IGNORED

Demonic Creatures - LE PATCH V1.42 - Current version V1.4 LE & SSE

On 9/13/2021 at 7:00 PM, Naps-On-Dirt said:

I ran into a problem in Angarvunde that this mod might have caused, but I'm not sure.  You're supposed to kill three Draugr that are wandering around in the central area.  When I arrived, there were only two, one of which was a replacement from this mod.  The other was a regular Draugr.  I checked SQV dunAngarvundeQST (which is the quest that runs this dungeon) and one of the three draugr variables was empty.  I don't know if that was a screw up in my game, or if this mod replaced two with one...  To get past it all I had to do was SQV dunAngarvundeQST 20.

Went to Angarvunde on a new play through and everything was fine, there were three beings in the main area; one regular draugr, one of the troll skeleton based draugr, and a skeleton conjurer.   So I'm pretty sure it was just my game malfunctioning last time.

8 hours ago, ssskn said:

Hey, that did it. Now the tails are fixed. So how did you know to use the pelvis bone?

The top of the head is still messed up, which bone should I use for it? Pelvis bone again?

I dunno really know how to explain it well. I guess you must visualize how the bones moves to predict how your choice of weights and the amount of them will look when its animating in game. This is freakin hard if it is the first time. Only practice over time will get results. I usually have like 30 project nifs "going" before I'm content and there is still weightpainting bugs to be fixed.

On the creature you have to it looks like its center of the head is much higher than the wolfs head. But if you paint it with head bone weight all the way it should work to some degree.

More important is the lower bones that supports the head bone, like canine_neck1&2. These bones move related to each other so the neck mesh should be positioned as close as possible according to the canine skeleton otherwise you might get weird results. This goes for jaw, lips, ear and eye brow bones too.

It's not impossible to get a "ok" result, without positioning the creature mesh, but it's god damn much harder.

The treeduckbill is one example I struggled with. It had a weird bug where the lower jaw would clip through the upper jaw in some idle animations. Probably because its head and jaw area is too far away from it's bones in the skeever skeleton. It was still possible to fix it by fooling around with the weights enough so it kind of look ok now.

This is the reason why mihail creates custom skeletons to make them his creature meshes and not the other way around.

My explanation probably sucks big time since I'm not very experienced with this. So it is not the "truth", but based on my percieved experience. It's a good learning to look at the weightpainting of custom creature meshes and compare them with their vanilla counterparts.

treeduck.png

21 hours ago, LoveNothing said:

No, I'm not quite sure myself, since the head bones are prob going to be weird controlling the extended head unless you edit the model/mesh.
But using the pelvis for the tail is ideal i imagine for keeping the tails in place for the hind/back of the beast. Using the same pelvis bone for the head will just make the head move along with the pelvis, or at least those are my thoughts.

14 hours ago, Thor2000 said:

On the creature you have to it looks like its center of the head is much higher than the wolfs head. But if you paint it with head bone weight all the way it should work to some degree.

More important is the lower bones that supports the head bone, like canine_neck1&2. These bones move related to each other so the neck mesh should be positioned as close as possible according to the canine skeleton otherwise you might get weird results. This goes for jaw, lips, ear and eye brow bones too.

Man that's a lot of hard work for very little reward (at least for me so far).

What I'm understanding from this is to use the joints to paint weights, which makes sense. When I used tail/head it gets messy, since these are connected to joints and they end up moving in relation to those connected joints. I'll try this out, hopefully that fixes it.

I really should've picked a simpler model to port tho...

On 9/23/2021 at 1:41 AM, LoveNothing said:

Try these files then,

Gorila_AlbinoHard.nif 1.28 MB · 2 downloads

GorilaHard.nif 1.28 MB · 1 download

If they work, great,
if you dont want to, no worries.

again, removing the SMP collision mesh shouldn't break anything, (although it might make false called for the SMP XML maybe dunno?...)

That seems to have worked! Thanks for your help!

im considering adding this mod tho my playthrough but i run a static leveled list with the TUS module for ZEdit.
so the question is does this mod use papyrus scripts to modify the leveled list and if not then has anyone here tried running this mod with a static leveled list?

(ive already done a cursory search of the thread but can find no definitive answer to the papyrus question)