells like you are using the wrong version of either mod. Please update both using the link in my description, for the file hosted by Hexbolt8 (and no other).

11 minutes ago, Arch said:

Sorry for the back to back post, I'm also using the V110 from the primary mod posted on the site which appears to be the current.

No, if you had followed the link you'd see we're past v2.0 by now, even.

Hi Kalmah, I ran into a minor bug when playing through the "City Bondage" quest in Windhelm. Before the owner locks my PC in the device, the dialogue was interrupted by a force greet by enforcers from SLS. It's just a minor issue but it seems to break the owner behavior because he'll just stand there looking at my PC after finishing his dialogue, instead of walking away. AFAIK, it only affects Windhelm since the device is closest to the city gates, where the enforcers are located. 

Came across something what I'd call a serious bug.

Finally triggered Restless Slave - but as I am wearing DCL's Slave Collar (the one you need to have a certain amount of sex acts before it unequips) , I have no idea what that "collar upgrade" Mistress talked about would have been. So I took a bit of a whipping, just for fun, but as the scene ended, my Slave Collar was unquipped and I was equipped with the "steel collar (padded)" which is the one issued via SLtR's MCM (and I had that one still in my inventory, of course) When I unlocked the collar, I was punished (of course) and told to "equip the Steel Collar (padded)"

Tow things:

- if you respect the locking collar on equip, you really should respect it on un-equip

- in the meantime, HexBolt8 made it the slave's choice to wear any collar she likes, as long as it's a DD one. Did you touch that script?

Oh, and Mistress was back in her vanilla steel armour, although she wore a latex catsuit since forever.

I had wanted to complain about animations not working for a night's rest or City Bondage, but I forgot to run FNIS...

Hi,

very nice mod!

I have a little problem here with "sleeping in an Inn". I used the hotkey "E" to sleep, what works, but "E" is also the vanilla hotkey to activate or speak to someone. 

And now the game always asks me how long i want to sleep when i try to talk to someone.

Can i change the hotkey somehow?

Oh, and merry Christmas/happy hollidays everyone!

17 hours ago, DisarmingSnail said:

Hi Kalmah, I ran into a minor bug when playing through the "City Bondage" quest in Windhelm. Before the owner locks my PC in the device, the dialogue was interrupted by a force greet by enforcers from SLS. It's just a minor issue but it seems to break the owner behavior because he'll just stand there looking at my PC after finishing his dialogue, instead of walking away. AFAIK, it only affects Windhelm since the device is closest to the city gates, where the enforcers are located. 

I'll see about moving the bondage location elsewhere in the next update.

15 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Came across something what I'd call a serious bug.

Finally triggered Restless Slave - but as I am wearing DCL's Slave Collar (the one you need to have a certain amount of sex acts before it unequips) , I have no idea what that "collar upgrade" Mistress talked about would have been. So I took a bit of a whipping, just for fun, but as the scene ended, my Slave Collar was unquipped and I was equipped with the "steel collar (padded)" which is the one issued via SLtR's MCM (and I had that one still in my inventory, of course) When I unlocked the collar, I was punished (of course) and told to "equip the Steel Collar (padded)"

Tow things:

- if you respect the locking collar on equip, you really should respect it on un-equip

- in the meantime, HexBolt8 made it the slave's choice to wear any collar she likes, as long as it's a DD one. Did you touch that script?

Oh, and Mistress was back in her vanilla steel armour, although she wore a latex catsuit since forever.

I had wanted to complain about animations not working for a night's rest or City Bondage, but I forgot to run FNIS...

I'll make some changes to reequip whatever collar it was you were wearing before thre event starts. I blindly assumed people would be wearing one of the collars specified in the parent mod's MCM and simply reequipped that one when my quest finished, but of course there's a plethora of other mods that force collars onto the player. Furthermore, my own collar failing to equip might be a symptom of your DDi version being outdated. Make sure to update all dependencies to the latest standard, as quite a few device management things have changed.

1 hour ago, mogon said:

Hi,

very nice mod!

I have a little problem here with "sleeping in an Inn". I used the hotkey "E" to sleep, what works, but "E" is also the vanilla hotkey to activate or speak to someone. 

And now the game always asks me how long i want to sleep when i try to talk to someone.

Can i change the hotkey somehow?

Oh, and merry Christmas/happy hollidays everyone!

The quest should only bring up the sleep prompt when you should be sleeping, and should not appear when your owner has already woken up to retrieve you. You shouldn't even be able to move around to try and talk with people. Could you use the console to see if the quest is still running, using 'sqv 0kal_innsleep'?

3 hours ago, Kalmah said:

Hi again,

was a bit strange. the console couldn't find "sqv 0kal_insleep". I tried to go to bed again, to see, what will happen.... Mistress now said something like "rise and shine" and this seem to end the quest. And no the "E"-key works normally again. Thanks for Your help.

By the way - I really like this feature