@Zaflis

If youre still looking into the thing with the wall shackles: 

I use them in the Sluts HQ

One is in SlutsHQ01, in the very back upstairs, the dark room at the very left with the coffin, the other two are in SlutsHQ02 - "Junk Room". You may need to use the console to get into the Pool Area where the 2 are placed. One next to the door on the left side with the bridge, the other one near the staircase, next to a table with the Immortal Blood Book on it

Question: Is it no longer possible to turn off the animation blocker/filter?
I know that being able to do vaginal or oral animations with a chastity belt, rubber suit, or gag on makes no sense, but I don't care, it's for personal, testing, and weird-mod-setup purposes.
It used to be able to be just an option within Devious Devices that I could simply turn off... but turning off all the check boxes on that page does nothing now, and even using SexLab Tools refuses to allow me to manually set a vaginal animation, defaulting only to lesbian animations, etc.

Does anyone know a solution to this? Is it intentional? I liked that feature.

On 6/16/2021 at 11:14 AM, Scrab said:

If youre still looking into the thing with the wall shackles: 

I use them in the Sluts HQ

One is in SlutsHQ01, in the very back upstairs, the dark room at the very left with the coffin, the other two are in SlutsHQ02 - "Junk Room". You may need to use the console to get into the Pool Area where the 2 are placed. One next to the door on the left side with the bridge, the other one near the staircase, next to a table with the Immortal Blood Book on it

I wasn't really looking, this issue is not one i can help you with. You can ask @Kimy or post in dev thread, but they should've seen this one too...

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/69936-devious-devices-framework-developmentbeta/page/160/

I don't remember the test scene exactly, but since the problem was player clipping into wall it might have been that contraptions also placed some wooden beam or other thing to extend the wall shackles outwards a bit. Check if DCL's second inn in Riverwood had more examples of placed furnitures. There might have been some on the wall. You may need to pay special attention to some sort of collision meshes, i just don't remember how this stuff works. I have done only 1 "content mod" in my Skyrim history

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8513

On 6/18/2021 at 4:08 AM, ChigusaMoaning said:

Is there a way to adjust the ballgag, it is slightly lower than my charecters mouth

No, not really. I guess you'd need to redo the model in Blender and go through all the pains of ex- and importing meshes.

What I do when devices clip on the face of my character (I had the gagstraps running through the cheecks, or the bridge of the nose peeping through the hood) I equip said item, open the consle, type showracemenu and do slight edits on the character's face.

If you're not using some preset for a famous person, you shouldn't even see the difference, as most of the time you're looking at the arse end of your character ?

On 6/18/2021 at 5:08 AM, ChigusaMoaning said:

Is there a way to adjust the ballgag, it is slightly lower than my charecters mouth

You only need that when face is really some non-standard shape. But i also suggest editing face instead. I've tried this mod before and it worked but not tried with DD 5.

On 6/16/2021 at 9:13 PM, Yuni said:

Question: Is it no longer possible to turn off the animation blocker/filter?

Yes, because reasons.

I liked that feature.

Me too, it was very useful.

Does anyone know a solution to this? Is it intentional? I liked that feature.

It's intentional so you can't have a fun game and you're forced to watch glitched sex scenes and see always the same solo animations.

You're right, Sexlab tools doesn't work anymore too, didn't realized this until you pointed that out : (

Edited by SleepyMonster

@Kimy - bug report: i think the "Bump Pumps Chance" event is broken in DD 5.1.

I noticed i kept getting the "Bump Pumps Chance" event even though in MCM it is set to 0.0

When you change the value in MCM, it gets saved into libs.EventSlots, but the condition in zadPlayerScript for the event to occur relies on the BaseBumpPumpChance property:

Utility.RandomInt() <= libs.Config.BaseBumpPumpChance * 2

I think the same, or similar problem may concern other settings too, because i think i am seeing more events in general than i should according the MCM settings - but that could be just me, i haven't really looked at the other events.

Edited by Roggvir

Hi everyone,

I recently discovert a bug with the black ebonite hood. It make my PC head invisible. I try disable device hidder but same result.

I try with another character and ended with the same problem (try with Imperial and Wood elf).

Does anyone know how to solve that?

Thank you

18 hours ago, zouzou said:

Hi everyone,

I recently discovert a bug with the black ebonite hood. It make my PC head invisible. I try disable device hidder but same result.

I try with another character and ended with the same problem (try with Imperial and Wood elf).

Does anyone know how to solve that?

Thank you

Sounds like a bad bodyslide build.

I'm not sure if this is a D.D. problem or a Cursed Loot problem.

in Cursed Loot, I completed the Cursed Collar quest. And I got to remove all the gear.. but.

the game still says I'm pierced and no matter what i do, i can't make the game see I'm NOT wearing the little jewel.

i know Cursed Loot uses D.D. stuff, so i'm asking here.. and there. 

5 minutes ago, Emeraldnoir said:

the game still says I'm pierced and no matter what i do, i can't make the game see I'm NOT wearing the little jewel.

If by that you refer to the "pierced" effect appearing on the magic tab, I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be permanent, considering the nature of piercings.

1 hour ago, Taki17 said:

If by that you refer to the "pierced" effect appearing on the magic tab, I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be permanent, considering the nature of piercings.

Yeah, it was in the active effects. but I removed the jewel, it didn't go away.

But due to my insanely stupid self, that isn't causing the problem I was having.

having fixed said issue, I don't know how I did. reloading saves and kept trying to undo stuff.. it worked. 

On 6/20/2021 at 11:11 PM, Roggvir said:

I think the same, or similar problem may concern other settings too, because i think i am seeing more events in general than i should according the MCM settings - but that could be just me, i haven't really looked at the other events.

It's not only you. Restrains + Armor effect set to 0% also doesn't deactivates that effect.

I think those issues are as old as DD and not a specific issue with DD5.1?

Edited by SleepyMonster
On 1/28/2021 at 12:57 PM, timking said:

Don't know if this has already been noted but contraptions gives an error when i try to make a batched patch. 
This is using the latest version of devious devices

it gives the following error:
Unrecognized VM Data property type: 0
Error loading 'ACTI' record and/or subrecord: 07001D96
  eid = u'zadc_gallowspole_overhead'
  subrecord = 'VMAD'
  subrecord size = 1322
  file pos = 1909
Error in Devious Devices - Contraptions.esm

When I run Wrye Bash, I get this exact same error. Using TES5Edit, I looked at the Activator zadc_gallowspole_overhead, the VMAD section, which I think may be the correct area, but with my meager abilities, I couldn't find a problem.

Does anyone know why timking and get this error? What can we do to get Wrye Bash to process Devious Devices 5.1 properly?

Edited by wren888

I think I may have found a reproducible crash / CTD when equipping devious devices via the inventory menu. Sorry in advance if this is a known issue or happens just for me.

If the equipped rendered device causes a regular piece of armor to be unequipped (e.g. equipping a catsuit over a body armor piece) while in the inventory menu, and I then hover the mouse over the armor that was unequipped in the inventory menu (without closing and reopening the menu), my game crashes 100% of the time. Does this happen to anyone else?

E.g: Equip clothes, reopen inventory menu, equip catsuit, move mouse cursor over clothes in the inventory menu -> crash.

The crash happens especially often if you try to equip multiple devices in a row, and constantly move your mouse over your inventory to confirm the DD popups (greater chance to accidentally hover over the unequipped armor piece).

I analyzed the issue a bit and I found the following:

The issue happens whenever an object is equipped via equipitem while the inventory menu is open (if another item is unequipped by the equipitem call). For testing I attached a script to the vanilla glass gauntlets that also equips the vanilla glass armor when the gauntlets are equipped by the player. I then tested with a minimal load order (SKSE + Skyrim + DLC + Live Another Life + dummy plugin to attach the script), and I could reproduce the issue. So it appears to be a vanilla bug with equipitem and happens even without SkyUI. It is thus also unrelated to things like QueueNiNodeUpdate.

Even though it appears to be a vanilla issue, DD is the only mod I know that happens to equip another item while the inventory menu is open (inventory device->rendered device)

As the CTD only happens when equipping items via the inventory, i would not consider it a serious problem though. It can however be quite annoying if you don't realize what causes it, as you would just assume that equipping DDs crashes the game (and maybe be like me and spend hours looking for the problem lol).

7 hours ago, Yanme said:

E.g: Equip clothes, reopen inventory menu, equip catsuit, move mouse cursor over clothes in the inventory menu -> crash.

Weird, i tried with armor, boots and helmet and no crash after DD. I wasn't actually wearing gloves at that moment so i thought case closed. I gave myself some leather gloves and then equipping DD gloves actually did crash on mouseover. This was on a relatively heavy mod setup that was played for tens of hours and mods added and removed several times.

4 hours ago, justanothercreeper said:

So is this a replacement for the original DD integration?

This is DD 5. It replaces all old DD: Assets, Integration, Expansion and Contraptions. You shouldn't have any of those installed before installing this.

Edited by Zaflis