Mad Companionship Spells, MCS Extension & HumanTouchNPC!

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to make a companion just follow and don't attack?

There is no such thing as far as I know.  The ai is pretty much set up to defend itself.  Since companions become part of your faction they will defend you in most cases when you are attacked.  I am sure some clever could make a script to defeat this but it isn't part of the plugin as it currently is that I am aware of.  Sorry.

Does anyone know how to make a companion just follow and don't attack?

There is no such thing as far as I know.  The ai is pretty much set up to defend itself.  Since companions become part of your faction they will defend you in most cases when you are attacked.  I am sure some clever could make a script to defeat this but it isn't part of the plugin as it currently is that I am aware of.  Sorry.

Even something like aggressive, defensive and passive stances?

I remember that in gg valeria there was an option to make the npc don't fight, every fight the companion screamed in terror :lol:

One simple way to set up characters like that is to give them very low aggression and confidence AI attributes.

Parameters influenced by the 'frenzy' and 'demoralize' spell effect I guess.

8beq.jpg

These are part of the four AI attributes accessed by clicking on the 'AI' button on the bottom left-hand side in an NPC's character window.

Aggression is the parameter that makes NPCs engage enemies in the first place while confidence is what makes them stay in battle or flee.

What are the common sources of problems when using fast-travel with this mod? There's this bandit that I gave the follow order to; and 90% of the time, she does not come with me when I fast travel somewhere.

And another unrelated question:

Is there a way to change the disposition of the companion towards the rest of the NPCs (or specific factions) with the push of a button?

Do not make companions out of respawing NPC's.  Bandits, marauders and all the other generic NPC's should be off limits.  It is not MCS that has bugs but rather the generic respawning NPC's do.  Not to mention that you will get save game bloating from recruiting them.

Use named NPC's or grab a plugin like From2chan lives and use them for companions.

• 2 months later...

I have a bit of a problem. I use both TamagoClub and MCS. It's easy to set class, level, leveloffset to a child. But most of the time they ignore everything and just stand still in combat, maybe healing sometimes and only responding when they are the ones that are attacked. So, is there a way to set them a certain combat behavior? Since they're defined in a savefile, you can't really do anything with TES4 Construction Set here. The only way to make them fight is to use Barrage spell from MCS, but using that all the time is not an option. Ideally, I would want an option to open and modify savefile-defined characters in Construction Set, so I could change their race and such, but even just making them fight while overriding all of their defaul ai would help.

• 2 weeks later...

hello all.

I'm having an odd issue.  MCS recruited npcs from 2ch lives marked essential are not getting back up after getting knocked out?  I assume this is a mod conflict or bad load order or something.   Of course I'm running dozens of mods like everyone in here I'm sure.  =)

Any suggestions would be awesome.

Oblivion.esm

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm

All Natural Base.esm

Cobl Main.esm

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm

Better Cities Resources.esm

A_Bloody_Mess.esm

BathingMod_Base.esm

Lovers with PK.esm

x117race.esm

Chanpon.esm

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Better Cities .esp

All Natural.esp

All Natural - SI.esp

All Natural - Real Lights.esp

WindowLightingSystem.esp

FlyingCameraMod.esp

P1DseeYouSleep.esp

Living Economy.esp

Living Economy - Items.esp

Cutthroat Merchants.esp

Priestess_of_Dibella_HGEC.esp

R18PN - Lingeries.esp

Sexy hospital gown.esp

Cobl Glue.esp

Cobl Si.esp

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp

OOO 1.32-Cobl.esp

Apachii_Goddess_Store.esp

Knights.esp

Harvest [Flora].esp

HUDCompanions.esp

Nudeshy X.esp

nudeshyceadb.esp

Warhammer Armor Destroyer.esp

Mass Decay.esp

Quest Award Leveller.esp

A Bloody Mess - Bloody Fights.esp

BathingMod_Soap.esp

BathingMod_Bathroom_Upgrades.esp

BathingMod_Placeable_Bathtubs.esp

SpellSinger.esp

SupremeMagicka.esp

SM_ShiveringIsles.esp

SM_EnchantStaff.esp

SM Bounty.esp

DiabloEF 6 in 1.esp

CuteElf11.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc.esp

x117race.esp

Lop-ears Elf.esp

From2ch Lives.esp

117NPCs.esp

F2LAddon_MSElves.esp

F2LHideRaces.esp

Better Cities Full.esp

Better Cities - VWD of the IC.esp

Better Imperial City.esp

Better Cities - All Natural.esp

LoversAdultYield.esp

LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp

LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp

LoversJoburg.esp

LoversPower.esp

Lovers with PK.esp

LoversSpermSplashEx.esp

LoversMagic.esp

LoversLight.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

xeosp++.esp

MadCompanionshipSpells.esp

MCS extension.esp

HumantouchNPC.esp

LoversMB2.esp

LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp

LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp

Edited to try to fix spoiler tag xD

• 4 weeks later...

When a player becomes enslaved the companion is at risk of becoming enslaved.  If that happens, there is a high probability that the old "lose all" bug from exiting oblivion will take effect and wipe the companion's history (in effect, making a new npc - don't know if you recall naked companions materializing outside of oblivion gates)  If I'm losing my fight (silenced and/or incapacitated) and my companion is at risk, I could use the console to set them free and release their AI from becoming corrupted.

Even if you can't read the book itself, the menu will pop up after you close the inventory and enter the game mode. If clicking the book really doesn't do anything, try this

Player.RemoveSpell XX001D85

Player.AddSpell XX001D85

Setting companion state further in the console is really tedious and I promise you wouldn't like that. You best bet in this case would be to write a separate plugin (that requires the MCS extension) and calling the order function from it.

Does this mod work for ANY NPCs? Even downloaded ones? Even ones from other companion mods? I've never actually used any companion mod, but there is one on the Nexus called CM companion system. Would this mod work with NPCs specifically made for that mod, for instance?

Yes and NO!!!!

Yes, it would allow you to recruit them.

NO, you can't just use the CM based NPC without the CM system as it will just crash to desktop.  

I also don't recommend using more than one companion system at a time.  CM partners is far better than the outdated CS system but it still sucks compared to Mad Companionship Spells.

Now you CAN take the CM based NPC plugin and remove CM as its master but that is pretty advanced stuff.

A companion mod is the last addition to my mod collection I still need.

I wanted to use CM, but stumbled over this here too. CM adds loads of NPC followers and seems to be the more higher developed andmore complex system, but to be honest I don't want something very complex, I just want a very basic follower mod adding some essential features which is easy in handling. The spell system of this mod here seems convincing. In Skyrim I experienced that EFF was the most simple, but also the most stable and most compatible mod and therefore I would vote EFF for the best follower mod for Skyrim among the "big three" (EFF, UFO, AFT).

Just one question...the obvious and standard compatibilty question of course: Does this mod interfere with Vilja and any other follower like mod, as LAPF mods and especially LAPF slave traders and Player Slave Encounters for example ?

Not really... Every so often your follower fails to dialog properly, but if you set them to do free, the ai becomes what the mod wants.  For example, a slave must be "do free" from the slave mod to follow you with mcs and vice versa.  I keep a powerful slave in my pack for emergencies, but I like her to have MCS so that she doesn't get lost.  Anyway, I run both (a stripped down version of CM) in my game with very little problems.

I use it with all of those (except vilja) to help my followers move through terrain they can't handle (ie TRAPS). Also, when someone from CM is following me (captive maiden, dragonborne night), you can add them to your MCS followers and they'll auto repair their stuff, just make sure to dismiss them when you're done or their dead.

Another advantage to MCS is that after you kill someone important you can call them out of death to you later.  I use that on the Emperor... So he can live in my house and is satisfied by my many slaves... Using an alternate start, it seems reasonable that I could talk him into allowing me to teleport him out of that weak starting dungeon and to the safety of my fortress.

...  Anyway, I run both (a stripped down version of CM) in my game with very little problems.

Now I'm curious what you stripped down in CM.

I run CM and CM companion MODs, along side of MCS, MCS Extensions and more recently HumanTouch also. But yeah, you have to selectively use each one or else it can conflict, with some bizarre in-game behaviors.

• 2 weeks later...

A companion mod is the last addition to my mod collection I still need.

I wanted to use CM, but stumbled over this here too. CM adds loads of NPC followers and seems to be the more higher developed andmore complex system, but to be honest I don't want something very complex, I just want a very basic follower mod adding some essential features which is easy in handling. The spell system of this mod here seems convincing.

Even though they have a much more intuitive interface (for my taste), both CM and CSR have caused nothing but headaches (bugs and CTDs) back when i used them.

MCS's interface leaves plenty to be desired, but i never CTDed because of it, and it never resulted in broken actors or other incompatibilities (it just has one weird quirk - will explain at end of post). Plus, MCS has the most simple and robust "follow me" implementation. You just cannot lose companions, when they simply teleport to you when you change cells.

On the other hand, it isn't easy to find generic companion mods, that aren't tied to CSR or CM. And MCS obviously is pointless without companions, unless you only want to dupe and hire chars already existing in the game.

With CSR companions, it's rather easy: Unless the mod depends on CSR for no reason (unlike CM, there is no need to make a CSR companion mod dependent on CSR), you can just download and activate a CSR companion mod, and then use via MCS, without even having CSR installed.

With CM, things are more problematic, because any CM companion has to depend on CM being installed. It is possible to fix this, but it requires some skills and understanding about editing plugins.

On the other hand, CM comes with 90 bundled companions - and well, if you want them, but don't want CM partners, then i already did all the work for you:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16829-cm-companions-without-cm-scripting/

Important: The above is a REPLACEMENT for the CM base package, that guts it of all code and only leaves the NPCs and their AI. It therefore is incompatible with any normal CM companion mod. Don't use this if you need vanilla CM. Only use it if you don't want CM, but would like the bundled NPCs.

* About the strange quirk of MCS: It has to do with clothing. I don't remember the precise details anymore, but it was related to the "relax" AI package. That AI state would tell companions to unequip their armor when relaxing. Guess what happens if that companion has no normal clothes to put on instead? You can address this by either giving your companions clothes, or editing the relax AI package in CS, and unchecking "unequip armor" or how its called. There also was a very complicated way to fix it via MCS-extension, but it was so weird and unintuitive, that i'd suggest to forget about that option.

Oh and btw: if you already end up loading MCS into CS to edit AI packages, you might as well take a look at the follow package - goddamn activate "skip fallout behavior" or how its called, so that they stop talking with any random bystander when you told them to follow.