Jump to content
OverMedicated

Skyrim VR Modding? EDIT - WIP VR Guide (Adult) - OSVRAM

Recommended Posts

EDIT:

 

I am still interested in a guide if there is a good one out there, but I guess I'm starting one of my own. I'll put the link here for easy access - this is for VR.

 

My Guide:

 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U8EbpSybdrS5tmmE3DqA0gvugMoRTd4zopTc7RbbIeU/edit?usp=sharing

 

Original Post (Below):

 

I've modded the hell out of Skyrim LE, SE and now going to try VR. I've been modding since Morrowind, and while I understand it for the most part, to be blunt I must be dumb, because I still seem to always screw it up in some way.

 

I usually spend much more time modding (and fixing problems) than actually playing.

 

I love MO2, but I tried Vortex for the past two days and simply don't like it. I have uninstalled it completely and am validating on Steam about to go back to MO2, which I know really well.

 

Yet in the past two days I have noticed many, many mods have a VR version - and while I'm aware that MOST mods from SE are compatible, this means that some (maybe many) aren't.

 

I just want a good, fairly current guide to follow. I am posting on the Non-Adult Mods forum as I know that many mods I will use aren't, but would prefer if the guide had some Adult options in it.

 

Is there anything like this out there? I've googled the hell out of it and haven't found any I like yet that are fairly easy to follow and will work on a lower end for VR PC. The main thing I worry about is my graphics card (GTX 1070 Ti).


 

Link to post

I´d appreciate help with this aswell. I aimlessly just installed things and ended up with a skyrim VR that crashes after taking a few swings with a sword and where your character was never properly teleported into a sex scene, watching the other actor hump the air.

Link to post
3 minutes ago, AkiKay said:

I´d appreciate help with this aswell. I aimlessly just installed things and ended up with a skyrim VR that crashes after taking a few swings with a sword and where your character was never properly teleported into a sex scene, watching the other actor hump the air.

What I was doing was following a couple of SE guides the best I could, while trying to check if the mods it suggested had VR Versions - many did, many didn't - but for the small amount I actually installed, mainly core and body mods, it was running ok in Vortex.

 

If I find one specifically for VR, I'll keep you updated. Also, I had Flower Girls installed instead of Sexlab, as it is a lot easier to install (just one mod and a few patches) but didn't test it. It loaded though when I logged in, so I assume it was working.

Link to post
4 minutes ago, OverMedicated said:

What I was doing was following a couple of SE guides the best I could, while trying to check if the mods it suggested had VR Versions - many did, many didn't - but for the small amount I actually installed, mainly core and body mods, it was running ok in Vortex.

 

If I find one specifically for VR, I'll keep you updated. Also, I had Flower Girls installed instead of Sexlab, as it is a lot easier to install (just one mod and a few patches) but didn't test it. It loaded though when I logged in, so I assume it was working.

Alright thank you! Btw did the body mods feel surreal to you aswell ? Felt so weird actually being what im playing lol!

Link to post

Lol yeah, I'm new to VR so it's definitely different. I honestly didn't do much in-game except to load in and see if I crashed and things were loading in.

 

I just created this, and let me know if you can't access it, but I started a Google Docs for Skyrim VR mods, just to compile what I've found so far. It has nothing on it yet, but I'm about to add some stuff.

 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U8EbpSybdrS5tmmE3DqA0gvugMoRTd4zopTc7RbbIeU/edit?usp=sharing

Link to post
1 minute ago, OverMedicated said:

Lol yeah, I'm new to VR so it's definitely different. I honestly didn't do much in-game except to load in and see if I crashed and things were loading in.

 

I just created this, and let me know if you can't access it, but I started a Google Docs for Skyrim VR mods, just to compile what I've found so far. It has nothing on it yet, but I'm about to add some stuff.

 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U8EbpSybdrS5tmmE3DqA0gvugMoRTd4zopTc7RbbIeU/edit?usp=sharing

Your google drive link is asking me to submit a request to access it

Link to post

The thing with NMM is it is old and outdated. Nexus has moved on from NMM to Vortex. I do recommend using something other than NMM, as I can't guarantee how well it will work.

 

But this is an in-depth process. You have to completely delete everything for Skyrim VR if you don't just uninstall it completely (EDIT - DON'T delete Skyrim VR, but the mods out of NMM instead, then delete NMM and switch to a different Mod Manager)- which I do recommend. Learning how to use an updated Mod Manager now will only help you in the future.

 

If you do this, as I said, completely uninstall Skyrim VR from NMM, then Verify the game on Steam - basically start over completely.

 

BUT FIRST - any mod you have downloaded with NMM, back up to a new directory so you don't have to re-download the mods again. I backed up the compressed and uncompressed personally just to be safe, I'll delete anything I don't use after I know I'm not going to use it.

Link to post
30 minutes ago, thekoolaidman66 said:

Hey i currently have about 250 mods installed on vr working good as far as i know, (i havent explored the whole map yet) but here is a google doc of my load order for you

 

 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w11a6K5tOXiaWmk1hePDd4ZxibLuMMvWN8TJzc26yW4/edit?usp=sharing

Hell yeah, very nice, thanks. I will get around to looking at it, I don't really know what I'm doing with my guide, but we'll see. It'll just be nice to have a lot of working VR mods to refer to in one place.

Link to post

The Skyrim VR reddit page is very helpful with its guides on Skyrim modding in VR. I've used their help as a baseline and add other mods as I've gone along. 

 

Here's the link. https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/

 

There's also the Virtual Reality sub forum here that has lots of info and help. Just scroll through and ignore the occasional spam posts for VR porn websites.

 

I've been modding Skyrim since 2015 and Skyrim VR since it came out in 2018.  I have lots of fun!

 

My PC: Alienware Area 51m G1 Laptop

 

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080

CPU: Intel i7 9700k

Storage: 2x512MB m.2 Nvme SSDs in Raid 0 + 1 1TB HDD

 

 

Link to post
22 minutes ago, babbo21 said:

The Skyrim VR reddit page is very helpful with its guides on Skyrim modding in VR. I've used their help as a baseline and add other mods as I've gone along. 

 

Here's the link. https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/

 

There's also the Virtual Reality sub forum here that has lots of info and help. Just scroll through and ignore the occasional spam posts for VR porn websites.

 

I've been modding Skyrim since 2015 and Skyrim VR since it came out in 2018.  I have lots of fun!

 

My PC: Alienware Area 51m G1 Laptop

 

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080

CPU: Intel i7 9700k

Storage: 2x512MB m.2 Nvme SSDs in Raid 0 + 1 1TB HDD

 

 

Nice rig, I have basically the same minus the graphics card.

 

And thanks, I like Reddit, sometimes, but haven't checked this link you shared - I will, as any resources are nice to have.

 

I just want an easy and straight forward list of VR compatible mods - even if I have to create it myself. Basically a one stop shop if possible.

 

I also love LL, but wish it was easier to search for stuff - but being the content, I understand why it is the way it is.

Link to post
22 hours ago, OverMedicated said:

Nice rig, I have basically the same minus the graphics card.

 

And thanks, I like Reddit, sometimes, but haven't checked this link you shared - I will, as any resources are nice to have.

 

I just want an easy and straight forward list of VR compatible mods - even if I have to create it myself. Basically a one stop shop if possible.

 

I also love LL, but wish it was easier to search for stuff - but being the content, I understand why it is the way it is.

the reddit has tutorials and guides lined up at the top, which are frequently updated. Should be a great help

Link to post
2 hours ago, babbo21 said:

the reddit has tutorials and guides lined up at the top, which are frequently updated. Should be a great help

I've been referring to Reddit through google searches a lot, so I was using some of Reddit's resources, but having that link will help.

Link to post
On 11/20/2020 at 11:04 AM, thekoolaidman66 said:

Hey i currently have about 250 mods installed on vr working good as far as i know, (i havent explored the whole map yet) but here is a google doc of my load order for you

 

 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w11a6K5tOXiaWmk1hePDd4ZxibLuMMvWN8TJzc26yW4/edit?usp=sharing

Does that run well without crashes ? 😨  To have that many Mods working without issues wouldn´t even be possible in my dreams!

 

Link to post
2 hours ago, AkiKay said:

Does that run well without crashes ? 😨  To have that many Mods working without issues wouldn´t even be possible in my dreams!

 

For SE yes, more than possible, for VR yes, as long as your PC can handle it. But something like this load order is done with MO2, I don't know if even Vortex could do this many mods and run.

Link to post
46 minutes ago, OverMedicated said:

For SE yes, more than possible, for VR yes, as long as your PC can handle it. But something like this load order is done with MO2, I don't know if even Vortex could do this many mods and run.

Nexus Mod Manager just decided to unmanage a mod for no reason, leaving the files in the Data Folder (It´s a huge mod with lots of stuff in different folders) so now I have to deinstall all my Skyrim LE mods. Might aswell give Skyrim VR another chance 😄

Link to post
35 minutes ago, AkiKay said:

Nexus Mod Manager just decided to unmanage a mod for no reason, leaving the files in the Data Folder (It´s a huge mod with lots of stuff in different folders) so now I have to deinstall all my Skyrim LE mods. Might aswell give Skyrim VR another chance 😄

I'm here to help - with small stuff, I'm not that good at troubleshooting - but if you follow my guide (so far) than you should be pretty good for the most part. Just don't use conflicting mods like different bodies.

 

And try Vortex. Seriously, if you need help with that I can help. Learning it now would be good.

Link to post
17 hours ago, grinmaul said:

Holy, thank you so much for this, i am still waiting on my headset and video card to arrive, but i can't wait for adult Skyrim vr.

Guides are hard to write, especially when you are just ok at modding (like me). I've been modding for a long time, but to come up with a full guide of mods that work perfectly together is damn near impossible, especially with a game like Skyrim which has so many mods.

 

Use my guide only as reference, it's not perfect by any means.

 

Also, I haven't gotten many adult mods yet. I started by focusing on mods that other mods rely on, then I did what usually happens when I mod, I got sidetracked. Then took a day off, lol. But I'm in the mood to work on this today, so I'm going to be adding a lot.

Link to post
On 11/23/2020 at 9:49 AM, OverMedicated said:

Guides are hard to write, especially when you are just ok at modding (like me). I've been modding for a long time, but to come up with a full guide of mods that work perfectly together is damn near impossible, especially with a game like Skyrim which has so many mods.

 

Use my guide only as reference, it's not perfect by any means.

 

Also, I haven't gotten many adult mods yet. I started by focusing on mods that other mods rely on, then I did what usually happens when I mod, I got sidetracked. Then took a day off, lol. But I'm in the mood to work on this today, so I'm going to be adding a lot.

Got my G2 finally, going to start trying now.

Link to post
On 12/15/2020 at 4:34 AM, grinmaul said:

Got my G2 finally, going to start trying now.

Same for me, just that I got my G2 a week earlier and went through that already.

Skyrim is running flawless now with 120 mods active.

Tried to get DD and Defeat working but that two mods are a buggy mess right now for Skyrim VR.

Link to post
4 hours ago, Grumpy_Giuseppe said:

Tried to get DD and Defeat working but that two mods are a buggy mess right now for Skyrim VR.

It is not nice blaming the mods for your own setup issues. And also spreading misinformation like this,

Link to post
8 hours ago, prinyo said:

It is not nice blaming the mods for your own setup issues. And also spreading misinformation like this,

Sorry, it wasn't my itend to blame anything. I also know these mods aren't designed for Skyrim VR.

Also I just installed the actual version of every mod without trying older ones.

I guess I should have mentioned that this is just my personal experience.

 

But i thought it's worth to mention that you can just install all the mods in this guide without breaking something except frome these two. Well, sometimes my schlongs are invisible but I didn't figure out what is causing this.

 

Deafeat works 1-3 times and after that you can't play any sexlab animation. The mod itself doesn't stop to work.

DD is also working, just my Papyrus can't handle it and I got a freeze for 30 sec.

	<unknown self>.Game.GetFormFromFile() - "<native>" Line ?
	[ (330DD3C6)].dcur_chloequest_setstage10.OnTriggerEnter() - "dcur_chloequest_setstage10.psc" Line ?
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:21PM] [Zad]: UnlockDevice called for Chloe: Imperial Guard Yoke)
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:21PM] [Zad]: UnlockDevice called for Chloe: Iron Chain Harness)
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:21PM] [Zad]: OnUnequipped(Chloe: Imperial Guard Yoke)
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:21PM] [Zad]: Detected removal token. Done.
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:21PM] [Zad]: OnUnequipped(Chloe: Iron Chain Harness)
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:21PM] [Zad]: OnEffectFinish(): Bound Effects
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:21PM] [Zad]: EvaluateAA([Actor < (330DCE58)>])
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:21PM] [Zad]: UpdateControls()
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:21PM] [Zad]: OnEffectFinish(): Heavy Bondage: Chloe
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:21PM] [Zad]: Detected removal token. Done.
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:21PM] [Zad]: EvaluateAA: Reverting to unbound AA
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:21PM] FNIS aa SetAnimGroup mod: DeviousDevices actor: [ActorBase < (330DC8F1)>] group: _h2heqp base: 0 number: 0
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:21PM] FNIS aa SetAnimGroup mod: DeviousDevices actor: [ActorBase < (330DC8F1)>] group: _h2hidle base: 0 number: 0
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:21PM] FNIS aa SetAnimGroup mod: DeviousDevices actor: [ActorBase < (330DC8F1)>] group: _h2hatkpow base: 0 number: 0
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:21PM] FNIS aa SetAnimGroup mod: DeviousDevices actor: [ActorBase < (330DC8F1)>] group: _h2hatk base: 0 number: 0
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:21PM] FNIS aa SetAnimGroup mod: DeviousDevices actor: [ActorBase < (330DC8F1)>] group: _h2hstag base: 0 number: 0
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:21PM] FNIS aa SetAnimGroup mod: DeviousDevices actor: [ActorBase < (330DC8F1)>] group: _jump base: 0 number: 0
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:22PM] FNIS aa SetAnimGroup mod: DeviousDevices actor: [ActorBase < (330DC8F1)>] group: _sneakmt base: 0 number: 0
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:22PM] FNIS aa SetAnimGroup mod: DeviousDevices actor: [ActorBase < (330DC8F1)>] group: _sneakidle base: 0 number: 0
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:22PM] FNIS aa SetAnimGroup mod: DeviousDevices actor: [ActorBase < (330DC8F1)>] group: _sprint base: 0 number: 0
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:22PM] FNIS aa SetAnimGroup mod: DeviousDevices actor: [ActorBase < (330DC8F1)>] group: _shout base: 0 number: 0
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:22PM] FNIS aa SetAnimGroup mod: DeviousDevices actor: [ActorBase < (330DC8F1)>] group: _mtx base: 0 number: 0
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:22PM] ERROR:  (330DCE58): Cannot set sleep or default outfit to None.
stack:
	[ (330DCE58)].Actor.SetOutfit() - "<native>" Line ?
	[topic info 330DDE9E on quest dcur_chloeQuest (330DCE5C)].dcur_chloequest_stage30releasechloe.Fragment_0() - "dcur_chloequest_stage30releasechloe.psc" Line ?
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:22PM] FNIS aa SetAnimGroup mod: DeviousDevices actor: [ActorBase < (330DC8F1)>] group: _mt base: 0 number: 0
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:22PM] FNIS aa SetAnimGroup mod: DeviousDevices actor: [ActorBase < (330DC8F1)>] group: _mtturn base: 0 number: 0
[12/13/2020 - 03:16:22PM] FNIS aa SetAnimGroup mod: DeviousDevices actor: [ActorBase < (330DC8F1)>] group: _mtidle base: 0 number: 0
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] VM is freezing...
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] VM is frozen
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] Dumping stack 2303:
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 	Frame count: 0 (Page count: 0)
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 	State: Waiting on other stack for call (Freeze state: Freezing)
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 	Type: Normal
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 	Return register: None
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 	Has stack callback: No
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 	Stack trace:
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 		[alias PlayerRef on quest dcur_clocktick (3304F16F)].dcur_clocktickrefscript.OnItemRemoved() - (requested call)
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 			[param 0]: [Armor < (0003CA00)>]
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 			[param 1]: 1
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 			[param 2]: None
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 			[param 3]: None
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] Dumping stack 2307:
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 	Frame count: 0 (Page count: 0)
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 	State: Waiting on other stack for call (Freeze state: Freezing)
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 	Type: Normal
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 	Return register: None
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 	Has stack callback: No
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 	Stack trace:
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 		[alias PlayerRef on quest dcur_clocktick (3304F16F)].dcur_clocktickrefscript.OnItemRemoved() - (requested call)
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 			[param 0]: [Armor < (0003C9FE)>]
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 			[param 1]: 1
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 			[param 2]: None
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 			[param 3]: None
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] Dumping stack 2311:
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 	Frame count: 0 (Page count: 0)
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 	State: Waiting on other stack for call (Freeze state: Freezing)
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 	Type: Normal
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 	Return register: None
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 	Has stack callback: No
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 	Stack trace:
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 		[alias PlayerRef on quest dcur_clocktick (3304F16F)].dcur_clocktickrefscript.OnItemRemoved() - (requested call)
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 			[param 0]: [Armor < (0010E039)>]
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 			[param 1]: 1
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 			[param 2]: None
[12/13/2020 - 03:17:14PM] 			[param 3]: None

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying this is the fault of these mods. How could it, if I doesn't even use them with Skyrim SE.

 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...