Demonic Creatures - Mod Version V1.7 - Patch Fix v1.74

Sorrry if you don't take requests, but can you add more evil creatures from Mihail that are undead? 

Mihail's Zombie dogs, undead werewolves, and dragur patrols ect. would be much apricated as I use them all in my "dark fantasy" modlist right now. It would be nice to just replace those three mods with this. 

Otherwise, You added like 80% of the other creature mods I used and its much apricated to save the load order space. 

1 hour ago, kingofhyrule said:

Sorrry if you don't take requests, but can you add more evil creatures from Mihail that are undead? 

Mihail's Zombie dogs, undead werewolves, and dragur patrols ect. would be much apricated as I use them all in my "dark fantasy" modlist right now. It would be nice to just replace those three mods with this. 

Otherwise, You added like 80% of the other creature mods I used and its much apricated to save the load order space. 

I have those dogs and the werewolves downloaded. It was my original plan. So I might add them later on. I really like those undead werewolves.

On 2/17/2021 at 9:10 PM, Bigjay said:

So they were in that order, but not that close together. Know what I mean? I just put them that close to each other, and BINGO. Ty so much for your help! Do you have a patreon?

Yeah I know what you mean. Yes there is plenty of mods in between in my load order. Defeat and sexlab matchmaker are almost at the bottom of my load order together with follower mods. No I don't have patron. Not sure if I need one.

11 hours ago, cmblue said:

I've got a problem here - 

First of all great mod. Works well, no big issues and no CTD's so far. 

Strangely enough, there were no problems until recently - Skavens are now completely invisible. They show up, can still talk, and still are 'there', but their bodies cant be seen. This started recently - I've been able to see them in game before. 

I'm on LE, with all the patches installed. Any idea what's gone wrong? Other creatures are still visible, I've noticed green goblins and a lot of duckbills in my recent play session. I'm not sure if it's effecting anything else but definately the Skavens.

This sounds like meshes folders that's either gone or changed location, but that can't be it?

Firstly, does it happen when they spawn by themselves naturally or if you spawn them through console?

10 hours ago, Adetu said:

I think I should give this mod a try, because I always wants to have Goblins with "equipment" in skyrim.

In standard Oblivion the terrible goblins are already available and my favourite creatures.

Ok unfortunately the mainboard of my new gaming pc is defect, I hope my 10 year old machine is good enough to run your mod.

Regarding the MCM, is it self explaining what the settings should do ?

I can take a look inside.

When you are using a ton of checkboxes in the MCM, than the solution of vinfamy in his kidnap mod simply is ingenious,

but more difficult to change and understand. I prefer a mix of his idea combined with the possibilities of storageutil in the skyrim MCM.

You defently need to buy a new motherboard, but if your old pc would work? I got no idea. There is a low texture option for LE in the download section.

The MCM is not complete (nor includeed) in this mod.

On the skaven issue:

I captured an invisible one using puppet master and summoned it. It didn't show up, but as said it could be highlighted when the cursor was over it and said the odd phrase every now and then, entered combat etc.

Here's the weird part - as suggested, I summoned one using console (help Skaven, ID for skaven warrior).

There were multiple ID's, since you can't scroll I got 4 skaven warrior ID's and... none of them worked. It summoned a wolf instead. 

Obviously this was weird, so I looked up pigman and spawned one of them - that one worked correctly using it's ID, model was visible and all that.

At this stage, my game works perfectly. This is the only issue. As with any modded save I get CTD's occasionally, but it's rarely a big issue and I can play for hours usually with on problem. Curious to hear what you thinks going on, might be one of those things I just have to live with until the next inevitable restart. 

Oh, I should add I reinstalled everything again in case, no joy. 

On 2/20/2021 at 10:22 AM, Adetu said:

Regarding the MCM

As far as I know, you need at least a quest where you can place the MCM scripts and which at least have one alias for the player to

place the "Onload" and "OnInit" event.

I have thought about which creatures should be toggable or not. I don't an on/off box for every creature in this mod is a good solution. First off, what happens if you toggle of creatures used in quests? Secondly, I will be reluctant to add new creatures to the mod since I need tp modify that MCM script for every creature add.

I really appreciate you offering help. Right now Gooser (author behind the apropos mods) is looking at the issue.

20 hours ago, friendlygaint said:

Hey it seems i'm getting a missing texture for the triceratops penis, don't know if its because i'm missing something or not, any suggestion on potential mods i might be missing? thanks

Triceratops doesn't have schlong from this mod. Is it creature framework that perhaps is trying to add one? Don't know if you noticed but the beaked dinosaurs also have schlongs in animations , but that is not by demoniccreatures.esp. CF is mod that assigns those schlongs.

11 hours ago, cmblue said:

On the skaven issue:

I captured an invisible one using puppet master and summoned it. It didn't show up, but as said it could be highlighted when the cursor was over it and said the odd phrase every now and then, entered combat etc.

Here's the weird part - as suggested, I summoned one using console (help Skaven, ID for skaven warrior).

There were multiple ID's, since you can't scroll I got 4 skaven warrior ID's and... none of them worked. It summoned a wolf instead. 

Obviously this was weird, so I looked up pigman and spawned one of them - that one worked correctly using it's ID, model was visible and all that.

At this stage, my game works perfectly. This is the only issue. As with any modded save I get CTD's occasionally, but it's rarely a big issue and I can play for hours usually with on problem. Curious to hear what you thinks going on, might be one of those things I just have to live with until the next inevitable restart. 

Oh, I should add I reinstalled everything again in case, no joy. 

Getting multiple results is normal in that sense that I (and others) have them too. You can notice the difference on these "false" Ids since they tend to start with "ff00". Skytest, SiC and probably other creature mods will show similar results when typing help "creaturename" on certain creatures. The reason? Unknown to me, but I am guessing it has to do with level lists. This ff00 Id could be an ID for a copy of creature placed in a Skyrim cell. But I don't fully understand this so it's only a theory from me.

About the invisible skaven, was it a skaven warrior?  there's a lot of wrongly named trishapes in the skaven  meshes. I can't recall if I fixed those for v1.2 or if it's corrected in  the upcoming v1.3. I can't check now since I'm away for the weekend.

5 hours ago, Adetu said:

Ok, No problem.

Here is an example of an MCM that can handle 85 different settings (!) In your case creatures. And Adding one creature more should not be the big thing.

This MCM has only a size of 5 kb (!!!). I assume most modders requires a MCM script which is 10 or 20 times in size.

In the mod Apropos for the MCM the newer system with state functions is used, but this state solution for every creature I would not recommend.

But it is possible to mix the old system with the OID's together with the newer state functions (Have done that already).

Toggeling creatures on or off for the creatures that are already spawned is something to consider.

The easiest way of handling the MCM settings would be:  Toggling on or off does not have effect on any creature already existing in the world

and it is only valid for new creatures that would spawn without the MCM.

I assume for this purpose, you already have to change your system with the levelled lists and make it dynamic,

which means you have to add or remove creatures to the levelled list with a script depending on your MCM settings.

The other thing is you should have an Enable Mod checkbox in your MCM, so that any user has a chance to select the

desired creatures before any spawning is possible.

Regarding the already spawned creatures I do not yet have any real good working idea. Some modders would try  to track the creatures

using the storageutil features.

Anyway deleting unwanted creature using a papyrus function sometimes is not a good idea, (I've seen a lot of deletewhenable calls in the already existing quest scripts)

Hope you have considered what is written about delete () here

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Delete_-_ObjectReference

Maybe a package attached to your creatures could help solving theproblem. The package could run once a day and in the some small script fragments you can

place the desired papyrus-functions (I myself does not yet have used Packages very often)

Regards

SLKR_MCM_Script.psc 4.23 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for this :) I will take a close look.

Hi there,

This mod looks interesting, but the patch section looks very chaotic and confusing. It is hard to find what the players should download.

Please consider merging the patches together and version it according to the main file it patces. For example "Demonic creatures SE v1.2.1 patch.zip"

Then when you fix something again, the next one should be "Demonic creatures SE v1.2.2 patch.zip" and the earlier one removed from the download page.

Peace,

M

5 hours ago, monsta88 said:

Hi there,

This mod looks interesting, but the patch section looks very chaotic and confusing. It is hard to find what the players should download.

Please consider merging the patches together and version it according to the main file it patces. For example "Demonic creatures SE v1.2.1 patch.zip"

Then when you fix something again, the next one should be "Demonic creatures SE v1.2.2 patch.zip" and the earlier one removed from the download page.

Peace,

M

A very good suggestion indeed. I've compiled all the loose patches to one download pack per Skyrim version :)

1 hour ago, Thor2000 said:

I've compiled all the loose patches to one download pack per Skyrim version

Thank you, it is much more clear now. Please also consider using version numbers on the patches as well. If all the patches have the same name, the players won't know if they have the latest one or not. We won't remember the date of the last patch, but we can easily compare the version number with the already downloaded one.

On 2/21/2021 at 10:18 AM, Thor2000 said:

Getting multiple results is normal in that sense that I (and others) have them too. You can notice the difference on these "false" Ids since they tend to start with "ff00". Skytest, SiC and probably other creature mods will show similar results when typing help "creaturename" on certain creatures. The reason? Unknown to me, but I am guessing it has to do with level lists. This ff00 Id could be an ID for a copy of creature placed in a Skyrim cell. But I don't fully understand this so it's only a theory from me.

About the invisible skaven, was it a skaven warrior?  there's a lot of wrongly named trishapes in the skaven  meshes. I can't recall if I fixed those for v1.2 or if it's corrected in  the upcoming v1.3. I can't check now since I'm away for the weekend.

Thanks for the reply - 

It's skaven warrior and archer, they're then only ones I've 'seen'. Oh I see, good - I checked them all and didn't spawn a warrior, will have another look next time on.

Everything else seems to work perfectly, all in all great mod :)

I can take a look at that cube. I think it came up as a suggestion earlier too. Seems many users reports CTD around this one.

Thanks for all creature requests. I really appreciate it. Keep em coming, either as PMs or here in the thread. I look on every creature request with an open mind. It's a huge world out there and I can't have my eyes on everything, but do note that I need to feel some sort of "attachment" or "feeling" towards it to find motivation, sit down and spend work time (hours hours hours) on it. It does not have to do if it's lore friendly or not,  or demonic. Maybe it is functionality or maybe I'm just not into it. Some of these creatures are impossible to implement in NSFW way that either makes sense or are technically possible for me. Some actually requires me to create a whole nude bodymesh beneath the clothing cause there is none.

Here's the skinned hound from mihails zombie dog mod. I think they fit nicely in with my draugr crypt enhancement. I tried out replacing schlong types on creatures with this zombie dog. I wanted something else than the common canine schlong. This one has the Chaurus schlong attached. With ABC support ?. Looks hell of a lot creepier. Some minor work with textures and its good to go

I have almost 170 creatures (including the upcoming in v1.3) in the mod now and I've started to remove some "bad" ones.

Green Gallimimus is gone, so are the 4 Skaven Rat Ogres which is basically only a regular skaven soldier scaled up. Doesn't really contribute at all. Considering to remove some types of the treduckbill, one aurochs cow (yes the female one).

skinned hound.png

@Thor2000

Zombie hound looks great. Really looking forward to seeing him in the new update. As always, thank you for your hard work on this wonderful mod.

There was recently released a creature mod with monkeys and apes with Baka ABC support. Sadly it is only for SE at the moment. Is it possible to take the meshes and textures and include them in a future update?

Link here:

https://arca.live/b/tullius/21945657?target=all&keyword=Tag_tomboy&p=1

1 hour ago, EConway3118 said:

@Thor2000

Zombie hound looks great. Really looking forward to seeing him in the new update. As always, thank you for your hard work on this wonderful mod.

There was recently released a creature mod with monkeys and apes with Baka ABC support. Sadly it is only for SE at the moment. Is it possible to take the meshes and textures and include them in a future update?

Link here:

https://arca.live/b/tullius/21945657?target=all&keyword=Tag_tomboy&p=1

The jungle drums have already reached me. If outlawer still allows me to use them I put them on the todo list :)