Demonic Creatures - Mod Version V1.7 - Patch Fix v1.74

SSE SMP Meshes For Version 1.4 Demonic Creatures SSE

Firstly, these SMP meshes were Optimized via Nif Optimizer 14 for SSE. Except the Degonian, Thor did that, so props to him.

Used ABC SMP meshes and added SMP path + Collision meshes to creatures.

THESE ARE NOT FOR LE. Someone else has to do that, use mine and reconvert (I'm advising against), or just add SMP stuff with Thor's meshes/the Original meshes that are already for LE

Hopefully, I can keep track of what I did in the next update where I'll be redoing all the SMP meshes with the latest ABC... but I'll do that when 1.5 releases.

Anyway, Updated via Copy & Paste existing 1.4 creatures + added SMP Collision mesh + Paths to new creatures. Hopefully it works

Again, I did not do Female monster + Monsters that uses Human penises/body (cause I dunno where to start with human SMP stuff from SOS and etc mods, aside from CBBE/BHUNP for female player)

<Update>
1.4 Meshes, Not 1.5.

<UPDATE> Outdated Meshes | Go for V1.5, Leaving V1.4 as backup (?)

1.4 DC SMP SSE meshes.7z

<Update> V 1.5 Demonic Creature SMP Full is linked,

On a side note, the Gorillas from the mod already included SMP meshes, but with Havok PE path. So I just removed the PE Path and readded SMP path, should work hopefully.

Oh, and I included Gryphons SMP meshes their subfolder and didnt replace them. They aren't using the regular Skeever meshes, so I didnt want to anything kind of bugs from added SMP meshes. If anyone wants to test them out, they just need to replace the OG (that were optimized) with the Test folder with the Gyphon SMP meshes.

Ping me or something if anyone find any issues resulting from the mesh conversion.

Edited by LoveNothing
Typos + stuff
7 hours ago, Thor2000 said:

try save ur game when your close to one and install this patch. See if it helps.

SSE patch cyrodilic slaugtherfish.rar 108.37 kB · 2 downloads

Okay that worked, but also the files up in post #877 as well.

I turned some mods off and on to check, base DC seemed to be fine, but the old version of those SMP meshes seemed to be what was turning it purple on my end.

Edited by reilata
Spelling.
5 hours ago, reilata said:

I turned some mods off and on to check, base DC seemed to be fine, but the old version of those SMP meshes seemed to be what was turning it purple on my end.

Good. I'm gonna see if I can prepare a patch tomorrow for SE. Have to include the two nekkers also. Their all white textured and sometimes invisible (SE only) ?

7 hours ago, reilata said:

did my files have invisible/purple textures? or the version 1.3 batch of smp?

I actually didn't touch any of the slaughterfishes, aside from converting them.

Edited by LoveNothing

I'm not sure if this has been brought up in past post but I have found a quest breaking bug I tracked down to this mod, The quest is "Potema Awakends" seems like the trigger to start Potema's voice which open's doors and start's the fight to kill her is messed up, Yes I could do Setstage to finish the quest but I have another mod that use's that zone as a main quest and doing setstages will mess that mod up, I tried unchecking different mods and trying to do a run thru of the zone and it's only this mod that does it. I guess I could uncheck this mod when I do the quest but I hate adding and removing mods mid playthru.

18 hours ago, LoveNothing said:

did my files have invisible/purple textures? or the version 1.3 batch of smp?

I actually didn't touch any of the slaughterfishes, aside from converting them.

There were no textures in that file, it was just meshes. It seems that old SMP file specifically was making them purple for me, while the one up in 877 is fine, as is the base DC download. It was just that one in specific (cyrofish) as the bloodsucker and other fish/other monsters seemed fine.

1 hour ago, ClayboTGW said:

Did the quest yesterday and had the same problem on Se, can confirm it ? disabled/Enabled my way through her, walked around her flying.. ghost thingy and grabed her skull to finish the quest. Now Solitude has an unmoving Ghost Necromancer under their feet for all eternity ?

1 hour ago, ClayboTGW said:

I'm not sure if this has been brought up in past post but I have found a quest breaking bug I tracked down to this mod, The quest is "Potema Awakends" seems like the trigger to start Potema's voice which open's doors and start's the fight to kill her is messed up, Yes I could do Setstage to finish the quest but I have another mod that use's that zone as a main quest and doing setstages will mess that mod up, I tried unchecking different mods and trying to do a run thru of the zone and it's only this mod that does it. I guess I could uncheck this mod when I do the quest but I hate adding and removing mods mid playthru.

It makes sense because it's probably some demonic non draugr that tries to spawn in a coffin. I didn't "fix" this place with that in minf. But is this happening in the final room with several draugrs poppin out of coffins? Or is it the first door at the beginning just after you enter the door from solitude temple?

I think best solution would be to keep the mods attribution to "draugrlike" creatures only in the whole crypt here. See if I can get something done next week.

59 minutes ago, Thor2000 said:

It makes sense because it's probably some demonic non draugr that tries to spawn in a coffin. I didn't "fix" this place with that in minf. But is this happening in the final room with several draugrs poppin out of coffins? Or is it the first door at the beginning just after you enter the door from solitude temple?

I think best solution would be to keep the mods attribution to "draugrlike" creatures only in the whole crypt here. See if I can get something done next week.

For me it starts at the beginning, i dunno why spawning enemy's could even interfere with the start of it since the only thing that happens is that Potema is supposed to be talking to you and opening the doors. ?

I'm on SE too.. It happens right when you enter Potema's catacombs there is a trigger that start's potema's dia. which lower's the first gate and it's all linked from there, once in the zone where the dragur spawn if the very 1st trigger has not fired they won't spawn nor will Potema do her lightning spell, talk or anything else, plus she won't rezz the all the bodies in the room before her main chamber. I'm not sure if a trigger midway thru or at the end would mess with the trigger's before it or not, I haven't looked at it in the CK.

I really love your mod and can't picture playing without it and I hope to see you add more creatures in the future like Oblivion styled zombies and imps.

Edited by ClayboTGW
On 8/20/2021 at 9:01 PM, ClayboTGW said:

I'm on SE too.. It happens right when you enter Potema's catacombs there is a trigger that start's potema's dia. which lower's the first gate and it's all linked from there, once in the zone where the dragur spawn if the very 1st trigger has not fired they won't spawn nor will Potema do her lightning spell, talk or anything else, plus she won't rezz the all the bodies in the room before her main chamber. I'm not sure if a trigger midway thru or at the end would mess with the trigger's before it or not, I haven't looked at it in the CK.

I really love your mod and can't picture playing without it and I hope to see you add more creatures in the future like Oblivion styled zombies and imps.

I need to check this, but I'd expect to find separate colored triggerboxes in front of each "scene" makes the event start once you enter it. Not sure how its connected to creature spawns.

I've done this quest maybe three times with the mod installed.  I had one issue at the final end which I now know is caused by wrong creatures in coffins. Will check it once I get time ?.

Zombies: There's not many 3d models around that's free to use.

These oblivion zombies seems interesting. Only concern would be texture quality. They are even marked as modders resource.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/49941?tab=description

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/19017?tab=description

Also considering some variants from the skyrim creepy zombie mod. They need some love and care though.

Edited by Thor2000
4 hours ago, reilata said:

There were no textures in that file, it was just meshes. It seems that old SMP file specifically was making them purple for me, while the one up in 877 is fine, as is the base DC download. It was just that one in specific (cyrofish) as the bloodsucker and other fish/other monsters seemed fine.

So to clarify,

-The old doesn't work (which is fine, cause it's based on 1.3/ outdated now)
-The New 1.4 Works, (which is the point of updating and great that nothing buggy is showing up)

-My conversion are Meshes only, they do not include textures and are simply add-ons to Thor's DC mod, made for SSE for SMP collisions (based on Baka's ABC creatures)

Edited by LoveNothing
3 hours ago, ClayboTGW said:

You need to run SSEEdit once and FNIS after that reload old save and it works.Thats how i activated it.I am on Skyrim SE.

Let me start off my saying I absolutely love the idea of this mod. I've gotten it to partially work but cannot get the animations to play for most creatures and I'm at my wits end with trying to troubleshoot. Up to now, I've gotten chimps and ogres to play their animations by spawning them via console command. Every other NPC that ive spawned is hostile. All the parts loaded in fine and everything is attached. But for some reason, they remain hostile and I cannot get these animations to play. 

2 hours ago, singlemom said:

Messed around with it a little more and finally got the animations to work. Only other thing I'm not sure on is whether this mod includes animations for all npc's. The bone dragon didn't move until I installed billy's animation pack so im just wondering.

No animations included. Only creatures ?

9 hours ago, LoveNothing said:

So to clarify,

-The old doesn't work (which is fine, cause it's based on 1.3/ outdated now)
-The New 1.4 Works, (which is the point of updating and great that nothing buggy is showing up)

-My conversion are Meshes only, they do not include textures and are simply add-ons to Thor's DC mod, made for SSE for SMP collisions (based on Baka's ABC creatures)

Not really relevant for this discussion, more like a info based on my experience: rarely textures are giving errors. I think they at worst reduce quality if not handled well.  I think that perhaps happened once or twice for me. Outlawer Gorillas being one of them (SE -> converted to LE). The textures or UV map was actually reshaped or moved. It looked really odd.

Most of the times I find  the mesh file to be the guilty one giving visual errors . Either through settings used in the blightingshaderproperty (flags section) inside the nif. It seems SE is more demanding than LE on these settings. OR... it could be the convertion from LE to SE that breaks something of these same properties.

When converting to SE I usually go with "necessary optimization" (also on textures) in those convertion tools to preserve quality. Sometimes however,  like this cyrofish, full optimization was needed to get it right on SE.

Other times when I believe I've found a working convertion method I suddenly realize that using the Cathedral tool does not work, but NIF optimizer does. Go figures. Back to scratch one ?.

Ok I'm on a rant now.... ? but in v1.5 I've replaced many single placed creature spawns (forexample zombiedogs cementary Falkreath) with patrolling groups instead.

Zombiedog groups rest at day, patrol the plains together at night.

Wolf packs hunt Falkreath forests

Skavens now patrols in groups between bandit camps acting as shady merchants. They will be friendly to you but allies with banditfactions. So if a bandit aggros you so will they.

Tree guardians patrols forest at day, rest at night

Planning to include draugr patrols in exteriors similar to what mihail made. They could be actual leveled actors patrolling inside tombs during day, and then when night comes they will follow a leader and start roaming as a group outside exteriors of the ruins. 

With gameplay in mind this could lead to the following:

-Travelling at night outside will become dangerous

- more enemies inside tombs to defeat, if you choose to enter at daytime.

- or plan your quest by the entering the dungeons after midnight to find less resistance.

Curious to hear what you think of this and if you have other ideas too.

36 minutes ago, Thor2000 said:

Ok I'm on a rant now.... ? but in v1.5 I've replaced many single placed creature spawns (forexample zombiedogs cementary Falkreath) with patrolling groups instead.

Zombiedog groups rest at day, patrol the plains together at night.

Wolf packs hunt Falkreath forests

Skavens now patrols in groups between bandit camps acting as shady merchants. They will be friendly to you but allies with banditfactions. So if a bandit aggros you so will they.

Tree guardians patrols forest at day, rest at night

Planning to include draugr patrols in exteriors similar to what mihail made. They could be actual leveled actors patrolling inside tombs during day, and then when night comes they will follow a leader and start roaming as a group outside exteriors of the ruins. 

With gameplay in mind this could lead to the following:

-Travelling at night outside will become dangerous

- more enemies inside tombs to defeat, if you choose to enter at daytime.

- or plan your quest by the entering the dungeons after midnight to find less resistance.

Curious to hear what you think of this and if you have other ideas too.

Yay. Sounds fun and something I would much prefer. I always kept an eye out for creatures from this mod and would like to see more packs than singles for sure.