[mod] Regula Magistri

1 hour ago, Gabe Lincoln said:

I think the Fascinare scheme counts as laying with the target when it succeeds, so that's probably what's causing it.

Hmm, possibly? It doesn't seem like it though, it's usually with their councilors, mayors or knights. It happened about five times yesterday, twice with the same character. A mulsa had a lover on the side, when upgraded to a domina it was still occurring with her. 

Aside from hoping there was some explanation text for the different features and interactions/how to trigger them or the cheating thing, the mod is great.  

Like, I dunno how to even create a paelex or anything. Only options I ever see are Fascinare or Domina.

Okay so found the file (I think) with the adultery override and it seems like certain traits still allow cheating. If the AI has lustful, low honor, seducer, etc., then they still cheat. It also mentions their faith being polyamorous (which both characters were prior), however, I'm not sure how that would affect it if their faith is converted to regula. 

Is that intended? I was under the impression that the recent update shouldn't allow cheating at all. 

On 2/17/2021 at 1:00 PM, bobbily said:

This is incorrect as of 0.5.  All adherents should have the Hereditas Compendita inheritance law, which is female only.

Sorry, yes, you are correct. I was basing my statement off prior experience, which turned out to be based on an older version.

Incidentally, as of 0.5, you still have succession dropping your heir back to Male Preference succession, until he gets his Magister trait. I don't know if its worth fixing (e.g. give your heir a trait that makes sure he doesn't lose Magister succession in the short time before he gets the Magister trait, or having a delay in losing Magister succession), but it is a tad jarring. (This lack of continuity also has the odd result that you can actually have him have his wife use Abice Maritus against him, until he gets the trait.)

On 2/17/2021 at 1:00 PM, bobbily said:

Are people using the Big Dick/Big Tits traits from Carnalitas?

Not since I worked out that they had no in-game effect. My characters tend to have a lot of traits anyway, so don't want to clutter it up further with ones that have no effect.

On 2/18/2021 at 8:58 AM, Gabe Lincoln said:

East Africa + Hispanola (Holy Sites generally form a Southwesternly line from Hispanola to Central Africa)

Ummm ... Hispanola is an alternate name of Hispaniola, an island in the Caribbean. Do you mean Hispania? If so, surely you mean West Africa, because East Africa is on the opposite side of the map.

Incidentally, normally heresies have the same holy sites as their parent religion. I'm not sure if modding to give them different ones would have anomalous effects. Do they actually need to be set up as heresies of each other? Given that they only exist as a player decision, I would assume you would have at most one of them in any one game, so you could simply set them each up as a near-identical independent religion.

19 hours ago, zargod said:

Ummm ... Hispanola is an alternate name of Hispaniola, an island in the Caribbean. Do you mean Hispania? If so, surely you mean West Africa, because East Africa is on the opposite side of the map.

Incidentally, normally heresies have the same holy sites as their parent religion. I'm not sure if modding to give them different ones would have anomalous effects. Do they actually need to be set up as heresies of each other? Given that they only exist as a player decision, I would assume you would have at most one of them in any one game, so you could simply set them each up as a near-identical independent religion.

1) Yes, I do mean Hispania, and West Africa. I was going too fast with that one.

2) Think like the pre-made Catholic Heresies. Orthodoxy and Catholicism and Insular all have different Holy Sites. You could set them up as different religious groups religions I guess. It doesn't really change how it'd work. You'd still need to pick a religion at some point so you don't have Holy sites halfway across the map.

Edit: Also, it's really annoying to have to go and find all the vassals in my realm to marry them. I'm not sure how you'd go about fixing that, but it's quite annoying having random all my paelices die on me because they get a giant health penalty while really old due to the health benefits of being a paelex making them live for a long time.

I also wonder if it'd be possible to have a +max wards modifier to make it slightly easier to keep up with everything as vassal pool expands.

3 hours ago, Gabe Lincoln said:

Edit: Also, it's really annoying to have to go and find all the vassals in my realm to marry them. I'm not sure how you'd go about fixing that, but it's quite annoying having random all my paelices die on me because they get a giant health penalty while really old due to the health benefits of being a paelex making them live for a long time.

Finding them should be just a case of doing a character-search for adult unmarried female rulers in your realm.

Though it would be nice if they showed up in the 'Suggestions' list -- I know that the Submissive Partners mod has a reminder that you have inherited submissives that you can 'Instill Obedience' (or some such) into that appears in that list. Having a reminder that you have landed Mulsae or Orbae in your realm waiting to be claimed would be useful. As would a decision that allowed you to mass-claim all Orbae after succession (rather than having to go through them all individually on succession).

This reminders me of an oddity that I have observed on succession. My new PC's mother refused to let me marry my oldest full sister (her daughter and heir). It gave a -1000 malus to acceptance that her "Faith does not allow Polygamous" (in spite of the fact that her faith was Magistrian, same as my PC's). I had to invite her to court and then marry her. This created a "Forced my relative into a blasphemous union" -20 relationship malus with my mother. Something therefore seems to be slightly off with the implementation of polygamy.

4 hours ago, Gabe Lincoln said:

I also wonder if it'd be possible to have a +max wards modifier to make it slightly easier to keep up with everything as vassal pool expands.

I ran into that problem in earlier playthroughs. I now strictly limit the number of offspring I allow each of my Paelices to have (using the Submissive Partners mod's ability to set a chastity rule on a character-by-character basis). This also limits the number of sister-wives my PC's successor will have to find land for.

@Endlesslust, that sounds like event-triggered lovers.  Making a Mulsa a paelex should break off any existing relationships, but there's a few events that will create more (I ran into this once during a hunt, for example).

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an easy way to stop these events.  They don't use the normal will_cheat trigger, and messing with the can_set_relation_lover_trigger will likely mess with attempts to make your own wives lovers.

Making a paelex uses the same interaction as making a Domina, Domitans Tribunal.  If you already have a wife the Mulsa gains the Paelex trait, if you're unmarried they get Domina (you can swap between the two by making a Paelex your primary spouse).

At this point expanding the suggestions and documentation is probably a good idea.  The mod is getting complex.

@Gabe Lincoln, I've been looking into the wards too.  Unfortunately the limit is set in the Educate Child action, not in any trigger, making it pretty difficult to modify without causing conflicts with other mods.  I'm debating setting up an independent Educate Child interaction at this point (which would also simplify assigning your wives as guardians).

Thanks for the bug report.

@zargod, the game defines a polygamous marriage as one with the base-game Polygamy doctrine.  It's poor coding on the developers' part, and leads to issues like the one you found. Hard to fix, unfortunately.

@bobbily

Thanks for the reply! I was about to start messing around with the files and see if I could fix it, which is never a good idea. Especially with next to zero knowledge on it like I do!

It's certainly not a game breaker, but I was just surprised by the huge number of "is she cheating on me" or "is that baby mine" events. Enjoying the mod for sure though. 

I've had a long boring month so I did some coding of my own, feel free to use it if you please and/or change anything you want.

Important actions to make a mulsa vassal a paelex:

action_regula_make_paelex = {
    combine_into_one = yes
    priority = 500

check_create_action = {
        IF = {
            limit = { 
                ROOT = { 
                    faith = { has_doctrine = tenet_regula_magister }
                    has_trait_rank = {
                        trait = magister_trait_group 
                        rank >= 2
                    } 
                    is_ai = no
                }
            }
            every_vassal_or_below = {
                IF = {
                    limit = {
                        has_trait = mulsa
                        is_ai = yes
                        highest_held_title_tier >= tier_county
                        is_imprisoned = no
                    }
                    save_scope_as = mulsa_vassal
                    try_create_important_action = {
                        important_action_type = action_regula_make_paelex
                        actor = root
                        recipient = scope:mulsa_vassal
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }

effect = {
        open_interaction_window = {
            interaction = regula_make_paelex_interaction
            actor = scope:actor
            recipient = scope:recipient
        }
    }
}

Needs localisation: (I left what I put in, but you can change it to whatever you like)
 action_regula_make_paelex: "You can $regula_make_paelex_interaction$"
 action_regula_make_paelex_label: "$Mulsa$'s can be dominated"
 action_regula_make_paelex_desc: "You can use the $regula_make_paelex_interaction$ [character_interaction|E] to bind her to your will, marrying her and making her your loyal servant."
 action_regula_make_paelex_click: "#I Click to $regula_make_paelex_interaction$#!"
 action_regula_make_paelex_combined_group_label: "$Mulsa$'s can be dominated"
 action_regula_make_paelex_combined_group_name: "$Mulsa$'s can be dominated"
 action_regula_make_paelex_combined_label: "Dominate [recipient.GetShortUINameNoTooltip]"
 action_regula_make_paelex_combined_group_description: "You can use the $regula_make_paelex_interaction$ [character_interaction|E] to bind her to your will, marrying her and making her your loyal servant."
 action_regula_make_paelex_combined_group_click: "#I Click to $regula_make_paelex_interaction$#!"

Also an event if put into on.actions at age 6 will make it so the landed mother (or domina if she's dead/unlanded) take custody of the child to handle education/etc

regula_child_maintenance.0001 = {        #moves children out of magisters court so he doesn't have to maintain them
    type = character_event
    title = regula_child_maintenance.0001.t
    hidden = yes
    theme = education

trigger = {
        is_landed = no
        is_married = no
    }

immediate = {
        IF = {
            limit = { 
                has_mother = yes
                root.mother = { is_landed = yes }
            }
            host = {
                remove_courtier_or_guest = ROOT
            }
            ROOT = {
                ROOT.mother = { recruit_courtier = prev }
                hidden_effect = {
                    return_to_court = yes
                }
            }
        }
        IF = {
            limit = { 
                OR = {
                    has_mother = no
                    root.mother = { is_landed = no }
                }
            }
            host = {
            }
            ROOT = {
                ROOT.father.primary_spouse = { recruit_courtier = prev }
                hidden_effect = {
                    return_to_court = yes
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

4 hours ago, shaaaaq said:

I've had a long boring month so I did some coding of my own, feel free to use it if you please and/or change anything you want.

Important actions to make a mulsa vassal a paelex:

action_regula_make_paelex = {
    combine_into_one = yes
    priority = 500

check_create_action = {
        IF = {
            limit = { 
                ROOT = { 
                    has_trait_rank = {
                        trait = magister_trait_group 
                        rank >= 2
                    } 
                    is_ai = no
                }
            }
            every_vassal_or_below = {
                IF = {
                    limit = {
                        has_trait = mulsa
                        is_ai = yes
                        highest_held_title_tier >= tier_county
                        is_imprisoned = no
                    }
                    save_scope_as = mulsa_vassal
                    try_create_important_action = {
                        important_action_type = action_regula_make_paelex
                        actor = root
                        recipient = scope:mulsa_vassal
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }

effect = {
        open_interaction_window = {
            interaction = regula_make_paelex_interaction
            actor = scope:actor
            recipient = scope:recipient
        }
    }
}

Needs localisation: (I left what I put in, but you can change it to whatever you like)
 action_regula_make_paelex: "You can $regula_make_paelex_interaction$"
 action_regula_make_paelex_label: "$Mulsa$'s can be dominated"
 action_regula_make_paelex_desc: "You can use the $regula_make_paelex_interaction$ [character_interaction|E] to bind her to your will, marrying her and making her your loyal servant."
 action_regula_make_paelex_click: "#I Click to $regula_make_paelex_interaction$#!"
 action_regula_make_paelex_combined_group_label: "$Mulsa$'s can be dominated"
 action_regula_make_paelex_combined_group_name: "$Mulsa$'s can be dominated"
 action_regula_make_paelex_combined_label: "Dominate [recipient.GetShortUINameNoTooltip]"
 action_regula_make_paelex_combined_group_description: "You can use the $regula_make_paelex_interaction$ [character_interaction|E] to bind her to your will, marrying her and making her your loyal servant."
 action_regula_make_paelex_combined_group_click: "#I Click to $regula_make_paelex_interaction$#!"

Also an event if put into on.actions at age 6 will make it so the landed mother (or domina if she's dead/unlanded) take custody of the child to handle education/etc

regula_child_maintenance.0001 = {        #moves children out of magisters court so he doesn't have to maintain them
    type = character_event
    title = regula_child_maintenance.0001.t
    hidden = yes
    theme = education

trigger = {
        is_landed = no
        is_married = no
    }

immediate = {
        IF = {
            limit = { 
                has_mother = yes
                root.mother = { is_landed = yes }
            }
            host = {
            }
            ROOT = {
                ROOT.mother = { recruit_courtier = prev }
                hidden_effect = {
                    return_to_court = yes
                }
            }
        }
        IF = {
            limit = { 
                OR = {
                    has_mother = no
                    root.mother = { is_landed = no }
                }
            }
            host = {
            }
            ROOT = {
                ROOT.father.primary_spouse = { recruit_courtier = prev }
                hidden_effect = {
                    return_to_court = yes
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Nice code!! You could write the localization files with Visual Notepad, it really helps with the eyes, instead of just black text and white background its a black background with hightlights

PS you could make a sub mod for Regula Magistri, cause if you have a lot of boring months, you can get a lot of things done.

I've been noticing a bug in the last two games I've played where I try to Fascinare a neighboring ruler, get to 100% and get the confirmation that I want to try, and then nothing happens.  No event showing it succeeded or failed, and the Scheme stays at 100% and doesn't go away.  I can't even abandon it -- the button has a pop-up saying 'you cannot abandon schemes which are finished or frozen.'  (Though starting another hostile scheme, or Fascinare-ing someone else, does override that.)  Both times trying this, I've been doing it on someone else's vassal -- the first time, I was the Duke of Carinthia and tried it on Matilda of Tuscany; the second time I was the independent Duke of Munster and tried it on the Duchess of Mercia.  I can provide save files if you need them to reproduce the problem.  (I haven't yet tried deactivating other mods, but I don't think there are any that could cause conflicts.)

Other than that, I've been enjoying the mod greatly!  Looking forward to the next version.

11 hours ago, lidashisb said:

Why I can not marry with her ? She was the Queen of  England,and I fascinared her.

无标题.png

无标题1.png

You can't really make random women your wife. There's a huge "religion doesn't support polygamy" penalty when you do. You have to go and do the Landed Ruler Thing.

@bobbily There should be a + like 400 to court invites for unlanded women with the Mulsa trait. That way you can make sure you can actually get women into your court if you fascinare them. It's really annoying doing it to random claimants and then not being able to actually do anything with it because they won't join your court.

Edit: I also hella can't read anything there so I can't give you advice about your specific situation.

@Abraxis00, it looks like I accidentally coded a fascinare fail state where neither of the fail events are valid.  It'll be fixed in the next version.

@lidashisb, the Mulsa trait doesn't make characters do 100% what you want.  If they're your vassal you can use Domitans Tribunal to marry them, but otherwise you're going to have to offer a better deal than being your 5th wife.

@Gabe Lincoln, was this at the orgy?

On 3/1/2021 at 2:19 AM, bobbily said:

@lidashisb, the Mulsa trait doesn't make characters do 100% what you want.  If they're your vassal you can use Domitans Tribunal to marry them, but otherwise you're going to have to offer a better deal than being your 5th wife.

Yes, but given that the Mulsa trait can be used to make a wife kidnap her husband, or a courtier spy on her lord, I would suggest it gives influence somewhere around the level of a Strong Hook. It might in fact be useful to have the Magister gain a Strong Hook on his Mulsae, to emulate this degree of influence, without having to code each interaction separately.

On 3/5/2021 at 3:45 PM, zargod said:

Yes, but given that the Mulsa trait can be used to make a wife kidnap her husband, or a courtier spy on her lord, I would suggest it gives influence somewhere around the level of a Strong Hook. It might in fact be useful to have the Magister gain a Strong Hook on his Mulsae, to emulate this degree of influence, without having to code each interaction separately.

I agree

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 1:01 PM, hobux said:

Hey @bobbily do you think the mod will be compatible with the new patch/dlc? If not do you plan to update it soon? It would suck to play without this awesome mod!

Did you try playing the game with the mod on the current version? Just because there's a warning message about the mod being out of date doesn't necessarily make it true. From the 1.3 patch notes I didn't see any changes to the scripting language or the files this mod alters/replaces. If you get no errors while playing the current version then just open the .mod file and change the line: supported_version="1.2.*" to supported_version="1.3.*". That removes the warning for the mod being out of date.

1.3 Bug: Playing on 1.3 the icon does not appear.

Also, I'd love more ways to interact with my harem. Like, I want to be able to dote on my thralls and give them bonuses at the cost of piety. You gain so much piety as Magister that I need more ways to spend it, and I like the idea of having more interactions with vassal thralls.

Edit: I also think a sort of instant fascinare against prisoners would be cool. Even if it was like way more piety, and could still fail. I have in theory unlimited access to prisoners, so I should be able to do things like that.

@hobux, unfortunately I don't have access to CK3 at the moment, so can't test compatibility.  If you run into something gamebreaking let me know, and I'll do what I can to hotfix. 

@Gabe Lincoln, prisoner events are a major part of 0.6, including an instant Fascinare interaction.  Barring the unforeseen the update should be ready in early April.

I like the idea of doting on the Devoted though (heh).  Something to add to the todo list.