Mad Companionship Spells, MCS Extension & HumanTouchNPC!

Wait.....it is a CM companion????  There is your problem right there.  It doesn't matter if you use MCS to recruit him or not, he still has the CM companion scripts and that is likely conflicting with MCS.  Try recruiting a non-CM partner companion and see if they work correctly.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone knows what's causing this issue? I'm having rather annoying problem with MCS trade spell.

Whenever I trade with my companion using the spell, some of miscellaneous items get doubled. For example, a beef and a mixed unit tactics were in the companion's inventory first time I trade, each of them is two second time, four third time, 8, 16, 32.... 2048, .. and so on, and they get encumbered in the end. And I can't even remove them manually (by removeitem console command) !!! The only way that was successful is killing and resurrecting the actor.

+ strangely, if I do similar thing as script does by console commands( Actor.removeallitems someContainer) and activate the container, item quantity show up normally. Something must be wrong in the process but I'm stumped. :(

Anyone knows what's causing this issue? I'm having rather annoying problem with MCS trade spell.

Whenever I trade with my companion using the spell, some of miscellaneous items get doubled. For example, a beef and a mixed unit tactics were in the companion's inventory first time I trade, each of them is two second time, four third time, 8, 16, 32.... 2048, .. and so on, and they get encumbered in the end. And I can't even remove them manually (by removeitem console command) !!! The only way that was successful is killing and resurrecting the actor.

+ strangely, if I do similar thing as script does by console commands( Actor.removeallitems someContainer) and activate the container, item quantity show up normally. Something must be wrong in the process but I'm stumped. :(

That's normally an indication that the NPC has a negative quantity of the item. Some NPCs have negative quantities of things like food or arrows, because the game treats that as an 'infinite' quantity - that is, when the quantity is used up, it is replenished. During inventory manipulation, the item gets removed from their inventory, so the game replenishes it, so they end up with double the amount.

is there a go to sleep spell i tryed a diffrent sleep spell i found on nexus but no one went to bed >.<

There's an option - I think it's in the MCS Extension spell configuration - that makes companions sleep from midnight to 6am, if there are available beds.

Guest ThatOne

@Movomo, You can probably use spell and item delete to remove the unwanted extra items. It's a temporary solution (you'll have to erase the items every few trades) but it should work (it works on quest items, tokens, items with scripts and just about anything I've tried it on. It can really mess your mods if you erase certain things, so be careful with it).

@badbat111, Also worthy of note is that companions usually only use beds marked as persistent. I haven't read of any mod that managed to lift that restriction yet. It could be that the beds you were near were simply not marked as persistent.

That's normally an indication that the NPC has a negative quantity of the item. Some NPCs have negative quantities of things like food or arrows, because the game treats that as an 'infinite' quantity - that is, when the quantity is used up, it is replenished. During inventory manipulation, the item gets removed from their inventory, so the game replenishes it, so they end up with double the amount.

@Movomo, You can probably use spell and item delete to remove the unwanted extra items. It's a temporary solution (you'll have to erase the items every few trades) but it should work (it works on quest items, tokens, items with scripts and just about anything I've tried it on. It can really mess your mods if you erase certain things, so be careful with it).

Thank you guys. I thouht this bug is very strange because MPC doesn't have the bug in the very same situation while it works by similar mechanism. but yeah now I think I've heard of self regenerating negative quantity items. that explains why it became normal after killing and resurrecting them.. they must have been reset to their base state.

I'll see what I can come up with.

--

I can process the npc inventory before move items into temp chestref, and move the items manually using foreach, but this doesn't seem to be too effective. probably I should research CSR.

@badbat111, Also worthy of note is that companions usually only use beds marked as persistent. I haven't read of any mod that managed to lift that restriction yet. It could be that the beds you were near were simply not marked as persistent.

persistent ?

i put a few double beds near fort redman so i can get them enslaved with me but they never used the beds

oddly enough 1 of the slavers from the camp keeps using the bloody thing the guy in golden armor red haired i think he had

Getting frustrating. One of my NPCs doesn't fight while the others are fine.

When I edit all of them in the CS, then they all flat out refuse to do so. All I did was change their spells, even creating a copy of them and replacing the old NPC with the copy. The esp is in the same order, and I never had this issue until now since this is on a new PC.

Would a jacked up aggression help? Or will they just go nuts and attack everything?

I do get some sort of error in the CS when trying to open the edited esp though. 

I figured out that some script in the base MCS is messing things up like traps and hidden door triggers and making them not function. And for some reason bandits wind up naked and unarmed when recruiting with the spell. Game works fine until I recruit a partner.

Is this mod still being updated from time to time? Ordering npcs to open containers would be a cool feature. CM Partners have this feature so maybe it is possible to import that feature. 

It has not been updated for well over a year (if not more) to my knowledge.  Sorry.

Is this mod still being updated from time to time? Ordering npcs to open containers would be a cool feature. CM Partners have this feature so maybe it is possible to import that feature. 

It has not been updated for well over a year (if not more) to my knowledge.  Sorry.

Most likely could import the command over given time. See how it is done and try and recreate the script.

Take the casual clothes away from them is one option.  You can look at their setting options, I "think" you can tell them what to wear if I remember right, but perhaps not.

As to the player, no, I have never heard of an auto-switching casual to combat outfit plugin.

Ah, I found the setting, it's in the inventory, deep inside the list. Thank you.

Can anyone tell me where, more specifically, to find this setting?

I'd like to stop mcs followers taking off their armor when out of combat.

Nevermind I think i see what i need to do:

Turn off respawn equipment from the mcs 'book' options, then use mcs extension?

There's an option in the MCS Extension spell that tells a follower to wear armor all the time, or switch to clothing out of combat.

Weird, sometimes esps become corrupted. Seems like a fresh esp fixes the main issue. Still love to know why it would render bandits naked and unarmed.

And having fire/shock/frost shield on a race as an ability causes it to remain triggered in a reactive effect when recruiting with MCS. Doesn't do it when they're recruited with CM.

Guest †Foggy♥Sugar†

Both MCS Extension and HumanTouchNPC have newer versions out.

EDIT: Did the translation of the latest MCS extension. 6 lines, half of which most will never see! :P

The latest HumanTouchNPC, 2.3a, is available on SHY here:

http://shy.jsphr.net/upload/img/ups30441.7z

But HumanTouchNPC needs a full translation :s, so it will take me a few days to get to it.

I actually finished translating HumanTouchNPC v2.3a this afternoon... the esp, all scripts, and the ini file.

As I stated the ESP is translated, and cleaned; however it still contains the Japanese scripts. The translated (English) scripts which need to be imported back into the ESP are in the Docs folder along with the ESP backups created during the translation.

You are more than welcome to look at it and test it to see I messed something up as I have yet to do so (This was my first 'major' translation). If nothing else, hopefully it will give you a base to start with :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?6xa40fqflb629bq

I'm not sure if it is this mod or not but it seemed like after installing these mods (replacing one with the other mod I quoted) suddenly bandits have 2x Elder Scrolls in their inventory.  I'm sure I have messed up badly, but I don't know what I could have done that added this item into almost every bandits inventory and each time they come along with two of them.  

Everything else works pretty much ok, although when I give presents sometimes instead of seeing the two options after picking an item out of the list saying either "Hold this for me" or "You can have this" or something like that, sorry it's been a LOT of months since I touched Oblivion let alone mods; can't remember the exact lines)   it's just a bunch of jumbled symbols and the like telling me I don't have a translation placed correctly somewhere or that I installed something wrong entirely even though the mod itself still works.

I haven't had a lot of time to play lately but everything else with the mods seems ok.

Hi, I'm using MCS for a while and noticed something I don't understand: I cast the mcs order spell on my children (from tamago club) to make them stay at home, and later (some weeks/months) mcs tells me they are "temporal actors", and after sometime they just disappear.

And if I call them back "even from death" with the mcs book (the book name them "no name")  and I get a CTD...

How can I do to keep those children permanently? (non temporal actor)

i dont know how tamago works, but if th e children someday will grow up, they might be deleted and a grown up with the same equipment will be created... thats just one possible way of achieving this and i dont know if they used this way, but if they did, this would result in your error.

'No Name' is referring to the location of companions.

If they are in a cell with no specific name, for example somewhere out in the wilderness, this is what MCS displays as companions' location. A named cell on the other hand will display this location's name next to the companion's name in the book, e.g. 'The Merchant's Inn'.

Hi, I'm using MCS for a while and noticed something I don't understand: I cast the mcs order spell on my children (from tamago club) to make them stay at home, and later (some weeks/months) mcs tells me they are "temporal actors", and after sometime they just disappear.

And if I call them back "even from death" with the mcs book (the book name them "no name")  and I get a CTD...

How can I do to keep those children permanently? (non temporal actor)

'Temporal actor' means that the actor has the 'respawn' flag checked, I believe. Either that, or they have been spawned from a leveled list placement, rather than placed directly in the game world. If they are disappearing after a few days, then summoning them afterwards is likely to cause a CTD, as they no longer exist.

I'm not sure if loading the relevant mod in the CS and unchecking the 'respawn' flag will make them non-temporal - it depends how they are made to appear in the game world. It also depends on how they are being removed - is it due to the regular respawn timer, or are they being removed by a script?

Is there a way to make cm partner companions available (then using them via MCS), without having cm partners.esm and esp loaded?

I absolutely want some of the cm partner companions available (plus, most available companions on the net, are CM based), but i dislike how buggy CM is, and after weeks of testing, suspect that it is the lone culprit for my constant (5-10mins) CTDs.

So, i'm willing to dump the management system, but not the NPCs - i want to use those with MCS.

Sure, i could just replace the esm with an empty dummy, but wouldn't this cause errors, since the CM companions look for CM ai packages? (i don't mind them just standing around while not recruited.... i do mind bugs/crashes).

I'm not very experienced with CS, but if someone were to say "for each cm npc, delete the following things", i could do that. I just dont know how.

EDIT: I fixed a handful of issues in MCS/MCSex, translated some stuff better.... could upload it, but am not sure, because of all the "do not redistribute" crap of mods. I also noticed one bug i don't know how to fix. If you give an MCS controlled companion the shrouded armor, it will not use it and just run around naked. The only way to fix that ingame i found, was to in MCS set "respawn equip" to "forbidden", then in MCSex, set cloth equip to "armor", NOT "cloth AND armor" (yes, that makes no sense, but it works, dunno why)

From2ch lives is a good alternative to CM partners.  There are 300 plus NPC's that it adds to the roads and cities.  Groups of them also travel from city to city and into dungeons as well.  You can recruit any of them via MCS.

From2ch lives: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/1565-from2ch-lives/

As to the CM partners esp files, you would need to remove the dependency on CM partners from the esp files and you might need to edit\remove some of the scripting as well.  Be a bit of work to do.

As to the "shrouded armor", it may be set as only usable per certain faction members.  You might need to peek at the armor settings using the CS to see what (if any) restrictions the armor has.