[mod] Regula Magistri

I think that your game is crashing cause you don't have the right checksum, but ok. I'm checking for the most common issue right now though, localization and faulty .MOD files. I just added this later, @bobbily, your .MOD file was faulty, I fixed it for me, let me know if you want me to release a .MOD file for everyone else.

The path should read "mod/Regula_Magistri" when you download it, but change to "C:/User/.../mod/Regula_Magistri" when you load CK3 after putting it in the appropriate mod directory.  If you can see the mod in your dropdown menu the path is fine.

Glad it's working though!

Spoiler

On 1/13/2021 at 12:11 PM, shaaaaq said:

This is a well done smooth all rounded mod, very nicely done.

Some suggestions:
1- Is it possible to make the landed concubines raise the children? That sort of deals with the huge abundance of kids one would otherwise have and the annoying alliances that tend to come with it.

2- Consider replacing the onaction maintenance action with the rules in the actual laws file. That way you can make it automatically trigger and if you make it check for is_ai the mod can work for vassal players as well as independent rulers.
3- Would you consider adding in a maintenance action for the mulsa trait? Example of a quick one I made is at bottom of this post
4- Is it possible to suppress the pregnancy notifications after the orgy decision? Or alternatively suppress the suspected adultery that comes with it.
5- Would you consider enabling male knights/commanders? There is a real excess of them and no way to really get them out of your court in a non-tedious way.

There also seems to be a strange issue with the magister religion group: It can't have crusades even as a custom religion. Can't replicate this with any other custom religion mod I've used.

regula_paelex_event.abc = {
    hidden = yes
    type = character_event

trigger = {
        is_male = yes
        faith = { has_doctrine = doctrine_gender_magister_dominated }
        is_landed = yes
    }

immediate = {
        every_vassal_or_below = {
            limit = {
                highest_held_title_tier >= tier_county
                is_female = yes
                NOT = { 
                    has_trait = paelex
                    has_trait = domina
                    has_trait = mulsa
                    has_trait = orba
                }
            }
            add_trait = mulsa
        }
    }
}

I have no idea on 1-4 but I also want males to be knights and I found out the way to edit it.

1.Go to the mod folder as in \Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\Regula_Magistri\common\religion\doctrines

2.Open the file "regula_doctrines.txt"

3.Find the line "combatant_must_be_female = yes"

4.Replace it with "combatant_can_be_either_gender = yes" (without ")

It works for me also no need to start a new game. Still have no idea if it would cause some problem with the mod's features tho.

12 hours ago, bobbily said:

Make the unlanded wives counts or higher and it will disappear on its own after 0-4 months.

Thank you, but is there anyway to remove the penalty via the file itself. I could not find it.

Sometimes I just randomly marry lot of women without land and couldn't give them any, lol.

10 hours ago, lc1999 said:

Thank you, but is there anyway to remove the penalty via the file itself. I could not find it.

Sometimes I just randomly marry lot of women without land and couldn't give them any, lol.

You, can still give them land, but if they're lowborn they can only get Baronies first, at least that's how it is for me.

On 2/5/2021 at 8:53 AM, bobbily said:

The AI will now use the Abice Maritus interaction when possible. If you hold Alexandria expect to periodically see female Compenditae deposing their husbands.

Would I be correct in thinking that AM only fires if the wife in question has piety >= 500? I suspect that this level of piety would be very rare for a non-landed character (who have less opportunities to regularly gain piety), meaning that this effect may be more theoretical than actual.

500 for the spontaneous Abice Maritus, 250 if you're triggering it (+100 of your own piety).  It should trigger periodically, but not for every character. Unlanded characters don't gain piety quickly unless they have virtuous traits, but they also don't have anything to spend their piety on.

Basically it was this or code a difficult to balance points based system to make ambitious, zealous, etc. characters trigger the action.  This should be way more easily adjustable.

14 hours ago, bobbily said:

500 for the spontaneous Abice Maritus, 250 if you're triggering it (+100 of your own piety). 

You would probably only be willing to spend 100 piety to bring a vassal or neighboring potential vassal into your harem (as if you don't make the new female ruler a Paelex, the title will most likely revert back to a male heir on her death, due to prevailing gender inheritance laws), which cuts down the candidates significantly.

14 hours ago, bobbily said:

Unlanded characters don't gain piety quickly unless they have virtuous traits ...

Unlanded characters don't gain piety quickly at all. Virtuous traits are rare (generally only three out of the more than thirty personality traits), meaning that the chance of getting even one is less than one in four (with the same chance of getting a sin that reduces piety). Each virtue garners only 1 piety/month, meaning that for a non-ruler with one virtue, it would take 21 years to garner 250 piety and 42 years to garner 500 (assuming that the wife survives, her husband survives, and that other issues don't arise over that lengthy period to render the matter moot).

I therefore don't see Abice Maritus as likely to have an observable influence on the game, let alone a substantive one. A more useful Holy Site effect might be to give a chance for your non-Paelex vassals (and/or non-vassal Magisterian rulers) to have their gender inheritance laws change from Male (generally the default) to Female.

On 2/14/2021 at 12:19 AM, zargod said:

Unlanded characters don't gain piety quickly at all. Virtuous traits are rare (generally only three out of the more than thirty personality traits), meaning that the chance of getting even one is less than one in four (with the same chance of getting a sin that reduces piety). Each virtue garners only 1 piety/month, meaning that for a non-ruler with one virtue, it would take 21 years to garner 250 piety and 42 years to garner 500 (assuming that the wife survives, her husband survives, and that other issues don't arise over that lengthy period to render the matter moot).

It's actually worse than that. Regula Magestri only has 2 virtues that are personality traits, so the ratio of virtues to non-virtues is actually worse than for most religions, and significantly worse than for Catholics. Maybe add something like Gregarious or Stubborn as a virtue. Even religions with no tenets that add virtues still have 3 virtues/sins at least, and Regula Magestri has 1 because Decietful/Honest is added by Sacred Lies. So really, the religion needs two more sins/virtues. I also don't count deviant as being a legitimate virtue because it's hard to get Deviant.

On 2/14/2021 at 12:19 AM, zargod said:

I therefore don't see Abice Maritus as likely to have an observable influence on the game, let alone a substantive one. A more useful Holy Site effect might be to give a chance for your non-Paelex vassals (and/or non-vassal Magisterian rulers) to have their gender inheritance laws change from Male (generally the default) to Female.

That's already a thing. It seems like Magisteran rulers have preferred gender law set to being the special all female religious law.  I've said it as my suggestion for a holy site trait, but I'd want a chance for female adherents to gain the Mulsa trait, and for Mulsa/Paelex to prioritize foreign rulers/the spouses of foreign rulers for Fascinare schemes when you have Brescia.

Also, I'd suggest adding heresies to Regula Magestri that have different holy sites. Even if it's just 1 where you have Eastern and Western Regula and they're the same Religion, but one has holy sites around India/Tibet and the other has the current Holy Sites so that way you don't need to conquer all the way to Europe if you want to have the Holy Site functions.

2 hours ago, M4rocks said:

Did you rename the File?

No. It's not just Regula Magistri though. A few others are getting the same error. I've deleted the mod, uninstalled and reinstalled the game and even downloaded a fresh copy of the mod and added it. Still nothing works. No clue what's causing it.

Edit: Just checked, the Descriptor file doesn't have the pathname for some reason.

You would probably only be willing to spend 100 piety to bring a vassal or neighboring potential vassal into your harem (as if you don't make the new female ruler a Paelex, the title will most likely revert back to a male heir on her death, due to prevailing gender inheritance laws), which cuts down the candidates significantly.

This is incorrect as of 0.5.  All adherents should have the Hereditas Compendita inheritance law, which is female only.

I agree about the imbalance in virtues/sins though. Diligent and fecund seem like reasonable virtues. Are people using the Big Dick/Big Tits traits from Carnalitas?

@Gabe Lincoln, heresies with different religious sites is something I'm drafting.  I've got gods/sites picked out for northern/western Europe, but I'd love to hear suggestions for Africa and Asia.

18 hours ago, bobbily said:

This is incorrect as of 0.5.  All adherents should have the Hereditas Compendita inheritance law, which is female only.

I agree about the imbalance in virtues/sins though. Diligent and fecund seem like reasonable virtues. Are people using the Big Dick/Big Tits traits from Carnalitas?

@Gabe Lincoln, heresies with different religious sites is something I'm drafting.  I've got gods/sites picked out for northern/western Europe, but I'd love to hear suggestions for Africa and Asia.

On the virtues/sins thing, it should be three personality traits as part of the religious group. With Deceitful/Honest added by Sacred Lies unless you want it to be part of the base sins/virtues. I know that this is a weird religion, but there's definitely a formula that all religions share in CK3. https://ck3.paradoxwikis.com/Religion#Game information

On the heresies, I really don't have anything specific. I'd say you probably want at least 4 of them though.
Northern Europe (Holy Sites generally along the Northern European coast strung along the coast of the North and Baltic Sea definitely one in Paris though)
Steppe(Holy Sites stretching from De Jure Khazaria to Siberia this should cover the whole of the Steppe)
India + Tibet + Persia (This one is pretty self explanatory)

East Africa + Hispanola (Holy Sites generally form a Southwesternly line from Hispanola to Central Africa)

Generally, I think that because none of these take you into conflict with the ERE and Abbasids like current Regula Holy Sites do they should cover slightly more area, but not too much more.

15 hours ago, Endlesslust said:

Characters still cheat I've found. Not sure what conditions need to be met for this to not happen, but I've used domina on them, they're maxed on affection and I have several holy sites. 

I think the Fascinare scheme counts as laying with the target when it succeeds, so that's probably what's causing it.