Mad Companionship Spells, MCS Extension & HumanTouchNPC!

Link restored to OP. :D

I think I'm going blind' date=' 'cause I'm still getting the "file blocked for violation" page. ;)

Funny, I just uploaded it and threw up a fresh link and the asshats at mediafire blocked it. Clearly for some reason they have flagged the file. I threw up a 4shared link in the OP for now. I will try renaming the file and see if I can get a media fire link working that way.

Edit: Ok, renamed the file and posted a fresh link to mediafire. Let me know if it gets taken down.

Could someone re-upload MCS' date=' please? It's been removed from MediaFire.

[/quote']

Link restored to OP. :D

I think I'm going blind' date=' 'cause I'm still getting the "file blocked for violation" page. ;)

Sorry, I just saw this. :blush:

Hmmm, They are still up in my account, and I've haven't received any notices from MediaFire that any of my files violated their TOS. :huh:

Anybody else having any issues with any of my other files in this thread here?

Or any of the others here: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=2597

Here: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=2596

Or here? : http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=7221&pid=141845#pid141845

Perhaps just a glitch in the Intertubes? :P Or time to find a new file hosting company? :dodgy:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have a little problem after recruiting companions with MCS.

Every time I commit a crime like picking a lock or feeding as a vampire, a few seconds later a guard comes running trying to arrest me. The only reason I can come up with is, that my companion is ratting me out :D

Any way to avoid that?

Hi

I have a little problem after recruiting companions with MCS.

Every time I commit a crime like picking a lock or feeding as a vampire' date=' a few seconds later a guard comes running trying to arrest me. The only reason I can come up with is, that my companion is ratting me out :D

Any way to avoid that?

[/quote']

this is absolutely because of the companion, but not due to this mod.

i had this with "Elizabeth Colourwheel" (companion in colourwheels oblivion overhaul) following me and she always called the guards when i killed someone or picked a lock or even stole an item.

this happens no matter which companion mod you use.

the companion's responsibility is the cause: if the companion's responsibility is too high (he/she is too rightious) he/she will call guards, attack murderers/thieves.

the only solution is to put the NPC-Companion into the Player-Faction - and even that fails sometimes.

An "in game" workaround for this issue is to tweak the companions responsibility down via the console code: SetAV ActorValue #

Example:

Bring up the console and then click on the companion (make sure their name and id number are displayed), then type

SetAV Responsibility 50

That should put an end to their reporting on you. However be aware that they "may" begin to steal stuff in broad daylight, which can have a negative impact as well. Play around with the value to find the balance where they don't steal and yet don't report you when you do either. :)

More on this (and other console codes) here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Console_Command_Tutorial

• 3 weeks later...

so maybe I'm missing something, but I can't get this to work. I believe it says I need to just drop the ini folder in the data folder, but that appears to do nothing, so I'm guessing that's wrong. I did look through the readme's, didn't see anything else regarding it, so now I'm asking.

so maybe I'm missing something' date=' but I can't get this to work. I believe it says I need to just drop the ini folder in the data folder, but that appears to do nothing, so I'm guessing that's wrong. I did look through the readme's, didn't see anything else regarding it, so now I'm asking.

[/quote']

To which plugin are you referring? MCS or Human touch?

In MCS there is no ini file so I am "guessing" you mean human touch.

If so then ini files go in oblivion\data\ini\

so maybe I'm missing something' date=' but I can't get this to work. I believe it says I need to just drop the ini folder in the data folder, but that appears to do nothing, so I'm guessing that's wrong. I did look through the readme's, didn't see anything else regarding it, so now I'm asking.

[/quote']

To which plugin are you referring? MCS or Human touch?

In MCS there is no ini file so I am "guessing" you mean human touch.

If so then ini files go in oblivion\data\ini\

Human Touch, & that's where I have it installed, & it's letting me cast the spells & everything, making sure I'm only casting on named people, & nothing's happening, the book is still empty.

Human Touch and MCS are two different things. You need to cast the MCS spell on someone to assign them as a companion.

Casting the MCS spells gives the green glow around someone, but nothing else happens, they don't show up as a companion or anything. I did make sure all 3 parts, ie. MCS, the extension, & Human Touch, were installed, & I do have the ini folder in the proper spot, so I'm stuck scratching my head at what the issue is.

What do you mean but "showing up" as a companion? If you cast the companion spell on them then you will be able to give them orders. If you try any other spell on them prior to making them a companion then it probably won't do anything.

Use the MCS order spell on them to make them a companion.

The Human touch plugin is as Menesh said, completely separate and has nothing to do with MCS to be honest.

What do you mean but "showing up" as a companion? If you cast the companion spell on them then you will be able to give them orders. If you try any other spell on them prior to making them a companion then it probably won't do anything.

Use the MCS order spell on them to make them a companion.

The Human touch plugin is as Menesh said' date=' completely separate and has nothing to do with MCS to be honest.

[/quote']

So, when I cast the MCS spell, there's something I'm missing to do that makes them a companion. Ok, I appear to be missing something. I've cast the MCS spell, talked to them directly afterwards, no change, checked the book in inventory, which hasn't changed. I'm not sure what I'm missing, the spell goes off as described before, but nothing else seems to change. I'm not seeing any option when I open the book to configure it, nor am I seeing the MCS extension spell listed in my spells.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Take the casual clothes away from them is one option.  You can look at their setting options, I "think" you can tell them what to wear if I remember right, but perhaps not.

As to the player, no, I have never heard of an auto-switching casual to combat outfit plugin.

Ah, I found the setting, it's in the inventory, deep inside the list. Thank you.

So what happens on the 'player' when the player takes a look into their companion's inventory, and close the inventory? Anything that can update the player's appearance? Gecko reported the problem that this action is causing player's clothing appearance update.

MCS is everything that CM wishes it could be. I highly recommend it.

I'd like to make the switch.

Is it possible to pull a companion from CM Partners mod, drop them into Oblivion and recruit them with MCS? (CM Partners disabled, of course)

No.  CM companions have scripts and other dependencies that make this impossible without doing quite a bit of work.  There are mods like from2chanlives however that add a TON (300+) hot chicks so you are sure to find one you like it that was what you were after.  Additionally with MCS you can recruit ANYONE that is in the game, be they mod added or vanilla.

Any help on combat? For some reason, my MCS companions are not fighting intelligently and sometimes not fighting at all, only staring at me. Is their some setting to remedy this? Even vanilla companions fight better.

Without seeing your load order and you giving us a bunch more info describing exactly what all is happening and with how many NPC's involved, we can't begin to help you.

Well I'm not sure if it's my load order or not. Using the hate command makes them fight up to my expectations. I was just wondering how MCS determined AI combat. Here's my load order just in case though. Only 1 companion. Is a CM companion but I haven't used that system, only MCS.

Oblivion.esm
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm
x117race.esm
Lovers with PK.esm
TamagoClub.esm
HiyokoClub.esm
LoversCreature.esm
BreakUndies.esm
CM Partners.esm
CustomSpellIcons.esm
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
DLCHorseArmor.esp